• This is awesome script! I have a pre-sale question if that's okay.

Is there a chance to customize the look of the compPack? I'm a graphic guy and I would like to tinker a little bit the panel so it will fit the design I like :)

Thanks and I'm excited to purchase this!
  • Hi Twere.
    compCode and compPack doesn't require any coding/programming experience. However if you want to make changes to design/layout of the panel, then you'll have to do some coding yourself.

Hope that answers your question.
    This is awesome script! I have a pre-sale question if that's okay.

Is there a chance to customize the look of the compPack? I'm a graphic guy and I would like to tinker a little bit the panel so it will fit the design I like :)

Thanks and I'm excited to purchase this!

• Hi!

Just wanna ask if there's a way to retain a custom layer name. Here's what I'm trying to do.

I have animated shape layers and its color property is parented to a Adjustment Layer with Color Controller effect.
    I rename the Adjustment Layer to "COLOR CHANGE" I want and save it as compCode script.
    When I load the script the Adjustment Layer name is back to default.

How can I retain the custom layer name I place on a layer. There seem to be no error in the saving of script so I think there's really no problem.

Thanks!

• if I have a composition with a few layer s, when I launch the final code, automatically generated composition is placed under all layers. there is a way to ensure that you generate above?
  • if I have a composition with a few layer s, when I launch the final code, automatically generated composition is placed under all layers. there is a way to ensure that you generate above?
    I would like to know this also
  • Hi Marco.
    Unfortunately it's not possible in this version of compCode. I will add it to wish list and see if it's doable.

if I have a composition with a few layer s, when I launch the final code, automatically generated composition is placed under all layers. there is a way to ensure that you generate above?

• What Should I Do For This Eror --------------------------- Script Alert --------------------------- Error in creatingCompositions. Composition "Liquidish" Error Line: 1874 Message: After Effects error: Unable to set “workAreaDuration”. Value 9.03 out of range 0.03 to 9.03.

• Hi.
    Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/ and we'll figure it out.

What Should I Do For This Eror --------------------------- Script Alert --------------------------- Error in creatingCompositions. Composition "Liquidish" Error Line: 1874 Message: After Effects error: Unable to set “workAreaDuration”. Value 9.03 out of range 0.03 to 9.03.

• Hi, is it possible to have a preview image or gif next to each script? Or is there any way to see content of the script without actually pressing that script?
    Thanks
  • Hi Mike. It's not possible in current version.
    However, I am working on an update that will have option to include thumbnails. I promised to release it early this year, but life just got in a way.
    Hi, is it possible to have a preview image or gif next to each script? Or is there any way to see content of the script without actually pressing that script?
    Thanks

• Looking forward to that update! :)
  • Hi Tomas,

Are you still supporting this and looking to update it soon? It looks like the script could save me hours of animation and I'm considering it right now. Let me know! 
  • HI!
    This Script is Awesome!!!
    I have a question.
    In my job i have to import many photos, put inside AE, make some things (in all) and export them.
    We use this bunch of files inside a PSD file and each layer is a Comp inside AE.
    (Each Layer is a kind of template. We just change the layer PSD)
    I tried with the compCode to do a template of this, but the photo (where i put the "file:" tag) was replaced...
    But i would that script get many files an creates the same number of AE Comps.
    The compCode works well but i need to Replace the photos one by one (cause the "file:" tag is a "Replacer").
    How can i get a lot of photos at once?
    Thanks!!!
  • Hi Edvan.
    I am sorry, I don't really understand what you are trying to achieve.
    Could you please open a support ticket and attach AEP file along with all the assets so I can take a look at your workflow?
    Thanks.
  • Hi Tomas..
    Waiting for a new version!
    Is the new version getting ready?
    When will it be published?

Thanks..
  • Can I use this to save down to older versions of AE? I just got 2017 on one computer but I have CS6 on another, I just want to save down without having to install every version of AE inbetween. 
  • As long as you don't use anything fancy that was introduced in CC2017, you will be fine executing script in CS6.

Cheers.
    Can I use this to save down to older versions of AE? I just got 2017 on one computer but I have CS6 on another, I just want to save down without having to install every version of AE inbetween. 

• It looks for linked assets starting at the root of my hard drive so I cant transfer the project to another computer without it breaking because it cant find the assets, even though they are in the same folder. Is there away to tell it to look for assets locally in a project folder.
  • It is not currently possible to collect source files with compCode.
    However, do you mind opening up a support ticket here https://aescripts.com/contact/ so I could send you updated compCode version to see if that solves your issue at this time.

It looks for linked assets starting at the root of my hard drive so I cant transfer the project to another computer without it breaking because it cant find the assets, even though they are in the same folder. Is there away to tell it to look for assets locally in a project folder.

• does it run on CC2018? I need this in my life!
  • Yes it does. Sorry, I forgot to update version compatibility.

does it run on CC2018? I need this in my life!

• Quick Question.
    Can I get the extendScript code from shape layers I draw  in a comp with this tool?
  • Quick Question.
    Can I get the extendScript code from shape layers I draw  in a comp with this tool?
    Yes sir.
  • Hello. I want to buy, but I do not know, does the latest version have the ability to add thumbnails?
  • hi, if the marker.chapter has a value like " {\an} " , the script will run with the error. I read the generated code and find that chapter content has been as an [object] ,not a [string]
  • Hello Tomas,
    Thanks for a great script.
    Will Data values like gradient fills and strokes for shape layers be supported in the future or is this a limitation of what extend script can do?
    Thx
  • Hey Amine.
    Yeah, this is ESTK limitation.
    However, compCode has an option to save such values to Animation Preset FFX and apply it later.

Hello Tomas,
    Thanks for a great script.
    Will Data values like gradient fills and strokes for shape layers be supported in the future or is this a limitation of what extend script can do?
    Thx

• Hello.
    When I used this script, the contents of other scripts were overwritten.
    What does this mean?
  • Hello Hiromu.
    I am not sure I understand your issue. Can you please open a support ticket and attach some screenrecording? Thank you.

Hello.
    When I used this script, the contents of other scripts were overwritten.
    What does this mean?

• I am having difficulty with "Master Properties." Are they supported?
  • Hey there, I have this error in AE 16.1.0 (Build 204): "Unable to execute script at line 1. Function csetDate in undefined". Can you please fix it? Thank you! 

• I cannot provide support via forum. Please open a support ticket instead https://aescripts.com/contact/

Hey there, I have this error in AE 16.1.0 (Build 204): "Unable to execute script at line 1. Function csetDate in undefined". Can you please fix it? Thank you! 

• I cannot provide support via forum. Please open a support ticket instead https://aescripts.com/contact/

Problem fixed. The culprit was another extension I have installed. Thank you! 
  • Do scripts built with this work with Pseudo effects?
  • Are you working on a release for 2020?
  • Hi Tom,
    I'm having problems with json files.

are json files not supported?
  • Loving this tool, is there any chance there's a workaround to make the scripts trigger on the top layer as opposed to the bottom?
  • It's definitelly doable, but you'll need to go into output JSX file and modify some code lines. I cannot give you specific details on how to do this, as it's different for each case.

Cheers.

Loving this tool, is there any chance there's a workaround to make the scripts trigger on the top layer as opposed to the bottom?

• is AE 17.7.0 supported? 
    im having problems with some pseudo effects. 
  • Hi there! Love this script and use it all the time. I am having a little trouble though. When I use compPack everything works as described except when I try use it as dockable panel in my script UI panels. The thumbnails and list of scripts vanish (enough though the logo stays put) - when running the script normally, everything works fine. Are these not compatible with script ui panels?

Thanks!
  • I hear I should not install ESTK anymore -- is that true?
  • Hi, I'm just starting to use CompCode...and i think it's exactly what i need to create the script i'm attempting. But i'm getting an error when i try and run the script that CompCode has created. I've created a pseudo effect on a shape layer...and the script creates the shape layer and applies the pseudo effect. Except it doesn't...it creates the layer but when it tries to add the pseudo effect i get an error "Can not add a property name "My Script" to this Property Group".

The line that is creating the error has the code  'shadowcontroller.property("ADBE Effect Parade").addProperty("Pseudo/950256");'...so i guess it's having trouble adding the pseudo effect? How do i recitfy this...do i need to include the pseudo effects xml into the code?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks.
  • Hi Tomas,

I've purchased a copy of `compCode`. 

I'm curious, is there a way for us to programmatically access the `package` and `load` functionality seen in the panel?

We'd like to access these two functionalities via Extendscript. 

• When do you expect AE 22 support?

Thanks
  • When do you expect AE 22 support?

Thanks

mine works in AE 22.
  • great tool x10 faster than importing .aep files
  • I'm getting this error: Failed to apply Hidden values Error: After Effects error: Can not "set value" this this property,
    because the property or a parent property is hidden.
    And layer info..
  • Please open a support ticket

miki kada said:
    I'm getting this error: Failed to apply Hidden values Error: After Effects error: Can not "set value" this this property,
    because the property or a parent property is hidden.
    And layer info..

• Pre purchase question. Hi there! I have a question. After effects CS6 used to save .aep project files really small in size (mbytes) comparing to a file created in CS2019 and above. The size is not changing even if the file is saved backwards for CS6 . The fact that it’s created in CC leads to a 2 and 3 times larger file :( An easy example might be a .aep with just a layer created in CS6 vs created in CC. SO can your script reduce the .aep file size? Thanks
  • Hi. Hope you are well. I have bought compCode to work alongside Font Manager for some animated fonts. Do you have any specific TypePack tutorials? Thanks