• I am also having Dmitriy + Ryan's problem.... I opened FT-Toolbar... AE CC crashed - and kept crashing upon restart - meaning I had to delete my AE preferences to get it restart... 

MBP, 10.10.5 , AE CC2015 13.5.1 

Was on FT2, updated to 2.4, still broken...

Annoying to have rebuild all preferences and plugin info serials etc...
    but hopefully a fix can be found soon, would welcome FT toolbar back quickly when it's ready....

Keep us posted...

thanks!
  • I am a somewhat new user to After Effects and I love this tool...however the Basic Demo of how to use it is poorly done. Adding a new btn with Any effects parameters doesnt work and I am unable to figure out how to create a new solid using ft Toolbar because I cant see on the video what he is typing in the Javascript area. So $40 to save some clicks for basic effects I guess...not to bad I guess. It is still a cool tool.
  • already bought it.. great tool, thx.

One sugestion for future release: please add dividers for better visual orientation in toolbar with many icons.

• Since AE 2015 (mac),
    Ft Toolbar keep Crashing AE,

We are working on fixing this issue which happen with on a few configurations. Please open a ticket so we can help you fix this issue.

cheers

F.
    I would love to be able to use FT toolbar again too - but at the moment I can't risk the constant crashes and need for rewiping all preferences when I have to trash the preferences file to get AE to work properly again...  

Please let us know when it seems to be resolved...

cheers! 
    (AE 13.5.1.48 / MBP 10.10.5 )
  • I'm not good at all at Scripting or Expressions. I bought this tool largely because I wanted to use it to convert the spatial interpolation of keyframes to Linear. I either don't know how to go down more than one level in the Menu command with this tool, or maybe there is an expression or java script I can use that someone could help me with. Thank you.
  • I just downloaded the FT_Toolbar 2.4 and I get this error "Unable to execute script at line 319. p is undefined".

I'm running FT_Toolbar2.4 AE 13.5.1.48 

I'm honestly lost for words. It takes ages to build good FT-Toolbar setup and at one point (the previous version with CC2015) I couldnt edit the toolbars anymore other than going into the exported files and doing changes there. I would understand this if I would had bought Linux and my name would be Linus Torvalds, but I didnt bought Linux and my name isnt Linus Torvalds. :D 

• Hi François Tarlier

I just spent a fair time setting up my effects and scripts on the tool bar and then pressed ok and tested to see if they opened the appropriate scripts etc (which it did) I then closed After Effects and reopened to see if my settings were all good and now only a few of the buttons are working. Any clue?

Thanks

Mike
  • Updated to AE13.6 and Toolbar2 is now not working, clicking on option just causes AE to freezes for a sec and then nothing. Its just not working anymore. Anyone else having this problen? .
  • Hello guys, 

Sorry for the very late reply. 

The issue should be solved in the latest version of Toolbar, but if it still not working it's probably because your configuration file is already corrupted. 
    Basically ft-Toolbar implemented the JSON support in After Effects because it was not there yet. Adobe did implement it in the latest version of AE CC which made a conflit with the ft-toolbar and corrupt the configuration file. 

So you should use the latest version of ft-toolbar and delete your old configuration file to start fresh. 
    In case you would like to restore your old configuration file, you can open a ticket and send it to me so I can try to fix it for you, but I have to handle this case for each one of you since the corruption is not always the same. 

I'm very sorry for that inconvenient

Thanks

F. 

• By the way, for people who does not know this, your configuration file should be in the following folder if you didn't override it's path in the editor : 
    /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Aescripts/ftToolbar2/ 

• Updated to AE13.6 and Toolbar2 is now not working, clicking on option just causes AE to freezes for a sec and then nothing. Its just not working anymore. Anyone else having this problen? .
    Matthew also told me there is some known issue about the lastest upgrade of AE which I was not aware of. Doing as follow did fix his issues : 

- do a complete fresh upgrade, 
    - make aftereffects open with admin rights
    - deleting the AE PREF txt that was created by migration and setup a new one.

Thanks Mathew for the heads up

F. 
  • Toolbar: I MISS YOU!

Toolbar2 doesn't work anymore. There's two messages when i try to load the script:

First one:

Your configuration file couldn/'t be loaded.

We will generate a default one. If you have a backup,
    you will be able to import it.

The second one:

Unable to execute script at line 319. p is undefined
    ---

What should i exactly do? I didn't find the configurations to delete and install it again as FT told below.

Thanks a lot! 

Toolbar2 doesn't work anymore. There's two messages when i try to load the script:

First one:

The second one:

---

What should i exactly do? I didn't find the configurations to delete and install it again as FT told below.

Thanks a lot! 
    Hello Ricardo, 

Could you make sure you are running the latest version of ft-Toolbar and start with a clean configuration file ? 
    If you are up to date, please send us a ticket with all your OS information, AE's version you are using. 

cheers, 

F. 

First one:

The second one:

---

Thanks a lot! 
    Hello Ricardo, 

Could you make sure you are running the latest version of ft-Toolbar and start with a clean configuration file ? 
    If you are up to date, please send us a ticket with all your OS information, AE's version you are using. 

cheers, 

F. 
    Yes, i was running the latest one. I solved the problem uninstalling and installing the AE with brand new configuration and preferences. I think the problem was something with the last OS update because i had a similar problem with other scripts after that.

After all that was a refreshing way to start over a new AE's layout. haha. :D 

Thanks!
  • ft-toolbar 2.4 stopped working. No clue why. I'm running Windows 10 Pro. I have installed two After Effects version CC 2014 13.2 and CC 2015 13.5.1. I tried ft-toolbar 2.4 with both of those applications, but it crashes everytime when I open the ft-toolbar window. It was working yesterday. Very weird problem. I deleted appdata/roaming folders, no effect...

Edit: ok, got it work by deleting AppData\Roaming\Aescripts\ftToolbar2 folder. Sad that all my scripts are now gone.
  • ft-toolbar 2.4 stopped working. No clue why. I'm running Windows 10 Pro. I have installed two After Effects version CC 2014 13.2 and CC 2015 13.5.1. I tried ft-toolbar 2.4 with both of those applications, but it crashes everytime when I open the ft-toolbar window. It was working yesterday. Very weird problem. I deleted appdata/roaming folders, no effect...

Edit: ok, got it work by deleting AppData\Roaming\Aescripts\ftToolbar2 folder. Sad that all my scripts are now gone.
    Hello Arttu, 

I'm sorry to hear that. You could send me your old configuration file, and I could try to repair it. Please create a ticket for this. 

cheers, 

F. 
  • Hello FT toolbar crash when i try to open. i try to delete it and download again but it's still crash. please HELP ME !!!!

On OSX After Efffect cc15
  • Hello FT toolbar crash when i try to open. i try to delete it and download again but it's still crash. please HELP ME !!!!

On OSX After Efffect cc15
    Hello Antonin, 

If you have been following the steps in the previous post (upgrade, delete config files,... ) and still not working, please open a ticket, so we'll figure out how to solve it together. 

cheers,

F.
  • Mine still crashed with latest AE + latest FT (osx 10.10.5) -
    - but deleting the old config file from /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Aescripts/ftToolbar2/  
    - finally solved the problem... 

thanks!

• Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I didn't find anything searching for "share".

So, can you share custom ft-toolbars with other registered users...?  Thinking of populating a shop...

Scott
  • Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I didn't find anything searching for "share".

So, can you share custom ft-toolbars with other registered users...?  Thinking of populating a shop...

Scott
    We have been thinking of some kind of market for toolbar button, but for now we only recommand to share snippet via http://www.smipple.net/tag/ft-toolbar

thx

F.
  • Can this be used to generate a new solid or camera with the menu option.  These are very common elements to be created, but I can't seem to get either to work.  I can get base level items within menu to work, but anything submenu does not seem to work.
  • Can this be used to generate a new solid or camera with the menu option.  These are very common elements to be created, but I can't seem to get either to work.  I can get base level items within menu to work, but anything submenu does not seem to work.
    You would have to use a javascript button type for this, there is several example in this forum or there http://www.smipple.net/tag/ft-toolbar

cheers, 

F
  • Hi! I am also having the crashing issue now that I am working with the newest version of After Effects. I upgraded my FT Toolbar 2 version to the newest one and it's crashing any time I try to load and it drag it to another area of the screen. The toolbar will appear and seem to be ok but when I go to move it to put it with another toolbar group After Effects crashes. 

Any help is great appreciated! 
  • Hi, I am facing the problem that i cannot access the "Edit this toolbar" menu. It just wont open up when i click it. No response at all. The other default buttons are working. I am on OSX Yosemite with AE CC 2014.

Help, please! :)
  • I have also lost the ability to edit the toolbar. my current toolbar tools work but I cannot make new ones. AE 13.6.1.6 on a Mac Pro 10.10.5
  • Hello guys, 

Please use the tickets so we can provide support for each one of you. 

Thanks 

F.
  • General question about Toolbar ability.

I see you can create a button with an effect attached and also have the alternate secondary click for another effect, but can you attach several effects to one button? I only see instructuions and video for attaching only one effect.
  • Very useful script. 
    Can You add the ability to move the buttons from one toolbar to another? Thank You.
  • ft Toolbar 2.5 confirmed to crashing of CC2014 and CC2015.  Even with fresh install of script. I've grown used to using toolbar and now I'm back to hunting through pulldowns.  Any ETA on getting this fixed?  How do you create a support ticket?
  • ft Toolbar 2.5 confirmed to crashing of CC2014 and CC2015.  Even with fresh install of script. I've grown used to using toolbar and now I'm back to hunting through pulldowns.  Any ETA on getting this fixed?  How do you create a support ticket?
    Having the same Problem... Updated to version 2.5 didn't help.  I feel like once before I was able to delete a preference file of FT Toolbar and that fixed it but now I can't find any of those files.... Anyone know where they are on the mac?
    Mine still crashed with latest AE + latest FT (osx 10.10.5) -
    - but deleting the old config file from /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Aescripts/ftToolbar2/  

• Deleting or replacing the config file works, but I'd like to know if something keeps corrupting it? I have multiple versions of AE on my box (for testing purposes).  Could having Toolbar in more than one version of AE's script folders be causing this?
  • Deleting or replacing the config file works, but I'd like to know if something keeps corrupting it? I have multiple versions of AE on my box (for testing purposes).  Could having Toolbar in more than one version of AE's script folders be causing this?
    Hey Scott,
    If you are using the very last Toolbar version with a fresh config file, then it shouldn't get corrupt anymore. 

cheers, 
    F
    Mine still crashed with latest AE + latest FT (osx 10.10.5) -

That make sense, if AE did corrupt the config file before you update to the latest version, it is not possible to fix the old configuration. 
    Yet if you need to, you can create a ticket, join your corrupted file and I can try to get the button left which were not corrupted. 

thanks

F.
  • François, I'm getting this error: "Your configuration file couldn\'t be loaded. We will generate a default one. If you have a backup, you will be able to imported it".

And later..

"Unable to execute script at line 314. p is undefined"

I've already tried delete the configuration file at /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Aescripts/ftToolbar2/  

Also deleted all the lines refered with "ft-toolbar" at the AE configuration files, using the Ctrl+F for search in the .txt. Nothing helped.

Can you help me? I'm using the trial version, I can't buy with this problem. 
  • Ianh Moll said:
    François, I'm getting this error: "Your configuration file couldn\'t be loaded. We will generate a default one. If you have a backup, you will be able to imported it".

And later..

I've already tried delete the configuration file at /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Aescripts/ftToolbar2/  

Also deleted all the lines refered with "ft-toolbar" at the AE configuration files, using the Ctrl+F for search in the .txt. Nothing helped.

Could you please create a ticket for this, so we will be able to do some follow up on your issues. 

thanks

F
  • Ok, I'll do this. Thank you.
  • Ianh Moll said:
    François, I'm getting this error: "Your configuration file couldn\'t be loaded. We will generate a default one. If you have a backup, you will be able to imported it".

And later..

Same problem =\
  • Hi, I am facing the problem that i cannot access the "Edit this toolbar" menu. It just wont open up when i click it. No response at all. The other default buttons are working. I am on OSX Yosemite with AE CC 2014.

I have exactly the same problem. Has anyone found a solution / workaround? Help, please - please! :)
  • FYI, the icon packs on the page are down, at least the top two ones are. Also, anyone know where I can download toolbar presets? The snippets website has some useful ones, but it's still too much work. I'm trying to customize the trial to suit my workflow before buying, but there seems to be a lack of resources or presets for this script, in my opinion. (I'm not a fan of sifting through JS snippets to create simple solids with effects, sorry)
  • Hello,

I've purchased ft-tools 2 and it worked for 2 days, but now it crashes AE 1015.2. I'm unable to start it again, it shows only a white window and freezes AE. Any suggestions?
  • Hi,

Love this thing....when it works. It crashes AE 2014 and 2015. Have lost some work - really want to get this working. I've trashed the configuration file and rebuilt...but it still ends up crashing. Any ideas? 

I have exactly the same problem. Has anyone found a solution / workaround? Help, please - please! :)

Please try to delete your preference file and restart After Effects. If it still happen, please open a ticket in the support section. 

• Hello,

I've purchased ft-tools 2 and it worked for 2 days, but now it crashes AE 1015.2. I'm unable to start it again, it shows only a white window and freezes AE. Any suggestions?
    same for you, try deleting the AE's preference file and if it still happen, open a ticket in the support section. 

Thanks 

F. 
  • Hi.  Any news on a fix?  Is a beta in the works? Deleting prefs and other files, reinstalling, nothing seems to work.  Sorry.  We'd really like to start using this launcher again.  Please advise,

Scott
  • Tried it, bought it, so far so good! - Is there a way to create a button to open files? Not through "Open" or "Open Recent", but an specific file i would often want to open?
  • Hi I purchased ft-toolbar 2 but the script doesn't work, a message said that the line 911 is undefined. 
    I'm on after effect 2015.3

I already take a support ticket since 4 days but nobody answer me.
  • I am getting the same 911 is undefined message.  I am using AE 2015.3

Please fix!
  • John M- said:
    Tried it, bought it, so far so good! - Is there a way to create a button to open files? Not through "Open" or "Open Recent", but an specific file i would often want to open?
    You could via a Javascript Button. You can find some example in the documentation button.