• hi all, i was try out the Auto Sway plugIn for curiosity, it seems a
    good tool very funny!! but i came up with a question... is possible to
    attach the Layer where the Auto Sway is applied to a Null for moving
    around the sway?? Is a limitation of the trial or is not a option for
    Auto Sway??
  • Hi Gianclaudio, thanks for the comment.
    Null layer is possible to connect in Parent-Child Relationship. 
    You can see the process that connects the branches of the tree in the Parent-Child Relationship in this Video. (1:38 ~)

All the best,
    Ada
  • wow ok i've understand and the process is more visible with the last branch at (3:26~)  thanks usefull!!
  • Problem solved. :)
  • I can't find a way to lock down the end point successfully. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
  • Hi Andrew, thanks for the comment.

Method of fixing the end point.
    1.Open the options menu.
    2.Check to [Fix end point].
    3.Apply AutoSway.
  • With Puppet Pins? I can't seem to get it to work with Puppet Pins, only with Layers.
  • hi all i'm again making some experiment and i see a strange fact... when i apply the sway, sway point are created far from my Puppet Point i upload an image to show where is my vector layer and where are the sway point in red... any clue
    Schermata 2014-11-21 alle 19.25.15.png
    2560 x 1440 - 582K
  • Hi all, i have to update my previous post: the strange fact happen with "Shape layer" not with "Solid layer"... just for let you know...
  • Hi all, i have to update my previous post: the strange fact happen with "Shape layer" not with "Solid layer"... just for let you know...

Thank you for your report.
    Please wait for fixs.
  • With Puppet Pins? I can't seem to get it to work with Puppet Pins, only with Layers.
    Please see because I was recording the operation to video.

The following bug will be fixed in a future update.
    • bug the position of the end point would change.
    • Layer mode to disable the [fix end point].
    Thank you.
  • Hi everyone,
    when I apply AutoSway to a simple puppet pinned layer (on a color rectangle like in the demo video) the script seems to default to the middle pin no matter what I try, making it sway from the middle - also I get no layer called Sway Control - only Ppin layers. Layer 1 Ppin has the controls but when I try to adjust a parameter such as Sway distance, it changes the pin I have selected and adjusts only the middle pin!
    Can anyone help? Thanks!

• Hi everyone,
    when I apply AutoSway to a simple puppet pinned layer (on a color rectangle like in the demo video) the script seems to default to the middle pin no matter what I try, making it sway from the middle - also I get no layer called Sway Control - only Ppin layers. Layer 1 Ppin has the controls but when I try to adjust a parameter such as Sway distance, it changes the pin I have selected and adjusts only the middle pin!
    Can anyone help? Thanks!

Can you record a screencast and submit it by opening a support ticket so we can see what you are experiencing?  Please submit the AE project as well (.aep only no footage).  You can record the screencast using this: http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/
  • I would like to see the new features on video :)
  • Hi alejandro, thanks for the comment.

I uploaded a video.

• Hi Ada!
    Enjoying your script.  Thank you.
    What is the most efficient way to replace an image in a split layer effect?
    I am trying to figure out how to replace the image I've used without re-doing the all the steps each time.
    My final animation is a calendar page (created in another comp called "Calendar") that floats in while swaying and lands center of the comp.  Looks great! 
    I created that animation by adding a "Calendar" comp to my "Main" comp and split it into 50 vertical divisions and then Applied the Layer Mode to them.  
    Now I want to repeat that animation with different months or Calendars, but replacing the Calendar comp with another Calendar comp (e.g., "Calendar_January") destroys all the expressions and I don't think the split follows either.
  • Hi Ada!
    Enjoying your script.  Thank you.
    What is the most efficient way to replace an image in a split layer effect?
    I am trying to figure out how to replace the image I've used without re-doing the all the steps each time.
    My final animation is a calendar page (created in another comp called "Calendar") that floats in while swaying and lands center of the comp.  Looks great! 
    I created that animation by adding a "Calendar" comp to my "Main" comp and split it into 50 vertical divisions and then Applied the Layer Mode to them.  
    Now I want to repeat that animation with different months or Calendars, but replacing the Calendar comp with another Calendar comp (e.g., "Calendar_January") destroys all the expressions and I don't think the split follows either.
    Hi Jeff Coleman, thanks for the comment.
    I tried to think of a way to replace images in a composition made by SplitLayer, but I wasn't able to come up with a good method to do so.
    Therefore, I changed the program to make it easy to replace images.

I've prepared a demo video that shows this feature, so please have a look at it.

Please wait for the next update.
  • I'm using the demo version of Auto Sway and can't get it to work. When I press the "Apply" Button, I get some "Ppin" layers, but no [Sway Control] layer. The top "Ppin" layer has the controls on it but they don't work. Am I doing something wrong. I have After Effects CS6 on a Mac with OSX Yosemite.
  • I'm using the demo version of Auto Sway and can't get it to work. When I press the "Apply" Button, I get some "Ppin" layers, but no [Sway Control] layer. The top "Ppin" layer has the controls on it but they don't work. Am I doing something wrong. I have After Effects CS6 on a Mac with OSX Yosemite.
    Hi Zukowski, 
    thanks for the comment. 
    Could you please try the method below once? 
    After placing the PuppetPins in position, 
    select all of them (or the layer that you want to apply the AutoSway to) and push the "Apply" button.

All the best, 
    Ada
  • Since my last note I upgraded to After Effects CC but I'm still getting the same results. Is there something I need to do to the layer layer settings? Or maybe  the anchor point? . . . ?
    Thanks for your help.
  • Since my last note I upgraded to After Effects CC but I'm still getting the same results. Is there something I need to do to the layer layer settings? Or maybe  the anchor point? . . . ?
    Thanks for your help.
    Hi Zukowski,
    Thank you for reply.
    You do not need to set the layer.
    Just to confirm, are you placing at least two puppet pins before using AutoSway?
    If you are using fewer than two, please place at least two puppet pins and try it again.

If the problem is still not solved, could you please try the following?
    Can you record a screencast and submit it by opening a support ticket so we can see what you are experiencing?  Please submit the AE project as well (.aep only no footage).  You can record the screencast using this: http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/
  • Hello! I'm trying to slow down the sway to a complete stop by zeroing everything out. For some reason though when the sway gets closer to reaching zero, the velocity speeds up near the end, like an ease-in, and then stops.  I'd need the enitre animation to gradually slow down to zero.
  • Hello! I'm trying to slow down the sway to a complete stop by zeroing everything out. For some reason though when the sway gets closer to reaching zero, the velocity speeds up near the end, like an ease-in, and then stops.  I'd need the enitre animation to gradually slow down to zero.
    Hi Zack White
    thanks for the comment. 
    Regarding the problem above, if the value of either Sway distance or Sway roundness or both of them becomes 0, when you start the animation, it will stop gradually.
    I think that just as you said, it would be best if it could be stopped by using things such as Speed, so we'll do our best to make improvements.
    Thank you very much for your valuable opinion.
  • Hi,

I'm having issues with the looping time, it doesn't seem to work at all.

Is there any solution?
  • Hi,

I'm having issues with the looping time, it doesn't seem to work at all.

Is there any solution?
    Hi Andrew Embury
    Thanks for the comment. 

About the loop: you can make a loop by specifying a speed value.
    The speed value for making it loop once a second is 201.
    You can use this value to specify other loop times.

Examples:
    1 loop every 1 seconds: 201
    2 loop every 1 seconds: 201*2=402
    3 loop every 1 seconds: 201*3=603

1 loop every 2 seconds: 201/2=100.5
    2 loop every 2 seconds: 100.5*2=201
    3 loop every 2 seconds: 100.5*3=301.5

1 loop every 3 seconds: 201/3=67
    2 loop every 3 seconds: 67*2=134
    3 loop every 3 seconds:  67*3=201

1 loop every4 seconds:  201/4=50.25
    2 loop every4 50.25*2=100.5
    3 loop every4 50.25*3=150.75

After dividing 201 by the number of seconds, multiply the result by the number of loops to calculate the speed value. 

All the best, 
    Ada
  • Hey there Adachi,

Loving the plugin. Great job!

Only having one minor issue that I was hoping you could help me with.

I've applied autosway to a layer that I want to rotate and move, but each time I do, the puppet mesh stays where it originally was and so the autoswaying isn't working:

The easiest way to fix this issue is to pre-comp the layer and apply the rotation and position changes to the pre-comp, I know, but because of my project, I need to use the collapse transformation feature so pre-comping doesn't work for me. Any suggestions you have would help a great deal.

Thanks!
  • Hey there Adachi,
    Loving the plugin. Great job!
    Only having one minor issue that I was hoping you could help me with.
    I've applied autosway to a layer that I want to rotate and move, but each time I do, the puppet mesh stays where it originally was and so the autoswaying isn't working:

The easiest way to fix this issue is to pre-comp the layer and apply the rotation and position changes to the pre-comp, I know, but because of my project, I need to use the collapse transformation feature so pre-comping doesn't work for me. Any suggestions you have would help a great deal.
    Thanks!
    Hi Malik
    Thanks for the comment. 

When you run it with collapse transformation enabled in addition to pre-comp, the boundary line is indeed split as in the video you sent.
    However, if you use [Sway control layer], which is produced when AutoSway is applied, 
    to control the settings on motion, I think you can prevent the split in the boundary line from occurring even when collapse transformation is enabled.

All the best, 
    Ada
  • Hi I've just download the trial version and it doesn't seem to work... I've uploaded a video for you to see: 
  • Hi I've just download the trial version and it doesn't seem to work... I've uploaded a video for you to see: 

Hi patrick nadeau

We've fixed the flaw that you pointed out, so please re-download the AutoSway.

All the best,
    Ada
  • Hi :D Is it possible to use this Script to make some Trees Sway in some Live Action Footage? 
  • Hi, since the latest update I can't get anything to sway! Help appreciated. 
  • Hi :D Is it possible to use this Script to make some Trees Sway in some Live Action Footage? 
    Hi Igor Bajic

AutoSway is good at swaying still images, so I think it will be difficult to sway action footage.

Thank you,
    Ada
    Hi David Crowther

I apologize for the inconvenience, but could you please provide me with the following information?

・What OS (operation system) you are using?
    ・What version your AE is.
    ・Whether the bug appeared in the Auto Sway of a production version?
    ・Please also let me know the process through which the bug appears. (If possible, it would be helpful if you could take screen grabs of the bug in process and send them to me.)

Thank you,
    Ada
    Hi David Crowther

I apologize for the inconvenience, but could you please provide me with the following information?

・Please also let me know the process through which the bug appears. (If possible, it would be helpful if you could take screen grabs of the bug in process and send them to me.)

Thank you,
    Ada
    Hi Ada,

I'm on:

OS X El Capitan 10.11.5
    AE Version - 13.7.2.3
    Bug appeared after latest update installation
    Hi David Crowther

Thank you,
    Ada
    Hi Ada,

I'm on:

OS X El Capitan 10.11.5
    AE Version - 13.7.2.3
    Hi David Crowther

Thanks for the screen capture.
    Please try the new version of AutoSway.
    https://aescripts.com/downloadable/customer/products/
    The new version is v1.83.

All the best,
    Ada
    Hi David Crowther

Thank you,
    Ada
    Hi Ada,

I'm on:

OS X El Capitan 10.11.5
    AE Version - 13.7.2.3
    Hi David Crowther

All the best,
    Ada
    Ada,

Yup, that's the version I'm running. 
    Hi David Crowther

Thank you,
    Ada
    Hi Ada,

I'm on:

OS X El Capitan 10.11.5
    AE Version - 13.7.2.3
    Hi David Crowther

All the best,
    Ada
    Ada,

Yup, that's the version I'm running. 
    Hi David Crowther

With the screen captcha you sent, it looks as though you use v1.82 but does v1.83 have the same bug?
    If there is a bug with v1.83, do you think you could possibly send the screen captcha again? 

All the best, 
    Ada
  • Re-installed it and it's working ok now. I tried that before and had the same result but now it's fine. Probably something unrelated tot he script. Thanks buddy!
  • Just downloaded the trial and can't get autosway to work on puppet tool or layer mode. using version 1.84 and AE 2015.3 on latest mac pro running el capitan 10.11.6
  • Just downloaded the trial and can't get autosway to work on puppet tool or layer mode. using version 1.84 and AE 2015.3 on latest mac pro running el capitan 10.11.6
    Hi Kerry Lofton

I'm sorry to reply late.
    Do you see an error alert after pressing the Apply button?
    Please inform me when an error message is displayed.

All the best, 
    Ada
  • Hi,
     I applied the sway with all pin points selected and nothing happened with the image, I thought it was not working but when I selected the pin points I see the movement on the pins but not on the image....am I missing something? Never mind....it was a minor error in after....
  • I have an issue when apply "reverse start point and end point" .......the end point (right position) is fixed, but half of the strip is blowing to that same direction (right) so I have half of the strip folded in "U" shape...its like the wind continue to blow in the same direction before the "reverse start point and end point"  was applied....

It is fixed when I check on "Curves into straight line"....is that how is supposed to work?
  • Hi, where can I find info about autosway in 3D?
  • Hi, where can I find info about autosway in 3D?

I have an issue when apply "reverse start point and end point" .......the end point (right position) is fixed, but half of the strip is blowing to that same direction (right) so I have half of the strip folded in "U" shape...its like the wind continue to blow in the same direction before the "reverse start point and end point"  was applied....

It is fixed when I check on "Curves into straight line"....is that how is supposed to work?
    Hi caetano britto 

I'm sorry to reply late.
    I would like to confirm more details about the defects (bugs) that have been reported. So, would it be possible for you to record the procedure and send it to me ?

Regarding the application to 3D layer, 3D sway can be created after splitting the layer using "Split Layer" function and applying AutoSway to that layer, and then turning ON "Z axle" from "Sway Type" within Effects. You can also check the procedure from the video below. (I'm sorry that the video is not in English...)

Kind regards.
    Ada

• hi there, will there be a cc2018 version available soon?
  • Any plans for  cc2018 version? The puppet tool seems to work differently and you can no longer shift click to select the pins you need to apply autosway to
  • Any plans for  cc2018 version? The puppet tool seems to work differently and you can no longer shift click to select the pins you need to apply autosway to
    Thank you for your opinion.
    Although it does not fully support cc2018, we have confirmed that it works without problems.

There are two ways to apply AutoSway.
    1. Select each doll pin and apply the autoway.
    2. Select the layer to which the puppet pin tool is applied and applied AutoSway.

Please try it in the second method once.
    The second operation can be confirmed by video.
    (3: 00 ~)

Kind regards.
    Ada
  • Hi Ada

I want to make hair moving different speed in a loop,so I key the Sway Speed. But when value go high to low, it motion look like backward even stop for a second, and when value go low to high,it become extremely fast during two keyframes. Is there a way to fix this problem? or I just key the wrong property?
    Sorry for my bad english..

Here is speed look like in graphic editor  https://imgur.com/a/HWzFA4P
  • Hi Michael Tsui

Sorry for the late reply.
    To control the speed with the keyframe, first set the Sway Speed to 0.
    Then, set the offset to keyframe, and try controlling the speed.

Kind regards. 
    Ada