Automated Video Editing
  • Can you use photos with this as well or is it just limited to video?  Thanks for your answer.
    IMAGES - To use images / photos you will first need to convert those items to comps (To batch convert the images to comps simply select them all and drag them to the New comp icon at the bottom of the project panel and choose 'Multiple Compositions'. This way you don't have to do them one at a time).

Hope this was helpful :)

• I have the same problem, anybody can help me please?  The Stereo Side Keys process was not able to be completed. Make sure you don't press on the mouse while the automated process is running. wait for the message 'Process Completed Successfully'.
  • I have the same problem, anybody can help me please?  The Stereo Side Keys process was not able to be completed. Make sure you don't press on the mouse while the automated process is running. wait for the message 'Process Completed Successfully'.
    Hi Chero
    what after effects version are you using and what language
    are you using the script in version 1.03?

Thank you
  • yep, i am using 1.03 and in English :(

• and it is Ae CS6 11.0.3.6
  • and it is Ae CS6 11.0.3.6
    Please update CS6 to 11.0.4.2, let me know if you still have this problem after that
    Thanks
  • and i am sorry it is in spanish

• and i am sorry it is in spanish

Can you tell us what the "Convert Audio to Keyframes" command is in your Spanish version of AE? What is it called in Spanish?
  • yes, I have it in AE cs6 spanish, it is called "Convertir audio en fotogramas clave"
  • yes, I have it in AE cs6 spanish, it is called "Convertir audio en fotogramas clave"
    Can you please open a support ticket so we can give you a tool to test your system?
  • Hi Gilad- 
    Cool script! 
    Is there any way to randomize the in-point of the clips, rather than just default to the beginning of each clip? 
  • Hi Gilad- 
    Cool script! 
    Is there any way to randomize the in-point of the clips, rather than just default to the beginning of each clip? 
    Yes you can, this feature was added in the latest update.

"Start of Clip" - For each clip, the script can make a random in point to start the cut, or
    use the beginning of the clip as an in point. change "Start of clip" to random.

• What is the length of a music track that one can use? I tried to use a longer mixed track and it gave me a error ...
  • What is the length of a music track that one can use? I tried to use a longer mixed track and it gave me a error ...
    Hi Peter

Currently you can use up to 13 minute audio track, I will consider adding more minutes time in the next update.
    What is the length of the audio mix you are using?

Thanks
  • Hi Gilad, 
    Seen your script on a website that was reviewing it. I'm interested in this product quick question though. I'm interested in using this for music videos. Is there a way to use presynced footage or are you able somehow update this to read footage already in the comp? If I sync the footage in Premiere then link it through AE I then want the script to use that Premiere dynamic link composition. Basically instead of dropping files in the comp folder of the script have the script use footage off of whatever comp is open at the time if that makes sense.  
  • i just bought this ,downlouded and extracted the file but when i open after effects there is nothing to import, any tips ;(
  • Hi Gilad, 
    Seen your script on a website that was reviewing it. I'm interested in this product quick question though. I'm interested in using this for music videos. Is there a way to use presynced footage or are you able somehow update this to read footage already in the comp? If I sync the footage in Premiere then link it through AE I then want the script to use that Premiere dynamic link composition. Basically instead of dropping files in the comp folder of the script have the script use footage off of whatever comp is open at the time if that makes sense.  
    Hi Brandon
    no it cannot do that currently but it will use clips in the "###Video" folder inside the project panel according to there number (you can change the order manually by changing the clips name).
    Hope this was helpful
  • i just bought this ,downlouded and extracted the file but when i open after effects there is nothing to import, any tips ;(
    Hi Ruben
    Did you follow the installation instruction in the user manual?
    If installation instructions doesn't help please open a support ticket
    Thanks
  • Is there any chance to improve with these features:
    - add still images
    - automatically pan and zoom still images according to the music, something like this?
  • To use images / photos you will first need to convert those items to comps (To batch convert the images to comps simply select them all and drag them to the New comp icon at the bottom of the project panel and choose 'Multiple Compositions'. This way you don't have to do them one at a time).

Regarding pan and zoom still images according to the music, good idea, I will consider adding that feature soon.

Thanks
    Is there any chance to improve with these features:
    - add still images
    - automatically pan and zoom still images according to the music, something like this?

• Thanks, after the trial period I bought it and picture to comps work fine.

Probably one more idea in the long term of this superb time-saver plug-in: would be great to add the standard AE effects randomly to each track, to spice the footages up. Obviously it need some thinking how it can be done in the clever way, at least hue/saturation, colorization, brightness, some distortions, image noises, lo-fi effect etc. would be interesting. Or is there any plug-in that already make this?

Random Video is great, however I often get the same video too many times. Is that possible to expand it with Random Exclusive feature? I mean all videos played randomly just once only, and they start repeating after all video has already been played earlier. So in case of enough footage the repetition could be completely eliminated.

Not sure if it is a bug, but Video Cut Speed is 4, Limit Shot Duration is set to max 5 sec and I still get a 24 sec long edit after running a script. How do these parameters interact?
  • Thanks, after the trial period I bought it and picture to comps work fine.

Probably one more idea in the long term of this superb time-saver plug-in: would be great to add the standard AE effects randomly to each track, to spice the footages up. Obviously it need some thinking how it can be done in the clever way, at least hue/saturation, colorization, brightness, some distortions, image noises, lo-fi effect etc. would be interesting. Or is there any plug-in that already make this?

Random Video is great, however I often get the same video too many times. Is that possible to expand it with Random Exclusive feature? I mean all videos played randomly just once only, and they start repeating after all video has already been played earlier. So in case of enough footage the repetition could be completely eliminated.

Not sure if it is a bug, but Video Cut Speed is 4, Limit Shot Duration is set to max 5 sec and I still get a 24 sec long edit after running a script. How do these parameters interact?
    Hi Baci

1. I will try to add more feature in future release, my goal is to make the script better each time and your suggestion sounds great. It's not hard to make what you suggest but I need to think about what are the rules regarding putting the AE effects on those layers (what effects to include and what not to include, do I use a couple on one video or just one effect per video). 

2. you right, I will fix that soon (Random Exclusive or the existing Random option math operation) , but what you can do also: just choose "Random Video" and also choose "Start of Clip": "Random". don't forget to cancel the "Repeat Video" option. this will also start each video from a different in-Point and also choose random video files. so if you have long duration files (let's say from GO PRO cameras) this can be very affective.

3. first the engine cut the video files according to the beat, after that it will check the rules on Min/Max shot duration you entered and will remove clips that doesn't obey the rules, the empty space that left is filled by stretching other videos.
    did you mean the whole edit is 24sec or a each layer length?

• There is a generated footage layer where the lenght of the edit is 24 sec which could not happen with my current setting: Limit Shot duration, Max Secondds: 5sec

• There is a generated footage layer where the lenght of the edit is 24 sec which could not happen with my current setting: Limit Shot duration, Max Secondds: 5sec

Hi Baci
    If the problem continuo, please open a support ticket.
    Thanks
  • Hello, i need help please :
    I have a problem. When I press the "do it" button, I have a "pro Import" window that opens. Then when I press cancel to go, I have a message script alert : "The stereo side keys...".

My software version is: after effects cc 2014 French.

Edit: problem solved. It was enough to get the software in English
  • Hello, i need help please :
    I have a problem. When I press the "do it" button, I have a "pro Import" window that opens. Then when I press cancel to go, I have a message script alert : "The stereo side keys...".

My software version is: after effects cc 2014 French.

Edit: problem solved. It was enough to get the software in English
    Hi Maggio

If you still have this issue, please open a support ticket

Thanks
  • Hello! I can not see the step 3. the interface is too long (in vertical) and my rsolution is 1368px for my laptop screen. How can I fix this issue?
    Thank you in advance!
  • Hi slate
    Thanks for notice this issue, I need to add a scrollbar to fix this. 
    It will be fixed for the next release
    Hello! I can not see the step 3. the interface is too long (in vertical) and my rsolution is 1368px for my laptop screen. How can I fix this issue?
    Thank you in advance!

• Hello do you have a vertion for cs5.5 ? dosent work.....thanks
  • Love this script, using for my behind the scene or unused videos from model shoots. Comes in handy when you just don't have an idea for the videos.
  • Hi! I bought this plugin a couple of days ago and was wondering if it's possible to give it different cut speeds instead of just using one speed all the time? Is there a way to highlight videos that have more importance than others and show them longer? An other question would be (that is maybe not relevant to your plu-in, but could be handy): is it possible to put scenes in different order than filename (default) or random? And I feel like it doesn't use all the videos I put in the folder. Is there a maximum amount? Thanks! 
  • Hi! I bought this plugin a couple of days ago and was wondering if it's possible to give it different cut speeds instead of just using one speed all the time? Is there a way to highlight videos that have more importance than others and show them longer? An other question would be (that is maybe not relevant to your plu-in, but could be handy): is it possible to put scenes in different order than filename (default) or random? And I feel like it doesn't use all the videos I put in the folder. Is there a maximum amount? Thanks! 
    Hi Rafael

Thanks for buying the plugin. currently you have a few option for cut speed but it's constant speed. I think what you asked is a good idea for next release.
    regarding 'highlight some videos' - copy paste the same video file inside after effects a couple of times and give them different names. In case you just want to make the video length longer - after automated editing finish doing is thing you can tweak it. 
    regarding last question, what 'order' option would you like to have for the files?.
    there isn't a maximum amount of videos files you can use, basically you can use as much as you want. if you feel like some files are not included, two option 1. the music ended before the plugin could use all footage 2. maybe it's a bug (you can open a support ticket if the problem consist).

Thank you
  • Hello, I just BUY your script and although having followed exactly the steps that absolutely works. I import my music (1) my videos (20) I run the script and asked me to open an Adobe Premiere project. WHAT FOR ? At no time in presenting the script, we do talk about this step. Then the following error message comes:
    "The Stero Side Keys process was not able to be compelted.
    Make sur you don't press on the mouse or keyboard while the
    automated process is runnin, wait for te message 'Process Completed Successfully' "

What's the problem ?? And please...do not tell me to see other support ticket because none helped me solve the problem. Just answer me and give me a concrete solution please.

Thank you
  • Hello, I just BUY your script and although having followed exactly the steps that absolutely works. I import my music (1) my videos (20) I run the script and asked me to open an Adobe Premiere project. WHAT FOR ? At no time in presenting the script, we do talk about this step. Then the following error message comes:
    "The Stero Side Keys process was not able to be compelted.
    Make sur you don't press on the mouse or keyboard while the
    automated process is runnin, wait for te message 'Process Completed Successfully' "

What's the problem ?? And please...do not tell me to see other support ticket because none helped me solve the problem. Just answer me and give me a concrete solution please.

Thank you
    Hi Olivier

I can solve your problem but I can't do it from here. please open a support ticket. I will send you a script to run on your machine and I will need you to tell me the number that will pop up. 
    every AE version have is own API number for different tasks, I need to see yours is currect, if not, I will send you one that will work on your machine according to the result number.

Thanks
  • Hi Gilad
    Okay, I opened a support ticket (#1025952).
    Thanks for your help.
  • Hello Gilad,

I open a support ticket for the same problem. "Stereo Side Keys" (ticket# 1026688)
    Can you help me please? I'm stuck and i'm running the full version of your plugin ...

• Hello Gilad,

I open a support ticket for the same problem. "Stereo Side Keys" (ticket# 1026688)
    Can you help me please? I'm stuck and i'm running the full version of your plugin ...

Hi Noki

I uploaded a new version today (1.07) that fix that issue with latest AE version (13.7.0.124)

:)
  • Hi, 
    Is there a way that I can set many different in-points of a long clip (ie. 5 in-points in a 5 minute clip) ...so that AVE can use these 5 in-points to cut from?
    Thanks!

Thanks, after the trial period I bought it and picture to comps work fine.

Hi Baci

1. I will try to add more feature in future release, my goal is to make the script better each time and your suggestion sounds great. It's not hard to make what you suggest but I need to think about what are the rules regarding putting the AE effects on those layers (what effects to include and what not to include, do I use a couple on one video or just one effect per video). 

2. you right, I will fix that soon (Random Exclusive or the existing Random option math operation) , but what you can do also: just choose "Random Video" and also choose "Start of Clip": "Random". don't forget to cancel the "Repeat Video" option. this will also start each video from a different in-Point and also choose random video files. so if you have long duration files (let's say from GO PRO cameras) this can be very affective.

3. first the engine cut the video files according to the beat, after that it will check the rules on Min/Max shot duration you entered and will remove clips that doesn't obey the rules, the empty space that left is filled by stretching other videos.
    did you mean the whole edit is 24sec or a each layer length?

• I keep getting the message

"Please make sure you have 1 Music file (not more than 1) inside '###Music' folder and that you have more than 3 video files inside '###Video' folder before pressing the 'Do it' button"

Even though I have 32 video MP4 files, and 1 mp3 music file in the correct folders.

I'm running the latest version of AE CS6
  • Sol ftw said:
    I keep getting the message

"Please make sure you have 1 Music file (not more than 1) inside '###Music' folder and that you have more than 3 video files inside '###Video' folder before pressing the 'Do it' button"

Even though I have 32 video MP4 files, and 1 mp3 music file in the correct folders.

I'm running the latest version of AE CS6
    what version of automated video editing are you using? what language version is your AE? is this the first time you run the script and have this problem?
  • It appears to have started working! I'm on the trial 1.08v version and I was selecting more than 10 files.
    Would you consider doing this plugin for Adobe Premiere? seems much more useful there
    Thank you for your quick support answer
  • Has anyone tried using GIFs with this? 
  • 2. you right, I will fix that soon (Random Exclusive or the existing Random option math operation) , but what you can do also: just choose "Random Video" and also choose "Start of Clip": "Random". don't forget to cancel the "Repeat Video" option. this will also start each video from a different in-Point and also choose random video files. so if you have long duration files (let's say from GO PRO cameras) this can be very affective.

When I try this, it goes only once through the list of available files? It doesn't make a video for the full length of the music track? Is that correct?
  • 2. you right, I will fix that soon (Random Exclusive or the existing Random option math operation) , but what you can do also: just choose "Random Video" and also choose "Start of Clip": "Random". don't forget to cancel the "Repeat Video" option. this will also start each video from a different in-Point and also choose random video files. so if you have long duration files (let's say from GO PRO cameras) this can be very affective.

When I try this, it goes only once through the list of available files? It doesn't make a video for the full length of the music track? Is that correct?
    to create a video for the full length of the music track, you need to check the "repeat video" checkbox.
  • I just tested in AE CC 2017 and works fine, this script save my time, thanks!
  • Hello, I am using the Chinese version of AE-CC-2017
    I use Automated_Video_Editing_v1.10
    There was an error
    【 i set my whole project and then click "Do It" there is a pop up that says "Script Alert" The stereo side keys process was not able to be completed, make sure you don't press on the mouse or keyboard while the automated process is running..... (i don't press anything) how you can help me? Thank you!! and keep it up your work ;)
    My English is not very good, I want to buy, but how to solve this problem?
    My mailbox is [email protected], hope can be resolved, I like this software, support you!

• This plugin/script looks amazing, i just have one question! if I import 20 H.264 video clips or .mov. How long would it take to render the finish 5 to 10 minute project?
  • MrH Live said:

This plugin/script looks amazing, i just have one question! if I import 20 H.264 video clips or .mov. How long would it take to render the finish 5 to 10 minute project?

Rendering depends on your machine power and after effects itself :)

• Huan SIR said:

Hello, I am using the Chinese version of AE-CC-2017
    I use Automated_Video_Editing_v1.10
    There was an error
    【 i set my whole project and then click "Do It" there is a pop up that says "Script Alert" The stereo side keys process was not able to be completed, make sure you don't press on the mouse or keyboard while the automated process is running..... (i don't press anything) how you can help me? Thank you!! and keep it up your work ;)
    My English is not very good, I want to buy, but how to solve this problem?
    My mailbox is [email protected], hope can be resolved, I like this software, support you!

Try use a English version of Adobe After Effects, it will solve the issue.
    Thank you for your kind words :)
  • AE CC Mac 13.8  OSX Yosemite

Created comp with 1 audio wav file and +20 videos (mpg, mp4)

alert message: "Please make sure you have 1 Music file (not more than 1) inside '###Music' folder and that you have more than 3 video files inside '###Video' folder before pressing the 'Do it' button"
    Any help?