• Recently purchased Renomi with great hopes for updating my workflow... Unfortunately haven't had much luck with it yet. Is this the right spot to request help?

Situation: Working with r17 and Renomi doesn't seem to do anything when using the "Based on Render Settings" tab; have used tokens in the output settings / save path as tokens have quickly become **essential** in my workflow since their introduction. (Have not yet tested without tokens; the thought just occurred to me as I've been typing this up. Will test and add additional comments.)

Using the "Based on Path" tab seemingly freezes up Cinema, but when I kill the C4D process, a few thousand files are sub-folder-ized. Oddly, there's no change until killing the process - file and folder counts are constant until the process is killed.

Please advise? Thanks!
  • Situation: Working with r17 and Renomi doesn't seem to do anything when using the "Based on Render Settings" tab; have used tokens in the output settings / save path as tokens have quickly become **essential** in my workflow since their introduction. (Have not yet tested without tokens; the thought just occurred to me as I've been typing this up. Will test and add additional comments.)

Have tested with normal render paths and the result is not as hoped but Renomi does respond and make changes, so it seems that tokens are not supported.
  • Hi Chris.

I am truly sorry to hear that.
    To be honest, I didn't test Renomi workflow with R17 tokens. I just used regular renders, and all seemed fine. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Regarding C4D freezing while moving large amount of files - this sounds bad. I don't really do large renders, so didn't come access this issue, nor I ever got any complaints about it. I will try to investigate this.

I understand that you cannot use Renomi because of these issues, so please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/ so we can issue a refund.

Again, sorry for your trouble.
  • Hi Chris.

To be honest, I didn't test Renomi workflow with R17 tokens. I just used regular renders, and all seemed fine. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Regarding C4D freezing while moving large amount of files - this sounds bad. I don't really do large renders, so didn't come access this issue, nor I ever got any complaints about it. I will try to investigate this.

I understand that you cannot use Renomi because of these issues, so please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/ so we can issue a refund.

My appreciation for the help, Tomas, and I look forward to the next version. Greatly appreciate your responsiveness!
  • Hi Chris.

My appreciation for the help, Tomas, and I look forward to the next version. Greatly appreciate your responsiveness!
    For those considering purchasing: Tomas has been very gracious and responsive about my concerns, as you can see here. But he and I also continued to discuss via Twitter as well and found that Renomi does work as intended with my test scene (standard paths, not token paths.)

Just make sure the option "User Defined Layer Name" is NOT checked.

Thanks again Tomas - looking forward to seeing more from you.
  • I just purchased Renomi v1.3.3 today, how do I activate Renomi?
  • 73 fsplay said:
    I just purchased Renomi v1.3.3 today, how do I activate Renomi?

please open a support ticket for assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/