Elastic Comp Changer
  • If my precomp has precomps, will this script also make changes to those? #compception :)
  • Yes, as long as your precomp is  unlocked.
  • Yes, as long as your precomp is  unlocked.
    Great! I paid the 20$ for it. It's something everyone needs :) Hopefully people pay for it.
  • Hi, 
    Thank you for this useful script 

I think Offset keyframes needs to be more adjusted, because it is not always works
  • I would be super thankful if you would add one feature to this script. Option to extend only selected layers/comps. That would make this even greater! Like now I'm working on a project where I need to make only few layers longer without changing other layers.
  • @basem alideeb: Thanks for your feedback! In order to improve the offset keyframes option, I would need to know more about what exactly doesn't work. It would be useful if you could send a project that doesn't work.

@Miika Turunen: Ok I will work on that, that would be a checkbox in the Options panel.
  • @basem alideeb: Thanks for your feedback! In order to improve the offset keyframes option, I would need to know more about what exactly doesn't work. It would be useful if you could send a project that doesn't work.

@Miika Turunen: Ok I will work on that, that would be a checkbox in the Options panel.
    Super! You dont (or maybe you do) know how useful this kind of script is! ;) Adding this one feature will make this one step more of a game changing script!
  • I paid the full $20 for this script. It's going to save me hours of work and tons of frustration!  Excellent work Mathieu!

Hi Mathieu,
    I'm sorry it works fine with me .. the problem was from my project it self 

Thank you
  • I have a couple of questions.
    In what way is this better than doing a simple time stretch on a comp?
    If there is a quicktime in a comp, does it get time stretched? If so, does it enable frame blending?

• Hello. It's a useful script and I would like to use it as often as possible, so I'm writing here the troubles I have met while doing it.

So, I have a layer that ends before the current time, but it has keyframes on it, and other layers that are active at the current time are parented by it. When I want to add 20 frames (let's say), it will not offset the keyframes on my parent layer (because the script thinks that layer is already over), so his children won't move correctly because of this.

At the moment, to use the script, I just extended the layers and put their opacity at 0 when I wanted them hidden, but I think when you iterate through the layers in order to offset the keyframes, you should do it regardless if the layer is active or not at that current time.

To be honest, I considered editing the script myself (as I've done before with scripts from aescripts that didn't suit my needs), but I think it would be better for this to be on the script that everyone gets :)

Might be as simple as changing this line:
    if(curLayer.outPoint>curTime && curLayer.locked == false)
    into
    if(curLayer.locked == false)

• Mike MacKenzie
    If there is a quicktime in a comp, does it get time stretched? < No.

In what way is this better than doing a simple time stretch on a comp?

That depends.
    If you want to extend the duration of a precomp that contains animation, timestretching your precomp will modify the length of your layer but it will also modify the rythm of the animation that is inside this precomp.

In some cases you might want to modify the length of your precomp without modifying the animation that’s inside.
    Using the term « Elastic »  might be a little bit confusing because you might guess that it timestretches your layers. In fact the script doesn ’t perform any timestretching operation.

Alexandru Preoteasa
    You’re definetely right, thanks for your feedback.

• Might be as simple as changing this line:
    if(curLayer.outPoint>curTime && curLayer.locked == false)
    into
    if(curLayer.locked == false)

It works for the in-Point mode, thanks for your help. For the Start time mode, the keyframes before the start time have to be offsetted while the start time of the layer is modified. As a result the script is slower than before, depending on the number of keyframes to offset. But now the keyframes are offseted even if the layer is not active:
    I’ve added a « Selected only » mode, so the script modifies only the selected layers, and resize the precomp if the selected layer is a precomp, and offset keyframes if needed.
    I’ve also fixed a few things, I realized that the time remap keyframes were not offseted, now it works.
    So even if the next version is slower, it should work better. I’ll upload it very soon.
  • Great to hear. Will be keeping my eye on this page so I can download it again when you're ready. Thanks again!
  • Version 1.1 is available. Time to upgrade!
  • And how exactly do I upgrade? 

When I go to My Account > My Downloads & Licenses and click Download next to "Elastic Comp Changer" I still get v1.0 :(
  • Yes, because this script is Name-your-own-price license, you get the new version by adding it to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
  • Hi there,
    really enjoying this script , it been a life saver for my tedious re timing tasks.

could you please add a checkbox to include or ignore locked layers, that would be really helpful to me.

super awsome script by the way

• Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. Allright, I'll add an "unlocked layers only" option.
    I'll give a shout in this thread when it will be available.
  • Hi! Happy new year everyone!

Elastic Comp Changer 1.2 is available. It has a new UI and a new option.
    Now there's a checkbox to include locked layers.

Here's how to upgrade.

• everyone should pay for this script, it's really useful
  • I'm surprised I don't know this but I honestly need to ask for clarification.
    What's the difference between a layers start time and in point?
    Thanks,
  • Hi, this was the plug-in I was looking for years ago ;)
    I think another option could be useful : affect markers.

Thanks,
    Greg
  • Do you mean comp markers or layers markers?
    By default, layer markers are moved if the offset keyframes option is checked.
    Comp markers are not scriptable so this option may be available one day with after effects further versions but right now it's impossible.
  • Love the plugin, it's saved me many hours at this point. Extremely useful.

That said, I've upgraded to 1.2 and now the plugin doesn't actually do anything when I hit the "+" button. Tried using the different modes to see if it's just one of them affected, and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any thoughts or suggestions?
  • That's very strange. I would suggest to open a new support ticket.
  • Hi Mathieu,

Great script. I just started using it and had hoped selected mode would offset layers downstream in time as well. Now it just moves the out point but that doesn't seem that useful to me.

Say I just sequenced a couple of animated stills. Would be awesome if I could select a layer and change the duration, inc animation and all others would slip in line. You could call it magnetic timeline ';)
  • Hi Coen, thanks for your feedback.

You could call it magnetic time line< Sounds great!

But actually I don’t get what you mean ^^’
    Pardon my french but I must admit that a little bit more explanations would be helpful for this request.

So I’ll reply to what-I-think-I’ve-understood:

-offset layers downstream in time< the script only modifies what’s after the time navigator not before, so you’ll have to move it depending on what you want to offset.

Maybe you want the script to offset what’s after the selected layer not what’s after the time navigator?

• Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for getting back at me. What I tried to say is when I use selected only in the mode tab, the selected layers only have their out points moved. 

What I would find useful is that all the layers that start after the selected layers would be offset as well. It would be a bit like a roll edit in a NLE. 

Here's a picture:

• Hi Mathieu,

I think I misunderstood what you script does. I now see that I can accomplish what I want by parking the time navigator over a layer, run the script  and then on the next one. The scenario I tried to describe below would do the same thing but maybe a bit quicker.

Kind regards, 

Coen 
  • I now see that I can accomplish what I want < Enjoy!
    The scenario I tried to describe below would do the same thing but maybe a bit quicker< I'll think about that. The problem is how to handle keyframes in that scenario.

Kind regards,

Mathieu
  • Good script but WAY TOO SLOW when "Offset Keyframes" is selected.

It would be great if it was a lot quicker
  • Thank you for making this. It's saved me so much time on almost every project. :)
  • I need this, but for CC2019... does it work with 2019?
     No comments for more than an year has me a bit worried that it won't work.
  • Hi! So far, I had no opportunity to test it with CC2019. But I used it with CC2018 and it worked so I guess should work with CC2019. Still, the script has a Name your own price licence so you can give it a try for free.

• Hey, very useful, unfortunately I was hoping it would be able to add extra time at the start of a comp tree rather than just at the end. This is actually a more fiddly thing to do in after effects. Any plans to add this feature?
  • Hey, very useful, unfortunately I was hoping it would be able to add extra time at the start of a comp tree rather than just at the end. This is actually a more fiddly thing to do in after effects. Any plans to add this feature?
    I think foxRetimer does that:
  • Great concept but not working with CC 2020

It installs and loads, 

Working at 24fps
    30 sec comp (720 frames)
    Add 240 frames (=10 secs) (Precomps included, selected only)
    Result: 33:17 duration
    = 809 frames
    = 89 frames added
    = 37% of expected

I actually want to add 4320 frames to extend my original comp to 3min, but then it only adds 1861 frames...

PLEASE HELP

My only work around is to keep hitting the '+' button, but there's no science to that.
    Anyone have any ideas?

• Great concept but not working with CC 2020

It installs and loads, 

Working at 24fps
    30 sec comp (720 frames)
    Add 240 frames (=10 secs) (Precomps included, selected only)
    Result: 33:17 duration
    = 809 frames
    = 89 frames added
    = 37% of expected

I actually want to add 4320 frames to extend my original comp to 3min, but then it only adds 1861 frames...

PLEASE HELP

My only work around is to keep hitting the '+' button, but there's no science to that.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Having the same issue with CC2020:
    I want to add 6750 frames (precomps and locked layers included) but it only adds 1725.
    My comps are 30sec at 25fps.

If it could be fixed it would be such a life-saver.
    Thank you for the work you do!
  • I really can't imagine how I worked without this script, thank you very very much!
  • This is truly an incredible script, and I want to thank you. Its a GAME CHANGER!!! However, I have encountered an issue that I want to bring to your attention. When you have the colors of a gradient fill on a shape layer keyframed, it seems to break the script. That is, animation on the "Colors" attribute itself. Animating the Start Point and End Point of a gradient works fine. This is in version 17.1.2 of AE 2020. 
  • Hi Nick, thanks for your feedback.
    This is an issue I’ve never noticed so far.
    I’ve fixed the script, the update is available.

Now the script won’t break if you have keyframes on the colors of a gradient fill. But unfortunately I’ve discovered that this property cannot be handled by a script, so its keyframes cannot be moved.
  • This is an incredible script that I use all day, thank you for it. Do you know if it would be possible to add an option to move Layer Markers? I use Trigger (retime script using layer markers) and it would be absolutely incredible to be able to use these two in conjunction. Currently there's no simple way to add or remove X time in between layer markers that I know of. Thanks again for all that you do.
  • Compatibility only mentions up through CC 2017, and the last comment was in 2021.

That said - it looks amazing and would be so helpful to use.
    Does anyone have experience with whether it works with AE 2024, and/or are there plans to update this to a new version?

• Compatibility only mentions up through CC 2017, and the last comment was in 2021.

That said - it looks amazing and would be so helpful to use.
    Does anyone have experience with whether it works with AE 2024, and/or are there plans to update this to a new version?

Hi, Elastic Changer Comp Changer is compatible with the latest versions of After Effects. If you have a doubt, you can try it for free, as it offers a name-your-own-price licensing option.
  • Hey! I've been using this and is amazing! But in AE 2024 when you use it and offset keyfrmaes the colour of  the keyframes change to None. That's an awkard issue.  But is amazing anyway,Thank you!