• San Lis said:
    How many frames support this plugin? Does it is possible to make a gif with 1000 frames?
    Can I do a gif with 1400 px width size?
    Hi, San! Sure you can render any Gif of any size and length. Though note that a 1000 frame 1400px wide gif will weight a lot.
  • Hi ! As some people said, it would be very nice to have transparency settings. I just bought the plugin and I still have to deal with Photoshop to make my gif :/

Thanks !
  • Hi,

Gifgun won't render gifs from Comps with expressions in it.

Can you fix that? 
  • Hi,

Gifgun won't render gifs from Comps with expressions in it.

Can you fix that? 
    Hi, Nils! This has nothing to do with expressions, since GifGun works another way. Please submit a support ticket with complete system information, screenshots and log.
  • Cosigning the cosign. I LOVE this (9.9999999999999) but transparency is definitely needed. 

Nik Ska said:
    Cosigning the need for a transparency setting. Otherwise 10/10. WOrth every cent

Thanks, Miguel! We receive more of this feature request, and will definitely consider adding it in the upcoming releases

• I'm using the Trial version of Gifgun right now just to test it out. I see that I cannot change the "resize to width" option to be anything other than 350. If I buy this, will I be able to turn that off? Just double checking. 
  • I'm using the Trial version of Gifgun right now just to test it out. I see that I cannot change the "resize to width" option to be anything other than 350. If I buy this, will I be able to turn that off? Just double checking. 

Sure. This is solely a trial limitation
  • Nik Ska said:
    I'm using the Trial version of Gifgun right now just to test it out. I see that I cannot change the "resize to width" option to be anything other than 350. If I buy this, will I be able to turn that off? Just double checking. 
    Sure. This is solely a trial limitation
    Yaaassssss. Everything so far is working brilliantly. Can't wait to buy it :D
  • Hi, 

My GifGun has started leaving  a save project message when i click on the Make Gif button. It appears to run through saving the project but then gives the message for me to save. it then doesn't do anything, leaving an .avi in the render que. Any ideas?
  • V1.3 still giving me the 0% ready on Mac. 10.10.5

Please fix this!
  • V1.3 still giving me the 0% ready on Mac. 10.10.5

Please fix this!
    Hi, Dorian. Sorry to hear that. Can you please open a Support Ticket?
  • I have been using gifgun with no problems since I bought it. But I have one project that when it renders out the .gif file gets corrupted and won't open. 
  • I have been using gifgun with no problems since I bought it. But I have one project that when it renders out the .gif file gets corrupted and won't open. 

Zachary, please open a support ticket and send us the corrupted file so we could analyze it.
  • I own and love the product but I can't seem to get a transparent background.
    Please help.
    Thanks.
  • I own and love the product but I can't seem to get a transparent background.

Please help.
    Thanks.
    Hi, Josef. Gifgun doesn't support this feature yet.
  • My GifGun has some issues. I use it with CC 2015 and the first time I open AE the plugin works fine. After rendering the first gif the plugin is stuck in the "Here it comes" state. when closing the plugin and reopening the button get's unlocked but when rendering the composition only a .mov is created and no .gif file...
  • My GifGun has some issues. I use it with CC 2015 and the first time I open AE the plugin works fine. After rendering the first gif the plugin is stuck in the "Here it comes" state. when closing the plugin and reopening the button get's unlocked but when rendering the composition only a .mov is created and no .gif file...

Hi, Paul. Would you like please open a support ticket and send us a log file you would generate (described on the last page of user manual)
  • Hi! I need solve a problem with de output mode! dont recognize the "lossless output", i use Spanish AE, THANKS! 
  • Hi! I need solve a problem with de output mode! dont recognize the "lossless output", i use Spanish AE, THANKS! 
    As described in the user manual you need to create or rename an output module to "Lossless"
  • Is Gifgun compatible with the CC 2015.3 update?
    I tried reinstalling with no luck, it doesn't show up in the view panel any more.

UPDATE: I just manually copy and pasted all the info from the AE CC folder into the Script UI folder for AE CC 2015.3 and now its working fine.
  • Is Gifgun compatible with the CC 2015.3 update?
    I tried reinstalling with no luck, it doesn't show up in the view panel any more.

UPDATE: I just manually copy and pasted all the info from the AE CC folder into the Script UI folder for AE CC 2015.3 and now its working fine.
    I had the same problem of it not showing up under the window dropdown with the 2015.3 update. Your "UPDATE" solution solved the issue. Thanks!
  • Dunno what you have planned for v.2 but personally I'd love to see some way of getting the file sizes even lower, even if it means 'advanced options' to play with.  I'm no GIF expert but I can always get smaller file size with PS Save for Web. The roundtrip to PS is a bit of a pain though, which is the reason I bought this thing in the first place.  With some of the major social networks still pretty conservative on file sizes for gifs, every MB makes a difference. Great tool though, thanks.
  • Anyone else have trouble with latest adobe update? I cannot get the script to appear in window. Even when changing preferences and installing again
  • Is there anyway to change from optimized to UNoptimized?
    Thanks!
  • Is there anyway to change from optimized to UNoptimized?
    Thanks!

Hi, Michael! What do you mean by "Optimized" and "Unoptimized"?
  •  I can't get a transparent background 。。。。
    I wish to join this feature as soon as possible
  • I had no issues with this in AE 2015.2 on Mac OS (v1.1). I've since upgraded to 10.11.5 and AE 2015.3 and it hangs at 0% in 2015.2 and it hangs at 0% in 2015.3 but it keeps blinking to some other text that I can't read because it happens so quickly. It renders the lossless file and then never makes the gif. I haven't gone back to 2014 to test it. I wonder if some Mac OS change made this happen, because the changelog shows that these bugs should be fixed.
  • Hi Nik,

Is there anyway to setup GifGun to do batch exports?  

Anyone else here know of any scripts or ways to combine with Templater maybe?

Thanks,

Mike Prieto
    Executive Producer
    Razorfish
  • Hello everyone,
    I just downloaded Gifgun and I have the message 'Lossless preset'...could someone guide me to do this manipulation please ??
    Thanks a lot !
  • 1.3.2 works for me again on Mac 2015.3. I haven't done the latest AE update. The only weirdness I saw is that it said 110%. But it finished. which is better than 0% and it not finishing. It also seems to do it quicker. Awesome!
  • Hi Nik! I really like GifGun! Is it possible to export an animated gif with a transparent background?
  • Hi, can't export at 60 fps, I select "as comp", but the exported GIF is very odd, 
    looks like in slo-mo 
    Thanks
  • Hi, I've checked the "allow scripts" box in AfterEffects, installed gifgun for After Effects CC 2015, closed AfterEffects, but don't see a gifgun window when I go to the window tab or the extensions menu. I've restarted my computer as well. I'm on a mac, OS 10.11.6

Thanks!
  • Hi, I've checked the "allow scripts" box in AfterEffects, installed gifgun for After Effects CC 2015, closed AfterEffects, but don't see a gifgun window when I go to the window tab or the extensions menu. I've restarted my computer as well. I'm on a mac, OS 10.11.6

Thanks!
    Hi, Hector. Well, this surely shouldn't happen. Do you have both CC2015 and CC2015.3 installed by chance?
  • Hi,

Is the 'TRY' version compatible w AE CC.2015.3? It doesn't seem to work. Followed all steps.

Thanks!

Magda./
  • Hi,

Is the 'TRY' version compatible w AE CC.2015.3? It doesn't seem to work. Followed all steps.

Thanks!

Magda./
    Hi, Magda. Please open a support ticket and send us more information on what exactly is wrong and description of your system
  • hello i`d like to purchase your product! it`s really important to know if i can export gif`s in alpha. As in your trial it`s not working! Please let me know if it`s possible if i`ll get a full version!:) thanx!
  • Is there any difference between this and PreviewGenerator?
  • Is there any difference between this and PreviewGenerator?
    We feel it has a better interface and workflow experience. 
  • it will pop up when i opened gifgun ~ is it right?
    螢幕截圖 2016-09-29 14.50.54.png
    434 x 109 - 13K
  • it will pop up when i opened gifgun ~ is it right?
    螢幕截圖 2016-09-29 14.50.54.png
    434 x 109 - 13K
  • Wanted to try out this plugin but doesn't work at all, and by the way i can't test 30 FPS with the trial.
    How can i uninstall it?
    This script has a package installer, so i suspect it won't only be a matter of removing a .jsx file from the scripts ui folder.
    Thanks.

P.s. i'm on OS X
  • Wanted to try out this plugin but doesn't work at all, and by the way i can't test 30 FPS with the trial.
    How can i uninstall it?
    This script has a package installer, so i suspect it won't only be a matter of removing a .jsx file from the scripts ui folder.
    Thanks.

P.s. i'm on OS X
    Hi, Filippo. Well "doesn't work at all" is not about GifGun. Please specify your issue. Of course you can't test 30fps on trial since it is limited to 15fps.
    To uninstall the script, go to your After Effects folder - Support Files - Scripts - ScriptUI panels and remove gifGun.jsxbin file and (gifGun) folder.
  • Hi all,

How can I install without the installer pkg on Mac??
    I can't run installers in work?

Thanks,
  • Hi all,

How can I install without the installer pkg on Mac??
    I can't run installers in work?

Thanks,
    Please open a support ticket and we can help you. Http://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Why is there no transparency option?  Gifs support alpha, come on!
  • Why is there no transparency option?  Gifs support alpha, come on!

Hi, Brian! We perfectly know that and we're going to add this feature. Though you have to know that gifs on alpha are of lower quality than the ones that match your bg color.
  • Love this plugin! I've been using it for a few months now, but the latest 1.4 version seems to have some kinks... Under the settings, once I select the options I want the box does not close after hitting "DONE" and the options are not saved. I'm currently on After Effects CC 2015.2

Thanks for your help! 
  • Really want to buy thius! but seems the demo is not working, following all the steps until it opens the folder, but no Gif was rendered in it.. :/ 
  • Really want to buy thius! but seems the demo is not working, following all the steps until it opens the folder, but no Gif was rendered in it.. :/ 
    Hi, Cyrus. There may be only one possible case for that – you are trying to render a huge resolution and/or length gif (it takes time). If that is not the case, please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1