• Hey Mark,

the first issue you ran into looks like its simply the imagery is difficult to stitch there for bing. Imagery is pretty bad there, I see.

Check this little tut to add a google server profile:

Second thing is the projection. The current Version only supports WGS84 which is pretty common since it represents Latitude and Longitude in degrees. Next major update will fix this though.

Find a reprojected File here:

Best 
    Markus
  • Thanks Markus,

The new geojson file you provided works perfect. Thank you so much for that. As for the other issue we were discussing regarding the problem displayed in this link:

Below are the coordinates of an address there. If you zoom out slightly you will see it is the exact same place on the map easily identifiable by the body ow water.

Port Moody, BC V3H
    49.287706, -122.877344

• Hello Markus,

I followed the tutorial to set up google maps and it did not work. An error I am receiving says:

HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
    tile not avialable: 02121

If you could please help me to see what is going wrong, or what I am doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it. Without google maps to clarify the maps of the area I am working on, my maps are not usable as an end product.

Thanks a lot.

Mark
  • Hey Mark,
    Don't forget the "http://" at the beginning of the uni Maik, and Set the File Extension to jpg if you use map style "s"
    Best
    Markus
  • Hello Markus,

I am pretty sure that I have followed the instructions correctly. I did put the "http://" at the beginning of the uni Mask, and Set the File Extension to jpg if you use map style "s"

I tried to set google map style using "m" and png as well as "s" and jpg, but neither worked. I made a screencast so you can see exactly what I did when trying to set up google maps. Let me know if I am doing something wrong. Thanks a lot.

Here is the link to the video of what I did:

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Mark

• Hello Markus,

I am pretty sure that I have followed the instructions correctly. I did put the "http://" at the beginning of the uni Mask, and Set the File Extension to jpg if you use map style "s"

I tried to set google map style using "m" and png as well as "s" and jpg, but neither worked. I made a screencast so you can see exactly what I did when trying to set up google maps. Let me know if I am doing something wrong. Thanks a lot.

Here is the link to the video of what I did:

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Mark

Hey Mark,

You are perfectly right on what you were doing... The problem is that when you copy the link address your browser allready encodes it. Suff like "}" gets replaced by "%7D" thats the problem. The reason for "Copy link address" was because the "http://" not in the mask otherwise. SO just copy it straight from the website, add "http://" and you're good to go. 

Best
    MArkus
  • Thanks a lot Markus!!!

Your suggest fixed my issue. 

I appreciate the great customer service!
  • Nice to hear! You're welcome!
  • Hi Markus,

Working on creating custom map styles in Mapbox studio. And was wondering if there's a way to link those styles with Geolayers?

Ps. Love the plug-in, its the best man! 

Thanks,
    Ronald
  • Hello,

You helped me set up Google Maps as a profile. When I opened a new project, the google maps server profiles I created were no longer in GeoLayers.

Is there anyway to save them so they will always be there to choose from?

Thanks
  • Hello,

You helped me set up Google Maps as a profile. When I opened a new project, the google maps server profiles I created were no longer in GeoLayers.

Thanks
    Hello Mark,

of course, the profiles should be saved in GEOlayers.
    Do you have the latest version of GEOlayers 1.082  (Current version)  -  Oct 22, 2015?

Regards,
    Nico

• Hi Markus,

Working on creating custom map styles in Mapbox studio. And was wondering if there's a way to link those styles with Geolayers?

Ps. Love the plug-in, its the best man! 

Thanks,
    Ronald
    Hello Ronald,

nice to hear! Yes you could link those styles to GEOlayers, but only the older Mapbox classic styles are are working at the moment with GEOlayers. We are working on a new version 2 and hope that we can also get the new mapbox vector styles to work. But that takes a while.

Thanks for using GEOlayers.
    Nico
  • Hello,

Thanks
    Hello Mark,

of course, the profiles should be saved in GEOlayers.
    Do you have the latest version of GEOlayers 1.082  (Current version)  -  Oct 22, 2015?

Regards,
    Nico

You were correct. I was on one GeoLayers version back. Once I updated my GeoLayers versions, the map server profiles remained saved in GeoLayers.

Thanks again. Great product, great service.

• Hello,

A recent adobe update has disabled many 3rd party plugins/scripts, Geolayers included.

I know that this is an adobe issue and not a GeoLayers issue. I was just wondering if it has been brought to your attention and if you have any fixes for this.

Thanks a lot.

• Hello,

A recent adobe update has disabled many 3rd party plugins/scripts, Geolayers included.

I know that this is an adobe issue and not a GeoLayers issue. I was just wondering if it has been brought to your attention and if you have any fixes for this.

Thanks a lot.

Hello Mark,

of course this is a adobe issue. I tested it on my mac and the scripts are not automatically copied during the installation process from
    /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015/Scripts to /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015.3/Scripts. After copying the scripts to the new AE location the script works fine. Are you working on Windows or also on mac? Thank you for your hint.

Cheers nico

• Mapstack has several new options such as the CartoDB positron map. However these are not in Geolayers. Will there be an update soon? Also is it correct that mapbox is not working? I'm not getting a map whatever setting I try. I'm try to get the mapbox classic "light" style into geo layers.
    Thanks!
  • Hello,

Thanks a lot.

Hello Mark,

of course this is a adobe issue. I tested it on my mac and the scripts are not automatically copied during the installation process from
    /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015/Scripts to /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015.3/Scripts. After copying the scripts to the new AE location the script works fine. Are you working on Windows or also on mac? Thank you for your hint.

Cheers nico

I am working on Windows

• Recently when I am trying to pass a certain zoom level in a geolayers project that I am working on, I get an error that comes up. I had been working on this project for a while and the zoom levels I am referring to were not a problem at all while I was creating the project.

I had issues with after effects update and geolayers so I reverted back to a previous Adobe After Effects CC 2015 version to get GeoLayers functioning again. This is the only change that I can think of that would have made things different.

The error reads:

After Effects warning: Unknown BIB Error. Unknown Bravo Error, BRV, 0 (83::3)

I have no idea what this means or what caused it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • Mapstack has several new options such as the CartoDB positron map. However these are not in Geolayers. Will there be an update soon? Also is it correct that mapbox is not working? I'm not getting a map whatever setting I try. I'm try to get the mapbox classic "light" style into geo layers.
    Thanks!
    Hello Bram,
    currently we are working on a new version 2 of GEOlayers and I hope we can get CartoDB positron maps into it. I will discuss with markus how complicated it is, to add this Style to the current version.
    Mapbox classic style should work. Are you working on your own style in your own map box account or did you try the standard geolayers mapbox style?

Regards,
    Nico 

• Recently when I am trying to pass a certain zoom level in a geolayers project that I am working on, I get an error that comes up. I had been working on this project for a while and the zoom levels I am referring to were not a problem at all while I was creating the project.

I had issues with after effects update and geolayers so I reverted back to a previous Adobe After Effects CC 2015 version to get GeoLayers functioning again. This is the only change that I can think of that would have made things different.

The error reads:

I have no idea what this means or what caused it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Hi Mark,

first of all, did you try to copy the GEOlayers Script file to the new After Effects CC 2015.3 folder, as I have described it?
    Second, could you please send us your project-file. I'll have a look at this warning.
    Maybe you can try to delete all tiles in your project an finalize again.

Regards,
    Nico

The error reads:

Thanks
    Hi Mark,

first of all, did you try to copy the GEOlayers Script file to the new After Effects CC 2015.3 folder, as I have described it?
    Second, could you please send us your project-file. I'll have a look at this warning.

Regards,
    Nico
    Thanks Nico,

How do I delete all the tiles in the project?

As for your other questions, I have not updated to the most recent version of After effects again, yet.

The error reads:

Thanks
    Hi Mark,

Regards,
    Nico
    Thanks Nico,

How do I delete all the tiles in the project?

As for your other questions, I have not updated to the most recent version of After effects again, yet.
    Hello Mark,

I discussed the problem with markus and he said that this problem is known in the first versions AE CC 2015. Please update this version to the After Effects CC 13.7 from january 2016 (Not to CC 2015.3 -> Juni 2016) Or try the latest version and copy the script from the older folder into the new script folder. 

Regards
    Nico

• Will Mapbox Studio be supported in the new upcoming version of GEOlayers?
  • Will Mapbox Studio be supported in the new upcoming version of GEOlayers?
    Hi Brennan,

We're working on this. But I don't think we'll get it done for the first release of GEOlayers2 since its a completely new technology behind the scenes.

Best
    Markus
  • Hi,

I am currently getting a glitch when moving from one keyframe position to another. 

instead of a smooth movement from one keyframe to the next, the map jumps around hecticly in all directions, very quickly,  until it arrives at the final destination on the last keyframe.

There are only 2 keyframes present.

Thanks
  • Hi,

I am currently getting a glitch when moving from one keyframe position to another. 

instead of a smooth movement from one keyframe to the next, the map jumps around hecticly in all directions, very quickly,  until it arrives at the final destination on the last keyframe.

There are only 2 keyframes present.

Thanks

Hi Nick,

could you please send us your AE project-file. We'll have look at your problem.

Cheers,
    nico
    Thanks!
    Hello Bram,
    currently we are working on a new version 2 of GEOlayers and I hope we can get CartoDB positron maps into it. I will discuss with markus how complicated it is, to add this Style to the current version.
    Mapbox classic style should work. Are you working on your own style in your own map box account or did you try the standard geolayers mapbox style?

Regards,
    Nico 

Hi Nico, 
    I tried both, using the mapbox classic standard styles and a custom map... This did not work. I ended up using mapstack. With this as a result: https://vimeo.com/vanbram/reddingsmissie. Awesome option to integrate geojson datasets! The one I used was a little too heavy with 750 layers ;-).
  • Hi Bram,
    you did a creat work with GEOlayers. We would like to ask you if we can post your video on our GEOlayers Facebook page. Thank you.
    Have a create day.
    Nico
  • Hi Nico, 

Thanks! Sure you can.
    Best regards, Bram
  • I just downloaded the trial for GeoLayers, looks fantastic. I did try a simple animation with a map and it works fine, but I wonder what's the workflow to add a animated route into the map? I can't find any detailed information in the tutorials.
    I have a path saved as GPX and I was able to convert it to geojson with http://converter.mygeodata.eu/ .
    I guess I will purchase the license for geolayers to be able to import this geojsons, but the question is how to get that path to animate? I'm doing a video to show a car race..
    Thanks
    Cris
  • ...but the question is how to get that path to animate?

Hey Cris,

You can animate each path on a shapelayer by adding a trim path property.

http://www.videoschoolonline.com/motion-graphics-the-trim-paths-feature-in-after-effects-will-change-your-life/

And find this super quick tutorial about gpx tracks and GEOlayers:

https://aescripts.com/learn/1-min-tut-use-geolayers-with-a-gpx-track/

Best

Markus

• OK Thanks Markus. I'll give it a try.
  • My client wants geolayer flights from the globe (Sphere) to a 2D view and then 3D with mir at last. I´m working on this for a week and testing out the limits.

One Frontier i cant come accross ist the projection for the sphere. I was not able to recreate the needed distortion good enough. Can anybody help?

I want to distort geolayers quadratic look so it fits this distortion:
    http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view.php?id=74218
  • Hello Daniel,
    this is actual not possible. I think you can fake the flight from space with cc sphere and the visible earth texture. During the animation blend over to the Mir-Layer.
    That could be a little bit tricky in some cases because of earth locations.
    Cheers Nico
  • I´m afraid to say. Not possible isnt a option for me in this case.
    There must be a way to fake it. I already faked it by skaling and bezier Warp effect but this isnt close enough
    Any Ideas are much appreachiated
  • Hey Daniel,

Guess not possible in this case means GEOlayers doesn't support projections other than mercator which is the quadratic thing... I know that we had this question before, should be around in the comments here, but I think he also solved it with a warp effect.

I also thought about projections lot! But did not find a satisfying solution for all the stuff geolayers does. If you come across nice workflows let me know! Maybe we can implement some...

Best

Markus 

• Hi Guys,
    Couple of questions, testing the script and following the tutorial, I don't have the drop down option of creating or selecting 1 to 8 layers, I only have 1, I don't know if this is because I am using a tryout version. 
    I am working in a local TV station using the VIZRT Curious World Maps software for our maps. We will like to try your product, if it works, we will need a couple of licenses. 
    Who should I contact to talk about our needs and is there is a way to send a couple of our map animations to show you what we do and to see if GEOlayers will be able to replicate them?

Thanks,

Marco

• Hi Marco,
    this is because you are using the trail version of GEOlayers. Currently we are working on the next version of GEOlayers and we'll start a betatest soon. So I would like to invite you. The betaversion is one month full functionall. Please send me your email address and you will get the beta at the beginning of august.
    Cheers,
    Nico
  • Hi Marco,
    this is because you are using the trail version of GEOlayers. Currently we are working on the next version of GEOlayers and we'll start a betatest soon. So I would like to invite you. The betaversion is one month full functionall. Please send me your email address and you will get the beta at the beginning of august.
    Cheers,
    Nico

Hi Guys,

Couple of questions, testing the script and following the tutorial, I don't have the drop down option of creating or selecting 1 to 8 layers, I only have 1, I don't know if this is because I am using a tryout version. 
    I am working in a local TV station using the VIZRT Curious World Maps software for our maps. We will like to try your product, if it works, we will need a couple of licenses. 
    Who should I contact to talk about our needs and is there is a way to send a couple of our map animations to show you what we do and to see if GEOlayers will be able to replicate them?

Thanks,

Marco

• Hi Guys,
    I can't find where to do this step:
    • The first time you open the GeoShapes-tool within GEOlayers you will be asked for the 'world.geojson'.
    How do I do that? I was never asked me for the file. Am I missing something?

<EDIT> NEVERMIND, I FIGURED IT OUT
  • Hey Guys, 
    Two things: 
    1. I've been searching everywhere and I'm having a very difficult time finding a library of GEOJSON files. Is there an archive somewhere that you can refer me to? World Cities, US states, Provinces, etc?
    2. The program won't take files larger than 25mb, but I'm finding that when I do find a geojson file, it's over 25mb. What do I do in these instances?
  • Thanks Nico,

I sent you a message with my email. What's the best way to contact you beside this forum?
    Thanks,

Marco

• I send you a PN.

Thanks Nico,

I sent you a message with my email. What's the best way to contact you beside this forum?
    Thanks,

Marco

• Hey Jacob,

First step create a mapcomp.
    Then in GEOlayers click  the layers Tab. Then add a geo shape layer. A new window comes up. There you should see the World.geojson or ask where it is.
    If you see the word "World" and if you click it, on the right side "Afrika, South Amerika ..." comes up, everything is OK. 

Cheers,
    Nico

Hi Guys,
    I can't find where to do this step:
    • The first time you open the GeoShapes-tool within GEOlayers you will be asked for the 'world.geojson'.
    How do I do that? I was never asked me for the file. Am I missing something?

<EDIT> NEVERMIND, I FIGURED IT OUT

• Sorry Nico,
    I haven't received any PM. Can you please send it again? 
    Here's my email. [email protected]
  • Hey Nico,
    It looks like Mir has been updated and Fractal section does not include Amplitude X, Y, Z or Frequency X, Y, Z. Can you help me figure out the new steps in basic Mir tutorial that replace the steps that involve zero'ing out Amplitude X, Y and Frequency X, Y?
    Thank you!
  • Hey Nico,
    It looks like Mir has been updated and Fractal section does not include Amplitude X, Y, Z or Frequency X, Y, Z. Can you help me figure out the new steps in basic Mir tutorial that replace the steps that involve zero'ing out Amplitude X, Y and Frequency X, Y?
    Thank you!
    Hi Jacob,

should look a little like this:

We're trying to incorporate mir better in the future. But for now just set it up as on the screenshot.

Best
    Markus

• I am having an old problem that I had occurred during After Effects update before but for some reason I am having the problem again even though I have not had any new updates (that I am aware of).

Recently when I am trying to pass a certain zoom level in a geolayers project that I am working on, I get an error that comes up. I had been working on this project for a while and the zoom levels I am referring to were not a problem at all while I was creating the project.

The error reads:

I am using After Effects CC 13.8.0.144 on Windows 7 and I have checked that the GeoLayers Script is in the ScriptUI Panels folder.

I have no idea what this means or what caused it. I was assisted with this problem in the past and got it fixed but it has come up again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Hi Mark,

this is an Error that comes from AE rendering shape layers. It should only occur in the first release of CC2015.

Best
    Markus
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions