• Бро, я раз десять уже пересмотрел промо. Неареально круто)
  • What is a common filesize for 30 fps 640 x 640 full color gif? are there parameters to adjust compression with this tool? Can you offer a free trial?
  • What is a common filesize for 30 fps 640 x 640 full color gif? are there parameters to adjust compression with this tool? Can you offer a free trial?
    Hi, Jody! It's hard to predict a "common filesize" even for a given size and fps. We are currently providing no means of compression control, focusing on the "one-click" idea. 
    We are working on making a simple and easy to use Advanced Setting tab with more controls over quality.
    Of course you can use GifGun as a trial, just click "Try" on the product page.
  • Works great for me!
    Any plans on adding compression settings, number of colors, alpha channel...?
  • Works great for me!
    Any plans on adding compression settings, number of colors, alpha channel...?
    Thanks, Hugo! Yes, we are working on both improving algorithms and providing users with more flexible options panel. 
  • The .bat installer didn't work, but installing manually did just fine. The script works great, but yeah, the files are kinda big. I don't know if that really matters anymore with today's internet speeds. I was also wondering, if when uploading to places like GIPHY, does the file size before uploading matter too much anyway?
  • I was looking for something like this, but I would love more settings + quick presets drop list, settings like those in Photoshop, color depth, dither, upscaling (nearest neighbor, bicubic, etc).
  • Hi there !

What's the alternative to make it work with a french version please?

I don't use non-english characters in my comp and my name project.

Same about the path, i wanted to save it directly on my Hard-Disk to avoid some french folder names but it didn't work neither.

Any solution?

• Hello my scrip is not working on my iMac is not doing nothing on the render image
  • Hello my scrip is not working on my iMac is not doing nothing on the render image
    Hi, Jonathan! As told on the product page, please check whether path to your file contains any non-english characters and if you have "Lossless" output module preset. This is a general fix, we are working on an update right now.
  • Hi there !

What's the alternative to make it work with a french version please?

I don't use non-english characters in my comp and my name project.

Same about the path, i wanted to save it directly on my Hard-Disk to avoid some french folder names but it didn't work neither.

Any solution?

Hi, Fabien! It seems you are lacking "Lossless" output module preset. Please make one, .mov (we recommend animation compression codec) for MacOS and .avi for Windows. 
  • I was looking for something like this, but I would love more settings + quick presets drop list, settings like those in Photoshop, color depth, dither, upscaling (nearest neighbor, bicubic, etc).
    We are working on advanced settings tab now, while looking at how real people use GifGun. Sure enough we will add more control over quality.
  • Is there a limit to how long the gif can be? When importing a .mov into Photoshop to make a gif, I'm usually limited to 500 frames on export. 
    Is that the case with GifGun?
  • Is there a limit to how long the gif can be? When importing a .mov into Photoshop to make a gif, I'm usually limited to 500 frames on export. 
    Is that the case with GifGun?
    we did not limit the duration at all and made a 1 minute test gif.
  • Hi,

just wanna say: what a nice toy for school's PowerPoint presentations. Works like a charm even with higher resolutions. Thanks.
  • this is amazing! WOuld love to be able to add a prefix/other naming settings in the export options
  • Awesome quality and speed. Is there a way to export transparency?
  • Cosigning the need for a transparency setting. Otherwise 10/10. WOrth every cent

• Cosigning the need for a transparency setting. Otherwise 10/10. WOrth every cent

Thanks, Miguel! We receive more of this feature request, and will definitely consider adding it in the upcoming releases
  • this is amazing! WOuld love to be able to add a prefix/other naming settings in the export options
    Thanks, Richard! We are currently working on Advanced settings tab. This is not as easy as it looks, but we will definitely implement it in the future updates.
  • This thing is great! Paid for itself in the first 10 minutes of usage.

Cheers,
  • Will new version updates be free after initial version purchase?
  • Will new version updates be free after initial version purchase?
    Yes.
  • I wanted to mention that I got it to work correctly like before after checking on Enable JavaScript Debugger and restarting my computer if anyone else might have the same issue. Thanks Nik for your quick response and help.
    Hi, Ryan! Would you please open a support ticket so we could help you? https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Hi I just wanted to know if there is a way to uninstall completely and than reinstall I keep getting an error in after effects where it keeps hanging on rendering at "0% ready" or "Unable to execute script at line 1. Object is invalid" It rendered the Gifs perfectly and then I think I might have clicked something during the rendering of the GIF and then GifGun no longer works for me. I have tried trashing the gifGun.jsxbin & (gifGun) folder and restarting but still no luck. And I hesitate to hold shift and completely reset After Effects but I guess I'm will to give it a try eventually. I am running After Effects CC 2015 (13.6.1) on a mac pro (Mid 2010) 2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 64 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 4096 MB on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

• Hi. Great Script. The most important thing for me would be a batch export is that possible? 

For example. Select 100 comps in the project window and they convert? 

Oh and any chance of this in the next week? ;)  I am working on a project that needs 6215 Animated gifs! 

Also what's the limitations on the file size? It's crashing with a 2208 x 1242 10 frame animated gif

Thanks
  • Hello, very good product, 
    easy to install and use (Mac El Capitain, and last version of AE CC2015 in French) The results are very good, better than with photoshop, and 50% less heavy.
    Great job !
  • Hello, very good product, 
    easy to install and use (Mac El Capitain, and last version of AE CC2015 in French) The results are very good, better than with photoshop, and 50% less heavy.
    Great job !

Awesome! Glad you like it, we love it too :)
  • There will be the chance to make gif with alpha?
  • I use gifs on my website to tease my work, and it had become so tedious to go through the whole process. GifGun makes it perfect, right from my project. It's way better looking, and it's like half the size out of Photoshop. Amazing. Thanks!
  • Joe Clay said:
    I use gifs on my website to tease my work, and it had become so tedious to go through the whole process. GifGun makes it perfect, right from my project. It's way better looking, and it's like half the size out of Photoshop. Amazing. Thanks!
    Thanks, Joe! You're gonna love our next updates )
  • [EDIT] - Upgrading to 1.2 fixed, thanks for the support Nik!

Keeps hanging at "0% Ready", creates a 0kb gif. Sometimes won't even create the gif. Had worked perfectly in the past. Ideas?

CC2014, Macbook Pro
  • Keeps hanging at "0% Ready", creates a 0kb gif. Sometimes won't even create the gif. Had worked perfectly in the past. Ideas?

CC2014, Macbook Pro
    Hi, Matt! Would you please:
    1. Update to the latest version of GifGun (1.2)
    2. Reload your machine
    3. If nothing helps, open a support ticket and send us the log (follow instruction manual)
  • hello,

having this error code after rendering:

gifBaby.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in
    the dynamic link library api-ms-win-ct-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.

Can someone help?

ok i just downloaded the update for windows 7 and it works :)
  • Seems like you're on Win7. You have to install a Windows 7 update in order for GifGun to work. The link is on the product page (as well as in the manual): https://aescripts.com/gifgun/#system-requirements
    hello,

having this error code after rendering:

gifBaby.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in
    the dynamic link library api-ms-win-ct-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.

Can someone help?

• It worked for about ten minutes, then it crashed. It blinkes 0& ready, it can not overwrite a file i think.
  • Getting the same error as Nils. Can't seem to get it to render. Hangs on a loop which says 0% ready. Would love some help!
  • Would be awesome to have a CS6 version!
  • Would be awesome to have a CS6 version!
    Hi, Mark! It works, though the interface is a bit ugly since we haven't optimized it for CS6
  • Hi guys! 

I use After Effects in German and i don't get gifgun work. I've installed it and i am abled to open the gifgun window in AE, but, when i click on "make gif", thefollowing warning pops up: Render Queue is not empty. Clear Render Queue?". When i hit yes, the following alert appears: Please add lossless template to your output modules. For more information read user manual". When i hit "nope", nothing happens. 

In german, lossless means "verlustfrei" and the render template is called "verlustfrei". Is this the problem? And does that mean, that gifgun won't work with german versions of After effetcs? 

Please help! 

Thankx in advance, cant wait to make nice gifs! :-)

Tim

Info:
    I use a macbook Pro
    OSX El Capitan (10.11)
    and AE CC 2015
  • Could we see some samples of what the image quality is for a GIF made out of video footage or a realistically shaded 3D render? I know its not optimized for that sort of work, but I'm curious to see what the results are. 
  • Nik Ska said:
    Hey! 

My GifGun is also hanging at "0% Ready". I use the newest versions of AE and GifGun. What can i do? Please reply here on the forum! 
    Hi, Tim! Please send us a support request with log (the process is described in User Manual)
    Hi Tim, I'm seeing the same error, I'm using CC14.. 
  • Hi. your Version 1.3, verry good !
    Ouf ! its working better now.
    Thank!
  • Hello! I really like your script -- quick and works as expected. One question though -- is there a way to preserve transparency? If not, is this something that is possible to add in the future?

Thanks! And great script!
  • HI,
    how can I prevent the GIF from looping?
    I found the checkbox, but the GIF's are still looping.
    any Idea why ?

any chance to change this outside after effects with another tool ?

• HI,
    how can I prevent the GIF from looping?
    I found the checkbox, but the GIF's are still looping.
    any Idea why ?

any chance to change this outside after effects with another tool ?

Hi, Maxim. The GIFs are actually not looped when you uncheck "Loop", check this with Chrome. If you're on MacOs, Preview automatically loops even unlooped GIFs.
  • Is there a way to to have a transparent background when the GIF is exported?

I'm trying to make some "round" icons with animation in the center but when I export the GIF it always has the stage color.

Thanks and Great tool!

• This script is fantastic, thank you for releasing it! Works as described for me personally (Win10, AE CC 2015).

Only thing I think it could use is, as others have suggested, a setting to retain transparency on export :)
  • if i buy a serial, Can i use it in 2 diferent computers? I work sometimes at home or at my office. Or i need to buy 2 serials?
  • if i buy a serial, Can i use it in 2 diferent computers? I work sometimes at home or at my office. Or i need to buy 2 serials?
    The license allows for the software to be installed on up to two computers as long as they are not being used at the same time. If you need to install it on more than two computers or use them at the same time you will need additional licenses.
  • How many frames support this plugin? Does it is possible to make a gif with 1000 frames?
    Can I do a gif with 1400 px width size?