Tool Launcher
  • This is awesome! My FT-Toolbar stopped working and I've missed it a lot.... Not anymore! This is super! :)

Thanks Rune! 

• First toolbar I've bought for AE so looking forward to using it :)

Is here the best place to give feedback/requests?
  • Is here the best place to give feedback/requests?
    This forum is for general discussion and reviews. If you found a bug, have technical issues, or feature requests, please open a support ticket.
  • Gah bit of a let down - many scripts don't seem to have the "Show UI in tl_panel" option.,..?

• Gah bit of a let down - many scripts don't seem to have the "Show UI in tl_panel" option.,..?

The scripts in the "ScriptUI Panels" folder are added by default as menu commands that opens up the scripts panel (same as opening them from the window menu).
     If you would like to open them in the tl_panel, you can add the "ScriptUI Panels" folder to Tool Launcher (In the paths tab) or add a new tool that points to a script file, for each of the scripts you want to open in tl_panel.
  • Ahh right. Was that in the manual? I missed that part.

Thanks dude. Pinging you some future requests :-)
  • I don't think it was, but I'll add it in. :)
    Thanks!
  • cool idea, but i have been experiencing lots of bugs.. looking forward to the next version!
  • cool idea, but i have been experiencing lots of bugs.. looking forward to the next version!
    If you have, please open a support ticket. I can't fix things I don't know about ;)
  • Is it possible for you to add a scrolling bar for tl_bar.

I have it set for big icons and it doesn't take much for the tools to become inaccessible.

This would be mush appreciated!  (CS6 btw)
  • I think I may be doing something wrong or I haven't really understood something about this plugin...

Is there a way to save my current state of configurations to a file?

I ask because I make changes and then I have to keep remaking the same changes...

I see the Path tab with the path to the config file but it is unclear what that does.

There should be, I think, a clear button to save the current state...
  • Luc Trudel said:
    Is it possible for you to add a scrolling bar for tl_bar.

I have it set for big icons and it doesn't take much for the tools to become inaccessible.

This would be mush appreciated!  (CS6 btw)
    It's on the to-do list.
    I think I may be doing something wrong or I haven't really understood something about this plugin...

Is there a way to save my current state of configurations to a file?

I ask because I make changes and then I have to keep remaking the same changes...

I see the Path tab with the path to the config file but it is unclear what that does.

There should be, I think, a clear button to save the current state...
    The config should save to a file automatically when you close the settings window. In the Paths tab you can change where this file is located.

If you open a ticket explaining what kind of changes you have to remake, I'll take a look and see what can be done.
  • Is there a way that it can search the sub folders inside the "ScriptUI Panels" folder as well?
  • Is there a way that it can search the sub folders inside the "ScriptUI Panels" folder as well?
    You can add the "ScriptUI Panels" folder in the "Paths" tab in the settings, and scripts in the subfolders will be imported.
    However subfolders with names in parentheses will be ignored, which is the same behaviour as the "Scripts" folder.
  • So nice!! Finally the missing link in script management, as ft-toolbar kind of stopped evolving. Hope You will keep this alive and improve still a bit! 
    What would still be greater: 
    - Of course some more documentation (eg. how to integrate Menu commands or how to have multiple tl-bars)
    - Color buttons/labels (or color text)!
    - Some simple formatting options within tl-bar
    - Some simple Script/Expression collections or Sample Packs

(and i experienced some formatting conflicts in the contents box, mainly with quotation marks) 

Thanks Rune!

• Great script!
    But is it possible to add normal effects from AE in "tl_bar"?
  • Great script!
    It was not, but it has been added in Tool Launcher 1.3.0.
    Just select "Effect" as the command type and then select the effect you want to add from the dropdown that appears.
  • Great script!
    It was not, but it has been added in Tool Launcher 1.3.0.
    Just select "Effect" as the command type and then select the effect you want to add from the dropdown that appears.
    Thank you. That was fast update
  • Hello man, how can i manage "menu" command? Creating New Solid button for example?
  • Hello man, how can i manage "menu" command? Creating New Solid button for example?
    In the settings window you can create a new tool and set its type to "menu", then in the text box below you write the name of the menu command you want to execute, exactly as it appears in the menu. e.g "Solid..." for creating a new solid.
    In the settings window you can create a new tool and set its type to "menu", then in the text box below you write the name of the menu command you want to execute, exactly as it appears in the menu. e.g "Solid..." for creating a new solid.
    So, it's like: Layer New "Solid", or not?
    You only need to write the text of the item you press in the menu, the last one, not all the ones you press to get to it. And it needs match exactly, so for a solid it is "Solid...", with the three dots, just writing "Solid" won't work.
    Screenshot 2017-05-02 14.37.34.png
    503 x 211 - 85K
    You only need to write the text of the item you press in the menu, the last one, not all the ones you press to get to it. And it needs match exactly, so for a solid it is "Solid...", with the three dots, just writing "Solid" won't work.
    Man, i'm new in expression, i just want one simple button for new solid. How should i write it exactly? Solid... creates solid not inside a comp
  • Man, i'm new in expression, i just want one simple button for new solid. How should i write it exactly? Solid... creates solid not inside a comp
    Hmm, seems like that is a limitation with After Effects. To work around this you can use this javascript snippet instead:

var comp = app.project.activeItem; comp.layers.addSolid([1,1,1], "Solid", comp.width, comp.height, 1);

Which will create a white solid, named "Solid", in the current comp, and dimensions matching the comp.

Hope that helps!
  • Man, i'm new in expression, i just want one simple button for new solid. How should i write it exactly? Solid... creates solid not inside a comp
    Hmm, seems like that is a limitation with After Effects. To work around this you can use this javascript snippet instead:

var comp = app.project.activeItem; comp.layers.addSolid([1,1,1], "Solid", comp.width, comp.height, 1);

Which will create a white solid, named "Solid", in the current comp, and dimensions matching the comp.

Hope that helps!
    Great, man, these help! Thanks a lot! Although i still don't understand, what for "menu" type) But it's not nessesary
  • Wow !!
    Amazing Script .. really its .
    and offers Aaaaall we need to create custom tools and bars .

But 
    i think the Only thing it misses is ...
    (Animation Presets) buttons type .
    So Please , we REALLY NEED it .
    an important Update we are waiting for .
    THX
  • another thing 
    can someone help me to create a button to ..
    "inverse selection" of layers
    is there an expression for that ??

i donot know Ae expressions 
  • I love the launcher! Would be really nice to be able to turn off the outline of the buttons so you just see the custom icons.  Also it would be really cool if you could save a tool that doesn't have the ability to edit it. 
  • an issue i found ...

after import config file. 
    (tool launcher or ft_toolbar) both of them cause a meesage Error 

(( error writting some icons file ))

every time i start up aftereffects .
  • Hello!

Thanks for the great script.

Would be possible to add scrollbars to the 'tl_bar" and 'tl_panel' the same style like 'tl_list'.

Thanks a lot!
    Girts
  • i think the Only thing it misses is ...
    (Animation Presets) buttons type .
    Applying animation presets files to selected layers will be available in the next update.
    can someone help me to create a button to ..
    "inverse selection" of layers
    Here is a tool launcher config that has a button that does that. You can import it from the 'paths' tab.
    I love the launcher! Would be really nice to be able to turn off the outline of the buttons so you just see the custom icons. 
    The next update will have a "Only show icons" checkbox in the "Toolbar Settings" tab.

Also it would be really cool if you could save a tool that doesn't have the ability to edit it. 
    I'm not sure how this would be implemented. Would you be so kind to open a support ticket detailing how you would use this, and how you think it should work?
    There is a way to hide the "Command" field in the settings for individual tools. In the config file you can add '"cmd": { "hide": true }' to the tool you want to hide.
    an issue i found ...

after import config file. 
    (tool launcher or ft_toolbar) both of them cause a meesage Error 

(( error writting some icons file ))

every time i start up aftereffects .
    This might be a permission issue or one of the icons have been corrupted. In the next update you will get a list of icons that causes the error to appear.

Would be possible to add scrollbars to the 'tl_bar" and 'tl_panel' the same style like 'tl_list'.
    It's on the todo list to add it to tl_bar. It's just not that straightforward to add. I have currently no plan to add it to tl_panel as that may interfere with other developers UIs and cause problems.
  • Applying animation presets files to selected layers will be available in the next update.

Ohhh, thats a really good news
  • Applying animation presets files to selected layers will be available in the next update.
    Ooooh .. thats really great news .Iam waiting for that Update ^_^
    I tried ur config file and it works just fine .
    Now i can inverse selection smoothly .
    Thank you sooo much for that .

for my issue (( error writting some icons file ))
    i guess ya my icons has somethings wrong .. however all icons appear and looking normal without any corruption
    but maybe its path .

• One Last Thing ..
    May i ask your help with my buttons i try to create ??

this my UI i Just built through last months 
    and my very Need is to create (3) buttons 
    once for (adding position keyframe at current position and current frame)
    once for (adding scale keyframe at current scale and current frame)
    once for (adding rotation keyframe at current rotation and current frame)

and other 3 buttons ..
    (( to shifting time to the next [10] frames ))
    if the current frame is (342) .. i wanna to go to (352)

i know shortcut (Shift + Pagedown) goes to next 10 frames
    but i wish to create a button for that 

those my very Need buttons while animating in AfterFx
    i searched alot for solutions but it was a big Failure 
    So any Help would be so Appriciated .

Thx in Advance ..
    Cheers 

• Is there a user guide to this script? All I see are a list of features. I find it behaving in unexpected ways. My script panels are opening up in their own undocked, floating windows instead of the tl_panel. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.
  • Is there a user guide to this script? All I see are a list of features. I find it behaving in unexpected ways. My script panels are opening up in their own undocked, floating windows instead of the tl_panel. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.

There should be a pdf in the zip file you downloaded with the product.

You have to have tl_panel opened from the window menu, and the script you are trying to run must be able to be docked (i.e the script author intended the script to be opened from the Window menu).

There should be a pdf in the zip file you downloaded with the product. You have to have tl_panel opened from the window menu, and the script you are trying to run must be able to be docked (i.e the script author intended the script to be opened from the Window menu).
    Thank you for your response, I unzipped to a cluttered Downloads folder and missed the documentation. I see it now.

Regarding the docking, all the scripts I'm using are accessible through the Window menu and I do have the tl_panel window open it won't populate. I'll run through the documentation and see if I can fix it.
  • I'm sorry to say this but the entire PDF help file is ridiculous painful to follow. Words are used incorrectly. Hence, what is a simple routine becomes a huge maze of absolute mind fuckery. Can you please get someone to look at the documentation? There seems to be little relationship between what is written and the UI. You need to add some screen caps at the very least. Thank you.
  • Tool Launcher is awesome! This is super useful for someone who has too many scripts (like me). 

It would be great if there would be Tool Launcher 2 with ability to manage extensions (zxp) as well :)

Ps. Tool Launcher in my opinion is easy to use and doesnt take too much time to figure out. 
  • Suggestion for Version two - it would be great to have the ability to add keywords to each script and then be able to search by those key words. Sometimes scripts names are vague and it's hard to know what it does by it's name only. I have over 200 scripts and this would solve a lot of issues. 

Thanks,
    Frank

• Hi, is "Tool Launcher" compatible with CC2018?
  • Hi, is "Tool Launcher" compatible with CC2018?
    Yes, it should be. I have been using it without any trouble at least.

The compatibility section has been updated. Thanks for the reminder!
  • Hi, i've a problem with exporting settings so i can reuse it later if reinstall AE or Win .
    i donot know how to export it .

in my case i want to export settings from AE 2017.2 to >> AE 2015.3
  • Hi, 

I have been using the tl bar for the last year or so, and it's been great on MacOS AE 2018.
    But unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on windows AE 2018...Any idea why or is it normal?
    In that case I will have to download KBar.
  • Hi, 

I have been using the tl bar for the last year or so, and it's been great on MacOS AE 2018.
    But unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on windows AE 2018...Any idea why or is it normal?
    In that case I will have to download KBar.
    Hi Mathieu!
    Can you open a support ticket on that issue? It's easier to help you that way.

Thanks!
  • Hi! Is there a way to create a keyboard shortcut to open tool launchers tl_list ? I tried to place it in the script folder to access it via the "ExecuteScriptMenuItem" shortcut command line but that doesn't work as the tool launcher script only works in the ScriptUI panel Folder. Any idea?
  • Tutorials Pleeease
  • Please make a tutorial.
  • Would it be possible to assign keyboard shorcuts to actions?
    This will be fantastic!

And yes, even thought it's fairly intuitive, a tutorial will be great =)
    Getting my copy shortly.

Thanks
  • I'm trying the demo ... and cannot get scriptui panels (Rift, Create3DBox, etc) to open in the tl_panel.
    I right-clicked on it in tl_list, ticked "Show UI in tl_panel"
    But when I double click it, it pops open its OWN panel.
    What am I missing?