iExpressions 2
  • imageiExpressions 2

Harness the power of After Effects expressions without writing or reading a single line of code. More than 125 ready to use (and customize) iExpressions – and each of them comes with an easy and intuitive to use interface.

https://aescripts.com/iexpressions/

• I updated to iexpressions2 buta m not seeing how to acces the second part of the tutorial showing attaching the character to the IK skeleton?
  • yikes. lots of typos.
  • AHA! never mind. I found the link in my purchase receipt. Cheers!
  • Hi Kathleen, good to hear that you found it. In addition to the purchase email, you also find the tutorials in the download section of your customer account.
  • Hi,
    Which Bundle has the 2D Character Rigging please?

Thank you.

• HI Raed,

for character animation, the Physics bundle is the most
    important one. It contains all the inverse kinematics, the puppet pin
    links, the walk cycle and the rotating wheels.

However, also some other iExpressions bundles are useful for
    character animation. In the Character Animation Tutorial series
    (http://mamoworld.com/character-animation-tutorials) we use, for example

- some expressions of the wiggle bundle to add some overall random motion to the character

- the Layer Distance Link iExpression to detect whether the character
    is walking and make the baby buggy wiggle (in combination with another
    Wiggle iExpression) when this is the case

- the Rotation Link iExpression (Linking Bundle) to make the spokes appear and disappear naturally when it is rotating

- the Loop iExpression from the Movement Modifier Bundle to create a looping breathing animation

Also other iExpressions (like the Change at Marker 2D iExpression) can be very useful for character animation.

So, if you only have the budget for 1 bundle, Physics Bundle is the
    best choice. But the other ones will still be very useful for you. Also
    note that you only get early access to all parts of the tutorial series,
    if you buy the Full Bundle.

Cheers,

Mathias

• Hi Mathias,

I have two suggestions to iExpressions,

First, for character animation, is it possible to add a control that swap between layers or frames of compositions.That would be really useful and save a lot of time .. specially when I want to create face expressions.

Second,for Audio section, is it possible to add a new function that allow us to Fade In/Out audio ("according to our In/Out markers")

Cheers,
    Basem
  • Thank you for those suggestions, Basem.
    Swapping between layers is an interesting idea. This iExpression does not the same thing, but it is a bit similar and could also be useful for you:
    http://mamoworld.com/after-effects-expression/time-remap-marker

• Hi again,
    Yeah, I tried Time Remap at Marker Expression and it's amazing , if you could give it the ability to let us select which frame I need to appear at the exact marker and stay at that frame until reach the next marker, that would be very useful.
  • I also have another tool in beta currently, that is similar to what you want to have. I send you a private message with an invitation to the beta.
  • With your counter, could you please make it link to a Point Control rather than slider.  that way we could key to numbers beyond 1 million without having to use the multiply?  
  • Hi Robert,
    linking to a slider is just the default. You can select any property (including a point control) and then click the chainlink icon to link the counter to it.

• Doesn't work. "Unable to executescript at line 1. Invalid Image data
  • Cutman, please open a support ticket here
    https://aescripts.com/contact/
    Please include at least the following information:
    - are you on Mac or Windows?
    - what version of Ae are you using?
    - exact text of the error message
    The more details you provide, the quicker I will be able to help.

Wild guess: When launched the first time, iExpressions creates some image files it needs for the UI. Maybe this process was somehow interrupted in your case (maybe you killed iExpressions before it could finish this) and now one of those files is corrupted. You can fix this by deleting the folder with those images such that on the next start of iExpressions they will be recreated again. The folder is on MacOS:
    /Users/YOUR USER/Library/Application Support/Aescripts/iExpressions
    on Windows
    C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Roaming\Aescripts\iExpressions
    Again: if this does not solve the issue, please open a support ticket with a description of the issue that is as detailed as possible.
    Doesn't work. "Unable to executescript at line 1. Invalid Image data

• Is there an upgrade price for version 2? I just installed version 1 for AE 2017 and it looks like it is no longer supported? Is this correct. I'm on a Mac.
  • Hi Jamie,

if you own any bundle of iExpressions 1 you get a 90% discount for the same bundle of iExpressions 2. If you purchased iExpressions V1 in May 2015 or later, the update is 100% free. To get the upgrade pricing simply login to the same account with which you made the V1 purchase.

Also, it is still possible to use V1, but it is not updated anymore. In the iExpressions settings, you need to choose "use local library file" instead of using the most recent library available online (since this will try to access the incompatible V2 library) and use the library.xml file that is included in your iExpressions V1 download.

V2 has various new expressions (for example the automatic walk cycle) and an updated UI.
    Is there an upgrade price for version 2? I just installed version 1 for AE 2017 and it looks like it is no longer supported? Is this correct. I'm on a Mac.

• Hello, Is there an Update coming soon to add CC18 compatibility?
  • Hello, Is there an Update coming soon to add CC18 compatibility?
    Sorry, I forgot to update the compatibility information, added this right now. It should be fully compatible with CC2018. If you any issues, just let me know. Make sure to install the most recent version (currently 2.02) of iExpressions, since it contains some UI improvements for CC2017/18
  • Hey! Great tool here but i have a question regarding the "Time Counter" in "Source Text" category:

Is it possible to have something like a soccer timer? 

For example: 120(m):00(s) instead of 2:00:00 (90 + 30 for a full game)

Thanks!
  • Hi Frederico,
    currently this is not supported but it is a great idea. I have put this on my list of feature requests, so I have to think about the details but I might implement it in a future update.

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • Not Working for me in AE CC2019 16.0.02 whenever trying to parent properties UI disappears
  • Thanks for reporting this! I just tried and on my system it works as expected.
    Could you please open a support ticket here?
    Please include as many details as possible (what OS you are using, which steps you are doing exactly and how the result looks - best including screenshots). The more details I know the quicker and better I am able to help.

Also, does it help if you enable "Use legacy UI" in the flyout menu of the iExpressions panel?

Cheers,
    Mathias

Not Working for me in AE CC2019 16.0.02 whenever trying to parent properties UI disappears

• Thank you for you quick response, 
    Using legacy UI doesn't resolve the problem. I've opened a ticket with a video example. 
  • Thank you, Dan. I've just seen the ticket and the video is very helpful. Very good observation that it  only happens if the linked property already has an expression. I will look into it today and let you know as soon as I found the issue.

Cheers,
    Mathias

Thank you for you quick response, 
    Using legacy UI doesn't resolve the problem. I've opened a ticket with a video example. 

• I just published a new version iExpressions 2.03 which fixes the issue.

Thank you for you quick response, 

• Trial doesn't start

AE 16.1.1 (build 4)
    expressions engine was set to both javascript and legacy
  • Hi Oleg,
    on first launch iExpressions creates some images for its user interface and it looks like this process failed for some reason on your system. Now you probably have some corrupted images on your system. Please check if the following folder exists:
    on Mac:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Aescripts/iExpressions 2
    on Win:
    %appdata%\Aescripts\iExpressions 2
    If this folder exists, please delete it and on the next start BeatEdit will recreate the folder and try to create all the images it needs again.

Trial doesn't start

AE 16.1.1 (build 4)
    expressions engine was set to both javascript and legacy

• Yes, deleting that folder resolved the problem, thanks.
  • Yes, deleting that folder resolved the problem, thanks.
    Thank you for the feedback! :-)
  • Hi,

the software is completely broken as it cannot download libraries, cannot retrieve licenses etc. 
    When downloading Libraries it says the file is corrupt.
    All these options refer to some AEScripts.com website and it seems that AEScripts.com has changed something.

• Hi Frank,

thank you for reporting this!

We are currently working on a new major version of iExpressions that fixes all of this and adds some exciting new features.

Yes, the library download is broken due to a recent update of the aescripts server. However, you can still use iExpressions as follows:
    1) store the file "myLibrary.xml" that is included in the product download anywhere on your harddrive
    2) when iExpressions launches, ignore the message that the library could not be downloaded, open the iExpressions settings (gear wheel icon) and choose the file "myLibrary.xml" as local library file. Then iExpressions uses this file instead of the library it attempts to download.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi,

the software is completely broken as it cannot download libraries, cannot retrieve licenses etc. 
    When downloading Libraries it says the file is corrupt.
    All these options refer to some AEScripts.com website and it seems that AEScripts.com has changed something.

• Just want to say and leave this here.........

Rollercoaster Master + Rotating Wheel Linear/Curvaceous = Amazing and Incredible Rotating wheels with physics speed along custom specified paths....
  • Thanks for sharing this tip, Chris! :-)

Just want to say and leave this here.........

Rollercoaster Master + Rotating Wheel Linear/Curvaceous = Amazing and Incredible Rotating wheels with physics speed along custom specified paths....

• anyone noticed how its buggy in latest AE CC 16.1.2 or its only my machine ? I cannot load any thing from library it freeze AE :/
  • Hi Hussain,
    for me it works fine on CC 16.1.2
    Could you please open a support ticket at
    and explain as detailed as possible (best with screenshots) what you do before Ae freezes?
    Did you make sure to install the most recent version if iExpressions V2?

Cheers
    Mathias
  • I just bought the full bundle but I can't activate it, while the AEscripts installer says to activate and the AE popup says it still remains in demo mode, and  when I manually enter the license in the settings of the plugin it says license invalid...