rd: CompSetter
  • hi,
    i was wondering why when i set a comp it is always anchored to the left? is there a way so it crops from the middle and not the left?
  • Thanks alot guys, saved me hours of changing individual nested comps from a PSD.  Whew!
  • Hi,

Very useful app.  With the latest iteration of AE CC 2014 however the Apply Button is missing from the compsetter window, so I have no way to use it.  Is this a bug?

Thanks,

Raoul
  • Very useful app.  With the latest iteration of AE CC 2014 however the Apply Button is missing from the compsetter window, so I have no way to use it.  Is this a bug?
    Try using the "Use Legacy UI" option on the top right flyout menu. (this option is available for all scripts btw).

• Guys, it is awesome plugin. But is it possible to scale layers with comp? 
  • Guys, it is awesome plugin. But is it possible to scale layers with comp? 
    You will need to run the "Scale Composition" script from the File->Scripts->"Demo Palette" script that ships with AE.
  • Fantastic thanks!
  • 3.3 Awesome! set to 3D is very helpful to me! Thanks!

• Great tool, just got turned onto it, its unfortunately missing what I need most. 

START TIME! :D 

any chance in a future update you may add that feature?
  • Unfortunately this script does not the Frame Rate for comps in CC2105
  • I really wish that there was a way to specify a percentage to increase comps by, rather than a raw pixel value. Say setting all selected comps to increase their resolution by 10x or 2x or whatever would be EXTREMELEY useful. Thanks!
  • Just updated this for the first time since 2.5!

Really missing the "rename comp" fields.  They were reallly useful.

Was also hoping you had added a feature to scale layers within comps that you change the dimensions of.  Its really annoying to scale up a comp then come in and find all the layers are still sized the same.
  • Is there a limitation for how many comps this works with in a project? Or does it work in CC 2015? I've tried several times and AE stops responding when using this script and I have to shut it down. This would be super useful but I can't get it to work.  Thanks!
  • This is a great script and it's saved me in the past. Recently however I tried it and I found that it's working differently than AE does when resetting a comp size. AE will seem to recenter everything in the frame when you resize the comp but this script keeps the new crop in the top left of the original size, making all the layers appear shifted down and to the right. If there's a way to have this script work the same way that AE does, that would help a lot. But I appreciate all the work done and given to the community for free. Thanks!
  • Doesn't seem to work at all in the latest version of AE - 2015.3
  • Same here Paul. Trying to set the comp length as well for nested comps and rd_CompSetter doesn't do anything anymore.  I hope there's an update soon.
  • We love this script at our shop! We use it so often. One thing we would love to be added to a future update would be the ability to change from Drop to Non-Drop frame & vice versa. Thank you so much for all of your hard work!
  • Hoping an update will come out soon 
  • Good afternoon. It is very useful script. Helps with daily work. But it is impossible to use him to change permission of the project it is normal. I have an idea, but I am not strong in programming. There is my idea.
    1. In active composition it is created 3d Null in center
    2. all layers which aren't attached to anybody become attached to Null
    3 Null scale * (oldwight/newwight) 
    4 Delete null
    5 all layers in composition which are precomp * (newwight/oldwight) 
    6 we repeat everything for the enclosed precomp
    Thanks. I will be grateful if you realize it.
  • Is Collapse Transforms something that can be toggled by a script in CC2017?
  • Script does not work at all with 2017

Please fix. This is forcing me to spend hours on bs
  • I would pay £££££££££££££ for this to work.
  • This doesn't seem to work properly in CC19. Update nested comps doesn't work specifically. I would pay for this to work, as well!
  • So now this doesn't work properly in CC2019 and hasn't been updated in 3 years is there any alternative? Or is anyone clever up to making one? 
  • It is working in AE 2019 (or at least AE Version 16.0.0)
    Just go to the Project Window, search for all compositions, mark them and then run the script. Frame rate change worked fine for me. Thank you very much, saved me a lot of time.

• Request / Question: Background Color?
    Assume this is more complicated, but is there a way to set background colour on multiple comps?
    Any other workarounds?

(I have a premultiplication problem I need to fix quickly and get them all set back to black)
  • I would pay money to have this script updated to work with current 2019 build of AE. Please!
  • Does this script lets you rotate a comp? (and all the footage in it)
  • I would pay money to have this script updated to work with current 2019 build of AE. Please!
    I've got it working in the newest 2020 build, was able to change frame rates of over 50 comps at once (thank you for still working, for my sanity..)
  • Hi The script blurb mentions you can change motion blur settings is this just shutter angle? 
    I would very much like to be able to turn on the motion blur check box for all nested layers and comps but can't find a way 

Cheers

All
  • Hi Jeffrey,

I've added anchor point functionality to your script, I don't know if I'm allowed to link it on here so let me know if you want it, or have a GitHub I could branch.

Thanks.   
  • Any chance this script could be updated to more "compact" or responsive layout? At the moment, change window is pretty big and Apply button does not 'wrap around" when script window is narrow. Just a nice to have feature :)
  • I am using cc2019 is this compatible as I have selected all layers to increase duration to double its present time hit enter and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
  • My bad needed to extend window to see the apply button
  • I learning after effects and not sure of all the terms. Is it possible for comp setter to also porportionally stretch out the keyframes when increasing the timeline? If so what setting need to be checked off.
  • Does anybody have this working in AE 2022? I can run the script, but it only seems to work on one comp at a time? (Can't select mulitple)
  • Same issue with CC 2022 - only works on one comp at a time - won't process multiple comps when selected...
  • Does not work in AE 2021 or 2022 - only selects one comp at a time.
  • Hi, someone knows an alternative that works in CC2022?
  • Does anybody have this working in AE 2022? I can run the script, but it only seems to work on one comp at a time? (Can't select mulitple)
    Yes it is working in AE 2022 - Filter "Composition" in project panel. > select all comp > apply script
    Yes it is working in AE 2022 - Filter "Composition" in project panel. > select all comp > apply script
    it will not work if we select other than comps (images, video etc.,)
  • Hello! this is on of my most used scripts at all times! however I discovered that max frame rate you can set is 99fps, where I am trying to make it to 120fps. is it possible?
  • When I change the size values it change the comp taking as anchor point the top left corner and not the center of the comp.... ¿this is ok?
  • Update to 2023 please
  • No loop option?
  • Has anyone been able to resolve the script only running on one comp at a time even though I have multiple selected?
  • Just wanted to note that if you try installing this via the ZXP installer may only show up as available for 2022 - just need to grab the script and drop it in your most current version's UI Scripts folder. Works great, thanks so much 
  • Tony Hart said:
    Has anyone been able to resolve the script only running on one comp at a time even though I have multiple selected?
    I wish! I'm looking for this update as well