• Dan Klein said:
    Textsyncr won't let me use keyboard commands.

I try to copy the same text I have in typemonkey into textsyncr and it says I can't use keyboard commands such as these: { } & |

How do I make it accept my keyboard commands?
    Hey Dan-

I doutbt theres anything you can do to make textsyncr accept them...but....
    Why don't you just delete those before you text sync them? They only mean something in the TypeMonkey text entry box...Textsyncr wouldn't know what to do with those, I'd guess.

Let me know if that works.
    -oz
  • Hi, Is it possible to edit the time length of the type monkey comp once it is created please? Thanks
  • Hi, Is it possible to edit the time length of the type monkey comp once it is created please? Thanks
    Hi Tara- 
    Try this:

1) Change the comp to the length you need
    2) Unshy the comp and unlock all the layers
    3) Extend the layers manually
    4) Shy the comp and move the markers around to readjust the timing.

Hope that helps!
    Hi Tara- 
    Try this:

1) Change the comp to the length you need
    2) Unshy the comp and unlock all the layers
    3) Extend the layers manually
    4) Shy the comp and move the markers around to readjust the timing.

Hope that helps!
    Hi Orrin, Great thank you
  • Hi,

I haven't used TypeMonkey for a while, I do need it to make a fast project, does it work with CC 2017??

thanks
  • Hi,

I haven't used TypeMonkey for a while, I do need it to make a fast project, does it work with CC 2017??

thanks
    Hi Carlos- it does!
  • Hi All! I've been using it for a while and it greatly helps our production timelines, thank you! I had a request: in a future version, would it be possible to add a text box  encode character to force a rotation? There have been a couple of occasions when the Monkey lays out the comp and we'd love 1 or 2 more rotations at specific spots. Thanks again!

-Chris
  • Hi All! I've been using it for a while and it greatly helps our production timelines, thank you! I had a request: in a future version, would it be possible to add a text box  encode character to force a rotation? There have been a couple of occasions when the Monkey lays out the comp and we'd love 1 or 2 more rotations at specific spots. Thanks again!

-Chris
    Hey Chris- that's the number 1 request! The problem we've run into is that we've run out of keys for key commands...so we'd either have to figure out a different way, or drop one of the less useful commands...any suggestions?
  • I just broke out the monkey after letting it rest for a while. The Style drop down is wonky now as it won't stay open for me to select a different style. I click to open, then when trying to use the scroll bar, it just closes back down when I release the mouse. My monkey and mouse just aren't getting along. Is this a known issue?
  • I just broke out the monkey after letting it rest for a while. The Style drop down is wonky now as it won't stay open for me to select a different style. I click to open, then when trying to use the scroll bar, it just closes back down when I release the mouse. My monkey and mouse just aren't getting along. Is this a known issue?

It's not!
    I'd start by doing a purge, trashing prefs and restarting.
    If that doesn't work, open up a support ticket and we'll figure it out
  • Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to do multiple typemonkey layers in one comp? I am working on a song, and it gets very cramped on one layer. Could I put different lines on different layers?
  • Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to do multiple typemonkey layers in one comp? I am working on a song, and it gets very cramped on one layer. Could I put different lines on different layers?
    Hey Casey- not exactly sure what you mean by Typemonkey layers (builds are made of a camera, control layers and text layers) but you can only have one build per comp...unless you precomp things.

If you want, open a support ticket and let me know more about the project and I'll try to make some suggestions.
  • Hi Orrin, I have a problem that started when i switched to after effect CC 2017, when i check the marker sync box it does create text but with no animation and no camera movement it just create text with no animation, what can i do? it's strange becouse it workerd for the first time i used it in CC 2017 but the very next this problem showed.
    Thanks
  • Jay Rally said:
    Hi Orrin, I have a problem that started when i switched to after effect CC 2017, when i check the marker sync box it does create text but with no animation and no camera movement it just create text with no animation, what can i do? it's strange becouse it workerd for the first time i used it in CC 2017 but the very next this problem showed.
    Thanks
    Hey Jay- When this kinda weirdness happens we go to our standard "purge cache, trash preferences, shut down and restart" trope. If that doesnt work, open a support ticket. It doesn't sound like anything serious since we haven't heard of this with other users.
  • Hi,

I am just curious if there is an easy way to not show any words or letters during parts of the composition? Like during instrument solos in a song?

Any help would be much appreciated!
  • Hi,

I am just curious if there is an easy way to not show any words or letters during parts of the composition? Like during instrument solos in a song?

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Hey Casey- I can recommend a few options. 

1) create an extra word or letter at the point you want the break to occur. Then move that letter away from the main build and turn off the video switch. The camera will move to it (and away if there's something on the other side).  I've used the term Phantom Layer in some of tuts regarding this technique. Keep in mind if you have a long delay in a track, you can split the control layer and slide large groups of layers around that way too.  

2) cut up your track and use scene maker in monkey tools....basically Build your project in multiple comps (e.g.: verse 1, chorus 1) and then manually transition between them in the master comp. personally I think it's the easier solution since your not messing with markers which can get a bit cumbersome. Hope that helps.
  • Hi,
    I'm new to Type Monkey and i'm not sure if this the place to mention this, anyway...

I want to use the automated colours from Type Monkey's Color Palette...)
    I would like to replace/add to the colour palette in TM, an ink pen picker tool to change the 5 colours... instead of using Kuler.
    I pick colours using the Script "Color Theory" which auto generates colours as a visible layer-swatch ( their values are displayed in hex only). I can use the ink pen to modify any colour value in any panel in AE...instead I have to do multiple steps just to guess and try out TM's 5 colours and keep getting it wrong.

Currently when you Click in the TM colour palette you are presented with a colour picker palette popup, I have to guess the RGB or HSL value, since hex is not provided in that popup... OR Is there any other way to modify those 5 Kuler colours in TM's colour palette...thanks J

• Hi,
    I'm new to Type Monkey and i'm not sure if this the place to mention this, anyway...

I want to use the automated colours from Type Monkey's Color Palette...)
    I would like to replace/add to the colour palette in TM, an ink pen picker tool to change the 5 colours... instead of using Kuler.
    I pick colours using the Script "Color Theory" which auto generates colours as a visible layer-swatch ( their values are displayed in hex only). I can use the ink pen to modify any colour value in any panel in AE...instead I have to do multiple steps just to guess and try out TM's 5 colours and keep getting it wrong.

Currently when you Click in the TM colour palette you are presented with a colour picker palette popup, I have to guess the RGB or HSL value, since hex is not provided in that popup... OR Is there any other way to modify those 5 Kuler colours in TM's colour palette...thanks J

Hey Jay- Just so I'm clear- you're trying to drop colors generated in Color Theory into the TypeMonkey palette area? And its not working using the eyedropper tool that pops up when you click one of the color boxes in TypeMonkey?

BTW- Unfortunately Adobe discontinued .ase export from Kuler..but you should be able to import it into your library and color pick the colors from there...not ideal but the built in color picker in AE is kind of limited and sadly, we don't have control over that.

Anyway- Let me know if thats the issue, or something else...
    -oz
  • Hi 
    Not exactly...
    thanks for such a quick reply...I'm using AE 2015 and not using Kuler for my colour selection but a custom swatch from "Color Theory"
    steps...
    I want to change the 5 colours in TM, so that it automatically assigns 5 colours to words. (I think that's how it works)
    (a) In Type Monkeys "color Palette" Click the 1st white square-their are shades of grey, a popup appears, this has colour charts and I can click top left and pick a colour square that nearly matches a colour in my custom swatch, or 
    (b) on the top right choose/guess a colour that matches one of the colours in the "colour Theory" swatch... OR
    (b) bottom right, change the HSL or RGB colour values...but not input a hex value-which is an option from "Color Theory", CT does not show RGB or HSL values.

So the problem is how to get the colour to match colours from my custom swatch.
    If had an ink pen beside "K" (don't need to replace the "K") , then I could just click a neighbouring square, move to the CT-custom swatch, click a colour and it's changed.
    In 5 steps I'm done and can test out the animation with 5 new colours. Repeat the step within seconds again and again and again... No loading Kuler profiles or guessing with the popup colour box.
    thanks J

• Hi 
    Not exactly...
    thanks for such a quick reply...I'm using AE 2015 and not using Kuler for my colour selection but a custom swatch from "Color Theory"
    steps...
    I want to change the 5 colours in TM, so that it automatically assigns 5 colours to words. (I think that's how it works)
    (a) In Type Monkeys "color Palette" Click the 1st white square-their are shades of grey, a popup appears, this has colour charts and I can click top left and pick a colour square that nearly matches a colour in my custom swatch, or 
    (b) on the top right choose/guess a colour that matches one of the colours in the "colour Theory" swatch... OR
    (b) bottom right, change the HSL or RGB colour values...but not input a hex value-which is an option from "Color Theory", CT does not show RGB or HSL values.

So the problem is how to get the colour to match colours from my custom swatch.
    If had an ink pen beside "K" (don't need to replace the "K") , then I could just click a neighbouring square, move to the CT-custom swatch, click a colour and it's changed.
    In 5 steps I'm done and can test out the animation with 5 new colours. Repeat the step within seconds again and again and again... No loading Kuler profiles or guessing with the popup colour box.
    thanks J

Unfortunately scripts don't have direct access to eyedroppers (I think thats what you mean by color pens - if not let me know)...but... an eyedropper should be available in the popup that appears when you click the color boxes. From there you can pick the color up from Color Theory...no? If you dont see it, can you open up a support ticket and we'll get it squared away.

*Update - I spoke to Dan about it - I'm Mac based and he's Windows. He tells me that, unlike Macs, Windows doesnt have an eyedropper tool on the color popup window. He suggests that if you uses the Color Theory option to add the color swatches to your comp and get the RGB from AE's info panel just by hovering the cursor over the color. Then you can use those values in the popup window...a bit of a pain, but its a way of getting accurate colors.

• Hi Orrin,

How do I rotate a layer around the Y axis so that when it has finished its camera animation it is auto oriented to camera.

I Click Do it  and everything is generated as normal....Say the 2nd layer animates , but I don't like it, so I decide I want to rotate about the Y axis.

but when I change the 3d Rotation-Y parameter (say -90 degrees) , the camera no longer auto Orientates and it's left at -90 degrees...

Pls help
    thanks J

• Hi 
    I forgot, I want to do it without key framing (if possible), and I want to be able to keep the rotation if I re-Do IT because I only want regenerate the text... 

thanks J
  • Hi 
    I forgot, I want to do it without key framing (if possible), and I want to be able to keep the rotation if I re-Do IT because I only want regenerate the text... 

thanks J
    The way TypeMonkey works is that is creates control layers that the text is parented to, then the camera uses the boundaries of the control layer for auto-framing and auto rotating.  Basically its looking at the control layer for where to move the camera.

If you rotate the control layer manually on the Y axis, the camera should move with it. 

Keep in mind that since each control layer is parented to the one above it, and when you rotate a layer it'll end up rotating all the ones after it. If you dont want that then you can rotate the next one back the opposite way.

Unfortunately theres no way to save a layout and switch out the type - each is unique and you'll have to manually rotate the layers again...but it should be pretty easy to do.

If you're still having problems, open a support ticket and upload your project and I'll check it out. 
  • Hi
    I was wondering how do I use the pre build scene setup with type monkey generated text... is there a tutorial? I see it creates precomps but not sure what to do when I have yet to generate the text... or is scene setup unrelated to generated text?
    Thanks J
  • Hi I was wondering how do I use the pre build scene setup with type monkey generated text... is there a tutorial? I see it creates precomps but not sure what to do when I have yet to generate the text... or is scene setup unrelated to generated text? Thanks J
    Hey Jay- Scene Maker in MonkeyTools is actually one of my favorite scripts whether I'm working with another Monkey or not. Its a great way to organize a project before you get started.

The way I use it is that I usually start off with an audio track (music/vo) thats cut into sections. Scene Maker will place each section into its own comp, eliminating any markers that are outside the pre-comp.

You can then go into each pre-comp and - in the case of TypeMonkey - build you kinetic type. Once those are done, you can go back to the original comp and transition between them manually (you'll probably have to time remap and extend the end of each pre-comp so they don't just pop off).

I did a demo combining TypeMonkey and LayerMonkey using the Scene Maker...but you don't need LayerMonkey for it...check it out: 

Its also posted on the product page

Hope that helps...
  • Hi, I'm a complete novice, but learning quickly, watching your tutorials and purchased five of your scripts.  Using TypeMonkey, as the camera moves around the type, the background is not moving. Ideally, the background moves as well giving a parallax feel. Attached are the files I'm using. Can you help me figure out what I'm missing? Thank you!

• Bob Tabor said:

Hi, I'm a complete novice, but learning quickly, watching your tutorials and purchased five of your scripts.  Using TypeMonkey, as the camera moves around the type, the background is not moving. Ideally, the background moves as well giving a parallax feel. Attached are the files I'm using. Can you help me figure out what I'm missing? Thank you!

Hey Bob- make sure your background is a 3D layer and then drop it back in z space...you might have to expand it a bit, but that should do it...let me know if you have any problems...you can open a support ticket and I'll get more specific.
    Thanks!
  • Hi,
    Text not changing its size...

I am not understanding how the Layout Font size is supposed to work....
    I create a blank comp, add my text, change the font size to constant, 5, leaving everything as is and click do it...
    All the text stays very large, I tried changing the Character palette size too (before the build) but the text never changes it's size?

I noticed when I tried to reduce the size of other test comps already created using TM, they too will not reduce in size , using constant or random...

what am I doing wrong?

regards
    J
  • Hi,
    Text not changing its size...

I am not understanding how the Layout Font size is supposed to work....
    I create a blank comp, add my text, change the font size to constant, 5, leaving everything as is and click do it...
    All the text stays very large, I tried changing the Character palette size too (before the build) but the text never changes it's size?

I noticed when I tried to reduce the size of other test comps already created using TM, they too will not reduce in size , using constant or random...

what am I doing wrong?

regards
    J
    Hey Jay- Can you open a support ticket and send me your project so I can see whats up? A screen grab of your UI setup would be helpful too. 
  • Question to the wiser-than-me:

I built a TM animation last night. Tweaked it like crazy. Happy.
    This morning, I return to the project and open up the same project, but need to undo, tweak some more and re-DO IT!
    How do I get back to the TM window with my text loaded?
    Does it rebuild the animation differently every single time?
    It seems like I have to start from scratch.

What am I missing (if anything)?

Many thanks
  • Question to the wiser-than-me:

I built a TM animation last night. Tweaked it like crazy. Happy.
    This morning, I return to the project and open up the same project, but need to undo, tweak some more and re-DO IT!
    How do I get back to the TM window with my text loaded?
    Does it rebuild the animation differently every single time?
    It seems like I have to start from scratch.

What am I missing (if anything)?

Many thanks
    Hey Trevor- Good news/bad news.
    You'd have had to save the UI settings (Save/Load) to get your set up back. But- everytime you create a new build its going to be different. Theres a certain amount of randomness built into the process, and the more words you have, the more random it gets. 
    Sorry!
  • Hi Orrin i have a problem, if a check the marker sync box typemonkey does create the text but with no animation and no camera movement the camera is just stuck at the last word of the phrase, but if i uncheck the marker sync box everything works fine, but of course the text is not in sync, what can i do?
    By the way i never had this problem, i stopped using typemonkey i updated after effects (i'm using CC 2017)  then a couple of days ago i found out about this issue.
    Thanks
  • Jay Rally said:
    Hi Orrin i have a problem, if a check the marker sync box typemonkey does create the text but with no animation and no camera movement the camera is just stuck at the last word of the phrase, but if i uncheck the marker sync box everything works fine, but of course the text is not in sync, what can i do?
    By the way i never had this problem, i stopped using typemonkey i updated after effects (i'm using CC 2017)  then a couple of days ago i found out about this issue.
    Thanks
    Hey Jay- Can you open a support ticket and send me the file? Also a screen grab of your ui set up...Thanks.
  • I want to test typemonkey on the latest hardware.
    Can I install the version I have on a new machine? Not a trial version...
    It took 8 hours to calculate a 4 and a half minutes job on the machine I have.
    I just want to find the ultimate rig to run After Effects.

Thanks.

• I want to test typemonkey on the latest hardware.
    Can I install the version I have on a new machine? Not a trial version...
    It took 8 hours to calculate a 4 and a half minutes job on the machine I have.
    I just want to find the ultimate rig to run After Effects.

Thanks.

Hey Andre- You can install TypeMonkey on up to 2 of your computers, so that should be no problem.
    BTW- a 4 min job must have been huge - unshy the comp to see all the layers. That would take a while on any system.
    You might want to look into dividing those up and pre-rendering...theres also some tips in the user manual to cut down on a project that big.
    Good luck!
    -oz
  • Thanks so much for this plugin.......  i have really enjoyed using it. It has made me look far more talented than I am .....

• Hi !

I've seen a tutorial video on youtube on how to display all the text at the end of the animation video with typemonkey and after effect . But i cant found anywhere how to remove the text at certain point before the end . How i do that ?

Thanks !
  • Hi!

Is it in any way possible to have the texts disappear (fade out, scale out, etc) after a while. I would like to have an animation where I only see the text that is building up and the previous one disappearing.

Thanks for the great script!
    Robert

• Hi!

Is it in any way possible to have the texts disappear (fade out, scale out, etc) after a while. I would like to have an animation where I only see the text that is building up and the previous one disappearing.

Thanks for the great script!
    Robert

Hey Robert- 
    Certainly the easiest way is to unshy the text (use MonkeyTools) and manually add fade outs. 
    EditMonkey allows you to transition in and out of text, tho it has different layout options and no  camera.
  • hi, when using randomize setting in the text animation box, is there anyway of selection just the ones you like, so certain animation types will not be used?
  • Is there any way to adjust the easing of the animations? For instance I'm using slide left, and it doesn't ease at the end of the slide at all. Is there a way to adjust that, or do I have to dig into each expression on each layer?
  • Is there any way to adjust the easing of the animations? For instance I'm using slide left, and it doesn't ease at the end of the slide at all. Is there a way to adjust that, or do I have to dig into each expression on each layer?
    Hey Julie- sorry, at this point we didnt build that into it, but heres a couple suggestions:

1) Use MonkeyTools to reveal the Text Layers and disable the position expression and hand animate, using whatever easing you wish

2) Animate with Style: None and do the same, but there will be no need to disable the positon expressions.

Hope that helps a little...sorry we couldnt give you more control...maybe a future update (we'll put it on the list)
    -oz
  • Out of curioisty can you combine TypeMonkey with Mister Horses Text animation?  I'm guessing you'd just need to disable any animation on the text at the time of creation in Typemonkey and then apply the effect you want from Mister Horse correct?
  • Out of curioisty can you combine TypeMonkey with Mister Horses Text animation?  I'm guessing you'd just need to disable any animation on the text at the time of creation in Typemonkey and then apply the effect you want from Mister Horse correct?

Interesting question...I don’t use Mr Horse, but I’m not sure there’s a reason it couldn’t work. You just have to figure out how. I’d try doing s build with the Animation Style Off and then go from there...you might be able to apply it directly to the text, or have to pre-comp it first...love to hear how it goes...maybe post a tut if it works? Good luck! Oz
    Check out  the Textsyncr script btw - its the closest you can get to the Premiere Content Analysis feature.
  • I just need multiple marker mover. Just that, can you sell it separately?
  • I just need multiple marker mover. Just that, can you sell it separately?
    Hi Terry...MMM is part of MonkeyTools and Beatnik...sadly not sold separately. But we might look into breaking that off as part of a separate marker tool.
    -oz
  • The video about Lyric sync is deceiving. The tutorial shows you how to use Premier to sync lyrics but only versions of Premiere before 2014.
    Come On Guys!!!  THIS IS 2019    YOU ARE MEDIA PEOPLE. MAKE A NEW FRIGGEN VIDEO!!!
    Now they tell me I should buy another plug in from another company, I wouldn't have bought your product if I knew that before.
    Unsatisfied Customer
  • The video about Lyric sync is deceiving. The tutorial shows you how to use Premier to sync lyrics but only versions of Premiere before 2014.
    Come On Guys!!!  THIS IS 2019    YOU ARE MEDIA PEOPLE. MAKE A NEW FRIGGEN VIDEO!!!
    Now they tell me I should buy another plug in from another company, I wouldn't have bought your product if I knew that before.
    Unsatisfied Customer
    Hey Anthony- Sorry about the confusion. We noted it in the video description, but I get your frustration if you didn't see that.

That said, all monkey tools are very inexpensive if you're working professionally (even if you have to buy Textsyncr). The amount of time they will save over doing it manually is well worth the extra cost. 

• Hi...I got a quick question. Say I want to sync this very comment to it's voice over and I want to animate in a linear way (the same way I typed it), how would I go about it? It's like I wanted apply TYPEMONKEY to my text layer so it will sync with my voice-over.
    Thanks for this awesome script.