• Your scripts are always amazing.
  • Holly cow, I love this script! I didn't think it would be so useful. I just bought it today and I've already used it on three clips (I'm a wedding videographer). It is so easy to remove bright spots on black surfaces and nail holes on the walls where pictures used to be. Thank you guys, it is well worth the money.
  • Hi Val,

Thanks for the feedback. I love to hear comments like this! I'm really glad you're finding it so useful.

Holly cow, I love this script! I didn't think it would be so useful. I just bought it today and I've already used it on three clips (I'm a wedding videographer). It is so easy to remove bright spots on black surfaces and nail holes on the walls where pictures used to be. Thank you guys, it is well worth the money.

• Your scripts are always amazing.
    Thanks!
  • Script is great. Really worth the asking price.

I had some trouble getting it to work so I thought I would jot down some notes.
    Using Mac 10.7.5 with AECS6 (11.0.2.11)

Mac user notes:
    Script requires Composition_Name to be all one word, otherwise either didn't work (for me) or threw up an error (diameter script link to null broke).

Found using mocha tracking data pasted to null the only way to go, but I moved to this workflow before I renamed my composition to have no spaces.

Using another null linked to the Paint Out null is a great way to tweak location of clone, just remember to unlink after nudging.

Enjoy, great addition to AE.
  • Running the trial for now to test the script and amazed at how it simplifies this process.  I am running CC 2014, and for what I need it works just fine (compatibility listed as CS6 for newest version) but I think it may have a small issue.  Blink button doesn't seem to work for me however I just set it manually per stroke to see the shape (PO Show to on).  I did get the dialog box stating it would only blink 3 nulls during the trial but at the moment I only have a couple selected.
    Perhaps when I get round to upgrading (this is for certain going in my toolbox) it will be fine.

Only wish I got round to testing this out sooner it is great!

Kind Regards

Chris
  • Hi Chris, 

Glad you're finding Paint Out useful. The automatic blinking is set to a timer, and occasionally it happens that After Effects can't blink render the on state and the off state quick enough. The effect is that you don't see the blink before it's turned back off again. The workaround is exactly what you've found though - just use the PO Show. It might be possible to work in a blink-speed setting. I'll see if I can have a look in the new year.

Best,

Ben.
  • Is this compatible with the latest AE CC?
  • Does this work w CC 2014 officially?
  • Hi! First off, thanks for the great script! It's really usefull for me most of the days! But there is two very small feature I'm missing that would make the work so much better.
    First one is to always have Color Adjust enabled, or at least that the script should remember it. I often forget to check the color adjust and after animating all the paremiters I see that I don't have color adjust on the layer and then have to redo everything.
    Second is to have a parameter to move the Paint out-ball. Often the ball is a bit too high or to much to the left for me after tracking something. Being able to animate where the ball is but still move with the track would save me a lot of time! To do this, simply connect the "move like Mask 1-PO Clone 01 -> Transform -> Anchor point" to a x/y controller.

Hopefully you can look this over, at least the second one!
    Thanks!
    // Jacob
  • Great script!  Is there any way for me to increase the "clone size" to greater than 100?  I'm working with 6K footage and even with the clone size set to 100, I'm not quite able to paint out my tracking markers.  Thanks, Michael
  • Sorry, I just found the solution.  On the null layer, I just went into the null's effect pane and select PO Diameter / Hardness and edited the value that was set to 100 to whatever value I needed (200 in this case).  I guess in the next version of Paint Out it would be cool if in the PO UI window the clone size value slider could be manually overridden by the user by entering the numeric value.

Great script!  Is there any way for me to increase the "clone size" to
    greater than 100?  I'm working with 6K footage and even with the clone
    size set to 100, I'm not quite able to paint out my tracking markers. 
    Thanks, Michael

• It would be great if "fix expressions" also looked at the comp scope of the created expressions.
    For example, if you complete a paintout and then precomp it, the expressions break because they're still referencing the comp where they were originally created. One solution would be to use thisComp when creating the expression rather than the direct name of the comp. This may not work for all cases, though. 
  • Feature request: Please make a slider that adjusts the Rotation on the Transform of the PO Clone. (Is this already available somewhere, and I'm just missing it?) That would be much better than hooking it up manually.