• Another great and useful script .. Many thanks Kevin!
    Greets .. asART. 3D & motion graphics
  • Nice script but I have some problems with two things.
    1. Continuing motion doesn't work properly with ratios <= 50%. 50% speed creates no further motion at all while i.e. 10% creates reverse motion.
    2. creating spatial movement out of rotation keyframes creates x/y movement even though only the x-axis is selected as target.
  • Hi Derek,
    Thank you for checking out MatchRate and for this valuable feedback. I had a quick look and I was able to replicate the first issue (regarding reverse motion and percentages). I was not able to see the second issue, however. I will have a deeper look this evening - I'll get back with an updated version of the script and a screencast of how I'm getting the rotation keyframe rate to apply to the position property.
  • Hi Kevin,

thanks for your reply. I just tried rotation to position again and it worked just fine. I will keep an eye open if this happens again and what script I was using prior to Matchrate since sometimes some variables seem to have an impact on one another.

Derek
  • Glad to here rotation worked for you. The other was bugging me (no pun intended), so I've fixed it. You can now download v1.1! The script was basing the percentage on the first keyframe in the layer, no matter what. Now it's the first selected keyframe. Let me know if you have any more issues.

Thanks again, Derek!
  • I am getting an " Unable to execute script at line 49. staticTextDimensions is undefined" error. I'm trying to get the rate of rotation on a graphic.
  • Hi David,
    Sorry you're having trouble with the script. I'll take a look and get back to you with an update.
  • Ditto "unable to execute"
  • Hello,
    The last version (1.1) was working when I uploaded it though I'm not sure how. I've uploaded a new version (1.2) with the staticTextDimensions variable defined. Please let me know how this works for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • I only did a quick test, But not getting the line 49 error. And it worked as advertised.
    A note to you (and other developers) I purchased this script at 4.00, initially. I have bought a lot of scripts and have learned to spend less than the recommended while I try it out, and then if I find it as useful and workable as it seems it will be, I "re-purchase:.

The utility seems to be there, I truly appreciate your quick turn around on bug fixing.....

I will be back :) Kevin L
  • Hi Kevin, solid Irish name you have. That's very kind of you to say. Good on you!
  • MatchRate is really one of my favourite scripts , I can't imagine the after effects without it :)
  • MatchRate is really one of my favourite scripts , I can't imagine the after effects without it :)
    That's really nice of you to say, thank you basem alideeb!
  • Little bug stops the script from running in CS6. Error message is: "unable to create temporary image file".

The bug is fixed for "bq_Shape Layer Navigator". From its version history:
    + Fixed "Unable to create temporary image file" Errors (CS6 and earlier) :: an Adobe bug causes these errors for some CC and earlier users when first launching the script, preventing the script from running entirely. It seems sometimes After Effects has issues creating the icon images, and sometimes it doesn't. Go figure. THE FIX: Copy the new folder "bq_ShapeLayerNavigator" to your ScriptUI Panels folder. This folder contains the images needed for the icon buttons, which bypasses this error and allows the script to run normally.

Can you share these images with us to fix it?

Thanks
  • Little bug stops the script from running in CS6. Error message is: "unable to create temporary image file".

The bug is fixed for "bq_Shape Layer Navigator". From its version history:
    + Fixed "Unable to create temporary image file" Errors (CS6 and earlier) :: an Adobe bug causes these errors for some CC and earlier users when first launching the script, preventing the script from running entirely. It seems sometimes After Effects has issues creating the icon images, and sometimes it doesn't. Go figure. THE FIX: Copy the new folder "bq_ShapeLayerNavigator" to your ScriptUI Panels folder. This folder contains the images needed for the icon buttons, which bypasses this error and allows the script to run normally.

Can you share these images with us to fix it?

Thanks 

Hi Jakob,
    'MatchRate' doesn't have any icon images. Did you mean to post this for my script 'Overlap'? Thanks.
  • Sorry, the plugin does not work in the AE 2020 version, you cannot set the time, this function is not available, and is grayed out. and interest is also not available, please help with this 

• Hi Maxim,
    Thanks for using MatchRate. The script does work for me in AE 2020 and AE 2021.

The Time Remap property is not greyed out. The Time Remap property's checkbox is greyed out because there is only one property animating: time. The checkboxes are only enabled when there are multiple properties changing (which is typically the transforms: position, scale, & rotation which have multiple dimensions).

Here is a screenshot showing that the middle frame in the 24fps, 10s TimeRemap animation (which was create with MatchRate) is in the correct place:

In this screenshot, I have moved the ending Time Remap keyframe to 5 seconds, rather than 10 (so doubling the rate). When I create a new keyframe in the middle of the animation, the Time Remap keyframe is for 5 seconds, halfway between the original duration.

What do you mean by "interest is also not available"?
  • Thank you for the update. It fixed my issues. I was dreading this project without having Matchrate.
  • Awww, thanks Charles! Great to hear it!
  • First off, I use match rate all the time and think it's a great product!

I'm also curious though...Is there a reason you just didn't make the new version 1 button? Meaning, if I only have 2 keyframes on position and use the multi button, it does the same thing but faster versus selecting 2 button buttons for a single attribute. Seems to me 1 button does it all -  unless I'm missing something?
  • First off, I use match rate all the time and think it's a great product!

I'm also curious though...Is there a reason you just didn't make the new version 1 button? Meaning, if I only have 2 keyframes on position and use the multi button, it does the same thing but faster versus selecting 2 button buttons for a single attribute. Seems to me 1 button does it all -  unless I'm missing something?
    Hi Frank,
    Thank you for the compliment and question.

'Apply' works with whatever is produced from 'Get' and the Source/Target checkboxes. In this video demo, I start by applying just the X's rate of a property in animating in X & Y with 'Get,' 'Apply,' and the checkboxes. I then extend them all with 'Multi.'

'Multi' doesn't look at any of the checkboxes or the rate from the Get command and it won't apply the rate on a property with just one keyframe. It just uses the two selected keys of each of the selected properties. It's meant for speed if you're not doing anything custom with a separate rate.

I will revist the User Interface & Help section to make this clearer. Thank you.
  • lol, I didn't know it had check boxes. I keep it docked as part of my normal interface but I have the window closed down to where I only see the buttons. I originally got it in 2015 and have had it docked ever since - forgot there was more below.
  • That's really cool! I hope that it's been useful to you over the years. I'm exploring ways to just have one Multi button at the top for speed, an Invert and Percentage option, and a collapsible panel for the checkboxes for finer control. It's tricky because I suspect most people will just want the button at the top. If you have any thoughts, please feel free to share. Thank you for the notes!