• What a clever tool since Adobe never took in account those little things that makes our work so annoying, like Influence pop-ups and others !!

Many many thanks Mr Delaney ! 
  • Beautiful script.  I love the way you think.  I use this constantly now.

I've got a slight bug... the script doesn't seem to work on the size properties of shape layers.  Any ideas?  Is there a place to submit reports?
  • Glad you guys like it!

Paul, this would be the place to do such a thing.

Trying to recreate the bug you described, I made a new comp, added a shape layer with a rectangle, and all functions seem to be working for me on the size prop. Could you give me a few more details? System, AE version, etc?

Thanks!
  • ProMAX One
    Windows 7
    Intel 2 x 2.60GHz
    64GB RAM
    Nvidia Quadro 4000

AE CS6 v11.0.2.12

Seems to work for everything except rectangle sizes.  Even other rectangle properties are ok.
  • Script looks great! Is there a way to multiply a property by a number? For example I'm trying to scale everything down by 25%. It would be great if I could select all the scale properties and multiply it by .25.
  • Script looks great! Is there a way to multiply a property by a number? For example I'm trying to scale everything down by 25%. It would be great if I could select all the scale properties and multiply it by .25.
    Thanks. Not currently. But I do have this feature planned for the next version.
  • Dosent work on Shape layers. Rectangle Shape.
  • Hey Gerald,

I am aware of this problem, and a new version with this fixed is coming soon. I've just been swamped recently.

Thanks.
  • Thank you so much, for your dedication. Cant wait to use it, my whole project is shape layers...... :/
  • Very nice.
    i think some random function will be usefull for such script!

now i dont know handy and easy script for that (
  • Hey, the download for the new version 1.1 is not linked to the keysmith download section. It still reads v1.
  • Hey, the download for the new version 1.1 is not linked to the keysmith download section. It still reads v1.
    Hey Gerald, it seems to be showing up correctly for me. Could you explain what you're experiencing in a bit more detail? 
  • Hi Michael
    Feature request here - Is there a way to develop more features in Spatial section? Like break tangens - so we have in and out controllable separately. And to be able to assign numeric values to them. I see no way to control that in AE at this point. Thanks!
    Please refer to this FAQ: How to upgrade "Name Your Own Price" products
  • Hi Michael
    Feature request here - Is there a way to develop more features in Spatial section? Like break tangens - so we have in and out controllable separately. And to be able to assign numeric values to them. I see no way to control that in AE at this point. Thanks!
    Hi Jim,

Sorry about the delay. Are you wishing to set the length of the tangents or the position of each handle individually?
  • Are there any plans of updating this so it matches the new UI of After Effects? It kind of sticks out now :)

(But still works great!)
  • Are there any plans of updating this so it matches the new UI of After Effects? It kind of sticks out now :)

(But still works great!)
    Hi Remington,

Are you just referring to the button icons still being amber in color?

The new AE colors are still in flux. So I probably wont update until they're locked down.

Thanks.
  • do a hue change of 160 on your amber assets and it will at least match better

• OK, I bought the script and love how it works. However, it needs to copy actual keyframes so it gets the handles. When it randomizes keyframe position, my handles to back to default. 
  • I am experiencing problems with Keysmith, when trying to accessing it throug the Window menu I get this error: 
    Unable to execute script at line 225. items is read only

The same happens with Sortie. And Rift gives me an error at line 1120; name is read only.

I get blank panels as a result. Help?
  • Hi S.F.,

Could you please open a ticket and give me all your specs (win, ae, rift, sortie, and keysmith versions) ?

Thanks.

• Hi Michael, great job on all your scripts!

I was wondering if there is any way to assign a keyboard shortcut to apply the "Speed/Influence" percentages in Keysmith?

Thanks!

-Joe
  • Hi Joe,

No not currently. I'll add that to the list of features for the next version though.

Thanks!
  • I really like this script, really helpful. I'm still getting used to it and I have a couple of questions.

* Does it only work with PR properties of objects? or should it work with any keyframe-able properties? Reason I ask is because I've noticed that it will work sometimes with properties in a shape layer and sometimes it won't. Also sometimes won't work with scale keyframes either...very random.

* Check out this screenshot . Is it me or is this working backwards? the "in" influence seems to be getting applied to the "out" and viceversa, or is this the right way for it to work?

* Also, I've found that if I have any numbers in the "value" for XYZ and I try to apply "speed influence" by hitting the apply button for this property, it will also apply the values from the "Value" fields. Was this meant to function like this? or is it a bug?

Again, I really like the script, I think it's very powerful. Although I think a new tutorial to better understand how the Speed/Influence works would be great. So far I've turned off the Speed parameter cause it doesn't seem to do much. Also I had to find out the hard way that the speed has to be set to 0 for the Influence to take effect, or that's what I think at least.
  • Now i'm getting this everytime I start Keysmith

The error reads "unable to execute script at line 503. undefined is not an object" and so far the "value" property is not working.

This happened out of the blue. Did not install anything new on my system.

HELP PLEASE??????

I am running AE CC Version 12.1.0.168 on a Macbook Pro Retina 15" / OSX v10.10.5 and latest version of Keysmith

• You are a hero, keep doing what you do! I use RIFT regularly and it looks like I'll be adding this to my animation arsenal now too.

- Spencer
  • There isn't a way of assigning random values across your keyframe selection using this, is there?
  • Hey Michael, I've been using Keysmith on just about every project for the last few years. Today I started using AE 2015.3 instead of 2014, and found that I can no longer TAB through the text fields of the ScriptUI panel.  I'm guessing this is something to do with Adobe's new stacked panels and not unique to Keysmith at all but - is there a fix, or another keystroke to cycle through fields?
  • Hey Michael, I've been using Keysmith on just about every project for the last few years. Today I started using AE 2015.3 instead of 2014, and found that I can no longer TAB through the text fields of the ScriptUI panel.  I'm guessing this is something to do with Adobe's new stacked panels and not unique to Keysmith at all but - is there a fix, or another keystroke to cycle through fields?
    Hi Steve,

Keysmith hasn't been changed in awhile. So this must be an Adobe issue.
  • Michael, I'm a huge fan of Keysmith. I'm curious if there is a way to create a hotkey to apply a chosen speed/influence to selected key frames.
  • I am experiencing problems with Keysmith, when trying to accessing it throug the Window menu I get this error: 
    Unable to execute script at line 225. items is read only

The same happens with Sortie. And Rift gives me an error at line 1120; name is read only.

I get blank panels as a result. Help?
    Was there a fix for this as I getting the same error.?
  • Hey Michael,
    Looks like "Create" feature doesn't work properly well in the last AF (2015.3)  
    It creates new Key but changes parameters for both Keys (selected one and new) and no animation between them. 
  • I'm having the same problem as Alexei below...
  • Hi thanks for a great script, Michael!

Is there a way to set random values to property channels?

Perhaps in a similar way Rift can randomly shift keyframes within a range, it would be great if we didn't have to add a unique random value to a a dozen or more values individually--just set a min and max pixel/percent value and have all the selected values set randomly at once.

Thanks again!

Tom
  • Hey Tom,

Multiple people have asked for this kind of functionality. When I have time, I plan on adding it in the next version.

Thanks!
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply--great! Looking forward to the next release.

Any way to do the equivalent of using "index" in the smart input fields? E.g. index*100px ?

Thanks again for a great script and great support!

Tom
  • Hi,

I just have a small comment about your tutorial. Relative and absolute values are the opposite of what you state. I hope I am not too cavil ;-).
  • Anybody else have problems with this script in AE 15.1.2?

I get an unable to execute script at line 225. Bad Argument. 
     Reinstalled but to no avail. This is one of my most used scripts and AE just isn't the same without it. 
  • Finaly! after hours of testing and debugging if anyone else is getting the error Unable to execute script line 225 read only... for me by closing lipsyncr script that was docked on my workspace and not having it loaded fixed this error and I m now able to load Rift and Keysmith. Weird conflict bug but if your getting the same issue try to find witch docked script is giving you problems.

Good Luck
  • Hey there,

Do you think it's possible to copy and paste anchor points of a path (individual points or a selection) from one keyframe to another? (within the same layer). I don't want to overwrite all anchor points all the time. This would be a real time saver. 

• Hey Michael,
    If your interested I have an idea for an add-on function for keysmith that I believe would be ideal for this script.
  • Randy Hoyt said:
    Finaly! after hours of testing and debugging if anyone else is getting the error Unable to execute script line 225 read only... for me by closing lipsyncr script that was docked on my workspace and not having it loaded fixed this error and I m now able to load Rift and Keysmith. Weird conflict bug but if your getting the same issue try to find witch docked script is giving you problems.
    Good Luck

Thanks for the fix Randy! Can't get by without my precious Keysmith
  • I truly hope this will get updated for the upcoming M1 version, beta won't load it. This has been a godsend for my workflow.
  • I truly hope this will get updated for the upcoming M1 version, beta won't load it. This has been a godsend for my workflow.
    There's no reason it should not work on M1. However Keysmith is no longer being developed, if you want a newer supported tool, check out Keystone.
    There's no reason it should not work on M1. However Keysmith is no longer being developed, if you want a newer supported tool, check out Keystone.
    You are absolutely right, I forgot to change the preference for script writing first. I considered buying Keystone, as I donated towards Keysmith since it has been so great, but I can't see where Keystone offers the same preset states for easing speed/influence, which are critical for my workflow.
    You are absolutely right, I forgot to change the preference for script writing first. I considered buying Keystone, as I donated towards Keysmith since it has been so great, but I can't see where Keystone offers the same preset states for easing speed/influence, which are critical for my workflow.
    You can feature request this here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1782&direct=1