Infographics Toolkit
  • Hello,

Having created two nulls and applying the beam effect, the length of the beam changes over the clip's duration.  

I would like to create a line chart where beam length is the y-axis and time/frame is the x-axis.  Furthermore, while the animation plays, each point on the chart would be plotted according to wherever the playhead is.  

For example, if at 
    time = 0 sec, the beam length is 1, 
    time = 1 sec, the beam length is 5, 
    time = 2 sec, the beam length is 8, 
    time = 3 sec, the beam length is 3, 
    time = 4 sec, the beam length is 4,
    time = n sec, the beam length is some value, x.

So, the bottom line is, can your toolkit be used to produce a chart that dynamically updates during the animation?  If so, how?

Cheers,

Quint
  • hi,

how can i add more data sets? 

Thank you

Best Regards
  • Hello Peter,
    In Infographics Toolkit you can create up to 3 data sets per chart.
    Cheers,
    Momcilo

hi,

how can i add more data sets? 

Thank you

Best Regards

• Hello Quint,

Infographics Toolkit creates a layer for each chart called "Help - Do Not Touch". In this case you can touch it. :)

Basically, this layer contains 2D positions of all values on the chart and they are dynamic. Since the chart is animated these values will change but they will give you final 2D position at any frame.

I've attached a quick 5 seconds animation I created for second value with the following expression on the Time properties of Beam effect:

v2 = thisComp.layer("Help - Do Not Touch").effect("DS1_B")("Point")[0];
    // This is the 2D X position of Value #2
    w = thisComp.layer("Dashboard - Theme").effect("Chart Width")("Slider");
    // Chart Width
    x = v2 - (thisComp.width-w)/2;
    // Calculate difference between 0,0 point and current point
    res = linear(x, 0, w, 0, 50)
    // Linearize it to make it work with Beam Effect

If you need any more help, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Cheers,
    Momcilo
    Hello,

Having created two nulls and applying the beam effect, the length of the beam changes over the clip's duration.  

I would like to create a line chart where beam length is the y-axis and time/frame is the x-axis.  Furthermore, while the animation plays, each point on the chart would be plotted according to wherever the playhead is.  

For example, if at 
    time = 0 sec, the beam length is 1, 
    time = 1 sec, the beam length is 5, 
    time = 2 sec, the beam length is 8, 
    time = 3 sec, the beam length is 3, 
    time = 4 sec, the beam length is 4,
    time = n sec, the beam length is some value, x.

So, the bottom line is, can your toolkit be used to produce a chart that dynamically updates during the animation?  If so, how?

Cheers,

Quint

mov
    mov
    Dynamic.mov
    12M
  • Hi Momcilo

Thank you for your answer.
    I'd need more than 3, so this is not possible?

Best regards,
    Marc
  • Sorry if this is obvious, but is there a way to remove the opacity settings for every layer, rather than having to edit each individually? I don't want the opacity animation basically. 

Cheers,
    Rob
  • Hello Peter,

Unfortunately, in this version it's not possible to make more than 3 data sets.
    We have logged your request and we will try to increase the number of data sets for next version.

Cheers

Hi Momcilo

Thank you for your answer.
    I'd need more than 3, so this is not possible?

Best regards,
    Marc

• Hello Rob,

We don't have an option for right now but we will add it in the upcoming version.

In the meantime I've attached a script I wrote for you that will go through all charts and disable opacity control. Just run in when you create all of your charts. :)

Script:

// Place RemoveOpacityAnimation.jsx into AE Script folder
    // Disable Opacity animation on all charts

// Loop through all comp
      for (var i = 1; i <= app.project.numItems; i++) {
          // Check if the current item is a Comp
          if (app.project.item(i) instanceof CompItem) {
              // Check if current comp is a Chart Comp
              if(app.project.item(i).name.split("_")[1] == "Comp") {
                  var currComp = app.project.item(i);
                  var numLayers = currComp.numLayers;
                  // Loop through all layers
                  for(var j=1; j<= numLayers; j++) {
                    currLayer = currComp.layer(j);
                    currLayer.opacity.expression = "100"; // Set Opacity to 100
                  }
              }
          }
      }

Rob Stone said:
    Sorry if this is obvious, but is there a way to remove the opacity settings for every layer, rather than having to edit each individually? I don't want the opacity animation basically. 

Cheers,
    Rob

• Thanks Momcilo!

One other thing - are there plans to have an option for the line on the line chart to animate differently - i.e. not as a whole, but for the line to expand from data point to data point, as if it was being drawn at the time?

Cheers,
    Rob
  • Hey Rob,

This is already included! :) If you go into Chart_Comp and select "Animation - Controls" layer yo will have an option for animating Line Chart from left to right using "Set 1 Animation" slider.

I've attached an image showing line chart with "Set 1 Animation" at 50.

Cheers
    Example.png
    1125 x 766 - 78K
  • How do I load in CSV files as you show in the tutorial?  The layout looks slightly different then the tutorial.
  • Hello,
    Please navigate to second tab and click the cloud icon to load CSV.

How do I load in CSV files as you show in the tutorial?  The layout looks slightly different then the tutorial.

• On the second tab, I see no cloud icon..... image
  • Hello, Please navigate to second tab and click the cloud icon to load CSV.
    How do I load in CSV files as you show in the tutorial?  The layout looks slightly different then the tutorial.
    My screen looks exactly the same as Brian Rountree's,  There's only 4 icons (the plus, notepad, garbage can, and 'x').  It's missing the cloud icon as the tutorial shows.  I've checked for updates and it says it's up-to-date.
  • Hello Matt,

I'll be at my desk in 8 hours and I'll look into it asap and release an update if needed today.

Please accept my apologies, I'm on a train right now and I don't have a PC with me to fix it right now.

Hello,
    Please navigate to second tab and click the cloud icon to load CSV.

My screen looks exactly the same as Brian Rountree's,  There's only 4 icons (the plus, notepad, garbage can, and 'x').  It's missing the cloud icon as the tutorial shows.  I've checked for updates and it says it's up-to-date.

• Hello, Please download the v1.03 and you'll see the icon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Hello, Please navigate to second tab and click the cloud icon to load CSV.

• On the second tab, I see no cloud icon..... image
    Hello,

Please download the v1.03 and you'll see the icon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Thanks so much for the update and very quickly too! I had to manually re-download and install the latest update because the update button didn't seem to be working on my end? Either way thanks so much for fixing the CSV button, appreciate the quick update!
    Hello, Please download the v1.03 and you'll see the icon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Thanks so much for the update and very quickly too! I had to manually re-download and install the latest update because the update button didn't seem to be working on my end? Either way thanks so much for fixing the CSV button, appreciate the quick update!
    Hello, Please download the v1.03 and you'll see the icon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey Matt,

Glad you like it! Update button is not for script updating but every time we release Style Update you will be able to download a new style for free. My team is working on a new style and we'll be releasing it very soon. Keep clicking that update button! :)
  • Oh okay, excellent! In that case the button's not likely broken at all! I've been playing around with the tool and it looks very helpful! I've got a project with lots of charts in my near future so it should save a bunch of time!
    Thanks so much for the update and very quickly too! I had to manually re-download and install the latest update because the update button didn't seem to be working on my end? Either way thanks so much for fixing the CSV button, appreciate the quick update!

Hey Matt,

Glad you like it! Update button is not for script updating but every time we release Style Update you will be able to download a new style for free. My team is working on a new style and we'll be releasing it very soon. Keep clicking that update button! :)

• Style #11 - Mystic Released!

Click "Check for updates" in the UI to download and install Mystic!

• Hello
    I keep getting expression error on "Help-Do not touch" layer right after I make a chart. 
    Can you help with this?
  • Joon Lee said:
    Hello
    I keep getting expression error on "Help-Do not touch" layer right after I make a chart. 
    Can you help with this?
    Hello Joon,

Can you please post a screenshot of the message?

Thanks
  • Joon Lee said:
    Hello
    Can you help with this?
    Hello Joon,

Can you please post a screenshot of the message?

Thanks
    Hmm
    I'm not sure how but it went away lol
    Another question, can I make my own template and make it a default style?
    I'll be creating one graph a day at least and don't want to customize all the time. 

Thanks!

• Hello,
    I'm trying to have an inline graph with 2 data sets animate differently than seems to be available - rather than have a delay per section, I want all the bars for dataset 1 to appear first, followed by all the bars in dataset 2. Is that possible?

Thanks,
    Rob
  • Rob Stone said:
    Hello,
    I'm trying to have an inline graph with 2 data sets animate differently than seems to be available - rather than have a delay per section, I want all the bars for dataset 1 to appear first, followed by all the bars in dataset 2. Is that possible?

Thanks,
    Rob
    Hello Rob,

Unfortunately, this is not possible right now. I added this request to our feature list.

Thanks
  • my "Documents" folder on drive "D" script doesn't work
  • When I click build in After Effects CC 2017, my charts are not appearing. I just get an empty presentation.
  • I haven't been able to get this to work at all. Is there something wrong with the that data that I'm using?

Many thanks

Ole
  • ole sturm said:
    I haven't been able to get this to work at all. Is there something wrong with the that data that I'm using?

Many thanks

Ole
    Hello,

What are those weird #### symbols in the CSV?

Cheers
  • Is there a way to scroll within the toolkit panel? If I make the panel as large as my entire screen, I can barely see what I think is the edge of the trashcan icon, and I'm trying to access the load CSV button. I also can't choose a chart type other than Bar - Stacked and Bar - Inline because there is no vertical scroll either. 

I have version 1.04 and am running AE CC 2015
  • Wish I was able to test the Line Graphics in trial mode! Bummed I won't be able to know if this will work.
  • I can't get my chart to work - I am using Bar Graph instead of Line graph which I intended to test (the trial limitations keep me from trying line graphs). Is there something wrong with this data?

Thanks
  • When I click build in After Effects CC 2017, my charts are not appearing. I just get an empty presentation.
    Same thing... please fix this.

Same thing... please fix this.

Hey Anthony,

I haven't had a chance to test it on 2017 yet. I'll update the compatibility as soon as I get the chance.

Current compatibility:
    After EffectsCC 2015, CC 2014, CC, CS6
  • Please make a CC 2017 update to this plugin, I recently bought this without checking the compability and now I am stucked with a non working plugin. When are you planning to release support for AE CC 2017?
    I dont like these cloud upgrades from Adobe, its too easy to just upgrade without thinking about the consequences when you are on a subscription and dont have to pay for an upgrade. I can imagine the struggle every plugin creator has, no one knows when, where and what Adobes next move are and people who buy plugins are more and more irritated when everything suddenly stops working. I have two other plugins that stopped work when I upgraded and now I have a major HELL to fix them without the plugin, cause there is no upgrade or the maker doesnt think its as important that I think, but in the end, you buy these plugins to make things easier and become addicted to them....
  • Has this script been updated yet? I would like to use it for my projects using CC 17.
  • Using trial version in CS6 - using 2 Data sets - click Create Chart - nothing happens. Reluctant to buy unless I get trial version create at least something
  • Plugin Unusable with AE CC 17.   Absolute Garbage.  Avoid like the plague. 
  • Is it possible to animate the %values in pie chart?
  • Any chance this would be working anytime soon in AE CC 17?
  • Looks cool, shame about the keyboard thumping in the tutorials. Enough to put anyone off even trying it. 
  • I can install old versions of AE. But I just bought it, and it doesn't work with CC2015, and it says it's compatible with it.

I get blank presentations.

Now what? Install yet another, older After Effects?!

Avoid this one.
  • So, I have installed 4 versions of AE trying to get this working. I kept having blank screens after creating the chart. Looks like others have too. Here's the fix:

Make sure you have your data formatted correctly. If you don't, all you get is blank charts. Watch the videos and add your data like he does. 

Title: 2015
    Data set value 1: 100
    Data set value 2: 200
    Data set value 3: 300

Title: 2016
    Data.... 300

And so on....

Also, this is compatible with AE 2017 and AE 2018 also. The key is inputting the data correctly!!!
  • Hi, is there a way to save your own style?
  • It looks like it doesn't work anymore in AE 2019? I have problems making pie charts, they don't show up.
  • Hello,

I have the following error:
    Infographics Toolkit folder in ~/Documents/Adobe/ not found. Please copy -Infographics Toolkit- from downloaded zip and place it under ~/Documents/Adobe/.

The Default Themes folder is in the ~/Documents/Adobe/ folder though (~/Documents/Adobe/Default Themes).
    What to do ?