• Hi Victoria,

that looks like a fantastic tool. Does it work as well to try different FXs on a layer, or with text attributes like font type or paragraph style?

Thanks,

Miguel
  • Hi Victoria,
    Do you have any more in depth tutorials on this? I have purchased it and although it works on recording and saving takes, I am not clear on how you apply it to another layer. When I go to another layer, it does not show my takes as an option. I love the concept but I must be missing something here.

Thanks.

Paul
  • Hi Victoria,
    Do you have any more in depth tutorials on this? I have purchased it and although it works on recording and saving takes, I am not clear on how you apply it to another layer. When I go to another layer, it does not show my takes as an option. I love the concept but I must be missing something here.

Thanks.

Paul
    Hi Paul,

Take This is designed to save your transforms on a per-layer basis. Think version control (save and manage multiple layers' states simultaneously) as opposed to preset creation. If you want to move takes between layers, you can copy and paste the custom effects, then activate them in the panel. Be a bit careful, though -- copying, say, a camera's transforms to a text layer or vice-versa may not work very well.
  • Hi Victoria,

that looks like a fantastic tool. Does it work as well to try different FXs on a layer, or with text attributes like font type or paragraph style?

Thanks,

Miguel
    Hi Miguel,

Take This supports layer transforms and their expressions, as well as whether a layer is 3D. It was a trade-off: supporting all layer parameters would not enable you to keep your takes within the same comp, and could cause expressions referencing the layer to break, so I thought simpler was better. 
  • Thank you Victoria, that is what I ended up doing and it worked. Thank you for your quick response.

Paul
  • Hi Victoria,

I ended buying it to try it myself. :) 

Unfortunately it gives me an error message:

Error: After Effects error: Unable to call "applyPreset" because of parameter 1. Path is not valid. Path" "Volumes/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/com.victoria.takethis/jsx/TakeThis...

up to that point I cannot see what else is on the address, as the software doesn't allow me to do cut and paste.

Any idea how to sort that or how to amend the path?

Thanks a lot!

Miguel
  • Hi Victoria,

Error: After Effects error: Unable to call "applyPreset" because of parameter 1. Path is not valid. Path" "Volumes/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/com.victoria.takethis/jsx/TakeThis...

up to that point I cannot see what else is on the address, as the software doesn't allow me to do cut and paste.

Thanks a lot!

Miguel
    Hi Miguel,

Sounds like an installation issue. How did you install the extension? What OS are you on?
  • Hi Victoria,

Thanks a lot!

Miguel
    Hi Miguel,

Sounds like an installation issue. How did you install the extension? What OS are you on?
    Hi Victoria, 

thanks for the prompt reply.

As far as I am concerned I installed it following the instructions, perhaps I did some mistake. 

The operative system is 'El Capitan', working on the latest version of CC2015.

I will try to reinstall then. I will let you know if that helps.

Thanks!

• Hi Victoria, are you planing to update your script to the Ae 2017 version?
    Would very appreciate this
  • Dang :( I thought that I could install this on CC2017 and use it, but the installer wont intall it on CC2017 :(. All of the other not officially CC2017 supported scripts etc I've had have worked just fine.

Hopefully there will be a fix for this :)

• So, 2018 version and no update...
  • Any plans on updating this? :)
  • At last master Luke came to save us!
    Thanks for the update for 2020, hope it works with AE beta as well will be my first time I actually try this script. 4 years of waiting...))