• Bought it - 2 minor problems though...

doesn't work with animation composer (Layer Markers)

doesn't recognize LAYERS in Photoshop Files

ideas?
  • Hi Asdf. Can you please open a support ticket and attach comp with animation composer so i can test what's up.

Regarding photoshop layers - I didn't find a way to access individual psd layers. This might be a scripting limitation. Will update the description to reflect that. Thanks.

Bought it - cause it"s a nice idea - yet, problems from the beginning on

doesn't work with animation composer

ideas?

• Hi Asdf. Can you please open a support ticket and attach comp with animation composer so i can test what's up. Regarding photoshop layers - I didn't find a way to access individual psd layers. This might be a scripting limitation. Will update the description to reflect that. Thanks.
    Bought it - cause it"s a nice idea - yet, problems from the beginning on

doesn't work with animation composer

ideas?
    Hi Tomas,

thanks for respondig SOOOO quickly...

Hey - first off - not to produce the wrong impression to other users - this script in fact IS awsome.

It's a process, as always, to tweek products till they're perfect. And hey - it's 1.0 :) right?

How do i open a support ticket?

Thanks,

andy

(wrong name)

• Thanks Andy for not being harsh about it.
    I tested this tool for so many hours, but some stuff probably slipped off my radar.

To open a support ticket, please fill info here https://aescripts.com/contact/

Thanks.
  • Thanks Andy for not being harsh about it. I tested this tool for so many hours, but some stuff probably slipped off my radar. To open a support ticket, please fill info here https://aescripts.com/contact/ Thanks.
    I did - it's on the way.
  • OK PEOPLE - for everyone here reading this...

Day 2 after my request - and everythings FIXED and works perfectly.

Tomas must be one of the fastest guys on earth :).

So thanks from my side and yeah - i do strongly recommend to load down the trial and check this very handy tool...

• is it possible to get a sample .jsx File of an animated Square created with compcode? just something simple for testing?

• I'm very interested in purchasing this item. One quick question..
    Understanding that it doesn't work well with effects like Levels and Curves, how well does it work with presets? In other words, could I send this script out along with presets? Would this be an effective approach to include unsupported effects?

Thanks for your time.
  • Hi Stephen.
    Regarding Levels and Curves - yeah, there is nothing one can do to read/write those values. It's a limitation of AE scripting.

Regarding the Preset workflow - this might work. But to be clear on this - current compCode version "doesn't know what preset is" - it simply reads effects property and recreated it from scratch. However, this sounds as a good feature, and I'll look into it.

But for now this might require some minor manual work to make this happen. Let me record a short video on how I would go about adding Preset with compCode. Will return in a bit.

I'm very interested in purchasing this item. One quick question..
    Understanding that it doesn't work well with effects like Levels and Curves, how well does it work with presets? In other words, could I send this script out along with presets? Would this be an effective approach to include unsupported effects?

Thanks for your time.

• Yeah, so there you go - I recorded somewhat detailed video on how to do that. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gdj0ltec4zr2aug/AAAlmqJcODOjV6T_llUmptcta?dl=0
    I hope that makes sense and isn't too difficult to follow.

Let me know if you have some other questions.

I'm very interested in purchasing this item. One quick question..

Thanks for your time.

• This is great! Thank you!

Yeah, so there you go - I recorded somewhat detailed video on how to do that. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gdj0ltec4zr2aug/AAAlmqJcODOjV6T_llUmptcta?dl=0
    I hope that makes sense and isn't too difficult to follow.

Let me know if you have some other questions.

• Hi Tomas,

Do you have any plans to add student pricing for this? 
  • I wanted to try it, but doesn't seem to work! When I launch the script does absolutely nothing ... any ideas?
  • Looks like an awesome script! I am curious how it would handle this scenario.

If you make a token for video footage and replace it...

Let's say the original footage used to make the comp is 5 seconds long. I run the script for that and when prompted by your coding to replace my footage I choose a 10 second clip this time instead. The new clip is longer. How will your code handle that?

My biggest concern is being able to add shorter and longer clips in the future but still maintain the position of other layers. Does your coding do what some programs call ripple insert where the nee footage would automatically push down the other layers? If this is unclear I can make a graphic to describe the concept better.

Thanks, Travis
  • Hi Travis. Some good questions right there.
    Currently compCode works in such manner:
    1. If you use "file:" token on a 5 sec video & have this video in timeline from 0 to 5 seconds (didnt change the duration), then compCode will import any length (lets say user select 10 seconds lengh video) and will place in timeline from 0 to 10 seconds. In point will not change, but duration will be 10 seconds.
    2. If you have 5 seconds video and have trimmed it in timeline from 1-3 seconds, then no matter what length video user will import, compCode will trim it to match 1-3 seconds.

An no, there's no option for ripple edit. So all layers stay in their place.
  • Hello I use CS6, and I just wanted to know could this be used exclusively for saving down to AE CS6? Or would that have too many inconsistencies because of uncontrollable variables involved? From what I can tell it seems simple enough, I could just save as a script in the latest CC and load it in CS6. But I dont think that is its intended purpose, and I dont want to get my hopes up and run into a snap or break something. 
  • Hello Michael.
    I am not sure I understand your question. You can save script in latest CC2015 version and still run it in CS6.

Hello I use CS6, and I just wanted to know could this be used exclusively for saving down to AE CS6? Or would that have too many inconsistencies because of uncontrollable variables involved? From what I can tell it seems simple enough, I could just save as a script in the latest CC and load it in CS6. But I dont think that is its intended purpose, and I dont want to get my hopes up and run into a snap or break something. 

• Just to clarify I was asking can I use this as a CC to CS6 converter? Or is that not recommended? You have answered my question. I was concerned that maybe there were some bugs that would occur if I do that.  
    Hello Michael.
    I am not sure I understand your question. You can save script in latest CC2015 version and still run it in CS6.

Hello I use CS6, and I just wanted to know could this be used exclusively for saving down to AE CS6? Or would that have too many inconsistencies because of uncontrollable variables involved? From what I can tell it seems simple enough, I could just save as a script in the latest CC and load it in CS6. But I dont think that is its intended purpose, and I dont want to get my hopes up and run into a snap or break something. 

• is there a way of adding the generated comp directly to the current composition you are in
  • Definitely.
    Enable "Use Existing Composition" in Settings window once you are compCode'ing.

is there a way of adding the generated comp directly to the current composition you are in

• Definitely.
    Enable "Use Existing Composition" in Settings window once you are compCode'ing.

is there a way of adding the generated comp directly to the current composition you are in

Ty sir
  • Hi again i also wanted to know if there was a means of running the created scripts directly like via the plugin Quick Menu as when i try nothing happens even if i use the built in run script file with compcode i can only run created scripts if i compile them with compack 
  • Yes, you can run exported scripts with Quick Menu or even assign them with ft-Toolbar.
    If you are having issues with such workflow, please open a support ticket so I can assist you directly.

Thanks.

Hi again i also wanted to know if there was a means of running the created scripts directly like via the plugin Quick Menu as when i try nothing happens even if i use the built in run script file with compcode i can only run created scripts if i compile them with compack 

• Yes, you can run exported scripts with Quick Menu or even assign them with ft-Toolbar.
    If you are having issues with such workflow, please open a support ticket so I can assist you directly.

Thanks.

Hi again i also wanted to know if there was a means of running the created scripts directly like via the plugin Quick Menu as when i try nothing happens even if i use the built in run script file with compcode i can only run created scripts if i compile them with compack 

thx again i tried recompiling the scripts and they seem to work now i dont know what was the issue but if it happens again ill open a ticket
  • I sometimes get an error "unspecified drawing error" the script recreates the original comp fine but i dont get the dialog to save/run/view log etc how can i fix this?
  • Hi Kamani.
    This is the first time I hear such error. Can you please open support ticket https://aescripts.com/support/#contact ; and upload you AE project so I can look at it?
    Thanks.

I sometimes get an error "unspecified drawing error" the script recreates the original comp fine but i dont get the dialog to save/run/view log etc how can i fix this?

• Hi Tomas,

I'm a french guy who is using French AE interface.
    I don't really understand when you say that : "Non-english AE interface does not support Layer Styles."
    What do you mean exactly by Layer Styles

Because any attempt to launch CompCode has worked. It's always staying blocked on "Compcode Progress" window, and nothing happens anymore.

I am very frustrated. Compcode looks amazing.
    Can you help me please ?

Thanks,
    Anthony
  • Hello Anthony.

Please be so kind to open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/ and attach compCode progress window screenshot with your AEP project. I'll take a look at it to see what's up.
    Sorry again for your frustration.

Hi Tomas,

I'm a french guy who is using French AE interface.
    I don't really understand when you say that : "Non-english AE interface does not support Layer Styles."
    What do you mean exactly by Layer Styles ? 

Because any attempt to launch CompCode has worked. It's always staying blocked on "Compcode Progress" window, and nothing happens anymore.

I am very frustrated. Compcode looks amazing.
    Can you help me please ?

Thanks,
    Anthony

• Tomas,

I sent the files.
    I forgot to tell you that compCode works very well on english AE interface, but all of my expressions are in french, in projects that I want to convert in AE scripts.

I hope you'll can help me.

Anthony
  • Expressions will not be a problem, as those are stored as matchNames. So no worries there.
    Coming back Layer Styles issue (you can set Layer Style by selecting a layer and right-click -> Layer Styles). Those are stored by names. But names differ in EN interface and and French interface. So this might be a problem for people that will be running your script on non-French (in this case) interface. If you dont have any Layer Styles applied - then dont worry about it. All will be fine.

I am working to fix this issue for the next update.

Tomas,

I sent the files.
    I forgot to tell you that compCode works very well on english AE interface, but all of my expressions are in french, in projects that I want to convert in AE scripts.

I hope you'll can help me.

Anthony

• Tomas,

Thank you very much for your quick response
    To be sure, you could see in the screenshot the very simple project (containing just one shape layer, with no layer styles) that I sent you, compCode not works and stays blocked on "compCode Progress" dialog.
    When you say you're "working to fix this issue for the next update", do you mean fix my problem, or layer style problem ?

When I use English AE interface, my french expressions are disabled, and then compCode ignore them.

Anthony
  • Anthony, let continue discussion via support ticket. Will update this forum once we find out what's going on. Thank you.
  • Anthony, I replied you via Support Ticket.
    Please don't flood the forum and continue discussions via support.
    Thank you.
  • Hi,
    I'm not much of a hardcore coder, and i was wondering if i could take the code out of CompCode and play it in a html5 environment(canvas or something).
    and build custom controls for it(play,pause,replacing elements like text layers etc ...)

Thanks  

• Hi Elad.
    The code compCode produces works only in AE and is not suitable for HTML.

elad adir said:
    Hi,
    I'm not much of a hardcore coder, and i was wondering if i could take the code out of CompCode and play it in a html5 environment(canvas or something).
    and build custom controls for it(play,pause,replacing elements like text layers etc ...)

Thanks  

• Hi Tomas, is it planned (or easily possible at this point) that compCode saves layers only? And even parameter values only? Layer Library used to do this properly but stopped to work in current AE versions unfortunately.

Thanks,
    Michael / downloops.com
  • Hi Michael.
    Yes and No.
    compCode can save script with selected layers - so once you run final script, it will build those layers in current active composition.

However, you cannot save _just_ values, values are saved with property information. So you have to run compCode on your selected layer set.

Regarding Layer Library not being supported on recent version, I'd highly recommend you contact Kevin (the author) and ask him if it's going to be updated.

Anyways, thank you for your inquiry.
    Hi Tomas, is it planned (or easily possible at this point) that compCode saves layers only? And even parameter values only? Layer Library used to do this properly but stopped to work in current AE versions unfortunately.

Thanks,
    Michael / downloops.com

• Hey there, 
    I'm using templater bot, a automation script that uses information from a google spreadsheet to make changes to after effects. Anywho, with templater I'm only able to change colors, pictures, text ect but I'm not able to run a script. I was wondering if it's possible to use your software to fire off a script automatically based on weather templater runs. 

Ex, I use pastiche to create custom videos for clients and I use templater to change the color of the solids. I would like to have a system where I can get pastiche to run it's script right before templater does. Does that make sense? 

I really appreciate your input on this and if your product would be able to solve my problem. 

• Tomas, the script doesn't work well with the new CC 2017. CompCode window is blank, without any icons. In CC 2016 works well.

• Hi Rider.
    Can you try relaunching compCode?
    I've noticed this behaviour as well, will fix it in an upcoming update. For now the only way to fix it is to relaunch palette few times. 
    Sorry for inconvenience.

Tomas, the script doesn't work well with the new CC 2017. CompCode window is blank, without any icons. In CC 2016 works well.

• Hi Rider.
    Can you try relaunching compCode?
    I've noticed this behaviour as well, will fix it in an upcoming update. For now the only way to fix it is to relaunch palette few times. 
    Sorry for inconvenience.

Tomas, the script doesn't work well with the new CC 2017. CompCode window is blank, without any icons. In CC 2016 works well.

I've tried few times but is still blank. Hope it gets an update soon. Thank you!

• Black Rider, can you please open a support ticket so we can work on this and fix this issue?

• Hi...
    Find Bug!

in Text >> PathOptions >> First Margin and Last Margin if Set Keyframe in Compcode not work!

if Set path and keyframe not working in compdoce!

thanks..
  • I just wanted to say how much I love your script. I was wondering if there is option or code that I can use to create a thumbnail gallery for comp pack using the save preview frame. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

B
  • Hi Benjamin.
    I knew this day would come when people would ask for such feature:) Honestly, I have it ready for next update. Next update will feature a lot of love towards compPack feature, so stay tight. Update is almost ready and should hit the shop in the end of Dec or beginning of January. Hope you are not in a rush and can wait a bit, if not - contact me directly and we'll sort something out.

I just wanted to say how much I love your script. I was wondering if there is option or code that I can use to create a thumbnail gallery for comp pack using the save preview frame. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

B