Render Frame at Markers
  • There is a bug in the actual version (downloaded today):
    The function at the checker box "Pad Marker Numbers" is always working. Either selected or deselected.
    Even when 0 digits is selected. How can I get rid of if?

I have a further request, which is very important to me:
    In my opinion, it should be the possibility to render without any frame number at the end.
    Would it be possible to add a checker box to get rid of the _[####] at the end of the filename?
    The files are for my customer and he would not understand its meaning.
    Batch delete the number stings only is not possible, so far I know.

• There is a bug in the actual version (downloaded today):
    The function at the checker box "Pad Marker Numbers" is always working. Either selected or deselected.
    Even when 0 digits is selected. How can I get rid of if?

I have a further request, which is very important to me:
    In my opinion, it should be the possibility to render without any frame number at the end.
    Would it be possible to add a checker box to get rid of the _[####] at the end of the filename?
    The files are for my customer and he would not understand its meaning.
    Batch delete the number stings only is not possible, so far I know.

We will investigate the pad marker number issue but the _[####] is an AE requirement so that is not possible to remove. However you can use a batch rename tool to remove them after they have been created. And you can use AE Global Renamer to rename the markers
  • I am trying to find a tool to render out every even frame from a comp in AE... This could work if I placed a mark at every other frame on a layer in that comp... But is there an easier way?
  • I am trying to find a tool to render out every even frame from a comp in AE... This could work if I placed a mark at every other frame on a layer in that comp... But is there an easier way?
    You can use Marker Conductor to place the markers then use Render Frame at Markers to render them.
  • Hello Lloyd,
    Is it possible to output a sequence of frames WITHOUT including the marker numbers? I've tried changing line 340 of the script from 

var renderedFile  = new File (myPath.fsName + "/" + useCompName + useComment + ((dialogOutput[7]) ? PadDigits((n+1),parseFloat(dialogOutput[8])) : (n+1)) + "_[#####].[fileExtension]");

to:

var renderedFile  = new File (myPath.fsName + "/" + useCompName + useComment + "[#####].[fileExtension]");

...which does indeed give me a nice list of render items with filenames in the format [CompName]_[#####] with no marker numbers. But then I get an AE error "The name of the selected output module is already in use.  Please choose another name." Which is silly, because all the frame numbers are unique. Do you have any ideas for this, or is it just an AE limitation? I assume this error is referring to the filename; it's a bit odd.

I also tried changing it to:

var renderedFile  = new File (myPath.fsName + "/" + useCompName + useComment + "[startFrame].[fileExtension]");

...but this outputs files in the format [compName]_[startFrame].[fileExtension][startFrame] which is odd. For example, if my comp is named "Fred", and I output frame 251, the filename would be "Fred_00251.tif0251".

• Hello Lloyd,
    Is it possible to output a sequence of frames WITHOUT including the marker numbers? I've tried changing line 340 of the script from 

var renderedFile  = new File (myPath.fsName + "/" + useCompName + useComment + ((dialogOutput[7]) ? PadDigits((n+1),parseFloat(dialogOutput[8])) : (n+1)) + "_[#####].[fileExtension]");

to:

var renderedFile  = new File (myPath.fsName + "/" + useCompName + useComment + "[#####].[fileExtension]");

...which does indeed give me a nice list of render items with filenames in the format [CompName]_[#####] with no marker numbers. But then I get an AE error "The name of the selected output module is already in use.  Please choose another name." Which is silly, because all the frame numbers are unique. Do you have any ideas for this, or is it just an AE limitation? I assume this error is referring to the filename; it's a bit odd.

I also tried changing it to:

var renderedFile  = new File (myPath.fsName + "/" + useCompName + useComment + "[startFrame].[fileExtension]");

...but this outputs files in the format [compName]_[startFrame].[fileExtension][startFrame] which is odd. For example, if my comp is named "Fred", and I output frame 251, the filename would be "Fred_00251.tif0251".

This is a bug in AE which is why we created the script to work the way it currently does.
  • Hello Lloyd,
    Is it possible to output a sequence of frames WITHOUT including the marker numbers?

This is a bug in AE which is why we created the script to work the way it currently does.
    Ah, I suspected it might be. I've filed a few bug reports with Adobe about this. Who knows if/when it will be fixed?!

~ Paul
  • hi,

in my case it outputs TWO frames for each marker.
    Wich is a problem in my case.

AE CC 2018

but thanks A LOT!!!
  • Now that after effects allows Markers to be split open with the alt key to mark a range rather than a single frame. A great update to this would be that it will add the whole frame range to the render q rather than just 1. 
  • script isnt functioning like normal...Im experiencing a crash almost every time. Never happened before today
    Running AE cc2019 16.1.2 on Windows 10

Anyone else experiencing this?
  • Is there any hope for a mode to queue from every marker on every layer in a work area?
  • Hi, would it be possible to have a checkbox to choose between layer markers and comp markers ? I was expecting this to work on comp markers :P
    Or at least can we mod it ?
    Thx!
  • Hi, would it be possible to have a checkbox to choose between layer markers and comp markers ? I was expecting this to work on comp markers :P Or at least can we mod it ? Thx!
    v1.93 added Comp Marker support. How to upgrade "Name Your Own Price" products (https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-upgrade-name-your-own-price-products/)
  • Came here to suggest the same thing....

"Now that after effects allows Markers to be split open with the alt key to mark a range rather than a single frame. A great update to this would be that it will add the whole frame range to the render q rather than just 1. "
    Quite often I want to re-render a number of sub-sequences.

Also, you could select the layer that holds the markers that should be used as render refs before (or after) running the script.

• Came here to suggest the same thing....

"Now that after effects allows Markers to be split open with the alt key to mark a range rather than a single frame. A great update to this would be that it will add the whole frame range to the render q rather than just 1. "
    Quite often I want to re-render a number of sub-sequences.

Also, you could select the layer that holds the markers that should be used as render refs before (or after) running the script.

Have you tried https://aescripts.com/set-render-queue-time-span/
  • Is this not working in 22? Do you have plans to update? It's a super useful script for exporting boards. Thanks!  
  • This script is just what I was looking for to help streamline exporting lots of stills from a long timeline. I'm using it to repeatedly cue up the same series of stills every time there are revisions. 

It would be great if we had more control over the file naming. I wish I could disable the index number and also frame number in the file names. Am I missing something? I'm only interested in naming the files based on the layer marker names. 

You could implement a feature similar to the custom  "File Name and Locaton Template" for example [compName]_[markerName]_V06_[#####].[fileExtension]
  • hi, thank you for this script!
    would it be plausible to add the feature to use markers that have a duration?
    so that you can add different ranges to the render queue.

thank you!
  • Is there any way you could map the "Queue"-function of the script to a shortcut somehow? Would really speed up my workflow with this script (I have it mapped to a controller, but can't execute that command with the controller). Thanks for a great script, by the way! :) 
  • Hello, for me in AE 2023, if I use 25 fps comp settings there are 2 frames rendered for every marker - in "render settings" in the Queue the start and end frame are the same (for example: 00001), but the "Duration" is always "00002" when the comp is in 25 fps.
    When I set the comp to a NTSC fps like 23,967 fps the duration is"00001" which is the expected behavior.
  • Is this script compatable with 2024?