Dynamic TextBox
  • Not working on a non-english version of After Effects. I get this message when I want to create a dynamic textbox: http://postimg.org/image/ycqsqh0lr/
  • I'll try to fix this soon
  • Hi,

the script "dynamic textbox" works like a charm.

Nevertheless I have a question for an "extended function".
    If I have several of dynamic text boxes each one under the other (in the y-axis) and with some (fixed) free space between each other.
    If I change now the text in one text box from one lines to two lines it "grows" in the y-axis.
    That´s when it would be great, if the boxes under this two-lines textbox could move their position accordingly in the y-axis down, while the free space between the boxes stay fixed.
    I hope it was understandable.

Or to say it in other words: Would it be possible to link the y-position parameter of textbox B to the y-position of textbox A bottom line?

Thanks,
    Oliver
  • Hi, Oliver.
    Now the script handles only one layer and knows nothing about the existence of any other. So it looks impossible to link independent layers. But you can make it manually because it's very easy if you use numeric option. Just add to transform.position of your lower layer the height of your upper layer and needed space with expression. For example:
    value + [0, thisComp.layer("MyUpperText_TEXTBOX").effect("TEXTBOX_RB")("Point")[1] - thisComp.layer("MyUpperText_TEXTBOX").effect("TEXTBOX_LT")("Point")[1] + 10]
  • Is it compatible with Dynamic Links in Premiere?
  • I do not quite understand what you mean. Premiere can use any AE project via Dynamic Links but you work with this project in AE, isn't it?
  • Not satisfied. I cannot apply the effect to many text layers at the same time. I have every word separately in my project sequence and I would have to go through 400 implementations to get it done with this script.

I found this free of charge script that works for all the layers at the same time. http://www.motionboutique.com/textbox/

• Is there a way to set the Fill color? It looks like it wants a number or something to put in the Fill color box. Can I set some sort of default color so I don't have to twirl down the layer parameters for each text?

MacOS AE 2019 16.0.0
  • No, such possibility is not provided for now.