• Love this! will you be adding fonts in the future?
  • This looks amazing! One question though.  I know Scribe only contains the fonts to be used in After Effects. But since you clearly state the fonts are not designed by you: are there any additional font licenses to be purchased before one can use these fonts in After Effects for a (commercial) video?
  • Hi Chris.
    As much as I would love to include more fonts, I cannot guarantee this will happen very soon. Not trying to say "I wont include more fonts" per se, but also not trying to get your hopes high.
    Love this! will you be adding fonts in the future?

• Hi Bart.
    You are free to use Scribe fonts in commercial use, for sure. However, if you'd like to use static fonts for Photoshop, Illustrator or such, you should get those versions from Font Designers page, that I have included in the description.
    This looks amazing! One question though.  I know Scribe only contains the fonts to be used in After Effects. But since you clearly state the fonts are not designed by you: are there any additional font licenses to be purchased before one can use these fonts in After Effects for a (commercial) video?

• I somehow hyped myself to believe that you could use custom fonts. Doing work for clients, there's rarely a situation where I could just handpick a font instead of aninating just the exact font the client already has. So I'll stick to my stroke effect. Probably creating something similiar with the ability to use custom fonts would have been too complex. I could imagine a script where it asks theuser to draw strokes per character and using that data it would create preset of that font. This combined with the ability to share those presets would be cool.

Anycase if these six fonts happen to be just what you were looking for.... Then there's use for this.
  • The script is great - it looks great - i love it - but pleeeease  äöüÄÖÜß - for german
  • Hi Jörg, that's a good idea.
    I will implement these characters tonight and will issue an update. Stay tuned.

The script is great - it looks great - i love it - but pleeeease  äöüÄÖÜß - for german

• Not sure my trial is working in cc2017. I know only abcd show up. But my ui panel only shows font/size/type and then scribe.

In the composition I can access everything else...but not in the ui panel? Any ideas? Would buy it if this can be resolved for me. Thanks.
  • Hi Mark.
    Yes, that sounds correct - Scribe controls for color, width, start, end, offset are accessible via layers Effects tab. Simply build your string, select a layer and hit E on keyboard to reveal Effects property. In there you will find Scribe controls.

Hope that answers your questions.

Not sure my trial is working in cc2017. I know only abcd show up. But my ui panel only shows font/size/type and then scribe.

In the composition I can access everything else...but not in the ui panel? Any ideas? Would buy it if this can be resolved for me. Thanks.

• Hi Jörg once again.
    I've updates Scribe to v1.0.1 to support german characters. Please re-download the script. Thanks.
    The script is great - it looks great - i love it - but pleeeease  äöüÄÖÜß - for german

• Thaääänks - it works great - thank you 
  • You are welcome.
    Thaääänks - it works great - thank you 

• great plugin but available for only handwriting fonts
    but i need for sans fonts.
    if you update plugin i will buy
    pls enlarge font family
  • Would be great to have Turkish characters please? 

• Another good idea. Will do so probably today. Cheers Jim.
    Jim Lake said:

Would be great to have Turkish characters please? 

• Hi Jim. I have updated Scribe to version 1.0.2 to support Turkish characters. Please re-downlaod the script.
    Thanks.

Jim Lake said:
    Would be great to have Turkish characters please? 

• Thanks Tomas!!

Hi Jim. I have updated Scribe to version 1.0.2 to support Turkish characters. Please re-downlaod the script.
    Thanks.
  • Looks like a potentially GREAT product if more font options were available. I don't care for most of the current fonts, so I would love to see this available for other fonts. 
  • Hi, this is a great tool ! when i change the fonts, is there not a way to save these customized fonts in a library and use them for another time ? thanks, franck.
  • Hi Franck. This is actually a very good idea!!!
    For instance, you select a font, edit some characters to your need and save it. Next time you run the script - it already contains your edited look of the characters. Really great idea. I will definitely have this implemented in future versions.
    However, this isn't possible in current Scribe version.

Hi, this is a great tool ! when i change the fonts, is there not a way to save these customized fonts in a library and use them for another time ? thanks, franck.

• Hi Tomas, thank you for your very quick answer ! I am looking forward to the future version :)
  • Hi there,

It says that when I run Scribe the effect is missing, though it is there and I can play with it. Why would it say Missing effect?
  • "If you are using After Effects CS3 - CS6, please also make sure to install Pseudo Effect
    provided with the package. To do that, simply execute “Install PE for Scribe.jsx” and
    follow on screen instructions."

Where would I find this?
  • Hey Todd. Thanks for reporting back to me - I honestly forgot to include Pseudo Effect installer for Scribe. My bad. Can you please re-download the script and you will find it there.

Sorry for inconvenience.

"If you are using After Effects CS3 - CS6, please also make sure to install Pseudo Effect
    provided with the package. To do that, simply execute “Install PE for Scribe.jsx” and

Where would I find this?

• OK thanks
    Hey Todd. Thanks for reporting back to me - I honestly forgot to include Pseudo Effect installer for Scribe. My bad. Can you please re-download the script and you will find it there.

Sorry for inconvenience.

"If you are using After Effects CS3 - CS6, please also make sure to install Pseudo Effect

Where would I find this?

• How do I execute the file?
  • It's still not working. I ran the script in AE and it launched an INstall Scribe button, clicked it and restarted AE. Stills says missing effects...
  • "This favorite contains 1 reference to a missing effect. Please install the following effect to restore the reference. ("Scribe")
  • Todd, please open support ticket at https://aescripts.com/contact/ so I can assist you further.
  • Done
    Todd, please open support ticket at https://aescripts.com/contact/ so I can assist you further.

• Thank you very much for this script... I make a lot of little quotes and aphorisms for one of our clients to go on their social media, and don't have a lot of time to dedicate to making each one super-fancy, so it's wonderful to have a tool to help make them stand out from the crowd.
  • avaliable only hand writing character but we need update for sans characters. when will you update this. for example helvetica, futura, arial, etc..
  • Hi Göksel. Scribe contains only hand written fonts. Unfortunately other types of fonts will not be included.
    Thank you for understanding.

avaliable only hand writing character but we need update for sans characters. when will you update this. for example helvetica, futura, arial, etc..

• how to use features like we seen in video 00:38 ?

• Hi Ivan. Since Scribe produces a shape layer - feel free to treat it as such.
    Just twirl down layer properties, and next to "Content" group you'll see "Add >" button on the right. Use any generator you see fit.

Thanks for you inquiry.

how to use features like we seen in video 00:38 ?

• Hi Ivan. Since Scribe produces a shape layer - feel free to treat it as such.
    Just twirl down layer properties, and next to "Content" group you'll see "Add >" button on the right. Use any generator you see fit.

Thanks for you inquiry.

how to use features like we seen in video 00:38 ?

wow this is so exciting! thanks so much 
  • Wonderful product, just trying it out now but can't get caps to work. Are capitals support in the fonts? (i glitter)

Using old AE CS6 version

Gary
  • Hey Gary.
    Capitals are supported, unless font doesn't carry those. I believe "I Love Glitter" only comes with lowercase characters though.

Wonderful product, just trying it out now but can't get caps to work. Are capitals support in the fonts? (i glitter)

Using old AE CS6 version

Gary

• Quick question.  The UI that's in your demo video, is that part of this script?  
  • Will the Russian language be added?
  • Can you do it on regular vector lines from illustrator? or is it only type
  • These are prebuilt shapes. Please download trial version and see if it fits your needs.
  • Can I load other fonts?
  • Could you explain the difference between Write-On and Scribe? Are they very similar but just have different fonts?