• This is great!  Question: Can you add video to each page once the book has been generated?  that would be a great possibility.  Also, once a book is created, can that be a baseline for building a pop-up book?  Thanks.
  • Hi, Mitch.
    After you create a book, you can add to the page that you want to do this, go to the page precompose by double-clicking.
    If you do not use the curvature of pages, you can link the picture to the visible pages. If it will automate this process, I will add it in the next version.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Andrey
  • This looks good, what are the render times for say a 20 page book? I previously bought a template for a 3D book and it took 270 hours to render a 50 page book.

Thanks!

• Thanks for making this plugin! I had a couple things that may interest you:

1. I made a book with 200 pages and a few of the pages are out of order. Luckily not a huge deal with this project, but maybe worth looking into.
    2. Is there a way to have a 1-sided book option? IE Only having the pages appear on the right or left pages, but not both.
  • Hi, Michael.
    The script is only Book Rig. Time rendering depends on the complexity of the scene.

Hi, Nick.
    1. The script does not sort pages in the folder, it takes them in the order in which they are provided AE.
    2. Now there is no such option. But you can duplicate pages in the folder. What is it for and how you will use it?
  • Hi, Nick.
    1. The script does not sort pages in the folder, it takes them in the order in which they are provided AE.
    2. Now there is no such option. But you can duplicate pages in the folder. What is it for and how you will use it?

I'm flipping through 200 different images, but the client didn't want it to look like a book, so this plugin has been useful in helping me flip through the images, but in more of a Rolodex fashion. My workaround is how you'd described, I created a white image and duplicated it enough to be the covers and the left pages. I then had to relabel each comp/image so it lined up in the right order in the book. It's a bit of a hack for sure, but it's been useful in that way.

I have come across a problem with the book and I'm not sure what the deal is. I attempted to loopOut() the comp pages to play the loopable animations continuously, when I typed the expressions in, there were some other expression errors and even after deleting the expressions, the book seems to have broken. I'll just start again from scratch, but that seemed like an issue you guys might be interested in looking into. 

• Two quick questions:

1) Can you change the shape of the book if you have wider pages?
    2) Can you make the book look like magazine, just something without the larger hard cover and spine (or with the spine to say 1%)?
  • Hi, Kirt.
    1. Yes. The shape of the book depends on the size of the pages and support alpha chanel of the pages.
    2.1 Cover of the Book created automatically and can be disabled manually.
    2.2 Yes. The height and width of the spine of the book is animated values in effects pannel (Book Thickness, Spine Thickness).
    Download a TRY version and check it yourself.

Thanks
    Andrey
  • Hey team...

I am sure I am about to look like a doofus here, but I am seemingly unable to get the script to work. 

I *think* I am following instructions and when I get to "click button" noting seems to be happening. The button seems to highlight with a slight blue underline and that's it.

Again, sure I am missing something you have already explained here somewhere, but could you advise?

Running CC2015 (latest update) on a PC. Thank you!

-O
  • Hi, Orin.
    I checked out the script to the latest version (СС2015.2) and it works.
    Repeat the procedure to test:
    1. Open the demo project ( Sample project(CS6).aep )
    2. Select "Pages" folder in Project Panel.
    3. Activate "MAIN COMP" in Composition Panel.
    4. Press "3D Flip Book" button.
    If something goes wrong open a support ticket for direct help.

Thanks
    Andrey
  • I have downloaded trial and each time I have activated the sample project it sits on 99% and doesn't go any further,
    I don't want to buy the script if this is going to happen... any ideas would be helpful.

• Hi, Paddy.
    Purchase will not solve the problem.
    Provide information about your system, the software version and we will try to help you.

Thanks
    Andrey
  • I am a Japanese users.
    I want to use this script in Japanese manga.
    Could you with the option to open from left to right.
  • Hi, Hisayasu.
    For the opening a book from left to right you need to change the animation settings to the opposite.

open from left to right: Open: 100 -> 50
    pages turn left to right: Pages Turn: 100 -> 0

Thanks
    Andrey
  • Hello, Andrey

I was able to!

THX!

Hisayasu
  • Really easy to use. Too bad the lights and shadows of AE are not usable.

Andres
  • Hi, Andres.
    You can use light and shadow. To do this, uncheck "Shy" switch, select all visible layers of the book and set ON "Cast Shadows".

Andrey
  • Hi Andrey,

I need the animation to be 40 seconds but the book disappearing after 10 seconds. All my composition are set to 40 seconds.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
  • Hi, David.

There are two options:
    1. Change the length of the composition after the creation of the book.
    2. Initially, the pages for the book were precomp or media file length of 10 seconds.

Maybe in the next version will add the creation of the book longer than 10 times the length of the composition.
    And timeremapping precomposed pages.
  • Hi,

I set all the compositions to 40 seconds and extended the layers to match but its still disappearing after 10 seconds in the main comp.  ;-(
  • Hi, David.
    Very strange. Open a support ticket and upload project file for direct help.
  • Hi there, firstly, this is beautiful work. I used it when it first came out and was delighted, but now I need it for a project, the "page warp" does not seem to work at all, the pages stay straight. I tried with two different computers, OS X and Win 10 but it didn't change a thing. Would this be because of an AE update? I'm using version 13.7.1.6.
  • Hi, Alexandre.

"Page warp" work only with "Ray-traced 3D" Renderer.
    Select "Ray-traced 3D" in Composition Settings/Advanced/Renderer:

Andrey

• Is there a way to have the book open and then pause for a few seconds and then flip to the next page.?   I noticed that as a page flips and then rests..the following page has already started to flip.  is there a way to have both pages come to a rest for a frame or two? love this product and intend to use it a lot. 
  • Hi, James.
    This is possible by setting of animation keys.
    For flip a one page set "Page Follow" to 0.
  • Which is the price for commercial use, please?

In order to create (and then sell them) a lot of videos, and in each video it will appear one different children's story, I mean, for example:
    1-Create a video (and then sell it to the schools and internet users) with 3D Flip Book about a story of Red Riding 
    2-Create ANOTHER different video, but also WITH THE SAME "3D Flip Book", about a story of a Dragon
    3-Create again, a third different video about a different children story, but also WITH THE SAME  "3D Flip Book", In total create a lot of differents story for children and sell it from my page to users, and etc

I wonder, ¿I must pay 29.99 dollars for EVERY, each one of the different video/product? Because if so, I don't have much money to buy it, many times as differents videos's stories for children in order to sell it (commercial use).

Thanks

• Hi, Arthur.
    You must pay only once and used many times.
    Thanks!
  • Hi Froggy, then you mean That I don't have to pay 29.99 dollars for each time I create a video and I sell it, I mean, is not 29.99 dollars only for 1 single product end, rigth?¿ I can Pay you 29.99 dollars and the use the script for a multiple different end products and sell them, (commercial purposes), correct?

it's important to me, thanks (sorry my misspelling, I use translator)
  • Hi, Arthur.
    You are right. You have to pay 29.99 once and use it all time you need.
    Thanks!
  • Hi,

I am trying this at the moment. I have the same problem as another user David Kalsky explained. My project is about 30 seconds long but everything disappear after 10 seconds. Like him I also made sure that all the compositions include in the project are 30 seconds in duration and extended all of them individually. Then I set the duration of the Main Comp to 30 seconds and extended / Time Stretch it to 30 seconds. But still I get to see the dark grey background and nothing else after 10 seconds (the original duration).

So, did you find a fix for David Kalsky? Could you please share it here?

Thanks,

Ameet
  • Hi, Ameet
    When you create a book, each page is created with a duration of 10 seconds.

You can restart the creation of the book, with the duration of the main composition of 30 seconds.
    Or Edit each page manually.

Within a couple of days I will prepare a new release in which the duration of the page will link with the reserve (10 times longer)

Andrew
  • Can I export to a 3D model to import to C4D ? Because I want to create AO and shadow for more realistic ? :3
  • This script can not do this.
  • Hi, Ameet
    When you create a book, each page is created with a duration of 10 seconds.

You can restart the creation of the book, with the duration of the main composition of 30 seconds.
    Or Edit each page manually.

Within a couple of days I will prepare a new release in which the duration of the page will link with the reserve (10 times longer)

Andrew
    I see there is a new version released on July 20, 2016

1.2  (Current version)  -  Jul 20, 2016
    Pages overtime duration. (Still, Loop, Pingpong)

So, does this release solve the issue?
    And what else?

Thanks,

Ameet
  • Hi, Ameet.
    Yes.
    Now
    pages have a length of 10 times greater than Main composition. Pages will not be turned off.
  • I tried the trial and before I purchase I have just a couple of questions;

Are you able to rotate the book so that it stands up more (as if to face an audience)?

Are you able to change the color of the back and front cover?

Are you able to paste in your material on the pages rather than type in the info?

Thank you

Dawn
  • Hi, Dawn.
    1. Yes. The book is a 3D model and can be rotated by any party.
    2. 3. Each page and the cover is a AV-layer (composition, image file, video file) you can create and edit their.

Thanks
    Andrew

• The 3D Flip Book button did not appear for me in After Effects CC 2015.2, so I had to open the 3D Flip Book.jsx script manually by navigating to File->Scripts->Run Script File.
  • Hi, Joseph.
    If you copy 3D Flip Book.jsx to \Adobe After Effects CC 2015.3\Support Files\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels\, the menu item will appear in the Window tab after restart.
  • Hallo, Froggy team, from Germany!

my question: I saw that this product is with AE CS 6 Version compatible.
    I have AE CS5, if my version compatible with this 3D Flip Book?

Thanks,
    Vicky
  • Hi, Vicky.
    I do not have CS5 version, but you can click the TRY button and check it out.

Thanks,
    Andrew
  • Oops, sorry.
    Current version supports CS4, CS5, CS5.5 and above. (I forgot to edit the Compatibility tab).
    But I advise you to first try a trial version.

Viel Glück
    Thanks

• Hi Andrew,

I´ve installed "Try me" version as it was proposed in AE ScriptUI Panels, allowed scripts to write files in After Effects.

Its ok that my CS5 Version can´t open the Sample project, cause its made for CS6.

But I can´t also to start... Where is this folder, which containing the pages?.... I can´t find them....
    And when I´m trying to click on the button, I have the same: "The folder containing the pages is not selected".

• Hi, Vicky.
    I saved the Sample project in CS4 version.
    Please download a TRY version again.
    You create a pages of a book and put them in a separate folder. Pages can be a compositions or a footages.

Thanks,
    Andrew
  • Hello Froggy team!

I build a book, add content to the pages and then I note that I have not enough pages.
    My question:
    Is it possible to add pages after building a book?

Thank you!
  • Hi, Jasmin.

Unfortunately no.
    It is necessary to put more pages in a folder and create a book again.

Thanks
  • I just purchased your product.  Can you tell me how to add additional pages?  Also, can I make the pages varying times?  In other words, one page would be 10 seconds, another page 5 seconds, another page 15 seconds, etc.
  • Hi, Mike.
    1. Only put more pages in a folder and create a book again.
    2. For each page creates a composition to 10 times longer than the composition in which the book is created. Repeating the content of the page you can configure ("Page LoopOut" - "Still/Cycle/PingPong").
  • "For each page creates a composition to 10 times longer than the composition in which the book is created. Repeating the content of the page you can configure ("Page LoopOut" - "Still/Cycle/PingPong")."

Im not sure what you mean by this.  Can you explain?
  • If the video on the page is shorter than the composition with the book, you can select the type of cycle.
    Still - Freeze end frame, Cycle and PingPong - loop type.

Also you can to manually edit the page after the creation of the book (adding elements and animation).