• Looks too cool! Hopefully theres also some earlybird price :) Anycase this looks like a must have!
  • I could really use this for an actual project! When will it be released? Seriously, I need this!
  • Whoa I want that!!! Is it gpu accelerated?
  • Amazing!  Is it supported by GPU?
  • SICK! Is there an early sign up price!? I could definite use this for some upcoming work

• SICK! Is there an early sign up price!? I could definite use this for some upcoming work
    in all bloody deed !!! WHEN ???? ETA pretty please ????????
  • It will be released very soon.  Once it's released you guys can get all your answers :)
  • GPU on OSX please!!! It looks incredible!!!
  • hang on ... Lloyd Alvarez is behind this ???
    no-brainer._
  • Insane reel! Looks like it has vast potential! If you guys are looking for beta testers or people to make some promotion I'm very willing to help out. credentials: 
  • Will Stardust be released by the end of this year?  Thank you.  
  • How do I subscribe to receive news when this is released?
    Thank you
  • How do I subscribe to receive news when this is released?
    Thank you
    You can subscribe here: https://aescripts.com/subscription and make sure to check the "Also notify me of new products tutorials and news" option
  • I would love to talk with the developer about including full 3D forces based on motion vectors.  My research is here:

• Now *this* - looks like much more fun to dive into - than reading endless international political diagnostic articles over the next few weeks.... bring it on. 
  • Hey. It looks GREAT. Will it run on After Effects CS 5.5?
    Thomas
  • whether it can use animation presets in trapcode particular?
  • Sure would be nice if aescripts gave us the ability to "Favorite" or "Wish List" items... I'm going to have to rely on randomly rediscovering this after it's available.
  • will it be CS6 compatible?
  • So cool, can't wait to try it !!
  • Sure would be nice if aescripts gave us the ability to "Favorite" or "Wish List" items... I'm going to have to rely on randomly rediscovering this after it's available.
    There is a thing called Bookmarks in your browser. Just add what you like and you will be able to check back at it from time to time, once you see the button in the toolbar and remember about it :)
  • Early adopter mac only version available now!

The reaction to the sneak peek has been amazing and it's clear that you guys are eager to get your hands on Stardust. 

We are eager for you to try it as well, so we are releasing an OS X Mac only version for you to try.  We are also offering early adopters a discounted price.  

This will allow us to concentrate our efforts on fixing any issues that might arise and we will then release a Windows version shortly afterward (aiming for end of November).
  • Early adopter mac only version available now!

The reaction to the sneak peek has been amazing and it's clear that you guys are eager to get your hands on Stardust. 

We are eager for you to try it as well, so we are releasing an OS X Mac only version for you to try.  We are also offering early adopters a discounted price.  

This will allow us to concentrate our efforts on fixing any issues that might arise and we will then release a Windows version shortly afterward (aiming for end of November).
    Hi Lloyd

Will this be cross platform license? I have a MBP and desktop PC. If I buy this now and intend to mainly use it on my PC, will this license enable me to use Stardust on PC once that version is released? 

Ps. how long will the discount be available? :)
  • Will this be cross platform license? I have a MBP and desktop PC. If I buy this now and intend to mainly use it on my PC, will this license enable me to use Stardust on PC once that version is released? 

Ps. how long will the discount be available? :)
    Yes, the license is cross platform, you will not need to buy a new license when the windows version is released.  And the discount will be during the introductory period, not sure how long that will be yet.
  • System Requirements :

Mac OSX 10.8 and later, Adobe After Effects CC and later, 1 GB of RAM, 100 MB of hard drive space 

• What is the difference between this and Trapcode Particular in combination with Trapcode Form?
  • What is the difference between this and Trapcode Particular in combination with Trapcode Form?
    They are very different workflows. Stardust uses a node based modular workflow that allows for building many different (and complex) systems on one layer in a single 3D space.
  • I downloaded it to try, and anytime I attempt to use a StarDust preset, AE 2017 crashes with the message:

'After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking plug-in "Stardust_panel".'
  • I downloaded it to try, and anytime I attempt to use a StarDust preset, AE 2017 crashes with the message:

"After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking plug-in "Stardust_panel". 
    Can you please open a support ticket and include a crash log if possible so we can look into it further: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
    They are very different workflows. Stardust uses a node based modular workflow that allows for building many different (and complex) systems on one layer in a single 3D space.

Ok - thanks. I have some further questions. 

Is Stardust GPU Open GL accelerated?

Is Stardust After Effects 3D camera and light aware? I mean does it use After Effects 3D camera and lights?

How many presets does it come with?

Does it have a physics engine?

Can you make lights fall offs?

Will there be a demo to review Stardust?
  • Ok - thanks. I have some further questions. 

Is Stardust GPU Open GL accelerated?

Is Stardust After Effects 3D camera and light aware? I mean does it use After Effects 3D camera and lights?

How many presets does it come with?

Does it have a physics engine?

Can you make lights fall offs?

Will there be a demo to review Stardust?
    Yes it is fully 3D aware (cam, lights, etc) And it's a full particle systems so everything you'd expect is there. You can download the free trial for mac now. Just click on the green TRY button: https://aescripts.com/stardust
  • Windows version please!
  • Yes it is fully 3D aware (cam, lights, etc) And it's a full particle systems so everything you'd expect is there. You can download the free trial for mac now. Just click on the green TRY button: https://aescripts.com/stardust
    What about Open GL GPU accelleration and Physics engine?
    (I'm on Windows).
  • Yes it is fully 3D aware (cam, lights, etc) And it's a full particle systems so everything you'd expect is there. You can download the free trial for mac now. Just click on the green TRY button: https://aescripts.com/stardust
    (I'm on Windows).
    Some sort of GPU acceleration might be expected (CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL?), but please, stop asking about physics engine for stuff like Particle Plugins or Element. It is not a realistic request and it's not what you need! At the moment there are TWO things that offer you some sort of physics sim in AE: Newton (which is 2D but has a ton of options and you can link stuff through expressions and creat faux 3D - where you basically move things in X-Y plane and keep Z constant) or Toy Bricks (discontinued atm - not compatible with CC, but works up to CS6 - but, there is no way to get it any more).

To make things clear: After Effects is mainly used for motion graphics. It has its limitations, one of it being that you can't have living true 3D objects in its native workspace. Everything 3D which is not a plane (grid, whatever) is generated inside a plug-in and rendered into a 2D image. Element does this, Stardust does this, Particular, Plexus, Form, Mir, etc etc all of them have the same behavior. You can see how interaction between these is quite a complicated thing. Let's say you have a car on an Element3D layer and you are emitting some sparks in form of particles with Stardust. In order to make Stardust bounce particles off the car you would need a way to bring the car as a 3d object for collisions inside this plugin. Giving it the Element layer as a reference won't work because that is a 2D representation of the car. More so, you would need to reproduce the animation of your car (assuming it is moving) to be the same in both environments (Element AND Stardust). This would be extremely complicated, and, to be honest unrealistic goal. You have to use things for what they've been created. If you want to create particles that collide with things and bounce off, I would suggest to look into a 3D package like ... Houdini? There you can create fluid sims (like water and other liquids), smoke and pyro (fire, explosions) sims, particles acting as RBDs (rigid bodies - RBD comes from Rigid Body Dynamics), actual 3D RBDs, wire, cloth and any combination of these if you're good enough. Realistically speaking, After Effects is not the software you're looking for if you're interested in physics! I don't want this to sound like advertising, I'm not working in any way for SideFX, but might want to check out Houdini. You can watch tutorials which they have a ton on their website to see if you like its node-based structure (much like Stardust), you can even get Houdini Apprentice which is 100% free, and if you decide you like it, Houdini Indie (which is basically their main software with all the dynamics options) has a really affordable subscription price!

Now, back to Stardust: is there a place to see what people did manage to create with it? Maybe someone can post youtube links as comments here? I am on windows so can't get to test it myself, but would LOVE to see it at work, I think it's a real game-changer and frankly, I haven't been so excited for a plugin since Element!
    (I'm on Windows).
    Some sort of GPU acceleration might be expected (CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL?), but please, stop asking about physics engine for stuff like Particle Plugins or Element. It is not a realistic request and it's not what you need! 
    I don't know what you are talking about? Trapcode Particular has a physics engine being able to bounce on other layers and simulating going through air like turbulence etc. https://www.redgiant.com/user-guide/trapcode-particular/bounce-particles-on-layers/

I'm only asking if Stardust has the same possibilities. I don't need you to tell me what to ask or not. Neither do I need you to give me lessons in AE.

The next version of Particular could very well be GPU accelerated as Trapcode just rereleased the Magic Bullet Suite where several plugins have been ported to take advantage of GPU Open GL. That's why I'm asking if this plugin has the same possibilities. Or maybe he has considered to make it in the future.
    (I'm on Windows).
    Some sort of GPU acceleration might be expected (CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL?), but please, stop asking about physics engine for stuff like Particle Plugins or Element. It is not a realistic request and it's not what you need! 
    I don't know what you are talking about? Trapcode Particular has a physics engine being able to bounce on other layers and simulating going through air like turbulence etc. https://www.redgiant.com/user-guide/trapcode-particular/bounce-particles-on-layers/

I'm only asking if Stardust has the same possibilities. I don't need you to tell me what to ask or not. Neither do I need you to give me lessons in AE.

The next version of Particular could very well be GPU accelerated as Trapcode just rereleased the Magic Bullet Suite where several plugins have been ported to take advantage of GPU Open GL. That's why I'm asking if this plugin has the same possibilities. Or maybe he has considered to make it in the future.

Particular has one single physics option - and that's to bounce of a single plane. Turbulence, gravity, etc - those are forces / fields, those are not interactions between the particles and other objects and just by looking at the demo video it's obvious that Stardust has these. Quote from the actual presentation: Forces, Space deformers, Bend, Twist, Maps, Black Hole

I'm not telling you what to ask, nor am I giving free AE lessons, don't worry about that, it's just that it's the millionth time I see this "physics engine", "physics simulation" thing get asked regarding any AE plugin that has some sort of 3D capability.

(I'm on Windows).

Particular has one single physics option - and that's to bounce of a single plane. Turbulence, gravity, etc - those are forces / fields, those are not interactions between the particles and other objects and just by looking at the demo video it's obvious that Stardust has these. Quote from the actual presentation: Forces, Space deformers, Bend, Twist, Maps, Black Hole

I'm not telling you what to ask, nor am I giving free AE lessons, don't worry about that, it's just that it's the millionth time I see this "physics engine", "physics simulation" thing get asked regarding any AE plugin that has some sort of 3D capability.

Well if it's the "millionth time" you have seen this "thing" getting asked - then maybe you should stop reading these questions. Then you don't have to read it again and again and then I and others don't have to use time having a useless correspondance with you for no reason. 

I thought it was obvious for everyone but apparently it's not. So just to make it clear. When I'm asking questions about features for a new plugin I might want to buy - then my questions are addressed to the developer of the plugin. I'm not asking to get your opinion of the value of my questions. Neither do I want your anecdotes about all kinds of things you have read and how hard it has been for you. If I was interested in a conversation with you then I would go to a forum to discuss.

Now i'm directly quoting from Red Giants website describing Particular: "...Using Particular’s physics engine, particles can move organically through the air or bounce off of other layers..." http://www.redgiant.com/products/trapcode-particular/features/

So apparently even Red Giant are describing their own plugin in a wrong way. Because using the phrase "physics engine" is so hard for your to read.

Now the comments and questions about this product has been messed up because you had to interfere.

I suggest the developer to delete our conversation because it's not exactly contributing anything.
  • Please Stardust for after effects cc 2017 Windows
  • Hi, very cool product and like the ease of use. After playing for about an hour I haven't been able to find a floor or bounce option. Is that included in this?
  • All right I'm supporting this thing, just harry up with the windows release please!
  • I found some issues with the preset browser:
    - the browser window cannot be resized
    - the mouse-over with the buttons acts funny: "Add" and "Replace" are fine, but the "Cancel" button is recognized only on it's right edge and top edge.
    - mouse wheel scrolling does not work, e.g. in the folder "fire and smoke" the thumbnails extend the area of the preset browser, but scolling does not work with the wheel, only with the button on the right edge of the window.
  • It would be great if Motion Blur (Render Settings) would have an option to "use composition settings", especially for "on/off", "shutter angle" and "shutter phase"

This way you could activate motion blur for all layers in the composition with one single click on the master switch, instead of having to navigate to Stardust's settings separately. (provided the layer switch is activated for the Stardust layer).
  • When using a light and the shading option, there doesn't seem to be a difference between "parallel" and "point" lights. Also changing the light's "Falloff" type has no effect: "none", "smooth" and "inverse square" behave exatly the same. Also the "radius" parameter has no effect. Instead the "Falloff Distance" does have an effect, however, always, i.e. also when the falloff type is set to "none".

• I found some issues with the preset browser:
    - the browser window cannot be resized
    - the mouse-over with the buttons acts funny: "Add" and "Replace" are fine, but the "Cancel" button is recognized only on it's right edge and top edge.
    - mouse wheel scrolling does not work, e.g. in the folder "fire and smoke" the thumbnails extend the area of the preset browser, but scolling does not work with the wheel, only with the button on the right edge of the window.
    Can you please open a support ticket for a feature request? https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
    The window is not resizable, and scrolling is with the right bar at the moment. With time we will add more features to the preset window.
    The cancel button issue is being addressed, Its when there is a long folder path on top of the cancel button.Workaround - press 'esc'

• When using a light and the shading option, there doesn't seem to be a difference between "parallel" and "point" lights. Also changing the light's "Falloff" type has no effect: "none", "smooth" and "inverse square" behave exatly the same. Also the "radius" parameter has no effect. Instead the "Falloff Distance" does have an effect, however, always, i.e. also when the falloff type is set to "none".
    For Circle particles light is just a point in space as there is no specular applied, not all light params are respected, e.g the falloff param, other such as color, and Falloff distance do. With rectangle and textures you could add a Shading node to have more control over specular, ambient(parallel lights) and more.
  • There is a typo in the Emitter effects controls:
    When using type "Spline" then under "Path Properties" it says "Spline sapmels" instead of "Spline samples"

On the other hand: Some things are written with capital initial letters, some not, e.g. "Speed Over Life" versus "Path sample frame"
    Maybe you want to make this consistent.

• There is a typo in the Emitter effects controls:
    When using type "Spline" then under "Path Properties" it says "Spline sapmels" instead of "Spline samples"

On the other hand: Some things are written with capital initial letters, some not, e.g. "Speed Over Life" versus "Path sample frame"
    Maybe you want to make this consistent.
    Thank you for pointing that out. We will look into it.
  • Hi,

I really need this in windows. When is it going to be released for Windows 10? 

Thanks,
    Alex
  • Alex S said:
    Hi,

I really need this in windows. When is it going to be released for Windows 10? 

Thanks,
    Alex
    Hi,
    it is going to be released by the end of this month as they say on the web site...
    So waiting impatiently and we really really need this for windows...
  • Looks pretty cool...on a windows PC...just waiting for the windows version...tic...toc...tic...toc...