Ease and Wizz

• Hi Roger, not sure why but your comment isn't showing up here. However I did get an email describing the issue where three easing options aren't showing up for you. Can you please open a ticket so we can get to the bottom of the problem? Thanks! 

Ian

• I just installed Ease and Wizz, put it in the the SpriptsUI Panels folder, and opened AE. It shows up under the "Window" tab and I can open it...however, there's no button to apply the expression. I followed the steps laid out in the instructions. Twice. And still no "Apply" button. Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

• I just installed Ease and Wizz, put it in the the SpriptsUI Panels folder, and opened AE. It shows up under the "Window" tab and I can open it...however, there's no button to apply the expression. I followed the steps laid out in the instructions. Twice. And still no "Apply" button. Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
    Same here - I'm on the most recent version of CC on a Mac.

Thanks!!
    Same here - I'm on the most recent version of CC on a Mac.
    If anyone is experiencing this problem, please make sure the palette is large enough to show the Apply button – sometimes it just needs to be resized. Otherwise please open a ticket and I'll look into it further. 

Thanks, Ian
  • Hi!

How do I undo the ease and wizz if I just want regular keyframes?

Hi Anna, the easiest way is to just option-click (alt-click if you're on Windows) the little stopwatch that has the expression. You'll know it worked if it changes from red back to the default. Adobe has more info about removing expressions.

Ian
  • Hi. I've ran into a glitch on a few different projects now and thought I should finally see if something can be done about it. There is a small adjustment glitch when using Expo In + Out. In this case it's for a 3D position. The animation is super smooth right up until the last frame before the keyframed endpoint. Then the position jumps a bit to get to the final value. For example the z-values for the last four frames goes 3028 > 3026 > 3024 > 3000. It's like it can't calculate getting to the final value smoothly and comes up short, then jumps on the last frame to get there. Any ideas?
  • Hi. I've ran into a glitch on a few different projects now and thought I should finally see if something can be done about it. There is a small adjustment glitch when using Expo In + Out. In this case it's for a 3D position. The animation is super smooth right up until the last frame before the keyframed endpoint. Then the position jumps a bit to get to the final value. For example the z-values for the last four frames goes 3028 > 3026 > 3024 > 3000. It's like it can't calculate getting to the final value smoothly and comes up short, then jumps on the last frame to get there. Any ideas?

Hi Seann, 

Are you using version 2.1.1? Click the little question mark next to the apply button to check. That version will hopefully eliminate the jump. If not, please open a ticket and I'll have a look for you.

Ian
  • I just downloaded ease and wizz and I followed the instructions exactly. The panel appears in After Effects but every time I click "apply" the following error appears. 

¨I can't find this file: "inOutExpo-easeandwizz-all.js"

I looked in here:/Applications/Adobe after Effects CS6/Scripts/easingExpressions"

I am using an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) and After Effects CC Version 13.7.0.124 

I already had the "ScriptUI Panels" Folder and the only thing in there are both the Ease and wiz.jsk and the folder labeled "easingExpressions" with all the .js files. 

I would love to be able to use this but I don't know why it is not working.
    Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 2.39.22 PM.png
    2062 x 586 - 361K
    Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 2.40.01 PM.png
    826 x 562 - 81K
  • Hi, and thanks for this super useful tool.  

I have a question about an issue I'm encountering, and am wondering if it's specific to E/W, or if it's just a general AE issue.  

What happens is that I can select and animate points on a curve normally, but as soon as I apply E/W ("Curvaceous" on), I encounter extreme difficulty in selecting those points again.

Here's an example I hope will help illustrate the issue.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
  • I just downloaded ease and wizz and I followed the instructions exactly. The panel appears in After Effects but every time I click "apply" the following error appears. 

¨I can't find this file: "inOutExpo-easeandwizz-all.js"

I looked in here:/Applications/Adobe after Effects CS6/Scripts/easingExpressions"

I am using an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) and After Effects CC Version 13.7.0.124 

I already had the "ScriptUI Panels" Folder and the only thing in there are both the Ease and wiz.jsk and the folder labeled "easingExpressions" with all the .js files. 

Hi Sam, 

Is it possible that you have two instances of After Effects on your machine? I noticed that the screenshot you posted said it looked in "/Volumes/Applications/After Effects …", on my machine it says "/Applications/After Effects …", which might indicate that you have a copy of AE on a volume other than your startup disk. 

Otherwise it looks like you've set it up properly! I'd suggest re-downloading and installing a fresh copy. If you're still having difficult please open a ticket and I'll see if I can help out.

Ian
  • Hi, and thanks for this super useful tool.  

I have a question about an issue I'm encountering, and am wondering if it's specific to E/W, or if it's just a general AE issue.  

What happens is that I can select and animate points on a curve normally, but as soon as I apply E/W ("Curvaceous" on), I encounter extreme difficulty in selecting those points again.

Here's an example I hope will help illustrate the issue.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Hi Brittnell,

Thanks for your message, I'm glad you like it! Unfortunately I believe that's an issue with After Effects. My best advice is to disable the expression when tweaking the path. Sorry!

Ian
  • I purchased this product yesterday but it doesn't have an 'Apply' button when I install it. I've tried twice and both times I get the same result. I'm working on a PC with the latest version of After Effects.
  • I purchased this product yesterday but it doesn't have an 'Apply' button when I install it. I've tried twice and both times I get the same result. I'm working on a PC with the latest version of After Effects.
    Hi Tarryn,

Please make sure the palette is large enough to show the Apply button – sometimes it just needs to be resized. Otherwise please open a ticket and I'll look into it further. 

Ian
  • oh my gosh I feel like such an idiot!

Thanks Ian

• Hi, 

I just downloaded ease and wizz and I followed the instructions exactly. The panel appears in After Effects but every time I click "apply" the following error appears. 

"I looked in here: '/Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015.3/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels/easingExpressions'. 

Please refer to the installation guide and try installing again, or go to:
    https://aescripts.com/ease-and-wizz/
    for more info."

I am using an MacBook Pro (Retina, 15'', Late 2014) and After Effects CC Version 13.8.0.144 

I already had the "ScriptUI Panels" Folder and the only thing in there are both the Ease and wizz.jsx

Hi Rebecca, 

Can you please double check that there is a folder called easingExpressions in the ScriptUI Folder as well? It should be full of files that end in .js. Please open a ticket if these files are all present and I'll try to help get to the bottom of this.

Ian
  • hello

just downloaded it and tried to install it however my computer is saying that the file has a virus
  • hello

just downloaded it and tried to install it however my computer is saying that the file has a virus
    Sounds like a false positive. There is obvisouly no virus in the download. It's all text files, you can inspect it yourself.
  • Download report a virus to me.
  • Download report a virus to me
    This is a false positive being reported by the new Windows Defender definitions. You can safely ignore it.
  • I'm getting the same issue downloading. This seems like something new to Windows 10 (or possibly a recent update of Windows 10). It looks to be the javascript expression files that are causing the issue, not the .jsx file.

Although it looks like I found a work-around. I copied one of the javascript files over individually from a USB drive, and Windows warned that the type of file may be harmful. I told it to keep the file anyway. Once I did that, I was able to re-download the original zip file from Aescripts without having Windows warn about it.
  • Adam Katz said:
    I'm getting the same issue downloading. This seems like something new to Windows 10 (or possibly a recent update of Windows 10). It looks to be the javascript expression files that are causing the issue, not the .jsx file.

Although it looks like I found a work-around. I copied one of the javascript files over individually from a USB drive, and Windows warned that the type of file may be harmful. I told it to keep the file anyway. Once I did that, I was able to re-download the original zip file from Aescripts without having Windows warn about it.
    Yes, I think Microsoft in its infinite wisdom has decided that any .js file must be virus!  But as we have now stated many times, there are, of course, no viruses, you can inspect the .js files yourself.  These are all false positive. I would urge you to report this to Microsoft so they can fix it.
  • Adam Katz said:
    I'm getting the same issue downloading. This seems like something new to Windows 10 (or possibly a recent update of Windows 10). It looks to be the javascript expression files that are causing the issue, not the .jsx file.

Yes, I think Microsoft in its infinite wisdom has decided that any .js file must be virus!  But as we have not stated many time, there are, of course, no viruses, you can inspect the .js files yourself.  These are all false positive. I would urge you to report this to Microsoft so they can fix it.
    Thanks for looking into this. It occurs to me that there's no real need for the files to have a .js extension. I'll look into changing the expressions to have .txt extensions, presumably that will eliminate any virus warnings.

Ian
  • Hi there,

I've installed E&W and can open the panel under the window menu. When I apply it to a keyframe, the position numbers turn red like in the demo, but the numbers do not change. In the timeline it says that the E&W effect was applied, but I see no noticeable difference. It looks exactly like it did before I applied the effect. Does anyone know what is going wrong?
  • Hi there, I've installed E&W and can open the panel under the window menu. When I apply it to a keyframe, the position numbers turn red like in the demo, but the numbers do not change. In the timeline it says that the E&W effect was applied, but I see no noticeable difference. It looks exactly like it did before I applied the effect. Does anyone know what is going wrong?
    Hi Cassondra,

It's difficult to troubleshoot without having a look – do you mind opening a ticket? Then you can send me an example and we can get to the bottom of it.

Ian

• I am having issues with it being unsupported. I just updated to 2015.3 for After Effects CC. What would be the process to reinstall it to the new update?
  • I am having issues with it being unsupported. I just updated to 2015.3 for After Effects CC. What would be the process to reinstall it to the new update?

You can use our manager app: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/

Or you can follow the installation guide included with the download.
  • Hi there,
    does anyone know how to attach the ease and wizz window in the normal interface of after effects. Since the update to 2017 it is only possible to open it in a new window :-(.
    Cheers
  • Hi there,
    does anyone know how to attach the ease and wizz window in the normal interface of after effects. Since the update to 2017 it is only possible to open it in a new window :-(.
    Cheers

Please install it in the ScriptUI Panels folder. You can use our manager app to help you install it properly.
  • Artur Zo said:

After installed Ease and wizz.jsx 2.5.0

"Unable to execute scrtipt at line 298. null is not an object" problem

any idea?

win7 64, AECC,

Hi Artur, 

I'll look into this for you. Do you remember what you were doing when it threw this error?

Thanks, Ian

• Hi Ian, thanks for great scripts :)

My AE Freezes when i click apply on ease and wizz 2.5.0,
    Could you provide previous ease and wizz version?

Win7 64, AE CS6
  • Hi Ian, thanks for great scripts :)

My AE Freezes when i click apply on ease and wizz 2.5.0,
    Could you provide previous ease and wizz version?

Win7 64, AE CS6
    Please open a support ticket and include screenshots so we are best able to help you. https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Ease and wizz 2.5.0

After effect run ...

"Unable to execute scrtipt at line 287. null is not an object" problem ...

Win7 64, AE CC

• Ease and wizz 2.5.0

After effect run ...

"Unable to execute scrtipt at line 287. null is not an object" problem ...

Win7 64, AE CC

Hi Jiu, can you please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Ian
  • Not compatible w/AE 2017?
  • Not compatible w/AE 2017?
    Hey Craig, it's working on my version of CC 2017. If you open a support ticket I can try to help figure out what's going on: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Ian
  • Ian Haigh said:
    Not compatible w/AE 2017?
    Hey Craig, it's working on my version of CC 2017. If you open a support ticket I can try to help figure out what's going on: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Ian
    Thanks Ian. I saw what I'd done wrong. It's working now. Thanks!
  • just downloaded and installed this using AE 2017 and there is no apply button. Is this plugin out of development with no updates? 

Is there an alternative to this plugin that does what it does and works on AE 2017?

Thanks!
  • just downloaded and installed this using AE 2017 and there is no apply button.
    Hey David, can you try resizing the palette window to ensure you're seeing all the controls? Sometimes it can get cut off, and there's no indication that that's happened. Please open a ticket if that doesn't solve it. Thanks.

Ian
  • I posted this, but somehow it is back on the first page of the thread.

Anyway, I installed but the plugin has no APPLY button. I have AE 2017
  • Is there going to be an update for AE 2017? The current version worked great before Adobe updated at the end of last year. 
  • Is there going to be an update for AE 2017? The current version worked great before Adobe updated at the end of last year. 
    Hi Karen, sorry it's not working for you! It's working OK on my version of AE 2017. If you open a ticket I'll see if I can help you get to the bottom of it.

Ian
  • Hi! :)

I have a question, everything works fine but one thing that i just can't figure it out it's how to edit the strength and the bounces times. I hope somebody could help me! :) thanks you
  • Hi there, I just downloaded and installed, there is no apply button on the pallette, so I am unable to activate the effect, any reason this is happening?

MacOS
    AeCC

Thanks!!
  • Not working since you installed CC 2017?

Download the latest version and be sure to also copy the 'easingexpressions' folder of .txt files into the same place as the.jsx file.

This was what was causing my problems - somebody might find this useful to know.
  • Not working since you installed CC 2017?

Download the latest version and be sure to also copy the 'easingexpressions' folder of .txt files into the same place as the.jsx file.

This was what was causing my problems - somebody might find this useful to know.
    Please use our manager app to install it and if you still have issues please open a support ticket.
  • Funciona para Mac?

Como se instala?
  • Funciona para Mac?

Como se instala?

Sí, funciona para Mac. Por favor use el instalador oficial.
  • Hey! I installed the updated version for CC 2017, but most "options" now appear greyed out?