• I just purchased this and it's not working. I'm running the latest version of AE (2015.2). I created a solid, selected it and opened Illumination. It shows my solid as the Ctrl. Layer but all other functions are disabled.

• Hi Michael,

Looking into this now.

-Ben.
  • Keeps locking up. Using it in an Element 3D scene and keeps beachballing my project. Can't select anything. Using only 4 lights too. Running an 8 core processor so shouldn't have these kind of difficulties. Save your money
  • Hey I purchased this to light models from Element 3D and can't seem to get shadows to cast.  I've used my own lights I've created and the shadows appear just fine with the Element 3D models so I was wondering if I was missing saomething?  

Thanks
  • Hey I purchased this to light models from Element 3D and can't seem to get shadows to cast.  I've used my own lights I've created and the shadows appear just fine with the Element 3D models so I was wondering if I was missing saomething?  

Thanks
    Hi Christian,

If you would like to send me your project files over, I'd be happy to take a look. 

Ben.
  • Keeps locking up. Using it in an Element 3D scene and keeps beachballing my project. Can't select anything. Using only 4 lights too. Running an 8 core processor so shouldn't have these kind of difficulties. Save your money
    I missed this comment back in July - sorry! Illumination is essentially a macro to set up a number of standard After Effects lights doing standard After Effects things. If you had spent 40 minutes making the same set up manually, I guess you'd have got the same result. It sounds like a system resources problem. A complex model with soft-shadow casting lights could have the potential to bring your computer grinding to a halt. 

If you have a problem in the future, please start a support ticket and I'll take a look.

-Ben.
  • hi ben! is there a chance to release a CC 2019 version? 
  • I'm moving to a new machine and running CC2019. I used the AEscripts plugins manager to install and now see versions 1.0 and 1.024 in my list of available scripts. Neither of them work in AE. Is this simply a need to update the script for 2019?

thx 
  • Hi, 

I have a scene containing multiple Element 3D models and I would like to know if it's possible to have more than one light panel in a comp? By the way, the light panel I have now is doing an awesome job lighting one of the groups of objects.

Thanks!
  • Hi, 

i just tested the script, but I could not get it working. 
    Will there be an update? 
    thanxs