• There seems some problem when I'm trying to bake the expression. It was a simple testing that I tried to animate a bouncing ball.

After I click bake the ExtendedScript ToolKit activates and give an error on line, Line 445 cannot be executed

445 prop.expression = '';

Not seeing anyone else posting something like this, wondering is it or something went wrong during the installation... I tried to delete it then maybe reinstall but not sure how...
  • Btw, forgot to mention the expression does bake after I manually force quit the app and wait a bit in AE though.
  • Hi,

I can't seem to install this script at all...

I've even tried the manual install and I don't seem to have the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\Extensions".

Any ideas?

Warmest regards,

- Andrew
  • Hi,

I can't seem to install this script at all...

I've even tried the manual install and I don't seem to have the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\Extensions".

Any ideas?

Warmest regards,

- Andrew
    Please create the folders if they are missing in your installation and make sure the After Ease folder is simply called: After Ease

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\Extensions\After Ease
  • Hola,

Definitivamente tengo muchos problemas con la instalación. Intento crear la carpeta CEP manualmente pero no me aparece la opción extensiones dentro de After Effects CC. He seguido las instrucciones del manual, los videos, las publicaciones... pero todo ha sido fallido.

Necesito más opciones o más facilidad para la instalación. :(

Gracias!
    – Victor
  • Hola,

Definitivamente tengo muchos problemas con la instalación. Intento crear la carpeta CEP manualmente pero no me aparece la opción extensiones dentro de After Effects CC. He seguido las instrucciones del manual, los videos, las publicaciones... pero todo ha sido fallido.

Necesito más opciones o más facilidad para la instalación. :(

Gracias!
    – Victor
    Por favor, abra un ticket de soporte e indique si usted está en Mac o Windows, y podemos ayudarle.

Please open a support ticket and let us know if you are on mac or windows and we can help you.
  • Angela Yu said:
    Pity not compatible with AE CS6 otherwise I'd certainly be buying :-(
    Hi Clare, thanks for the note.  We actually started developing this for older versions of AE including CS6 but the old versions of AE have bugs in them that made it difficult to deliver the same experience (i.e. the live preview graph).  Our beta feedback from the CS6 version was that it was too disruptive to the workflow which is why we restricted it to 2014/2015.  Would you have wanted to use such a tool tool without the preview?

Awesome work done guys, unfortunately i currently use after effect cs6 and below.
    But i am more than willing to buy if you can provide me the no preview version because all i need is for the tool to work, i can definitely use it without the preview. Also can you also provide the cc version too since i might be getting a adobe cc later on in the future.

please let me know if this is possible.
    thanks
  • Hi,

I'm completely lost here. Does the plugin work with AE CS6 Mac or not? I can't for the love of me figure out. Some help please?

Cheers
    Alex

• Hi,

I'm completely lost here. Does the plugin work with AE CS6 Mac or not? I can't for the love of me figure out. Some help please?

Cheers
    Alex

No it does not. You can check the Compatibility tab on every product page to see which versions the product is compatible with.
  • HI,

I already installed it ,but when i click the extension->after ease ,the script panel doesn't show up ,
    Could u help  me solve this problem?
    THX~

Beers
    Milky Chan~

• HI,

I already installed it ,but when i click the extension->after ease ,the script panel doesn't show up ,
    Could u help  me solve this problem?
    THX~

Beers
    Milky Chan~

We resolved this on our thread over on Vimeo but in case someone else comes across this we had to put AE into debug mode.  Here are the steps in windows:

Click Start -> Run
    Type "regedit" and then run it
    Open up: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.6
    Then add a new entry PlayerDebugMode of type "string" with the value of "1"
  • expressions dont follow curved paths, this should be updated
  • expressions dont follow curved paths, this should be updated
    Hi Seth, we'd sorry you're having issues with after ease. We'd love to get this fixed for you. Can you submit a support ticket with a screenshot of what you're seeing so we can help better help you?
  • Hi

I'm having issues activating my license. It's saying "The licence provided is not recognized", I'm copying straight from my downloads/licences section of this website.
  • Hi

I'm having issues activating my license. It's saying "The licence provided is not recognized", I'm copying straight from my downloads/licences section of this website.

Can you please open a support ticket (https://aescripts.com/contact/) and send us a screenshot of the license window with your license filled in so we can see what you are seeing? Also send screenshots of any errors you are getting. 
  • how can i uninstall the trial version of after ease on mac 
  • Im looking for my product license number 
    Where can I find this?
  • Im looking for my product license number 
    Where can I find this?
    You can find your licenses in the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account.  
  • how can i uninstall the trial version of after ease on mac 
    Just run the ZXP Installer and choose remove next to After Ease. 
  • Hi,
    Love the script! I am also receiving a similar error when I bake an expression. The only difference between my error & Mark's is the following..
    "Unable to execute script at line 445. Undefined is not an object"
    Thanks,
    John

There seems some problem when I'm trying to bake the expression. It was a simple testing that I tried to animate a bouncing ball.

After I click bake the ExtendedScript ToolKit activates and give an error on line, Line 445 cannot be executed

Not seeing anyone else posting something like this, wondering is it or something went wrong during the installation... I tried to delete it then maybe reinstall but not sure how...

• Hi,
    I've got same problem as John Gardner and receiving an error "unable to execute script at line 445" (when I'm baking elastic on path).

• Hi Aleksandra,

Sorry that there is a hiccup while using our product. Can you please open a support ticket with a screenshot of the your After Effects file? Including the animated parameters that you applied the script on. And we will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Angela

Hi,
    I've got same problem as John Gardner and receiving an error "unable to execute script at line 445" (when I'm baking elastic on path).

• Hi John,

Thanks for the words. Sorry that you bumped into an error while using our product. Can you please open a support ticket with a screenshot of the your After Effects file? Please include the animated parameters that you applied the script on. And we will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Angela

Hi,
    Love the script! I am also receiving a similar error when I bake an expression. The only difference between my error & Mark's is the following..
    "Unable to execute script at line 445. Undefined is not an object"
    Thanks,
    John

There seems some problem when I'm trying to bake the expression. It was a simple testing that I tried to animate a bouncing ball.

• When I use the ZXP installer a. it asks me if I want to update ZXP b. After I say no the aescripts + aeplugins window which appears doesn't have After Effects as an option. If I then drop the After Ease v1.1.2.zxp onto the window it offers me custom install which doesn't seem to install anything.
  • When I use the ZXP installer a. it asks me if I want to update ZXP b. After I say no the aescripts + aeplugins window which appears doesn't have After Effects as an option. If I then drop the After Ease v1.1.2.zxp onto the window it offers me custom install which doesn't seem to install anything.

You need to say yes to update the installer. If after updating you still cannot install please open a support ticket and let us know what version if AE and OS you are using. https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • In principle this is a good script and works smoothly with a great simple interface. However its really limited by the fact that it only works with 2 keyframes in a straight line. If you use 3 keyframes it glitches and if you add a bezier curve it still only moves in a straight line. That's really disappointing.
  • In principle this is a good script and works smoothly with a great simple interface. However its really limited by the fact that it only works with 2 keyframes in a straight line. If you use 3 keyframes it glitches and if you add a bezier curve it still only moves in a straight line. That's really disappointing.
    Hi Chris, that shouldn't be the case.  It should be honoring the additional keyframes and not be restricted by a straight line.  Can you open a support ticket and send us a screenshot of what you're seeing?
  • Hi,

I'm getting the same line 445 script error as a few other users have mentioned when trying to bake the keyframes.

Is there a fix for this yet?

Thanks,
    Tom
  • Hi

Is there a way to make those Elastic movements even more subtle? No matter what  I do with Decay, Freq & Start the movment is at minimal too big. :D 

I like AfterEase but wondering if I could create more subtle movements with it.

BTW. I got the error 445 while baking. The movement starts to glitch if the keyframes are close enough to each other.

• Some people have experienced getting an error when attempting bake that there is an error on line 445 and we want to make a general announcement. 

Is there a fix?
    Unfortunately not yet; however, we have a workaround.

What's causing the problem?
    We've discovered that other scripts/plugins on your system that manipulate expressions are doing it in a way that collides with After Ease and we don't know how to make us play nicely with them or vice versa.

Is there a workaround?
    Yes; however, it's labor intensive.

Some customers were able to solve this problem by reinstalling After Effects and reinstalling their other scripts/plugins one at a time and eventually found the offending script/plugin.  The script/plugin varied in each instance.  In most cases the customer decided either to keep After Ease or the other script/plugin or chose to manually juggle having only one script/plugin installed a time.

We understand how labor intensive this workaround is and are actively figuring out how to alleviate the issue as best as we can.  If you have any other thoughts/suggestions, please contact us through a support ticket.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Rafi & Angela
  • Hi Miika,

We are glad that you liked our product although experiencing some issues. Please check our previous post regarding to the error on line 445. 

For subtle elastic movements, we normally set a high decay value, low Freq value, and high start value. I attached the a photo below to show a setting for subtle elastic animation. 

Also, the timing between the two keyframes can effect the subtleness of the animation too, the longer time there is between the two key frames, the more subtle your animation will look like.

Hope this helps!
    Angela
    Hi

Is there a way to make those Elastic movements even more subtle? No matter what  I do with Decay, Freq & Start the movment is at minimal too big. :D 

BTW. I got the error 445 while baking. The movement starts to glitch if the keyframes are close enough to each other.

Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 11.02.45 AM.png
    598 x 644 - 35K
  • Hi Tom,

We are sorry that you are experience this error. We have been doing research and just made an announcement regarding to this issue. You can find it in our previous post. 

Please contact us by opening a support ticket if you have more questions regarding to this. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
    Angela
    Hi,

I'm getting the same line 445 script error as a few other users have mentioned when trying to bake the keyframes.

Is there a fix for this yet?

Thanks,
    Tom

• I am also receiving the 445 script error.
    Is there a way to get notified when you solve this problem?
    It's a very useful script, but it's limited without the baking function.
    Tnx,
    Alex
  • I am also receiving the 445 script error.
    Is there a way to get notified when you solve this problem?
    It's a very useful script, but it's limited without the baking function.
    Tnx,
    Alex
    Hi Aleksander, can you try installing the latest updates for CC2014 or 2015 (whichever one you're using) and see if that helps?

Thanks
    -Rafi
  • i click on extention after ease in after effects nothings happens why?

• Hi it's a lovely product - one thing I've noticed, if i take two identical layers with two keyframes - on one I apply expression and on the other I bake the keyframes - the animation is different. The expression version when using elastic ease is less pronounced than the baked frames. Just wondering is that was due to some limitations in expressions, or if you guys really knew about this?
  • i click on extention after ease in after effects nothings happens why?

Hi Badr, this extension only works on CC2015.2 (the most recent release).  Are you sure that's what you're running?
  • Rafi Khan said:
    i click on extention after ease in after effects nothings happens why?

Hi Badr, this extension only works on CC2015.2 (the most recent release).  Are you sure that's what you're running?
    Whoops, Badr, sorry.  Please ignore this message.  Can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?
  • Hi it's a lovely product - one thing I've noticed, if i take two identical layers with two keyframes - on one I apply expression and on the other I bake the keyframes - the animation is different. The expression version when using elastic ease is less pronounced than the baked frames. Just wondering is that was due to some limitations in expressions, or if you guys really knew about this?
    Hi Graham, I'm not quite sure what you're referring to.  Both the baking and expressions are supposed to have the identical hero points and some very slight variation during bake for the speed an influence.  Otherwise it should be the same.  

Can you send me a screenshot via a support ticket so I can see?
  • error
    Hi Badr, can you please open a support ticket so I can resolve this away from the forum?

Thanks,
    -Rafi
  • Did you guys fix the 445 error? I am getting it too.
  • Hi

Did you guys fix the 445 error? I am getting it too.

Hi Mikka/Diego, can you guys provide me some more information on what you were trying to bake?  Can you open up a support ticket and me a screenshot of what your timeline looked like and exactly what properties you tried to select so I can dig into this further?

Thanks
  • AAhhhh no CS6? Oh man. Almost bought it.
  • Hi,

Great script.

Is it possible to get more values for Decay and Freq? I feel that 2 for decay and 1 for frequency is bit too low. I feel that Mike is tryin to say that as well. If I could get more decay it would make overshoot much subtle. Also sometimes freq of 1 is just not enough. Is there a way to tweak it? I would much appreciate it. For example 10 make slider stop at 5 for decay but if possible give option to write down numericaly numbers even larger than those. Same fo Frequency. If not I feel that 10 might serve us better.

Other than that, great script.
  • Hi Marko, thanks for  the taking the time to write comment.  There isn't a way to tweak the values but I understand your issue.  I'll think about how I could support your need as plan out the next minor update to After Ease which I hope to get out in the next month or two.

-Rafi
  • I agree it would be awesome to have more control over the values. It's not possible to make the movement subtle enough with the current caps on freq and decay.
  • Hi, while the elastic works fine, the bounces are un natural. When something is lets say "on air" doesnt hang in there and drops back again almost instantly. cheers
  • Hi. I have problems with your installer.
    OSX give me this bug message, when i try to install the plugin:
    "ZXP Installer" is damaged and can not be opened. It is advisable to move the object to the trash."
    I have repeated the download repeatedly. With the same result.

Screenshot:
    http://www.2h11.de/kunden/TMP/error-message_german.jpg

OSX 10.10.5 / Mac mini (End 2012) / 2,3 GHz IntelCore / 16 GB RAM

Any idea to fix this?
    MAX
  • Hi. I have problems with your installer.
    OSX give me this bug message, when i try to install the plugin:
    "ZXP Installer" is damaged and can not be opened. It is advisable to move the object to the trash."
    I have repeated the download repeatedly. With the same result.

Screenshot:
    http://www.2h11.de/kunden/TMP/error-message_german.jpg

OSX 10.10.5 / Mac mini (End 2012) / 2,3 GHz IntelCore / 16 GB RAM

Any idea to fix this?
    MAX
    Please re-download the ZXP installer: https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/