• Hi there,
    Im getting an error when making my gif. After clicking on Make Gif a window pops up, titled GifBaby.exe - System Error. It says:

The program cant start because api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try Reinstaling the program to fix this problem. 

What can I do? Which program do I reinstall?
  • Hi there,

Im getting an error when making my gif. After clicking on Make Gif a window pops up, titled GifBaby.exe - System Error. It says:

The program cant start because api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try Reinstaling the program to fix this problem. 

What can I do? Which program do I reinstall?

Hi, Paul! Please refer to the user manual, or the product page. There is a link to specific Windows 7 update that is required to run GifGun.
  • Why is there no transparency option?  Gifs support alpha, come on!
    I really wish this tool supported alpha. There are so many instances in my work where I need transparency that it almost make it pointless to have bought this tool. I hope the feature comes soon.
  • I believe leaving the window open or docked in a panel is causing some issue when starting up AE. It always asks to save current project even though its just opening up to another project. Seems to go away when i remove it from a window or panel in a saved workspace. 
  • This is a really useful tool! Quick, easy, and seamless for pretty gifs!  Though I do want to add to the list of "please if possible, add a with transparency option".
  • Hello, I have been having an issue with after effects, every time I open the program it always opens a untitled project by itself and not the tab with the recent projects. Upon research I stumbled upon this. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/882915 more people seem to be having this problem. 
  • Do you know roughly when the update to support alphas will be? I want to buy it but need to make sure this will be coming soon!

Thanks,

Jack
  • Not sure why but the new update for rendering alphas and non-looping aren't working.
  • Albo Yap said:
    Not sure why but the new update for rendering alphas and non-looping aren't working.
    Hi, Albo! So we don't support alphas yet. As for looping, please check it in any web browser. Some OS preview apps loop gifs even if they are unlooped.
  • Hi,
    Does your plugin support the 60FPS videos?

Thanks,
    Dawid
  • Hi,
    Does your plugin support the 60FPS videos?

Thanks,
    Dawid
    Hi, David! Yes, GifGun can render virtually any fps (select "as comp" in fps dropdown). Though keep in mind that this gif size would be much bigger than 25/30fps.
  • Are there Photoshop-like options for types of dithering (none, diffusion, pattern, noise) and types of color palette (adaptive, selective, perceptual, web safe)? 
  • Are there Photoshop-like options for types of dithering (none, diffusion, pattern, noise) and types of color palette (adaptive, selective, perceptual, web safe)? 
    Hi, Navarro. We don't have these settings since GifGun represents anther approach to making GIF animation. You can't really see dynamically how these settings are going to affect your output image. So we trust to our algorithms to choose the best possible color palette and tweak it and dithering with Compression feature. So in a way, the settings you mentioned are not necessary. 
  • Hi, do you know how long until Alpha support? As soon as there is I will buy it :)
  • Love the new installer!
  • Can this output with alpha? I see the option, but I can not get it to output an alpha.

• "Hm. You are running After Effects for the first time. Render anything and relaunch GifGun."

also

"unable to execute script at line 1. outPutmodule undefined

updated to 13.7.2.3 and still getting this error about output module, and the message above

also there is a lossless outputmodule.. also created a pro res output module, it seems to not be fixing whatever is causing the problem... 

any ideas?

• This has saved me so much time! 
    But I'd like more control over the number of colours - to be able to manually input a colour as well as choose 16, 32, 64 etc for speed. 
    Any plans for this?
  • This has saved me so much time! 
    But I'd like more control over the number of colours - to be able to manually input a colour as well as choose 16, 32, 64 etc for speed. 
    Any plans for this?
    Hi, Aaron! We haven't considered this option. 
    This has saved me so much time! 
    Any plans for this?

• hello, is there a way to export gif with transparency ? 
    I use the preset output with alpha but the gif keep going to have a white background? I bought this plugin needed the transparency and i'm so lost.. 
    can you help me ? thanx.
  • Got an email from the support ticket that said to replace the jxsbin file. The link from the Dropbox folder in the email downloads a .txt file. Is that intended? Tried replacing that .txt and with the jxsbin file and no dice the plugin won't show up under the Window option. 

Any ideas?
  • Ian Roop said:

Got an email from the support ticket that said to replace the jxsbin file. The link from the Dropbox folder in the email downloads a .txt file. Is that intended? Tried replacing that .txt and with the jxsbin file and no dice the plugin won't show up under the Window option. 

Any ideas?
    Please reply to the support ticket not here
  • Hey so we did some testing on the Dropbox link you sent over:

Apparently that last character determines whether this will trigger as an automatic download or not. In Safari this link downloads the file as "gifGun.jsxbin.txt" but when you click the link in Chrome it downloads as expected with the correct file extension "gifGun.jsxbin", sounds like a Safari thing. 

Once I replaced the file like you suggested everything worked fine. I grabbed the latest version of AE and we are good to go now. Maybe zipping the file in the future would prevent this from happening. 

Thanks, 

Ian
  • Can you confirm if the latest version of GIFGUN works with AE CS6 on Mac? 

• Hey, for some reason this makes part of my gif grayscale. How can I fix it?
    Attaching the gif here. the Ally part should be purple 
  • Hey, for some reason this makes part of my gif grayscale. How can I fix it?
    Attaching the gif here. the Ally part should be purple 
    Hi, Assaf! This is really strange. Would you please submit a support ticket and send us over your composition file as well as your system information? https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=830
  • J-F REY said:
    hello, is there a way to export gif with transparency ? 
    I use the preset output with alpha but the gif keep going to have a white background? I bought this plugin needed the transparency and i'm so lost.. 
    can you help me ? thanx.
    How can I make a gif with a transparent/alpha background?
  • Is there a restriction in canvas dimensions?

I have to export a gif with 1700px x 799px (don't ask why, customer wants it)
    but everytime I use gifgun, the .gif file is corrupted. Firefox can play it, safari and my osx do not. "file corrupted"
  • Is there a restriction in canvas dimensions?

I have to export a gif with 1700px x 799px (don't ask why, customer wants it)
    but everytime I Use gifgun the .gif file is corrupted. Firefox can play it, safari and my osx do not. "file corrupted")
    Hi, Ulf! The gif file is not corrupted, it's the issue with preview and Safari on certain MacOS versions. Please read an article I wrote on this topic: https://medium.com/@nikska/gif-macos-preview-mystery-e8000d099b5#.jj0tml23a
  • Thank you very much, you saved me a lot of time :)
  • Hey There,

I was wondering if the plugin is in any way accessible through command line, or if the plugin is in any way ready-able in the render queue. We work with an automated system that automatically renders tons of video's and stills, mostly using command line commands and pre-set render queue renders. We would love to add gifs to the possibilities but AE is currently unable to render gifs. This plugin would be a solution to that problem, if it is somehow accessible through our automated systems. Any ideas on those possibilities?

Thanks!
  • I've set up a custom workspace to always have GifGun open. However whenever I open AE or start a new project AE always asks if I want to save first. I have a few other script panels open in this workspace but I've seemed to narrow it down to GifGun causing this issue. Not a huge deal but thought I would give a heads up.

Other than that, this script has saved me a ton of time and is a main stay.

Thanks!
  • I've set up a custom workspace to always have GifGun open. However whenever I open AE or start a new project AE always asks if I want to save first. I have a few other script panels open in this workspace but I've seemed to narrow it down to GifGun causing this issue. Not a huge deal but thought I would give a heads up.

Other than that, this script has saved me a ton of time and is a main stay.

Thanks!
    Hi, Jake! Please update to 1.5, we have fixed this long ago
  • Hey There,

I was wondering if the plugin is in any way accessible through command line, or if the plugin is in any way ready-able in the render queue. We work with an automated system that automatically renders tons of video's and stills, mostly using command line commands and pre-set render queue renders. We would love to add gifs to the possibilities but AE is currently unable to render gifs. This plugin would be a solution to that problem, if it is somehow accessible through our automated systems. Any ideas on those possibilities?

Thanks!
    It is possible of course and we plan to release a commandline version of GifGun later this year
  • Hi, i have a problen to install the gif gun on my after effects 2017 the installer not found the applications folder, because the creative cloud install the software on the documents folder.

Can you help me?

Thanks!
  • Hi, 

My GifGun has started leaving  a save project message when i click on the Make Gif button. It appears to run through saving the project but then gives the message for me to save. it then doesn't do anything, leaving an .avi in the render que. Any ideas?
    Was this ever solved??
  • Hey Guys,

I wanted to try out the gifgun plugin but it is always stuck at "Here it comes".
    Any suggestions?

There was another problem before that, it said I should save the project before rendering.
    But a restart of AE fixed that.
  • Hi,

I get a "Save the project first" popup when I click on the "Make Gif" button. 
    I have a .mov added to the render queue but GifGun doesn't seem to do anything further.
    Restarted couple times but still get the same problem.
  • Hi,

I get a "Save the project first" popup when I click on the "Make Gif" button. 
    I have a .mov added to the render queue but GifGun doesn't seem to do anything further.
    Restarted couple times but still get the same problem.
    Hi, Fabien! Would you please submit a support ticket for that? We're seeing some unusual behavior with latest Windows and AE updates and are trying to pin it down
  • Hello. Love this script, but just started having an error that prevents us from producing gifs. Onclicking the 'Make gif' button an AE message pops-up saying "Save the project first". This is the same for all files that prior to today were working fine. thanks for your help.
  • Hello. Love this script, but just started having an error that prevents us from producing gifs. Onclicking the 'Make gif' button an AE message pops-up saying "Save the project first". This is the same for all files that prior to today were working fine. thanks for your help.
    I've just resolved this by clearing my render queue. All working fine now.
  • Just purchased the product and I'm probably making an amateiur mistake but I'm finding that my gif is being sped up no matter what frame rate I put it at. In fact they all look about the same even at the 30fps or 10fps. 
  • Also having an issue like a lot of other customers seem to be having with the "save the project first" even though I've already saved the project. 
  • hi there
    is it possible to export gifs with transparent background?
    if so,, i really can't figure it out
    if not,, why not? 
    please let me kn wo
    thanks
    Nicky
  • Hi! I Can´t install the script in AE cc 2017.1, help please!
  • Hi quick (possibly dumb) question: where does the extension put the file when you tell it to "save video copy"? I'm not seeing it in the same folder as the GIF.  

• Developers, can you give an update about when transparency is coming. You've said it was due for a future update. That was over a year ago. Please add this. It's the most requested feature.

• Hey Nik,

I'm trying to install the latest update and all the versions are greyed out in the installer. My version of AE is installed in a custom location and there is no option to choose the install location. I saw when I first start the installer that there is a comment about this. Something about opening /Extras and opening the ExtrasInstaller? Have no clue where this is located though. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.