• It took me couple of hours to find out that I have absolutely no idea what is going on. The anchor point, actually the joint anchor is just on different place after the render. 
    Screenshot 2016-07-26 16.17.35.png
    1680 x 1050 - 136K
    Screenshot 2016-07-26 16.18.11.png
    1680 x 1050 - 194K
  • Hi Martin,
    There is a bug in the current version with rotated vector shapes. Try using a mask on a solid instead of a shape layer, or try rotating the shape inside Newton rather than in AE. If that doesn't help, please open a support ticket. This problem has been fixed in the new Newton version, but it's not publicly available yet.
    Cheers,
    Charles
  • Hi, 
    How do I install Newton 2 in the new AE 2015.3?  When I drag it into my presets folder, it doesn't show up under the composition menu in AE like it used to.  Is it just me, or is there something I'm missing here?
    -Nick
  • Love Newton, but it's not compatible with current versions of AE. There's a bug that moves the anchor point after render, making it basically unusable.
    Al
  • Hi Alan,
    Please open a support ticket (with your scene attached) and we will be glad to help you.
    Cheers,
    Charles
  • Hi there, I'm experiencing the same problem as Alan Boardman...

"Love Newton, but it's not compatible with current versions of AE. There's a bug that moves the anchor point after render, making it basically unusable.
    Al"

Did this issue get resolved?

Thanks,
    Jason.
  • Hi Jason,
    Try setting the comp resolution to 100%.
    Cheers,
    Charles
  • Hi there,

Another question... I add masks to all shapes before opening up Newton 2. I animate my sequence, render. Then look in my new comp and the masks of the objects have moved, so i'm unable to see the objects... I have to manually move the masks in order to view the objects. Plus the objects have moved position from where i originally placed them in the comp?

Thanks,
    Jason.
  • Sorry, it's the actual objects that move... The mask stay in the correct position.

Maybe i'm setting it up wrong somewhere along the line?
  • Hi Jason,

Please open a support ticket here and send us a minimal version of your aep.

Cheers.
    Val.
  • My AE version 2015.3, last update, crashes every time i go to Composition/newton 2. I´m on OSX 10.11.6 and using Newton trial last version. We are trying to evaluate it for buying a license but it´s quite difficult crashing every single time!!!
  • My AE version 2015.3, last update, crashes every time i go to Composition/newton 2. I´m on OSX 10.11.6 and using Newton trial last version. We are trying to evaluate it for buying a license but it´s quite difficult crashing every single time!!!
    There's an incompatibility with some Mocha Pro plugins. Please check those if you have Mocha Pro installed.
    Newton has been tested with AE 2015.3 and OSX 10.11, so if it keeps crashing please open a support ticket.
    There's an incompatibility with some Mocha Pro plugins. Please check those if you have Mocha Pro installed.
    Newton has been tested with AE 2015.3 and OSX 10.11, so if it keeps crashing please open a support ticket.
    We uninstalled Mocha pro and it´s plugins, but keeps the same... It´s kind of weird.
  • Please open a support ticket here so we can help.
  • Just note that people reporting issues with AE 2015.3 are in fact having issue with mocha3dimporter. We have a problem of compatibility with Newton2 and this plugin. You need to remove temporary this plugin in order to work with Newton2.
    This will be fixed in a near future update of Newton2.
  • Newton 2 Crashes as soon as I set a masked solid layer to AEmatic and hit play inside of the plugin. Running macOS 10.12 and AE 2015.3
  • I have Newton 2.073.  Is this a free upgrade for me?
  • Newton 2 Crashes as soon as I set a masked solid layer to AEmatic and hit play inside of the plugin. Running macOS 10.12 and AE 2015.3
    The issue was an object with scale set to 0%.
  • I have Newton 2.073.  Is this a free upgrade for me?
    Free for every owner of Newton2!
  • HI,
    I wanna make an animation with balls falling into a box. Inside Newton 2 the animation is great but when i render the balls appear superposed. I don't want this kind of overlay. Thanks for your help
    Best regards
  • HI,
    I wanna make an animation with balls falling into a box. Inside Newton 2 the animation is great but when i render the balls appear superposed. I don't want this kind of overlay. Thanks for your help
    Best regards
    Please open a support ticket and provide a minimal version of your scene and the version of Newton2 you are using so we can help you.
    Cheers.
    Val
  • Any updates on CC 2017 compatibilty?
  • Any updates on CC 2017 compatibilty?
    Works fine with CC 2017, do you have any issue to report?
  • Newton is not writing any keyframes. When I hit render, it seems to solve the scene and does the animation in the newton window but no keyframes appear on my layers after the window closes after render. CC2017. 
  • Newton is not writing any keyframes. When I hit render, it seems to solve the scene and does the animation in the newton window but no keyframes appear on my layers after the window closes after render. CC2017. 
    I figured it out, I had "Apply to new composition" selected. My bad. Seems to work great.
  • Hi, I install Newton 2 on After Effects CC 2015.0 (fresh installation), and I get this error:
    After Effects - Error: impossible to load plugin-in "Newton.aex" (127)
    (48::46)

Can you help me? :(

P.S. I install it on two different pcs, and also on an old After Effects CC, but I always get same error.
    I'm under win 10.
  • Hi, I installed into After Effects 2017 (\Support Files\Plug-ins\Newton) and doesn't appears into effect & presets pannel.
  • Hi, I installed into After Effects 2017 (\Support Files\Plug-ins\Newton) and doesn't appears into effect & presets pannel.
    Hi Javi,

Newton2 is not an effect. You'll find it under the composition menu.
    Cheers.
    Val.
  • Hi Guys,

Broke the bank and bought your amazing plugin, any chance on an update for the sample projects? They aren't working in my CC 2017 AE version.

Thanks
  • hi Neil,

Projects are working with CC 2017. Just load any AE projects, fire Newton2 and load the settings inside Newton2.

Cheers.
    Val
  • Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had a solution for the issue I am having?

I wanted to have a bank card fall onto the floor so I ran a simulation in Newton 2. I created the card in Element 3D, turned it on its side, auto traced the layer, then created the mask. I add a floor mask as well. I ran the simulation and all looked perfect. I then linked the Element 3D model of the card to the animated Newton layer and the card fell from the sky, hit the floor, bounced and rested on the ground. All looked good at that point. Then when I added a floor in Element 3D the card hit the floor perfectly....but then when it bounced up and down a little it went through the ground....and then when it came to the end when it was laying on the ground it was perfect again and in the right position. Now, if I move the ground layer down so the card doesn't fall through it, then the initial bounce doesn't touch the ground and also when it lays on the ground at the end it just floating in the air?

I have tried everything I can think of but with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Example images attached. Thanks.
    20161213_221732.jpg
    1062 x 598 - 587K
    20161213_221709.jpg
    1062 x 598 - 674K
  • Hi,

I've purchased the full version and I'm using it with Ae CC 2015 13.8.1 in a mac (OS sierra). I'm animating nine layers with around 200 ellipses (balls) each to simulate a fluid and when I select them and try to open newton it crashes. It crashes once it's done separating all the shapes into individual layers.

I can provide more info if needed I guess, but I can't make any progress because of this :(

Thanks.
    Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 1.16.45 PM.png
    1080 x 1874 - 415K
  • Hi Jonas,

Please open a support ticket here and provide a minimal version of your aep.
    Also please be sure to use the last version of Newton2.

Cheers.
    Val.
  • Hey,
    With my work I want to buy newton2. I work not only on the office but also at home, and so make use of two different Macs.
    So i was wondered if i can install the plugin on both Macs without this causing problems? Greets Liset

• Hi Lisette,

The license allows for the software to be installed on up to two computers as long as they are not being used at the same time. If you need to install it on more than two computers or use them at the same time you will need additional licenses.

Cheers.
    Val.
  • I have an AE render farm and use just the render engine on the individual nodes of the farm.  Would I need to purchase a license for each computer in the render farm, or will the plugin work on the render nodes as long as I don't need access to the interface?

Thanks!
  • You cannot use Newton in a render farm. Newton is not an effect, it only creates keyframes. Once your animators have exported the keyframes from Newton, you don't need Newton anymore to render your animation.

Cheers.
    Val.

• Is there any support for N1 anymore? Having bought it and used it so much a few years back I picked it back up again to do a job with it today and it is crashing on Cs6 and CC2015.

After Effects crash occurred while invoking plug-in "Newton"

I see I am eligible for a 'discount' but unfortunately do not have $99 to my name so it is a bit upsetting that I can no longer use it.

I have looked around the web for about an hour but found no explicit statement stating that support for Newton 1.2 is no longer but I am very curious as to why it no longer works on a system it used to.

I would appreciate any news/help or workaround as I have a deadline that is fast approaching!

• Hi Jim,

Newton 1.2 should still work CS6 since we have not change anything to it. We still offer support for it, version 1.2 was the last update (but dev of this version has been dropped).
    For your information, it still works on CS2015.3 on El Capitan.
    If you need more support please drop us an email: [email protected]

Cheers.
    Val.

• Hi, I'm trying to use Newton in conjunction with puppet tools, for a rag-doll effect. I've had some success with it, but at present it's a little circuitous, because puppet tools spits out nulls, and for some reason even if i add a mask to the null, Newton doesn't seem to accept it? So, I have to create an intermediary shape to parent the null to, to drive them through newton. So, the whole chain goes something like:

art --> pins --> nulls --> shapes --> newton

Anyway, it would streamline things a lot if I could just get Newton to accept shapes from the nulls; is there a way to do that?

• Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately, there's no way for Newton to accept Null. 
    Cheers.

Val.
  • Hi Val.
    I need to animated some dynamic circles, however I also need to circle scale/size to change as they bounce around. However keyframed scale doesn't seem to work in Newton, nor does path size.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Simon
  • Can I use Particular's particles, and then apply Newton to them ? For instance I want to make static shapes, that the particular particles would be able to sense and then apply physics to them. Is that possible ?
  • Can I use Particular's particles, and then apply Newton to them ? For instance I want to make static shapes, that the particular particles would be able to sense and then apply physics to them. Is that possible ?
    Hi Steve,
    You can link emitter to shapes, here's a tutorial: 
    You can also set a floor for the particles: 

Cheers.
    Val.
  • Thanks Val,

I know how to make particular bounce and react to a floor, let me ask another quick question... I have a comp who's mask changes in After Effects, so it morphs from a straight block, into a curved half-circle--and I placed a bunch of circles on top of that. When I go into Newton, it doesn't seem that I am able to keep my After Effects key-framed shape, so the circles should conform to the half-circular shape, when it morphs, due to the key-frames I have in AE. Even if I set it up as AEMatic, it doesn't seem to respect the shape morphing--how is this possible ? I couldn't find any information about that.

thanks,
    Steve
  • You won't find any information because it's not supported!

• It would be great if path and mask keyframes were supported to use with AEMatic bodies. by moving paths and masks you can really control and constrain movements of the dynamic bodies. Do you think this is something that would be supported in the future ?
  • It would be great if path and mask keyframes were supported to use with AEMatic bodies. by moving paths and masks you can really control and constrain movements of the dynamic bodies. Do you think this is something that would be supported in the future ?
    We are trying to improve Newton all the time. Your request has been noted.
  • Hi there,

Just going to give the trial a go before hand. But before I purchase this, can I install this product onto two computers so I can have it on my laptop and desktop, or would I have to uninstall and reinstall each time I want to swap from one device to the other?
  • Hi there,

Just going to give the trial a go before hand. But before I purchase this, can I install this product onto two computers so I can have it on my laptop and desktop, or would I have to uninstall and reinstall each time I want to swap from one device to the other?
    Our license is granted for 2 computers: one "work" and one "mobile" or "home".
    Please check our EULA on the product page, next to the price.
    Cheers.
    Val