• Pixel Cloud
    Pixel Cloud

https://aescripts.com/pixel-cloud/

The Pixel Cloud plugin for After Effects is a powerful compositing tool that allows you to relight a 3D generated image, make 3D aware selections or displace the pixels in 3D space. Combine the use of a Position Pass and a Normal Pass with the power of After Effects' 3D lights and cameras and change the lighting of your composited 3D graphics.

• If you have two RGB images, each with their own position pass, does pixel cloud allow you to do a Depth Merge - wherein the two RGB passes are merged based on their position pass data rather than on layer order?  

Thanks,
    Luke
  • Not at this time however that is something that will be included in the next version. One workaround has been to simply combine both images side by side and do the same for the position passes.
  • Thanks for the reply Michael. Could you elaborate more on that workaround? I'm feeling a little dense at the moment and am having trouble figuring out what you mean.

Thanks again,
    Luke
  • Hey,
    does this plug in work in AFX CC. And with the lite Version of C4d?
  • The plug-in installer was just updated for Creative Cloud. It works exactly the same as in previous versions. There is no interaction with C4D lite and to produce the necessary passes for Pixel Cloud you will still need a full 3D package.
  • I just ran the installer and the plugin does not show up neither in CS6 nor in CC.
    I have CC installed on my Windows 7 C: Drive and CS6 installed on D: Drive.
    Can you help me please?
  • Hi Olaf, could you try uninstalling and then reinstalling Pixel Cloud? You can uninstall from the Control Panel.
  • Hi Michael, i tried that, with the same result.
    Tried also installing on another Computer with a win8 Operating system.
    The installer doesn't give me the option to install on After Effects CC, only CS4 to CS6.
    Also tried installing as Administrator - same result.
    Also when i search my harddrive i can't find any file with an "aex" file-extention that has the word "pixel" in it.
    Especially not in AEs Plug-Ins folder.
    The installation is also running lightning-fast, you can hardly see a progress bar before the installation is "complete"
    I have a german version of AE, could that be a problem?
  • Hmm, I think it may be the different language version. I haven't tested it on the German windows before. Please send me an email at [email protected] and I can send you the extracted contents.
  • How well does this work on a render farm? We may need several workstation  and render machine licenses and we want to make sure everything works well on a farm.  Please advise ASAP.   
  • How well does this work on a render farm? We may need several workstation  and render machine licenses and we want to make sure everything works well on a farm.  Please advise ASAP.   You can email me directly: [email protected]
    Render farm nodes need to be licensed. We offer render only licenses but they are special order. Please open a support ticket to order them.
  • IM using AE CC 2014 on a mac. Trying to try out the demo and the plugin does not show up in app. Im using the installer and tried installing it for the correct version. Am i missing something? or does there need to be an update for the trial version?

• IM using AE CC 2014 on a mac. Trying to try out the demo and the plugin does not show up in app. Im using the installer and tried installing it for the correct version. Am i missing something? or does there need to be an update for the trial version?

In order to troubleshoot this problem. Which installer are you running? Mac or Win? And which OS version?

UPDATE: The trial download file has been updated. Please feel free to update to the newest version of the Installer v1.6b.

• Im using OS X Yosemite with CC 2014
  • Have you tried the new installer 1.6b? If you are still having this issue try replying to the following questions. Do you have antivirus software installed that may be interfering with the install? Is After Effects installed on a separate drive than the OS is installed?
  • Does this version still work in AE 2018?
  • Hi Sir,

where do I put the ffx folder?

thank you very much
  • @Eugene Afanasiev Yes, the plug-in should still work with CC2018
  • @ANDRES PINILLA , the FFX contains presets. You do not need them for installation however, you may copy them to the User Presets folder.
  • Is there a size restriction for the trial or full version? I'm working at 24k. It looks to work well if i precomp everything down to a 1920 comp. 
    Thanks! 
  • I tried it in demo version.
    Pressing the refcam button turns off the AE.
    I use CC2019 , windows10
  • Thanks for letting me know about this issue. I will investigate it and make a fix if necessary.
  • Hi I have done the tutorial to move a pic whit the displacement map, but honestly I did't buy the plugin to make parallax effects or for compositing and relight, I buy it to make something like what you show on your own demo:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQDLnC3nbbc (This kind of impressionism effect)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=VuMfe79dbz0  (that is also repeated here whit the text at the beginning)

I have been playing whit pixelcloud for 7 hours and still can  understand 100% how works to make that effect, the native effect card dance have been more useful and user-friendly until now, as a client I try to contact you through your website and now here I'm begin for tips and knowledge to introduce your product to dummies.

Thanks
  • Hi Manuel, The effect is possible but not as hi-Rez as the video you attached I think. Because you would be limited by the amount of pixels you are able to displace. You can use a depth map that you can create in an image manipulation software like photoshop to create. Here is a video tutorial on how to do that.
  • Does this work in AE 2022?
  • Doesn't work with Adobe 2023.