• SOLD!
    been trialing v1 and love it, so arrival of v2 is perfect timing. looks great, big time saver
    thank you :)
  • Great upgrade Francois. Modifier keys and effects with parameters are very nice additions.
  • Francois, for some reason ft-Toolbar keeps opening the script editor whenever I exit the settings box.  It also opens the script editor when I launch AE with a layout that includes an ft-Toolbar panel.  This definitely didn't happen in version 1.  Any way to turn this off or is this "normal"?
  • Francois, for some reason ft-Toolbar keeps opening the script editor whenever I exit the settings box.  It also opens the script editor when I launch AE with a layout that includes an ft-Toolbar panel.  This definitely didn't happen in version 1.  Any way to turn this off or is this "normal"?
    Oh sorry about that, some debug info were still there. I did upload a new zip file, it should turn it off. I didn't upgrade the version number but it is fixed. 

cheers, 

F.
  • Quel upgrade ! Un grand bravo François.
    Ft-toolbar était déjà un élément indispensable de la trousse à outils d'After, il devient un vrai must ;)
  • Quel upgrade ! Un grand bravo François.
    Ft-toolbar était déjà un élément indispensable de la trousse à outils d'After, il devient un vrai must ;)
    Merci beaucoup ! L'update aura pris plus de temps que prévue, mais c'est enfin là :)
    Oh sorry about that, some debug info were still there. I did upload a new zip file, it should turn it off. I didn't upgrade the version number but it is fixed. 

cheers, 

F.
    Great!  Thanks, Francois.  The update really is fantastic.  Look forward to more upgrades in the future!
  • Ok,
    Sweet.

A couple of things:

Possible to merge several XML files to make 1 big new toolbar?
    Now I can only make new or replace (of course I could copy paste...)

Instead of a pulldown menu - display all toolbars but with a divider (line or just more space) between them.

I did some sketches...

sketch_01.png
    637 x 189 - 58K
    sketch_02.png
    1146 x 120 - 54K
    sketch_03.png
    268 x 292 - 57K
  • Ok,
    Sweet.

A couple of things:

Possible to merge several XML files to make 1 big new toolbar?
    Hi Tobias,

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks!
    Merging toolbars and having seperators defined by users is already on my todos.
    I'll probably try to add those features in the next updates. I still have a few things to do first though.
    Note that if you use the export feature, the json will be nicely printed to make things easier if you want to edit directly.

cheers,

F.

cheers, 

F.
    Great!  Thanks, Francois.  The update really is fantastic.  Look forward to more upgrades in the future!
    Hi,
    I re-downloaded the script today and it's still opening the "ExtendScript Toolkit" whenever I open AE. I'm on Snow Leopard. Any ideas? Thanks!
    -Ben

• Hi,
    I re-downloaded the script today and it's still opening the "ExtendScript Toolkit" whenever I open AE. I'm on Snow Leopard. Any ideas? Thanks!
    -Ben

Hum, Could you send me a screenshot of the ExtendScript Toolkit in private message please ? 
  • loving toolbar 2!

if anyone has any good layouts I'd be interested. also ive found some commands hit and miss, perhaps there could be a google doc of handy commands we could use as a reference?

cheers,
    Simon

• A litte bug:
    There's no roll-over indication on custom icons as the old ft-Toolbar did.
    ft-Toolbar 2 do slightly lighten the standard icons while the old one, darkened them.

Also, it would be sweet if when clicking on an icon it would give an indication of actually being clicked on. Some scripts happens in the background and a visual aid could be nice.
  • Hi Francois, 

Incredible update, this is a fantastic script so thanks a lot for creating it!

I'm running into a problem though, I can't seem to be able to install it. The first time I open it (via Window > ft-Toolbar2.jsxbin) the popup for the licence activation appeared. So I entered my key, and then AE just froze. I tried many times but everytime I try to open it (still using Window > ft-Toolbar2.jsxbin) AE just freezes. I'm using CS4 on win7 64bit.

Weird thing is that it seems to work well on my AE CS6 instance, (but I only tried the free trial version, I didn't entered the key).

Any idea what's happening?

Thanks so much for your help.

• Hi,
    -Ben
    I also still have the problem.  Otherwise everything seems fine so far.
  • Hi Francois, 

I'm running into a problem though, I can't seem to be able to install it. The first time I open it (via Window > ft-Toolbar2.jsxbin) the popup for the licence activation appeared. So I entered my key, and then AE just froze. I tried many times but everytime I try to open it (still using Window > ft-Toolbar2.jsxbin) AE just freezes. I'm using CS4 on win7 64bit.

Weird thing is that it seems to work well on my AE CS6 instance, (but I only tried the free trial version, I didn't entered the key).

I'll get a CS4 windows version this week-end, I'll test it, maybe there is something happening there. 
  • A litte bug:
    There's no roll-over indication on custom icons as the old ft-Toolbar did.
    ft-Toolbar 2 do slightly lighten the standard icons while the old one, darkened them.

Also, it would be sweet if when clicking on an icon it would give an indication of actually being clicked on. Some scripts happens in the background and a visual aid could be nice.
    As far as I know, I don't have control over this. In my case on OSX CS6, I do have a Darker or Lighter button if I click or mouseover it. But this is how After Effects does it, I'm not controlling it. 

F.
  • Excellent tool Francois. Suggestion - when creating a new button, that new button should be the once that is activated and ready for editing. Currently if I have a button selected and I click new button the old one is still activated resulting in me changing it's parameters if I forget to click on the new button first. Other than that, great tool.
  • I made a few icons (attached) to be used for this excellent tool. They're not great but offer a little more than just a text button. Size is based on RB Aether icon pack (34x48) with label. Included are the following:

Time Remap
    Black Solid
    Drop Shadow
    Solid Settings
    Easy Ease
    Save Frame as
    Split Layer
    Vignette
    Flip Horizontal
    Flip Vertical
    Purge All Memory
    Ramp

Hope these are useful.
    zip
    zip
    Todd toolbar icons.zip
  • Is there a way that icons are aligned in the middle?
    Thanks!
  • It seems that the licensing portion of this script creates temp files that are never erased.  Kind of sloppy and maintenance headache for me.  Can this be address in a future release?
  • Francois - I'm finding that when I save a workspace with the toolbar in one of the panels, the next time I launch AE with that workspace it crashes. Removing that workspace, AE launches fine. It doesn't seem to like loading ft toolbar at the start. I can switch to a workspace with toolbar in a panel no problem, just on startup (which is a problem if you're working on a project and save it with that workspace that has toolbar open).

Any thoughts?

Mac OS Mountain Lion
    AE CS6
  • Excellent tool Francois. Suggestion - when creating a new button, that new button should be the once that is activated and ready for editing. Currently if I have a button selected and I click new button the old one is still activated resulting in me changing it's parameters if I forget to click on the new button first. Other than that, great tool.
    It is suppose to be selected already. I'll double check if there is a bug somewhere.

cheers, 

F.
  • Is there a way that icons are aligned in the middle?
    Thanks!
    Not for now, but I'll add that to my todo list. 

thanks 

F.
  • Francois - I'm finding that when I save a workspace with the toolbar in one of the panels, the next time I launch AE with that workspace it crashes. Removing that workspace, AE launches fine. It doesn't seem to like loading ft toolbar at the start. I can switch to a workspace with toolbar in a panel no problem, just on startup (which is a problem if you're working on a project and save it with that workspace that has toolbar open).

Any thoughts?

Mac OS Mountain Lion
    AE CS6
    This is mostly an AE bug which I already reported to them, but I would encourage you to do it as well : https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Anyhow there is a trick to bypass this bug, and as far as I know I did it already. I double check the code again. Thanks for the report
  • I seem to have it narrowed it down, for me at least. I had the LoadProject script running to load a default script at startup each time (obviously), once I pulled that from the startup menu there is no more conflict.
  • I seem to have it narrowed it down, for me at least. I had the LoadProject script running to load a default script at startup each time (obviously), once I pulled that from the startup menu there is no more conflict.
    So it does not come from Toolbar right ? 
    So it does not come from Toolbar right ? 
    It does come from toolbar if toolbar was loaded in a pane the last time AE was open. If toolbar was not in a workspace when last project was closed and AE is reopened with LoadProject script it will open with no problem. If toolbar is present in last open workspace, AE crashes when trying to launch LoadProject. My solution for now is to just remove LoadProject.
  • It seems that the licensing portion of this script creates temp files that are never erased.  Kind of sloppy and maintenance headache for me.  Can this be address in a future release?
    The files should be deleted, they are also written to the temp directory which should be auto deleted by the system at restart.  Do you perhaps have some kind of virus software that might be preventing the files from being deleted.  You can always open a support ticket for us to look into your specific case.
  • Hi Francois, 

I'll get a CS4 windows version this week-end, I'll test it, maybe there is something happening there. 
    Hi Francois. Have yo been able to test it on CS4? Altough I use both CS6 and CS4, I'm using CS4 most of the time (much, much faster), so I just can't wait to be able to use it there. Thanks :)
  • We are still working on a fix for CS4 so if you can work in another version for now that would be great.
  • This toolbar is the most valuable tool available for AE.  Thanks so much!

With my installation of ft-Toolbar 2... every time I open AE (I leave the toolbar as part of my workspace), it launches the Extended Script Toolkit.  Is that normal?

Thanks!
  • Greetings, Love this plug in, thanks for updating. I am trying to create a "save frame as file" button, but instead I get save as command. Any ideas ? 

Thanks !
  • There are some limitations to the menu commands. If the name of the menu item is used in more than one place then the first instance will be invoked. Unfortunately I don't think there is a workaround for this.
  • MENU command problem

I'm trying desperately to get the solid settings > make comp size to work but having now luck... can this be done or should i look at maybe an expression for example?
  • I have a problem - sometimes when I open the FT toolbar editor, I get a blank white ft-toolbar editor box. I have to restart AE for it to work again. any ideas?
  • I seem to be unable to dock ft-toolbar 2 in AECS6 Windows.  Please advise.  I must be doing something wrong.
  • You need to install it in the ScriptUI Panels folder and run it from the Window menu in After Effects. Please refer to this tutorial on how to install and run scripts: https://aescripts.com/faq/how-to-install-and-run-scripts/
  • Hi,

I've just installed AE CC - there seems to be some problems with the UI creation for FT Toolbar (and also in a couple of other scripts I have) - maybe something changed in CC with the handling of script panels?

The issue is that when I scale the panel down (drag the docked panel's edges), the scroll bar doesn't appear. Also, I've seen the scroll bar sit over the icons.

Have you tried on CC yet?

• Oh, and vertical arrangement doesn't work - that's when I see the scroll bar over the icons.

Let me know if you need screen shots etc?

• Ditto. Something has definitely altered in there UI scripting. Love the toolbar....

• Had a crash in Ae CS6 and when I restarted had lost all of my toolbar buttons, leaving only the defaut buttons. Clicking Edit button doesn't launch the script. Tried restarting, deleting preferences and updating the script... any ideas?
  • I have a problem - sometimes when I open the FT toolbar editor, I get a blank white ft-toolbar editor box. I have to restart AE for it to work again. any ideas?
    Can you give me more details on the what you are doing ? It looks more like a AE bug rather than the script.
  • Hi,

I've just installed AE CC - there seems to be some problems with the UI creation for FT Toolbar (and also in a couple of other scripts I have) - maybe something changed in CC with the handling of script panels?The issue is that when I scale the panel down (drag the docked panel's edges), the scroll bar doesn't appear. Also, I've seen the scroll bar sit over the icons.Have you tried on CC yet?
    This is a known issue, I didn't have the time to work on it yet. I'll try to fix it asap, but for now we are aware that TB is not yet compatible with CC
  • Had a crash in Ae CS6 and when I restarted had lost all of my toolbar buttons, leaving only the defaut buttons. Clicking Edit button doesn't launch the script. Tried restarting, deleting preferences and updating the script... any ideas?
    - did the crash was produced by the scripts ? 
    - windows or osx ? 
    - do you have a backup of your config file ? 
  • Any chance of having an option to have the icons centered in the toolbar. Now they are aligned to the right.
  • Any chance of having an option to have the icons centered in the toolbar. Now they are aligned to the right.
    It's in my todo list :) 

cheers, 

F.
    - did the crash was produced by the scripts ? 
    - windows or osx ? 
    - do you have a backup of your config file ? 

Hey Francois,
    It was a crash caused when I selected the Raytraced renderer on OSX 10.8. I do have a backup config file I can source from Time Machine...

• Hi Francois

I wanted to add a Text layer button. However,  Text is not working as the exact name. What am I doing wrong? I'm using CC.

Love the Toolbar

Thanks
    Gene
  •  

I have a problem - sometimes when I open the FT toolbar editor, I get a blank white ft-toolbar editor box. I have to restart AE for it to work again. any ideas?
    Can you give me more details on the what you are doing ? It looks more like a AE bug rather than the script.

Hi, sorry for the delay - it would help if aescripts comments allowed email notification - it's a pain!

Re the white screen - all I did was to open the option, nothing else. I'll see if it occurs again in AE CC.

On that topic - Toolbar does work in CC, it's just if you resize the panel that introduces the problems. If I make a change, restarting AE, the toolbar then draws OK initially.

Thanks, Paul.