• When you make an EASE with this tool, is there a way to create your own presets? If not, that would be kinda cool to adjust the EASE and create a preset that you could use out of the UI. I was actually looking a smiliar script that had only presets, but not a way to customize those. This is better as you can do the customization yourself. Combining this with saved presets would combine best of the both worlds. 

Anycase a good script! 
  • Hi Miika, thanks for the feedback and the suggestion.  We've had a few people ask about presets and have it on the list of things to consider for a future update.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and you can stay posted on updates like this.  Cheers!

-Rafi
  • Pity not compatible with AE CS6 otherwise I'd certainly be buying :-(
  • +1 For CS6 compatibility, please :-)
  • I'm clicking activate but nothing is happening. Any sugestions?
  • Hi Michael, is the extension basically black when you open it up?
  • Pity not compatible with AE CS6 otherwise I'd certainly be buying :-(
    Hi Clare, thanks for the note.  We actually started developing this for older versions of AE including CS6 but the old versions of AE have bugs in them that made it difficult to deliver the same experience (i.e. the live preview graph).  Our beta feedback from the CS6 version was that it was too disruptive to the workflow which is why we restricted it to 2014/2015.  Would you have wanted to use such a tool tool without the preview?
  • +1 For CS6 compatibility, please :-)
    Hi Mark, thanks for the note.  We actually started developing this for older versions of AE including CS6 but the old versions of AE have bugs in them that made it difficult to deliver the same experience (i.e. the live preview graph is buggy).  Our beta feedback from the CS6 version was that it was too disruptive to the workflow which is why we restricted it to 2014/2015.  Would you have wanted to use such a tool tool without the preview?
  • Hi, Mark, I have bought this script and I have installed it, but it will not take my license. I have CC15. Please help me.
  • You mentioned on Twitter signing up in advance on your website to get a free copy, is that still the case?
  • Hi, Mark, I have bought this script and I have installed it, but it will not take my license. I have CC15. Please help me.
    Hi Johnnie, sorry about the inconvenience. There were a few people had this issue and we just posted a fixed version(1.0.1). You can download the latest copy and apply the same license :)
  • You mentioned on Twitter signing up in advance on your website to get a free copy, is that still the case?
    Hi Michael, thanks for asking! However yesterday was the last day of the promotion. You can like us on Facebook  or follow us on Twitter  so you can stay posted on promotions and new products in future :)

• I registered before the promotion ended. Will you send emails to the accounts that registered or re-tweet before the promotion ended?
  • I registered before the promotion ended. Will you send emails to the accounts that registered or re-tweet before the promotion ended?
    Hi Michael, if you signed up the email list and have been receiving emails from us in last couple of weeks, you will definitely get the free copy before next Monday, which is our official launch day.

Thank you for your support and helping us spread the words in social media!
  • Hi, the ZXP Installer workflow does not show AE CC2014 or CC2015 in the options to install.

Can you please clarify the installer workflow.

Double clicking the .zxp does not find AE either.
  • Hi, the ZXP Installer workflow does not show AE CC2014 or CC2015 in the options to install.

Hi David, all you have to do is drag and drop the ZXP onto the installer and if AE 2014/2015 is not listed it will automatically appear.  That should be it.

If you run into any issues during that process go to the ZXP Installer FAQ page and it will guide you through it.
  • Hi, thanks. so is this only compatible with CC2015? is there a 2014 installer?

Rafi Khan said:
    Hi, the ZXP Installer workflow does not show AE CC2014 or CC2015 in the options to install.

Hi David, all you have to do is drag and drop the ZXP onto the installer and if AE 2014/2015 is not listed it will automatically appear.  That should be it.

If you run into any issues during that process go to the ZXP Installer FAQ page and it will guide you through it.

• Hi, thanks. so is this only compatible with CC2015? is there a 2014 installer?

Rafi Khan said:
    Hi, the ZXP Installer workflow does not show AE CC2014 or CC2015 in the options to install.

Hi David, the installer is compatible for both CC2015 and CC2014.
  • Thanks for your help. getting "no CC" found after troubleshooting and reading the FAQ. Simply cannot get it to install. bummer.

Angela Yu said:
    Hi, thanks. so is this only compatible with CC2015? is there a 2014 installer?

Rafi Khan said:

Hi David, the installer is compatible for both CC2015 and CC2014.

• Hi David, sorry you're having issues with the installer.  If you go to the ZXP Installer FAQ you'll see instructions on how to do a manual installation at the bottom.  It's a bit involved but it has worked consistently for the few users who have run into your issue.
  • Thanks for the quick responses. The last resort worked and it's up and running. Is the .zxp installation the new way to install these types of expression based scripts these days. Kinda clunky for those who are used to just dropping in script ui panels or .jsx files.

Other than that, thanks much! looking forward to using it.
  • Hi David,

Glad your extension is working now!

To your question, yeah, this is the new world of extensions that is being pushed by Adobe.  The good news is that extension authors like us can build more powerful tools for you like After Ease.  Unfortunately the technology still has kinks that need to be ironed out.

Thanks for your patients in all this.

Happy Easing!

-Rafi
  • My licence doesn't work, it says "JavaScript Alert - file:/// The license number provided was not recognized.  Please try again."
    I'm on Mac El Capitan, AE 13.7.0.124. I downloaded the latest Version 1.0.1 What could that be?
    Thanks! :)
  • Isn't recognising my licence code.. Help!
  • Isn't recognising my licence code.. Help
    There was a bug introduced in the 1.0.2 update that is preventing licenses for being accepted. This is being fixed right now in the 1.0.3 update that will be posted very shortly. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
  • Isn't recognising my licence code.. Help!
    My licence doesn't work, it says "JavaScript Alert - file:/// The license number provided was not recognized.  Please try again."
    I'm on Mac El Capitan, AE 13.7.0.124. I downloaded the latest Version 1.0.1 What could that be?
    Thanks! :)
    Hi Josh + Martin,

Sorry about the hiccup while getting After Ease.  We've uploaded version 1.0.3 that should resolve this issue.  Please go to https://aescripts.com/downloadable/customer/products/ to get the latest version and please try it out.

Thanks for your patience,
    -Rafi
  • Hi. Anyone having trouble installing After Ease 1.0.3 on the latest AE version (13.7.0.124)?

I read the FAQ, removed Extension Manage (including the Preferences) but the ZPX installer gives me a "No CC application found" message after I drop the plugin file into the installer.
  • Hi Daneil,

Sorry you're having trouble with the installation.  We've had a few reports of issues with the installer.  Sometimes the Extension Manager uninstallation works, sometimes it doesn't.  We're actively working on an alternative to the installer. 

That said the manual installation steps in the docs work consistently for everyone who has had to resort to it.  Can you give that a try?

-Rafi
  • Question: Saw the 1.0.3 update, meaning i have to do a last resort reinstall again.

How do I uninstall this as well?

thank you.
  • Hi David,

You simply delete the After Ease folder in the /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions directory.  Make sure to restart After Effects after you copy version 1.0.3.

-Rafi
  • Any chance to have this nice script work in AE CS6?
    Thank you
  • Any chance to have this nice script work in AE CS6?
    Thank you
    Hi Gardenia,

Thanks for asking.  We'd love to release this for CS6 and we tried; but, there were a number of bugs in AE itself that made it hard to deliver a high quality experience and we decided not to support it rather than have you spend your hard earned money on garbage.

-Rafi
  • Hi, I've many problem with After Ease. The ZXP installar give me an error: No CC application found.
    I've CC2015 and I haven't any adobe extension manager installed.
    I tried the manual install but I don't see any After Ease interface in After Effects!

Help me!!

Edit: it's all ok! The manual installation has worked!
  • Installing this thing is a nightmare! 
  • Hi, I've many problem with After Ease. The ZXP installar give me an error: No CC application found.
    I've CC2015 and I haven't any adobe extension manager installed.
    I tried the manual install but I don't see any After Ease interface in After Effects!

Help me!!

Edit: it's all ok! The manual installation has worked!

Hi Alessandro, sorry you're having so much trouble with the installation.  We're aware of the issue and are actively working on a new solution for the installer so you don't have this issue in the future.  We hope you enjoy our extension otherwise.

-Rafi
  • Installation is PURE HELL!

I installed tons of plugins into AE, but this is madness.
    It starts with this evil ZXP installer, that only tells me that no CC extensions are installed?
    Uninstalled the extension manager uninstalled and reinstalled AE 3x rebooted 3x .... I mean.
    Did try the manual approach still nothing.

I give up.
  • I followed the manual install directions and it was fine. You can't use the default Unarchive utility once you rename the file. I used Stuffit Expander and it was fine.

I do wish that there was a way to make target stop moving by a certain keyframe. For example, I have a simple two keyframe one second move, but it takes an additional two and a half seconds for it to fully stop moving. So I have to bake it in and do some manual tweaks. It's still a time saver and I like the visualization of the graph. That makes it easier to use than Ease and Wizz (Of course, Ease and Wizz is a name your own price). I'd love to see a few more options and parameters added in for version 2, but I think you guys have the beginning of a very good extension.
  • Installation is PURE HELL!

I installed tons of plugins into AE, but this is madness.
    It starts with this evil ZXP installer, that only tells me that no CC extensions are installed?
    Uninstalled the extension manager uninstalled and reinstalled AE 3x rebooted 3x .... I mean.
    Did try the manual approach still nothing.

I give up.
    Hi Marc

We hear your frustration.  We have a new ZXP Installer for OS X that should fix the "No CC Apps Found" issue. You can download it here: http://share.aescripts.com/f2uy/download/

If you are still having trouble installing please open a support ticket so we can help you.
  • GREAT NEWS: We have a new ZXP Installer for OS X that should fix the "No CC Apps Found" issue. You can download it here: http://share.aescripts.com/f2uy/download/

If you are still having trouble installing please open a support ticket so we can help you.
  • I followed the manual install directions and it was fine. You can't use the default Unarchive utility once you rename the file. I used Stuffit Expander and it was fine.

I do wish that there was a way to make target stop moving by a certain keyframe. For example, I have a simple two keyframe one second move, but it takes an additional two and a half seconds for it to fully stop moving. So I have to bake it in and do some manual tweaks. It's still a time saver and I like the visualization of the graph. That makes it easier to use than Ease and Wizz (Of course, Ease and Wizz is a name your own price). I'd love to see a few more options and parameters added in for version 2, but I think you guys have the beginning of a very good extension.
    Hi Sam,

Thank you for your feedbacks. We assume you are talking about elastic expression in this case. The reason we kept the move/oscillation going is because in case you have multiple keyframes on the timeline, the expression can work throughout all keyframes applied. Do you see this function valuable?

We are glad to know After Ease brought value to your workflow. And thank you for your nice comment, it gives us more reasons to keep working hard. 

Cheers,
    Angela
  • I just installed the trial version. I little tricky, as it was totally new to me, but follow the instructions and it's quick to install.
    Having a graphic interface really helps, when compared to Ease & Wizz especially. Ease & Wizz requires a number testing loops to get the feel I'm going after.
    AfterEase seems easier to get desired results, but I haven't fully tested it either. I am pleased so far.
  • When you make an EASE with this tool, is there a way to create your own presets? If not, that would be kinda cool to adjust the EASE and create a preset that you could use out of the UI. I was actually looking a smiliar script that had only presets, but not a way to customize those. This is better as you can do the customization yourself. Combining this with saved presets would combine best of the both worlds. 

Anycase a good script! 
    Please saving presets would be awesome indeed!
  • With the new installer I got it to work. Thank you!!!
  • With the new installer I got it to work. Thank you!!!

Awesome! thanks for reporting back.
  • Why is the installation such a hell? people that use scripts are perfectly capable of copy-pasting a folder in the sciptUI folder. 

The provided ZXP installer doesnt work, and the one I downloaded via the link from a few comments below gives me a folder where I can't seem to find the windows installer in.

I'd suggest losing this installer mumbo jumbo (unless it's actually nessesary for something) because now I wont be purchasing your script.
  • Ramon Pep said:
    Why is the installation such a hell? people that use scripts are perfectly capable of copy-pasting a folder in the sciptUI folder. 

The provided ZXP installer doesnt work, and the one I downloaded via the link from a few comments below gives me a folder where I can't seem to find the windows installer in.

I'd suggest losing this installer mumbo jumbo (unless it's actually nessesary for something) because now I wont be purchasing your script.
    Sorry you are running into trouble but just so you know these are issues that are coming from Adobe. We are working hard to work around them and have solved on OS X and our new Windows version that has the same fix is due any day now.  If you can wait a day or so then you can simply use the new installer or you can open a support ticket and we can help you trouble shoot the manual installation.
  • Ramon Pep said:
    Why is the installation such a hell? people that use scripts are perfectly capable of copy-pasting a folder in the sciptUI folder. 

Hi Ramon, we're sorry that the installation has been so painful.  Adobe is pushing to have script authors move away from the scriptUI folder in favor of a newer technology (the ZXP file) which has a different installation process.  The installer we provide is actually a wrapper around adobe's installer which is super buggy and is the root cause of everyones problems.  If you want to bypass the installer you can do a manual install through the following instructions:

On Mac: 
    On Windows:

-Rafi
  • Rafi Khan said:
    Ramon Pep said:

Hi Ramon, we're sorry that the installation has been so painful.  Adobe is pushing to have script authors move away from the scriptUI folder in favor of a newer technology (the ZXP file) which has a different installation process.  The installer we provide is actually a wrapper around adobe's installer which is super buggy and is the root cause of everyones problems.  If you want to bypass the installer you can do a manual install

-Rafi
    Thank you so much for your quick reply. it's working like a charm now. Script works awesome. love the way you can start with the script, bake it into clean keyframes (so not baked per frame, but clean easy adjustable keyframes) and the fine tune it where needed. 
  • nice script!
  • Cool product. I had to do the manual install. What would be nice is if you had a presets pack with different properties such as a golf ball, tennis ball, bowling ball etc. Just a thought.