qp Grade Assistant 2
  • Extremely useful if you do any green screen work or color grading in after effects. Highly recommended!

My Full Review is available here: http://blog.cineticstudios.com/2014/03/plug-in-review-qp-grade-assistant-2.html
  • Looks like a great product. I know its primarily a grading tool but will also be very useful for legalising broadcast video. Having some broadcast "safe colours" and "safe levels" presets for the scopes for working in the 709/601 colourspaces would be nice (or a tutorial on how to set them to match a local standard)..you might have to be able to step between RGB, luma and milivolt values to achieve that as some local standards are actually expressed in milivolts.  Also not an automatic correction tool but having an analysis tool that could flag problem areas within an in and out point would be a great innovation..

• Hi John. Thanks for these suggestions. I have a point upgrade planned for later this year, where I will tackle a number of workflow improvements, including looking at safe levels (also zebra patterns in the monitor). In this version you can switch between IRE and project bit depth for the Waveform monitors overlay. Christian.
  • Hi 

I have a lot of lines in my Comp, how can i switch off this lines?

Thx
    Stephan
  • Hi Stephan,

These lines are the watermark, which means the plugin is running in demo mode. To remove them, click on the "Register" button (actually just text) at the top of the qp Grade Assistant 2 effect in the Effect Control Panel, and paste in your license key. You can find your licenses in the 'My Downloads & Licenses'.  This FAQ should help you further: How to register plugins

Christian
  • Hi
    It a great plugin for monitoriing our video footage.
    one suggestion - It will be great if we can dock anywhere in the interface rather than sticking to the comp viewer.

Regards,
    Lalrammawia Tlau
  • Hi, thanks for the feedback. The type of interface you're suggesting would I think need some hefty re-writing! However I always consider feature requests, and will look into how feasible this is.
  • Hi there,
    great plugin!
    but does it work with AE built in color management?
    As with color management switched on (sRGB-Project & linear/Float exr-Footage) the luma parade shows
    the values without color management on.
    Thanks!

Till
  • Hi Till,

The plugin uses the pixel values as it is given them. As yet it doesn't detect any changes in project colour management. I'm not even sure effect plugins can get this information, however I will look into it for the next version.

Thanks for the feedback. Christian
  • Hi
    This is a hugely useful tool for Windows users who cannot use Scopebox. However it does crash After Effects occassionally when colour correcting. Not sure why, particularly using filmconvert. 
  • Hi Tristan,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm not familiar with Filmconvert but will check it out.

What version of AE, and on what platform are you using qp Grade Assistant?