Stereo 3D Toolkit 3
  • Does this work with 360 video?
  • Hi David, the script has not been tested for 360 videos, but if you're working with left/right videos for stereo 360 it should work to some degree.  Do you have a setup to preview 360 video in after effects?  I would recommend downloading the trial and testing it out.  
  • Hallo.
    Would the plugin work with an image and a depthmap to create a stereo pair?
  • Hi, I need to create 3d shots in AE using Element 3D and 3d plugins. I understand that it works in red/blue spli channel mode but Can I use this script to create two renders out of L and R compositions to then combine them into one that will be read buy shutter glasses? I think the tool kit will do that for me but I need to be sure. Thanks
  • Hi, I need to create 3d shots in AE using Element 3D and 3d plugins. I understand that it works in red/blue spli channel mode but Can I use this script to create two renders out of L and R compositions to then combine them into one that will be read buy shutter glasses? I think the tool kit will do that for me but I need to be sure. Thanks
    Yes, that would work.  You can render the L and R compositions separately and combine them together afterwards.  You can also change the mode from red/blue to to side by side, over under or interlaced.
  • Thank You Rayan for fast replay, I appreciate.
  • Does the Stereo 3D Toolkit 3 also work on normal videos with stereo 3D effects?
    Or is the stereo effect (3D effect) not visible because the camera is created but the projected content is not 3D?
  • Does the Stereo 3D Toolkit 3 also work on normal videos with stereo 3D. effects?
    Or is the stereo effect (3D effect) not visible because the camera is created but the projected content is not 3D?
    The Stereo 3D Toolkit 3 is primarily designed for working with Unity projects and enabling stereo 3D effects within the Unity environment. It may not directly affect the stereo effect of normal videos outside of Unity.
  • The Stereo 3D Toolkit 3 is primarily designed for working with Unity projects and enabling stereo 3D effects within the Unity environment. It may not directly affect the stereo effect of normal videos outside of Unity.
    I'm a little confused, it's an AfterEffects plugin, but Unity? Unity is not mentioned in the DESCRIPTION either, what is mentioned in the DESCRIPTION is the functionality of the plugin as AfterEffects.

• I'm a little confused, it's an AfterEffects plugin, but Unity? Unity is not mentioned in the DESCRIPTION either, what is mentioned in the DESCRIPTION is the functionality of the plugin as AfterEffects.

Hi Kyo,  you are correct, it is an after effects plug-in, and there is no direct Unity functionality.  Although the exported videos could of course be used in a unity project.

As far as your original question goes, it should work in the situation you describe.  if you have existing 3d content, you can add it to the composition with the after effects camera and add additional effects to the scene.  The key is to match the camera settings of the video content.

I would suggest installing the trial version and testing it out to see if it suits your needs.
  • I would suggest installing the trial version and testing it out to see if it suits your needs.
    Hi Ryan, I will try to do so. Thanks for getting back to me. Is the "S3DExample-Element 3D test03.aep" file from the tutorial video included as well? I thought this file would make it easier to try.
  • Is the "S3DExample-Element 3D test03.aep" file from the tutorial video included as well? 
    Hi Kyo,  I don't believe the file is included in the download, but I've attached it to this message so you can check it out.
    aep
    aep
    S3D Example - Element 3D Text 03 - Complete.aep
    3M
  • Is the "S3DExample-Element 3D test03.aep" file from the tutorial video included as well? 
    Hi Kyo,  I don't believe the file is included in the download, but I've attached it to this message so you can check it out.
    Thank you so much! But I'm in a very busy period right now, I will download the AE files, but I need some time to review them and report back.
    I will definitely come back to report back once I confirm. Thanks for your kindness.