• Hi Paul,
    it rather sounds like you have an outdated version of the script, make sure you have version 1.59 first.
  • Hi Kevin,

It shows as v1.59 in the update panel - and no updates available. Have you tested with the new versions of AE and Element 3D?
  • Yes:
    - Elementary 1.59,
    - AE 2014
    - Element 3D 1.6.2
    Please check your versions again and write me directly if it still doesn't work.
  • OK, I see it now. What happened was that when VideoCopilot updated their installer for CC2014, they shipped a different version from the original 1.6.2 without changing the version number, so I didn't realised the plugin had changed.
    I'll work on it, thanks for letting me know there was an issue.

Kevin
  • Yeah I saw there was a minor version number change.

Thanks Kevin.
  • Well this is a bit annoying: this only happens on Windows, the Mac build 485 of Element 1.6.2 seems to be the same as build 480. I'm on Mac at work which is why I never noticed this, and I'll have to wait to be back home to be able to finish the update for the Windows version.
    Almost there!
  • Thanks Kevin,

Thanks for your quick response as usual :)

Paul.
  • Mac Error in 2014 with latest version of Element and Elementary. mailed you a screenshot.
  • Just in case: the issue is going to be fixed in an update very soon, anyone getting a "this version is not supported" error can send me an email to get the beta.
  • Any idea when this current issue will be fixed and resolved?

Error while running the script "Elementary.jsxbin" (513):

Using - AE CC Version 12.2.1.5
    Mac 10.9.4
  • PROBLEM RESOLVED!

Extremely satisfied response, professionalism and result from Kevin on this matter.
    Greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
  • Hi

I am getting a similar error:

"Error while running the script fx.jsxinc (6):

This version of the plugin "VIDEOCOPILOT 3DArray" is not supported"

My system:

Windows 7 64bit, AE CC 2014 (version 13.0.0.214)

Element 3d version 1.6.2 - And (absolutely definitely) Elementary version 1.59

Also, it seems that the UI panel in Elementary 1.59 is different from that in the only tutorial video I can find for this plugin.

Can you confirm the latest definitive tutorial video for Elemetary 1.59?

Thanks so much...

• Hi Nick,
    about the tutorials, this vimeo channel is linked on the product description: https://vimeo.com/channels/407911
    The UI changed a bit between versions but the buttons are still used the same way, they've just been re-organised.
    As for the error, write me an email or give me yours in PM so that I can send you the last beta. I wanted to release it earlier but more stuff of the same sort happens with some of the Trapcode plugins under CC 2014 ... it should be fixed soon.
  • Hey Kevin - hope you're well?

Are you planning on making Elementary compatible with E3D v2?

Cheers!
  • E3D v2 has pretty much the same main features now but if people want to use it with the other features of elementary no problem: I'll update it.
  • The main problem is the version check and the script won't run. Just remove that for the time being if it works and that'll be great :)
  • My After Effects CS6 don't see the Elementary.jsxbin in "ScriptUI Panels" folder.  i don't understand the problem. No script in "window" list.
    version of elementary: 1.591. HELP please
  • Hi Denis,
    Once you place the script in the "Scripts/ScriptUI Panels" folder, the script should appear once you restart AE. If not there's something wrong with your install and you'll have to write me directly.
  • Thanks to answer, Kevin)) I wrote in your page.
  • Hi Kevin, I've got v1.32 which I've re-installed after a long time. I can't seem to be able to download the latest version nor find a Upgrade option. Is a full purchase the only way to get the latest version of Elementary?

Cheers
    - Roland
  • Hi Roland,
    this is how upgrades work on aescripts for name-your-own-price products: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-upgrade-name-your-own-price-products/

Kevin
  • Any updates in sight for working with Element 3D v2. 
    I'm trying to utilize Elementary connected with Locations and AEMap
    -s
  • Hi Seth,
    write me directly for a beta. I'm actually making sure in this beta that depth passes and depth anchors work well together when using Locations, Particular and 3D layers.
    Kevin
  • I paid a license fee and installed Elementary v1.6 two days ago and had also upgraded E3D to v2.2.1. I think E3D changed something in their internal data structure and the Anchor button did not work correctly. I sent a screenshot to Kevin and in less than 1 day he had a fix sent to me. Brilliant support. This plugin saved me hours of manual tracking and duplicating that would have made my comp a mess. Thanks for the great script.
  • I am trying to use the "Anchor" function of Elementary to create a null object for rotation. When I click "Anchor" I get this error.
    Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 11.45.27 AM.png
    5120 x 2724 - 1M
  • I am trying to use the "Anchor" function of Elementary to create a null object for rotation. When I click "Anchor" I get this error.
    Same error in AE cs6 and Element 1.6.2 with Elementary 1.6 (latest version)
  • The error is fixed in Elementary v1.61, it was just an issue between features for E3D v2 and v1.
    BTW for those using E3D v1 there's version 1.6.3 available on the VideoCopilot website:
  • Hi Kevin.
    Unfortunately, it does not support the latest Trapcode Particles (which is 2.5.0 I believe), it's gives an error about it.
    Are there any plans to update it?
    Thank you.
  • You can write me directly for a beta for E3D 2.2.2, and I'm working on updating the script for Trapcode plugins.

Kevin
  • Hi Kevin :)

I just want to know if you are still working on putting Inverse Kinematic function inside elementary? I'm trying to rig my robots inside element 3D and it would be nice if I can utilize IK features.

Thank you
  • When will the latest Version of trapcode be supported? And btw: Shadows in E3D Version 2.2.2 aren't working too
  • When will the latest Version of trapcode be supported? And btw: Shadows in E3D Version 2.2.2 aren't working too
    Sorry for the delay with the Trapcode suite, there's a new beta version (1.69) now available, let me know if there are any issues.
    I'll soon be working on Tao and some new aescripts plugins.

Also, try out the Aux anchors for Element: anchors can be created for the aux channels, by default they're parented to the group anchor, but if you unparent them the aux channels become independent from the group! So that gives you 11 independent objects per Element group.
  • Great. But how do I get this update? It's not in my available downloads, only Version 1.61.
  • Great. But how do I get this update? It's not in my available downloads, only Version 1.61.
    To update donation-based scripts you need to "purchase" them again, although you don't need to pay for them again: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-upgrade-name-your-own-price-products/
  • hi kevin!

Do you know where I can get a license for the Element v.1.6.3 affter effect cs4?
    very very needed ..
    thank you..!
  • Ok so I downloaded the plugin which is a very useful plugin but I seem to not find the Disintegrate button under the Effects panel. It just shows Cartoon Dragam thats it. I badly need to disintegrate a 3d model in Element 3d please help guys.
  • Hi Kevin,
    it's me again...
    I want to rig and animate some Mechs. With the latest version of elementary I have 11 animatable Nulls per Group, that's fantastic. In your video () you use a script called scenary. What exactly is it used for and where to get?
    Thanks and Regards,
    Werner
  • Does this work for Adobe After Affects cc2018? Thanks
  • Simply amazing!.. I first downloaded it for free to try out, even though no license is required this is SUCH a time saver and great script, a MUST HAVE for Element 3D. So I ended up paying the requested amount and thx for creating this script I only wish I had learned about this years ago.

Works perfect with AE 2020

• This plugin is one of the most genius things I've ever used. MUCH needed features for both after effects and every 3D plugin used. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with the latest Trapcode versions. Kevin, do you have any plans at all to update? I would gladly pay for a fully functional version.
  • I downloaded this extension and installed in aescript manager, but it is not in my After Effect, so what may be the problem?
  • Can we get an update for AE 2022???