aescripts + aeplugins manager app public beta
  • Hi David,

I've seen the same thing on Chrome but after trying to re-open the link a couple of times I always got to the download. But it seems it's not just me getting this error then.

Kevin
  • Well I guess my own question was answered, the app updated itself this morning and custom installs now work!
  • I had a bunch of scripts that weren't updating and the custom install option didn't seem to work for, that are now able to use the custom install option since the update to the app today.

Only two this didn't work for are Animation Composer 2 and AE Flame, which are still listed as not installed (they are).

In case that helps in any way...
  • Hey guys - Just downloaded on a win 10 machine - crashes with each plugin install. Scripts seem fine. I relaunch and it forgets my log in. Log in doesn't respect tab key. 
  • Hi Jayse,
        I'll have to debug this with you via mail or a ticket since I don't get any crash with any plugin. Since the app crashes you might loose you settings somehow and loose your log in? We'll have a look.
  • One feature that would be nice is for multi-machine environments would be to have the manger be able to identify multiple-licensed products,  The plugin manager should recognize that the single license products have already been installed elsewhere.  0 of 1 available, 1 of 2 available, etc.

This is going to be an amazing timesaver for updating our Adobe Suite and making sure all aescripts + aeplugins products are good to go.  Holding off for now on using this on a second machine until the kinks have been worked out.

FYI, there appears to have been an install issue with 8mm Distress Kit 4K Premium unzipping.
    Also it needed a custom install for Rift under AE CC 2014.

• Hi, can't seem to get the app to connect.  It used to connect, but now it just sits during the "Logging in" process but never connects.  My login credentials are correct, so not sure what's up.  Also, odd, when downloading it again to make sure I had the current version, I got this message in Chrome (Mac) "

Misdirected Request

The client needs a new connection for this request as the requested host name does not match the Server Name Indication (SNI) in use for this connection."  Downloading worked fine in Safari, though, but the new version still won't connect :)

• Ken Joy said:
    Hi, can't seem to get the app to connect.  It used to connect, but now it just sits during the "Logging in" process but never connects.  My login credentials are correct, so not sure what's up.  Also, odd, when downloading it again to make sure I had the current version, I got this message in Chrome (Mac) "

Misdirected Request

The client needs a new connection for this request as the requested host name does not match the Server Name Indication (SNI) in use for this connection."  Downloading worked fine in Safari, though, but the new version still won't connect :)

please open a support ticket
  • Hello,
    aescripts + aeplugin manager dose not working at all on my pc / windows 7 - 64bit

jpg
    jpg
    buge.jpg
  • Huh. Just opened again to run updates as I do periodically, and it doesn't show any installed products now. Used to just show a few that it wasn't compatible with, but everything else worked previously. Not sure what happened or what to do.

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 5.05.06 PM.png
    138 x 664 - 18K
  • Get the following error message when trying to install Bodymovin.

"no compatible host applications were found for Bodymovin. Would you like to perform a custom installation"

Other scripts seemingly installs just fine (see attached).

Any suggestions?
    Capto_Capture 2017-08-26_11-46-03_AM.png
    984 x 695 - 84K
  • Hi Clyde,

Bodymovin is installed using a ZXP extension, and at the moment these are still buggy in the manager. You can use the ZXP Installer to install Bodymovin, get it from there:

https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/

In the manager application that you are using right now, right-click Bodymovin and choose "Reveal Installer Files". This will open Finder and show you the zxp file. Drag that ZXP file onto the ZXP Installer, and it should start the installation process.

Let me know how it works,

Kevin

• Tried installing the Bodymovin app for OS CC 2017 After Effects.  It won't install.
  • Hi Mike,

can you try with the ZXP Installer to see if it installs properly?

Kevin
  • Why?
    Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 8.30.05 PM.png
    1044 x 340 - 76K
  • Every so often I'll come back to the first page of this thread to see if there are any updates (I suppose the app would notify me when I open it if there were), but the last few times I tried to download the app I get an error in Chrome. I tried both Mac and Windows just to test and the error was the same: 

Misdirected Request

The client needs a new connection for this request as the requested host name does not match the Server Name Indication (SNI) in use for this connection.

The downloads work fine in Safari, so I don't know if it's just my install of Chrome or Chrome in general, but I thought you might like to know in case it's a larger issue.

Hi everyone, greetings from Rio de Janeiro!!
    I´m a huge fan of aescripts.com  and all authors. Unfortunately I am frustrated with this app
    I read all the comments.  and just felt worse... rsrs
    at least everyone get to test drive it and be apart of the improvement process
    I cant install the aplication no matter what!!
     I get this message I've been trying for 3 days now with exactly the same problem.... can anyone please help me? thank you so much

aescripts+aeplugins manager.JPG
    546 x 414 - 33K
  • This error is usually due to a security setting on your machine blocking the download, it's not the problem mentioned in the comment you quoted which was just an issue with the download links on this page. 

Use 7zip to unzip it, the default windows unzipper can sometimes corrupt the installation files. Once unzipped, disconnect from the internet (only to make sure that the installer was not corrupted and doesn't try to download files from our server), then open the file ZXP Installer.application

If you have any issue with the app, don't waste days on it and open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • This error is usually due to a security setting on your machine blocking the download, it's not the problem mentioned in the comment you quoted which was just an issue with the download links on this page. 
    Use 7zip to unzip it, the default windows unzipper can sometimes corrupt the installation files. Once unzipped, disconnect from the internet (only to make sure that the installer was not corrupted and doesn't try to download files from our server), then open the file ZXP Installer.application

If you have any issue with the app, don't waste days on it and open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/
    Well Sir, thank you so much for the attention and the advice..
    That's what I call top quality and elegant support. really appreciated.
    to be honest i went after the manager application because Im having a very hard with skybox vr  player cannot activate the updated version sent by aescripts.. and even though I don't use it much, is very annoying.. would you have any suggestion on how to solve this? thank you so much
  • There's no file: "ZXP Installer.application"
    in the zip file, it was extracted:

this files:
    _aescripts_offline_extracted_1_.PNG
    390 x 81 - 7K
    _aescripts_offline_extracted_2_.PNG
    670 x 73 - 5K
    _aescripts_offline_extracted_3_.PNG
    596 x 69 - 3K
    _aescripts_offline_extracted_4_.PNG
    673 x 130 - 12K
  • Hi Andres,
    I went too fast: I sent you the instructions for the ZXP installer application, obviously you should run the "aescripts + aeplugins manager.application" file. Sorry about that!
    Concerning the issue with Skybox, it's easier if you open a support ticket for your issue as you'll be directly in contact with the developers at Mettle: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Hi Andres,
    I went too fast: I sent you the instructions for the ZXP installer application, obviously you should run the "aescripts + aeplugins manager.application" file. Sorry about that!
    Concerning the issue with Skybox, it's easier if you open a support ticket for your issue as you'll be directly in contact with the developers at Mettle: https://aescripts.com/contact/
    But which file how do I install .deploy extension I tried deploy master and a few others but they are all to build setup files... is there any software tha I can just like "double click on the.exe.deploy file and it installs or I have  have the skills to build an installation package. it sounds really cool but I have never done anything near this category/subject I am quik study if you guide me I´ll do it!!

again, thank you for your patience sorry about that 
  • aescripts app does not recognize the 2018 version at all, had to re-copy everything it saved in the temp folder to the ui scripts panels and plugins manually.
    So would be cool to be able to point the root folder of After Effects for it!)
  • aescripts app does not recognize the 2018 version at all, had to re-copy everything it saved in the temp folder to the ui scripts panels and plugins manually.
    You need to update the Manager app. If you have and it still doesn't recognize it please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
    You need to update the Manager app. If you have and it still doesn't recognize it please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
    how to update the manager app?
    Please Sir,

how do I update the manager app?

thank you very much

regards,
    Andres Pinilla
  • I update the manager, it doesent work anyway. :/
    The installation folder doesent found.

Regrads,
  • I update the manager, it doesent work anyway. :/
    The installation folder doesent found.

Regrads,
    please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1 
  • Can not seem to ever get this to load on my Mac. I have large number of scripts and plugins and it just hangs.
  • Can not seem to ever get this to load on my Mac. I have large number of scripts and plugins and it just hangs.
    This is a known issue and we are working on a fix. Sorry for the trouble.
  • Related to previous comments - the app hangs on login. No need to reply, just want to ensure the product team are aware of this specific load issue. 
  • Thx Matt, the fix is underway, almost finished.
  • Seems to work great for AE, but doesn't know where to put C4D files?  Does it support C4D, or do I have to do those manually?
  • Hi Mark,
    it should install files for C4D as well, so if you have any issue with a C4D product please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Well, I think it ran once in three years...   I keep coming back and trying again and all I ever get with Windows 8.1 is an error message that reads "Initialisation error: Error: The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid" whenever I launch it.
  • Hi Brad,
    we've never come across this error so far, and it rather sounds like an OS issue (corrupted files).
    Please open a ticket so that we can fix it: https://aescripts.com/contact/
    Kevin
  • Kevin, in the blank shell that is left after I dismiss the error I was randomly hitting F keys and F10 brought up some menu keys! There I could do a few limited things. Account login is error from index (5549) but in File | ACCOUNT I could Log In and get a Green light. But nothing else. No listing of apps.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled. But I should I uninstall and deleted all the aescript files in the AppData branch to make sure it is cleaned out?
  • I tried the OSX Version.
    On the right I have 2 scrollbars, one at the top, one at the bottom.
    Doesn't look good.

• I tried the OSX Version.
    On the right I have 2 scrollbars, one at the top, one at the bottom.
    Doesn't look good.

please-open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hi Benne, how do I open the interface? I cannot find it not find a way to open it? 
    If I apply the preset directly from the Animation>Browse Preset menu, it applies it to the selected layer but the parameters do not affect the layer.

Also, I tried to install manually following the instructions in the error message, it is unsuccessful. Could you please help?

Thank you. Useful tool by the way, looking forward to using it!
    Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 3.38.33 AM.png
    3360 x 2100 - 2M
  • Problem solved through manual installation. FYI, the installation with the updater does not work.
  • Hi Pierre,
    you're right it looks like the manager doesn't install the extra files required by Layer Repeater.
    Thanks for letting us know, we'll update the Layer Repeater installation to fix this.
  • Obviously not working with 2019, will an update be relased soon?
  • If the app doesn't notify you of the update for CC 2019, press Alt to reveal the menu and go to Help > Check for Application Update.
    On Windows the updates are checked once a day when you close the app so there can sometimes be a delay, I'll change this.
  • How can we use the "Custom Installation Folders" option? I'd like to set a folder inside of the main "Plugins" folder that all plugins go into.

Preferences > Applications
  • Hi Ryan,
    the "Custom Installation Folders" should be used when Adobe applications are not installed at the default location. I know the setting is a bit cryptic for now, but it's only a way of telling the manager where host applications are.
    What do you have in mind concerning the plugins? By default the app will install most plugins in a subfolder named after the author/brand of the plugin. You'd like to override that so that they only go into one subfolder?
    Note that some plugins have to be installed at the root of the plugins folder though, so we couldn't do that for all products.
  • The download link under 2) on this page is broken. 
    Where are you seeing this link?  Please download from here: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/

Hi Brian,
    thanks for letting us know, the installer changed last week and that link wasn't updated.
    I fixed the link so you should be able to upgrade the ZXP Installer now.
  • Hello! First I want to thank you for the great Tool!
    In fact it isn't so great as I'm not able to copy the license codes from it.
    When I hit Cmd+C then my Mac prompts me with the "Bump" Sound.
    No Deal I told myself but I can't copy the codes either with the left mouse button…the window just disappears. If you guys could fix this bug it would be great!
    Thanks in advance!
  • Hello! First I want to thank you for the great Tool!
    In fact it isn't so great as I'm not able to copy the license codes from it.
    When I hit Cmd+C then my Mac prompts me with the "Bump" Sound.
    No Deal I told myself but I can't copy the codes either with the left mouse button…the window just disappears. If you guys could fix this bug it would be great!
    Thanks in advance!

Please click on the 'License' button to license products, you should not be copy and pasting license codes.