Storyboard Maker
  • testing this out. When exporting to pdf the pdf is text only, more like a shotlist but no images in the pdf. I was expecting it to output the storyboard frames with the text info with each storyboard panel. Am I doing something wrong?  Also, if I want to add script dialog where do I do that? an extra tutorial video on that would be great.

• testing this out. When exporting to pdf the pdf is text only, more like a shotlist but no images in the pdf. I was expecting it to output the storyboard frames with the text info with each storyboard panel. Am I doing something wrong?  Also, if I want to add script dialog where do I do that? an extra tutorial video on that would be great.
    Hi Kathleen,
    Thanks for reaching out.
    We had a complexity to add images to exported pdf, But fortunately we could solve the problem and we will release the next version by the end of the week. So stay in touch!

Please let us know what else you like to see in next version. 

Regards,
    David 
    Hi Kathleen,

We have added that in version 1.0.2. Please update your plugin and let us know your feedback:)
  • The idea is cool but I just find the cost is way too high for me to consider not using Photoshop or Illustrator instead. The issue is that it's not like this is a tool that doesn't exist in some form already. It's simple to make storyboards in Photoshop or Illustrator and then just bring those comps right in to AE. Plus, if you have AE then you already have Photoshop and Illustrator. Obviously this is just one opinion but, in mind at least, it needs to be around the $20 - $25 range for me to consider not using something I already own which has way more flexibility when creating storyboards. Plus, I don't quite understand why this is an After Effects extension. The only advantage I can really see with running it inside AE is that it exports images right to your project. The disadvantage is that it creates pre-comps for each image at a set length so, unlike a basic image layer, you can't easily stretch the timing of it by just dragging it's handle outwards. 

To be clear, I'm not knocking the concept or the execution but rather just illustrating why, at the current asking price (even with the discount), it's just not worth spending the money when I already have the tools to do it already. 

If I'm wrong on any of those points please let me know. I'm always open to having my mind changed!

• The idea is cool but I just find the cost is way too high for me to consider not using Photoshop or Illustrator instead. The issue is that it's not like this is a tool that doesn't exist in some form already. It's simple to make storyboards in Photoshop or Illustrator and then just bring those comps right in to AE. Plus, if you have AE then you already have Photoshop and Illustrator. Obviously this is just one opinion but, in mind at least, it needs to be around the $20 - $25 range for me to consider not using something I already own which has way more flexibility when creating storyboards. Plus, I don't quite understand why this is an After Effects extension. The only advantage I can really see with running it inside AE is that it exports images right to your project. The disadvantage is that it creates pre-comps for each image at a set length so, unlike a basic image layer, you can't easily stretch the timing of it by just dragging it's handle outwards. 

To be clear, I'm not knocking the concept or the execution but rather just illustrating why, at the current asking price (even with the discount), it's just not worth spending the money when I already have the tools to do it already. 

If I'm wrong on any of those points please let me know. I'm always open to having my mind changed!
    Hi Sean,

Thanks for your feedback.
    First of all, this is only version 1 of the plugin and we are working to add more features based on feedbacks. 1 cool thing that we are working on it is internal image editor which lets you draw or edit images without need of any other software. We just released the very basic version of it with last update. Another cool feature that we will add soon is "Storyboard assets" to use characters, icons, location and any other assets that you need during making a storyboard.

About the duration of each frame you can set the duration column in extension and each scene will have that specified duration. For the "Apply only images" option, I'm agree with you,  we should have simply add images into timeline, and we will add this in the next update.

As for your question about "Why we made this plugin for AE and not other software?"
    We think AE and premiere pro users needed such a tool that lets them make basic storyboard without dealing with design problems and use of design apps. 

We are just at the beginning of making a workflow from pre-production to post-production and storyboard is the start of this workflow.

I love to hear your feedback and we may find an opportunity to have some cooperation. Please open a support ticket and lets talk more!

Regards,
    David
  • David Sey said:

The idea is cool but I just find the cost is way too high for me to consider not using Photoshop or Illustrator instead. The issue is that it's not like this is a tool that doesn't exist in some form already. It's simple to make storyboards in Photoshop or Illustrator and then just bring those comps right in to AE. Plus, if you have AE then you already have Photoshop and Illustrator. Obviously this is just one opinion but, in mind at least, it needs to be around the $20 - $25 range for me to consider not using something I already own which has way more flexibility when creating storyboards. Plus, I don't quite understand why this is an After Effects extension. The only advantage I can really see with running it inside AE is that it exports images right to your project. The disadvantage is that it creates pre-comps for each image at a set length so, unlike a basic image layer, you can't easily stretch the timing of it by just dragging it's handle outwards. 

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your feedback.
    First of all, this is only version 1 of the plugin and we are working to add more features based on feedbacks. 1 cool thing that we are working on it is internal image editor which lets you draw or edit images without need of any other software. We just released the very basic version of it with last update. Another cool feature that we will add soon is "Storyboard assets" to use characters, icons, location and any other assets that you need during making a storyboard.

About the duration of each frame you can set the duration column in extension and each scene will have that specified duration. For the "Apply only images" option, I'm agree with you,  we should have simply add images into timeline, and we will add this in the next update.

As for your question about "Why we made this plugin for AE and not other software?"
    We think AE and premiere pro users needed such a tool that lets them make basic storyboard without dealing with design problems and use of design apps. 

We are just at the beginning of making a workflow from pre-production to post-production and storyboard is the start of this workflow.

I love to hear your feedback and we may find an opportunity to have some cooperation. Please open a support ticket and lets talk more!

Regards,
    David
    Oh geez sorry David. I only noticed this now! I'll open a support ticket.