3D Text Creator
  • Hi, is there a quick `en masse` way to make all the layers come forward as in your demo, ideally loop back around ad infinitum?  cheers John McGeoch
  • You can animate the camera to make them come forward but looping them back around would require some kind of clever expression or simply keyframe them to snap back. 
  • Hi Lloyd, any plans to make it compatible with CC 2014? Thanks
  • Hi Lloyd, any plans to make it compatible with CC 2014? Thanks
    It works with CC2014. I just updated the compatibility tab.
  • Hello does the txt file any settings? Mine 9 blocks quotes the script says that only reads 1 line. Any ideas? Thank you.
  • Hello does the txt file any settings? Mine 9 blocks quotes the script says that only reads 1 line. Any ideas? Thank you.

Make sure you have carriage returns at the end of each line and make sure the file is properly encoded.
  • Hi, I try to get the script to work but it seem that "math.random" put a lot of layers at the exact same coordinate in the 3d space.
    Im using CC 2015, it seem to work better in CC 2014 but I have the same problem, just less layer at the same place!

Any idea?
    Thank
  • Hi, I try to get the script to work but it seem that "math.random" put a lot of layers at the exact same coordinate in the 3d space.
    Im using CC 2015, it seem to work better in CC 2014 but I have the same problem, just less layer at the same place!

Any idea?
    Thank
    yeah seems there is a bug in the math.random function in cc2015. please file a bug with Adobe about it here, the more users that report it the more likely they will fix it: http://adobe.com/go/wish
  • I am using AE CC 2015. The alpha value does not seem to be working. Any suggestions?
  • I am using AE CC 2015. The alpha value does not seem to be working. Any suggestions?
    I have tried using 25/255 and 0.1 in the 4th spot of set_main_color as you explained in your tutorial.
    I have tried using 25/255 and 0.1 in the 4th spot of set_main_color as you explained in your tutorial.
    The fill effect does not support alpha in the color. You would need to custom code the opacity which you can do by adding this to line 63:

myLayer.opacity.setValue(10);

10 in this case would set the opacity to 10% but you can change it to anything you want.
  • How would I be able to adjust the colors to only have a certain set of colors vs. the hue shift that is built in?
  • How would I be able to adjust the colors to only have a certain set of colors vs. the hue shift that is built in?
    It only supports hue shift not specific colors
  • can you please reupload the tutorial video?
  • I wanting to start my text color all as white.  In your comments you state that//set the color boundaries  for the  text  (this only applies if the add_FIll_Effect and add_Color_Balance_Effect are set to true below. I've tried setting Fill Effect and Color Balance to false with no effect and setting the main color to [1,1,1,1] with no effect.  It still starts off with a fill color of Red for anything I try.  Also tried setting hue, lightness, and saturation all to [0,0].  I am using AE 2020 so I didn't know if there was a compatibility issue.
  • I wanting to start my text color all as white.  In your comments you state that//set the color boundaries  for the  text  (this only applies if the add_FIll_Effect and add_Color_Balance_Effect are set to true below. I've tried setting Fill Effect and Color Balance to false with no effect and setting the main color to [1,1,1,1] with no effect.  It still starts off with a fill color of Red for anything I try.  Also tried setting hue, lightness, and saturation all to [0,0].
    Make sure the text tool is set to white before you run 3D Text Creator
  • Is there a tutorial for using this? I know i'm missing something, but can't quite figure it out. Can't get it to work quite right.
  • Is there a tutorial for using this? I know i'm missing something, but can't quite figure it out. Can't get it to work quite right.
    If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.