• Hi Nick,

what exactly does the error message say? Voiceover has to accent or unusual intonation?

You can always open a support ticket if you have problems.
  • Textsyncr won't let me use keyboard commands.

I try to copy the same text I have in typemonkey into textsyncr and it says I can't use keyboard commands such as these: { } & |

How do I make it accept my keyboard commands?

And once I have synced them up I render it out and it doesn't match up with my audio.

I use the keyboard commands because some of the words fly by too fast.

If I didn't use any keyboard commands in typemonkey while using textsyncr it syncs up correctly.

I need help.
  • Hey Dan,

Textsyncr can't work with keyboard commands. You need to remove them from the text box in order to analyze.

This way you will get markers for every word, but not the groups and combined words you defined via commands. But this is just how speech analysis works and what the script does.

I will think about implementing this though, as we try to work closely together with the monkeys. In the meantime, you will have to get rid of the commands for textsyncr and then manually add the groups back in in the marker comments.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Ok. I understand. My next concern is where are the marker comments?
  • Double click the marker in order to change its text. The text field is called marker comment.
  • Im getting an error now when I open this anyone else?

textsyncr error

Error drawing User Interface. Please check folder permissions!
    TypeError: undefined is not an object

• Matthew,

did you mess around in your user folder or re-install the script? I will write you a private message explaining how you can re-install the UI related files of the script, which should hopefully fix this.

• Hi

I need your help!

Bought trxtsync today and tried it with multiply Adobe versions. ( CC 2017 all the way to CC 2015.0 )

Always have a VERY LOW % of texted sync ( 5 - 8%). I have a project I need to finish on Sunday afternoon and have a 3 mins audio to sync and create kynetic typography video.

Im trying to do it with only 45sec piece of audio and still cant. Please help ASAP.

Thank you!!
  • I am receiving error when trying to use trial version of textsyncr.

Captura.PNG
    429 x 188 - 15K
  • Hi Joe,
    I just sent you a PM with instructions.
  • How can solve this !! thx
    1.png
    461 x 196 - 6K
  • Hi Hiraku,
    I will send you a PM with instructions.
  • Hi Joachim, What i have to do if i have the same error message of Hiraku?
  • Hi Jay,
    I will send you a PM with instructions.
  • Hey there, Im getting the same message as everyone else. "...check permission...file or folder does not exist..." Currently Im running the trial version but would like to purchase this for a project due saturday. If you could let me know how to fix this I would appreciate it.  Thank you!
  • Hi Joey,
    That's an error that must have happened during installation. I sent you a PM with instructions!
  • Is this script being updated for After Effects CC 2017? I've installed the trial, have a simple, clean audio file, accurate transcription, and I'm consistently getting 2-8% match no matter what. Any tips? I'd like to be able to use this with TypeMonkey for lyric videos.
  • Hi Jerome,
    the script is fully compatible with CC2017. The cause for bad analysis is usually the audio file.

You mentioned lyrics - is the voice singing in the audio? If so, analysis won't work - you'll need to use the workaround mentioned in the video section.
  • (i don't know how to delete comments, but i think i fixed my issue; user error)
  • I am also getting the same error message as some of the others here.

"textsyncr error
    Error drawing user interface. Please check folder permission!
    IOError: Bad argument
    -File or folder does not exist"
  • Mo opened a support ticket and I helped him there.
  • I am also getting this error. 

"textsyncr error
    Error drawing user interface. Please check folder permission!
    IOError: Bad argument
    -File or folder does not exist"
  • (sub rud opened a support ticket and got help there.)
  • The drop down box to select the audio file does not work for me. I have tried multiple files, restarts and installs. Just get a shadow of where it would be.

Anyone have this?
  • Hey Patrick,
    let's keep this thread clean and solve this inside a support ticket! Please mention what OS and AE version you're on.
  • I htought this would work with a french wav file...
    Any chance of textsyncr supporting french soon ?
    If not, can I get my money back ?
    What would be the best alternative ?

• Hi Andre,

unfortunately, French is not supported by the analysis engine and this feature is not in sight at this moment.

In these kinds of cases, it is usually not a problem to get a refund. Please open a support ticket and ask for it there!
  • After following directions for manual install of the supporting files, textsyncr still asks to download the files despite them being in the correct spot on my drive.

I double checked that lipsyncr folder is in the Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aescripts folder.

Automatic download will not work no matter what I've been trying.
  • Sorry Andrew, as described in your support ticket, I wrongly made the two scripts link to the same FAQ page. I have just fixed that.
  • I got "There was an error executing the Aligner"  imageimagehttps://www.dropbox.com/s/kvd1sejx1o0lhxa/textsyncr%20error.JPG?dl=0

Please help
  • Hey is there any chance that the engine will ever support Spanish?
  • Hey Tommy, there is definitely a chance, but don't count on it. Maybe you can use a workaround with Premiere speech analysis, which did support Spanish until they removed the feature from the app altogether.

What I can tell you though is that if there will ever be a language other than English, Spanish will be the first one.
  • I just purchased textsyncr and tested it with some very clear audio that is a 16/16 mono .wav file exported from audition.

I'm getting 32 pit of 154 words (20.78%).  

The weird thing is it markers the first word... then nothing for 45 seconds... then the last 15 seconds it seems to be marking perfectly.   

Do you know what could be causing this and how to fix it?
  • Hey Leif,
    try converting your original file to 48 kHz sample rate, 32 bit depth (NOT float), mono. Some files just don't go well together with our general encoding advice.
  • Hey Leif,
    try converting your original file to 48 kHz sample rate, 32 bit depth (NOT float), mono. Some files just don't go well together with our general encoding advice.
    I've tried many different types of compression and the highest i can get the recognition is 25%... Is there a specific .wav compression codec or piece of software that you know works for this?
  • Does this work with EditMonkey?
  • Hi Larry, 
    haven't tested it myself, but yeah, it should work. EditMonkey has a checkbox called "Marker Sync". With this, you should be able to control your animation via the markers that textsyncr creates.
  • Hi,

I have tried this with a 35 sec audio file. I compressed it with the preset you guys created. It gets about 80/130 words every time which isn't a big deal, but isn't syncing correctly AT ALL. The track starts immediately with a VO, but the text markers do not start until about 5 seconds in. So I slide all the markers over, but then after about 4 words it is terribly out of sync again.

Any ideas? I will be using with type monkey.
  • Hi Silas,

I could see two possible problems causing this.
    1) Your voiceover starts *too soon* in the recording. Sometimes it helps to have around 1 second of empty space before the actual speech starts.
    2) Try using 48kHz and 32bit (NOT float) for the encoding (use your original file to re-encode). Some recordings prefer these settings over our preset.

Please report back if that helped!
  • Is not compatible with Spanish? If so, I need a refund
  • Carlos also opened a support ticket and is getting help there…
  • textsyncr - I am getting this error with a mono file exported from Media Encoder using your preset:"The supplied audio file has multiple channels. Only mono audio files can be analyzed."

The file is definitely mono, but shows up in the After Effects comp with two identical channels.

Can you please advise?

Thanks! This is very frustrating!
  • Hi Heidi!
    If it even shows up with two channels, something probably went wrong when you exported. Remember that even if your source audio is only mono, it might still be exported to stereo if you don't specifically tell Media Encoder not to. 

We have a very handy Media Encoder preset that you can download here . This should make sure you have the perfect Media Encoder settings! 
  • This tool is sensationally useful, works exactly as described, and is saving me huge amounts of time. Thanks!
  • Thanks for taking the time any writing that comment - that really made my day! :]
  • Hi. I have been testing this extensively. As far as creating the markers, I find this works very well and am very satisfied with the marker generation capabilities. So far I hit a 100% speech to marker generation.

However, the caption capabilities do not meet my requirements.

TypeMonkey is also a fine product, and these two products work well together. However, TypeMonkey is not producing the results that I need.

I want a scrolling teleprompter type capability where each new word is highlighted. The size of the scroll taking the size of the comp area with the top sentence scrolling out of view.

Can you recommend another product, that working in conjunction with this product, will produce the results I need.

Thank you.

• The dropdown box will not let me select the audio file.

Audio file is WAV
    32bit
    Mono
    48hz

Ideas?

I downloaded your Media Encoder preset, still does not let me select from the dropdown box. I even tried transcoding it twice!
  • Hi Andrew,

it sounds like you're in trial mode and you have a file that's longer than 15 seconds. As long as you're in trial mode, you can only analyse files with a duration of 15 seconds and shorter. To test the script, just cut out a smaller part in audition, premiere or after effects!

(Try to have around .5 second of silence before the speech starts for best results)
  • I am having issues with AE 2019. Any ideas? It freezes up the program whenever I hit analyze.
  • I'm getting "There was an error executing the Aligner" when I try to analyze. 

How do I fix this?