Chump NFT Engine
  • aptly titled plugin
  • aptly titled plugin
    I know your comment is just a weirdly unprovoked jab, but I'll take the opportunity to say it's titled that way because it was used to create the collection Block Chumps :)
  • I have been using this tool since the beta as I am am member of the block chumps discord/holder. It has changed the way I make art. While the tool is meant to create NFT collections, I quickly found that I could use the techniques in NFTs collectible to make art not for traditional digital sales such as customizable profile pictures emotes on Etsy/fiverr. The generator allows you to create randomized artwork and characters that I would normally not design myself. With that said, I designed everything myself... but I would have never put it in those combinations. Moreover, because it is a generator based on aftereffects, you can make much more robust artwork than you would find on older python based generative art such as the popular monkey one. 

As a 2d artist trying to fight against AI, use this tool to make more artwork than you ever have and gain an advantage.

The only complaint I would have about it is that it is an after effects extension... the artists (2d-non animation based artists) who would most benefit from this tool do not know how to use after effects. I just happened to be lucky enough to be both.
  • This looks like it would be incredibly useful.  After quickly scanning through the documentation, I have three feature suggestions which I think would be incredibly beneficial:

1) The ability to output SVG files instead of PNG files.  SVG files are much lighter weight than PNG files which is a major positive in blockchain storage environments.  The NFT space is moving more and more toward on-chain media storage and generation vs simple pointers to off-chain media storage like private servers or even IPFS.  SVGs make that much easier and more cost effective.  They have the added benefit of consisting of XML code themselves vs binary files, which lends itself to more interactive NFT executions where you might want to access and modify different parts of the image using javascript DOM events, etc.

2) To that last point, adding the ability to apply javascript expressions and events/event listeners to different traits and image elements would be amazing.  Illustrator has a very limited ability to do this, but it kind of sucks for the purposes of an interactive NFT artist.  Feels like a no-brainer feature for this product's roadmap at some point.

3) If you haven't considered it yet, it would be worth looking at the Bodymovin plugin and seeing if there's a way to interface with it to add Lottie file output as a render option using the plugin.  It basically outputs a vector animation as a JSON which can be played using the various Lottie player libraries out there.  Again, just exceptionally lightweight and would also potentially expand your plugin demographic to non-NFT artists like web/product designers, animated typographers, etc.
  • This looks like it would be incredibly useful.  After quickly scanning through the documentation, I have three feature suggestions which I think would be incredibly beneficial:

1) The ability to output SVG files instead of PNG files.  SVG files are much lighter weight than PNG files which is a major positive in blockchain storage environments.  The NFT space is moving more and more toward on-chain media storage and generation vs simple pointers to off-chain media storage like private servers or even IPFS.  SVGs make that much easier and more cost effective.  They have the added benefit of consisting of XML code themselves vs binary files, which lends itself to more interactive NFT executions where you might want to access and modify different parts of the image using javascript DOM events, etc.

2) To that last point, adding the ability to apply javascript expressions and events/event listeners to different traits and image elements would be amazing.  Illustrator has a very limited ability to do this, but it kind of sucks for the purposes of an interactive NFT artist.  Feels like a no-brainer feature for this product's roadmap at some point.

3) If you haven't considered it yet, it would be worth looking at the Bodymovin plugin and seeing if there's a way to interface with it to add Lottie file output as a render option using the plugin.  It basically outputs a vector animation as a JSON which can be played using the various Lottie player libraries out there.  Again, just exceptionally lightweight and would also potentially expand your plugin demographic to non-NFT artists like web/product designers, animated typographers, etc.
    All great points - thanks for your feedback and I'll be continuously adding useful features :)
  • Hi,

I have a comp with an animation of a rotating pass with an avatar pic on it. I want to render this pass 10000 times with a unique avatar pic for every pass. Can i do that with this tool?
  • Hi, I have a comp with an animation of a rotating pass with an avatar pic on it. I want to render this pass 10000 times with a unique avatar pic for every pass. Can i do that with this tool?
    Hello, yes you can do that as long as you have enough artwork for 10000 different avatars. Feel free to get the trial to see how it works. If you need help/walkthrough please join our discord and we can chat. There'll be a full tutorial soon though as well.

Thanks