• tried to repeat the lesson

When it is very close to the letter of the camera, there are extraneous lines.
    use plexus 2
  • Love to see Plexus import Alembic files now that all major 3D apps support it.
  • ...When it is very close to the letter of the camera, there are extraneous lines.
    use plexus 2
    I can confirm that.
    When the camera is close to the lines, some of the lines are reacting uncontrollable...
    Please fix that soon, because I sitting on a job right now.

Thank you

Serge
  • ...When it is very close to the letter of the camera, there are extraneous lines.
    use plexus 2
    I can confirm that.
    When the camera is close to the lines, some of the lines are reacting uncontrollable...
    Please fix that soon, because I sitting on a job right now.

Thank you

Serge
    I'm also having this issue... no luck in finding a solution. My only thought as a temporary solution for the project im on...is to download plexus 1.4? Though I havent had any luck finding a download for that either. Dang it! Can we get an update on whether this is being worked on or not? :)

Thanks!

Ryan
  • The close lines issue is one of the fixes in v2.0.2 just posted.  Please download it from the My Downloads & Licenses (https://aescripts.com/downloadable/customer/products/) section of your user account.
  • The company im working at just bought Plexus 2 for a project. But the plugin is not working properly. The dots or lines do not connect to nulls or lights at all. So the strange part is, is that i made the same project at home with my own computer with plexus 2 and it works just fine. I have included images so you can see what i mean. The only assumption i have is that its a different OS or the video card. Everything is the same. Same version of AE and Plexus 2. Has anyone had this problem?

• The dots and lines not lining up issue was fixed in the 2.0.2b update.  Please download the new version from the My Downloads & Licenses  section of your user account.

Also, for technical support issues please open a support ticket and you will get a much quicker response
  • My company just bought plexus 2. But I've been having crashes in cs6 when I use sprites for dots. The sprite is 50x50px shape layer comp. I'm running osx 10.7.4. I have a project due this coming monday Oct15. Any help/insight would b greatly appreciated. Other then that the plugin is epic!!
  • Please open a support ticket and we can help you.
  • Is it possible to seamlessly loop the noise evolution
    on the noise effector? LoopOut doesn't appear to work.  Are there any workarounds to doing this, or would it need a 'cycle
    evolution' option similar to the one in Fractal Noise to make it work? (in a future update perhaps!) Thank you.
  • Hi, I started using Plexus2 this week. Great plug-in and the modular / stacked architecture is very smart.
    Now what I notice, is that the memory usage is going up and up while tweaking the variables, until AE is out of RAM.
    I can see the RAM usage increase in Activity Monitor. I'm using OSX 10.6.8.

In practice, I have to quit AE after say 15 minutes and start it again, to cleanup the memory. Purging the Disk and Image cache have no effect.
    Any thoughts on that??

I'm using Plexus 2.0.6, AE CS6 11.0.2.11, and 4GB of RAM.
  • Jeroen, please open a support ticket for help.  If you can include a sample project (without footage) and a screencast or anything else that will help us see what is happening would be very helpful.
  • I have 2 machines a laptop and a imac, and would like to use plexus 2 on both, does this mean I have to buy 2????????
  • The license allows you to install Plexus on two machines as long as they are not being used at the same time.  So you would not be required to buy a second license if this applies to you.
  • Been having issues when using the bezier feature, it causes flickering. Has anyone else run into this issue, and is there a workaround / solution?
  • Can you give us more details James?  You can also always open a support ticket for direct help. Sending you project file without footage will help us debug the problem.
  • Can you not use textured sprites with an imported obj file?

Edit: The time sampling option works fine for lights driving plexus, but the dropdown doesn't show up for this obj I imported from Cinema4d (not a sequence).
  • i've just purchased this one. but why i still have red X line which only trial version should have?

• Please refer to this FAQ for help:  How to register Rowbyte plugins
  • Maybe because it's capable of so much more now, but ever since I've upgraded to Plexus 2, the plugin seems to get quite a lot heavier even with the simplest of setup. I have 4 3D nulls acting as points and it takes a few seconds to even open up the effects controls with GPU acceleration. Back in the first Plexus I remember the plugin used to run so much faster. I hope it can get some of it back in future.
  • The problem might be the new hash-cache in CS6 tries to pre-cache the entire comp that causes the slow-down. Try turning off the "Show Cache Indicators" in the timeline window (the right side flyout menu has this pref). 
  • The problem might be the new hash-cache in CS6 tries to pre-cache the entire comp that causes the slow-down. Try turning off the "Show Cache Indicators" in the timeline window (the right side flyout menu has this pref). 
    Thank you for the suggestion, but it's still very slow. I installed it on CS5 and it's definitely running as quickly as the first Plexus.
  • Could you provide a link or explanation of how export an obj from 3dsMax for use in Plexus 2. I could not this information in help pdf or on web.

I have been exporting using  gw: obj exporter, using Cinema 4d settings both with triangles andand quads settins with no luck. These setting work with Element 3d.

Thnx for your help.
  • I ran into a bug: If the "the name starts with" for an object is long and with spaces - like: United Arab Emirates -
    then Plexus 2 crashes AfterFX every time the effect is invoked (just selecting the plexus layer) - even when the FX enable is unchecked.

I had to go back to an earlier saved version.
  • Thanks for reporting this.  We will investigate it further and provide a fix in an upcoming version.
  • I ran into a bug: If the "the name starts with" for an object is long and with spaces - like: United Arab Emirates then Plexus 2 crashes AfterFX every time the effect is invoked (just selecting the plexus layer) - even when the FX enable is unchecked.
    Michael, we have been unable to re-pro this error. Can open a support ticket and  send us the project file? We only need the project, no need to include any footage.
  • Right now we can choose which groups a renderer will use, but could we also have a dropdown to choose to exclude groups? For example I could choose to affect All Groups but then exclude Group 1 in order to affect only groups 2 to 10.
  • Is there any way to cut off the plexus at a certain z-space in order to create the illusion of the plexus wrapping around something?
    For example, I have a sphere shaped plexus with triangulation, rendering the outer surface. I then want a globe to appear in the middle of the plexus. But I can't figure out any way to block the back of the plexus surface, so the plexus sphere is always rotating completely in front of my globe or completely behind.
    Please let me know if I am missing something or if you know of a work around.
    Thanks!

• Is there a tutorial for using Object Type - 3D Layers (AV Layers) from the Plexus Layers Object menu? 

I'm not really sure what type of layer/object this is referring too. 
  • Is there any way to cut off the plexus at a certain z-space in order to create the illusion of the plexus wrapping around something?

This is called back face culling and it is a feature that is planned for a future version of Plexus
  • Is there a tutorial for using Object Type - 3D Layers (AV Layers) from the Plexus Layers Object menu? 

I'm not really sure what type of layer/object this is referring too. 
    All our tutorials including one on using AV Layers are under the VIDEOS tab on the Plexus product page.  
  • Right now we can choose which groups a renderer will use, but could we also have a dropdown to choose to exclude groups? For example I could choose to affect All Groups but then exclude Group 1 in order to affect only groups 2 to 10.
    This is a good suggestion!
  • Is there a way to intersect other 3d layers with Plexus ? for example if i want to add a text middle of an plexus shape the text is in front or back of plexus as the layer order (The same issue with particular) is there any solution ?
  • Is this CC compatible yet?  If not, do you have any idea how far off it will be?
  • Yes it is CC compatible.
  • Yes it is CC compatible.
    How do we intall the plugin on CC ?! Installer only see CS5-CS6 versions..
  • Until we release new CC installers simply copy the Plexus folder from the CS6 Plug-ins folder over to CC Plug-ins folder.  If you don't have CS6 installed open a support ticket and we can get you the plugin files so you can install it manually. By the way, we should have a CC compatible installer soon.
  • I have a bug when i displace the folder into CC plugin. Do you know when the new installer will be released?
  • Adrien: Please open a support ticket and we can help you.
  • Is there an upgrade path from Plexus 1? Just curious. Love the original but this one looks off the hook!
  • Hi, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I render a still or a .mov, the output is very different to what I see in the comp in CC. So when I saved a version for CS6 the comp looked like what was being output from CC. Any idea what I should do?
  • Can please open a support ticket and include the renders as well as comp screenshots from both versions as well as the project file. You don't need to include any footage just the .aep
  • Couldn't find a result in a search for this... 

Does the plugin currently support motion blur? I've been playing around with the trial and can't find this option – which leads me to believe it may not exist.
  • The current version does not support MB natively but you can always use a plugin like Force Motion Blur or RSMB to add motion blur.  MB is planned for a future version.
  • Hi,
    I'm trying to apply a "color map" effector to an OBJ sequence and it seems to jump around erratically.

Here's the OBJ sequence rendered in Plexus, looks good:

Here it is with footage applied via the "color map" effector. You can see it jumps around strangely (sorry it's a little dark):

For reference, here's the same OBJ and footage rendered with Form. The footage stays still as expected:

Any ideas? Thanks!

• Any ideas? Thanks!
    Sorry, it's too dark for us to be able to tell what is going on. Can you please open a support ticket and supply the project file (just the .aep and obj seq, no other footage is necessary) as well as a brighter version of the problem?
  • Hi,

Im having a problem, perhaps is not even possible but I really doubt that, here the scenario.

I have a obj(earth continent) on wich i put a line renderer then a noise effector, then animate the noise from 368 to 38 and everything is smooth, but when I change the location of my obj in x,y via the plexus obj object panel, the noise animation became jerky, its like almost every vertex change every frame because of the location changing.

Here the video of the obj moving:

Here the obj not moving:

Thank in advance!