Automated Video Editing
  • AE CC Mac 13.8  OSX Yosemite

Created comp with 1 audio wav file and +20 videos (mpg, mp4)

alert message: "Please make sure you have 1 Music file (not more than 1) inside '###Music' folder and that you have more than 3 video files inside '###Video' folder before pressing the 'Do it' button"
    Any help?

Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Does anyone know why I can't seem to get the script to stop repeating the same clip over and over again? Yes, I've unchecked the "Repeat Video".
    In many instances when I select "Random Video" I get several of the same video repeating the same shot in different areas of the timeline. Very Frustrating!

And if someone would like to explain what "Dry and Wet Percentages" and what they do...

Thank you in advance for any assistance in this matter.
  • Does anyone know why I can't seem to get the script to stop repeating the same clip over and over again? Yes, I've unchecked the "Repeat Video".
    In many instances when I select "Random Video" I get several of the same video repeating the same shot in different areas of the timeline. Very Frustrating!

And if someone would like to explain what "Dry and Wet Percentages" and what they do...

Thank you in advance for any assistance in this matter.

Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hi Gilad,
    my name is Floris Kotze, I am primarily a video editor. 
    I have a few questions regarding your Automated Video Editing script for AE.

We are in the process to automate a production.
    Clients will vist a centre or showroom, we have GoPros to capture their experience.
    The footage from theGoPro wil be sent to a server, 
    and to edit videos, is where your script come in.

We want to run your script to edit and deliver it to the client,
    as soon as they leave they will have a 30 second compiled clip of themselves in the centre.

Can we automatically open AE, and run your script?
    Using your script,
    can we point after effects to a folder that contains the footage, without importing it?

Can we use the name of a folder as a title in the video?

Can your script, or any other script analyse the footage,
    so it will only choose the best parts in terms of action, movement or audio?

After it has compiled the video,
    can you add it to the render que and render it out in a MP4 format and save it to a specified folder?

This whole production is automated, no people can be involved.

That is it for now.
    We are of course willing to pay for any work done.

Thank you.
    Floris.

• Will this still work with After Effects 2019 ?

• Will this still work with After Effects 2019 ?

yes, it will work
  • This script literally goes back to the same portion of each vide over and over again. Not a later portion of the video but the same moment in each video. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Why can't it just jump to a random unused portion of the video?
  • This script literally goes back to the same portion of each vide over and over again. Not a later portion of the video but the same moment in each video. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Why can't it just jump to a random unused portion of the video?
    Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • This is a must to have for quick montage type videos. New features would be to have other folders for video transitions, also another for background videos, photos, and also Lumetri presets. Especially with all the growing transitions and lux presets on Envato Elements. 

Also quick replacement to replace video with other videos after it's made as well option to have 6 parts (Intro, 1 - 3 Verse, Chorus and Outro) with 6 separated folder for video with time table that could give you exactly the precise videos for each part of the music video or movie.

Maybe even a text or lyrics folder. Theres alot you could do with this program. You have the chance to put a tight grip on Hollywood because this program is definitely the foundation for random videos.....

• This plugin would be 500x better with Premier Pro. This is built more so for videos and I hope this developer take the time to put this also on Premiere Pro. 

Latency and loading time is horrible on A.E when trying to watch, but when I save to Premier Pro the Videos work out just fine. Just too much back in forth.

• will there ever be an update to this After Effects version?
  • Latest version 1.12 doesn't seem to work even as the trial version with After Effects 22.2.1 Mac.  It does the same thing 1.11 did.  I click do it, then tell it to process 10 frames, then a dialogue pops up that says put one song in the music folder and at least three videos.  I have one .mp3 in the music folder and 20 videos.  

I can't recommend it.  Also read in comments that it doesn't support songs longer than 13 minutes, but that's not stated in the documentation.
  • Latest version 1.12 doesn't seem to work even as the trial version with After Effects 22.2.1 Mac.  It does the same thing 1.11 did.  I click do it, then tell it to process 10 frames, then a dialogue pops up that says put one song in the music folder and at least three videos.  I have one .mp3 in the music folder and 20 videos.  

I can't recommend it.  Also read in comments that it doesn't support songs longer than 13 minutes, but that's not stated in the documentation.

if you are having technical issues please open a support ticket for assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • no updates on this for a long long time maybe drop the price! I was going to buy it but..... its hasn't had an update in forever.
  • no updates on this for a long long time maybe drop the price! I was going to buy it but..... its hasn't had an update in forever.

if there are no issues to fix there is no reason for an update.
    if you are having any issues please open a support ticket for assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Thanks for the last update. I can quit definitely after effect 2022 now it's working great with the 2023 version.

Thanks again for your amazing work.

Take care
  • Is it possible to use this to edit to a voice over, so it transitions at sentence breaks?
  • How can I switch my license to the after effects version? I had no idea there was that much difference between the two but it's a major difference that should be made clear to the customer. Is it possible to swap my license?
  • Is it possible to use this to edit to a voice over, so it transitions at sentence breaks?
    Dan Hull said:
    How can I switch my license to the after effects version? I had no idea there was that much difference between the two but it's a major difference that should be made clear to the customer. Is it possible to swap my license?
    If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.