• Hello,

I've a basic question. How to do to choose the comp resolution. Geolayers always make an hd comp (1920-1080) 25 frame second.

How to if I want a 4k comp with 12 frame second ?

It was very simple with geolayers 1 but I can't find it with geolayer 2

• Hello,

I've a basic question. How to do to choose the comp resolution. Geolayers always make an hd comp (1920-1080) 25 frame second.

Hey Vacher,

GEOlayers creates the Mapcomp in the size, duration, framerate... of the composition you have selected when you create the mapcomp. If none is selected a basic HD comp is taken as reference. You can also change the comp specs in AE afterwards.

Best

Markus

• Hi Markus, The Attribution setting in the profile of GL2, Once filed in, are they supposed to automatically attribute the map comp style when selected? I have the one setup for google [imaged attached], but nothing is created when I make the map and the text attribution that is created is always "Provider Attribution for 'Mapcomp 1"

I have even moved the google logo into the geolayers folder along next to the mapbox and BLING logos that were automatically created.
    Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 11.34.58 am.png
    2354 x 1296 - 1M
  • Hi Markus, The Attribution setting in the profile of GL2, Once filed in, are they supposed to automatically attribute the map comp style when selected? I have the one setup for google [imaged attached], but nothing is created when I make the map and the text attribution that is created is always "Provider Attribution for 'Mapcomp 1"

I have even moved the google logo into the geolayers folder along next to the mapbox and BLING logos that were automatically created.
    Hello Matthew,

you have to finalize the comp to get the correct attribution and did you insert the attribution text for Google Maps in the server-profile?

Best 
    Nico

• When i create a new 3D Landscape in Geolayers², it doesn´t create the Heightmaps pictures. I have tried Plexus 3, Trapcode Mir and Mettle Freeform Pro. I made screenshots of the problem and hope you can help me.
    http://imgur.com/a/JZp0x

• Hello,
    I'm just testing the trial version and I'm very enthusiast about this product. Before purchasing it, I want to clear every detail.
    I would like to know if every maps are free to broadcast as many as we want, and without duration limitation.
    Then, I want to know if it's possible to have a maximum zoom on the street without shopping information.
    Plus, I would like to know if the license is available on several computer or is there a special price for purchasing it on several computer.
    Thank you for your answers
  • Im playing with the trial and had a couple of questions.
    1, i noticed on the example images, you have a c4D project with buildings over the map. Is map data/camera data easily exportable to do this? i cannot find anything in the trial.

2, I downloaded the Monte Blanc file, and it works great. When I try to do my own 3D landscape (with MIR) it doesn't show any depth on the height map. Is this a limitation of the trial?
  • Web Lines said:
    When i create a new 3D Landscape in Geolayers², it doesn´t create the Heightmaps pictures.

Hey there,

Please download the latest Version of GEOlayers 2. The heightdata provider changed some stuff in their API. If you have recent Projects to work with please download and apply this Server Profile to your heightmap Mapcomp.

Hello,
    I'm just testing the trial version and I'm very enthusiast about this product. Before purchasing it, I want to clear every detail.
    I would like to know if every maps are free to broadcast as many as we want, and without duration limitation.
    Then, I want to know if it's possible to have a maximum zoom on the street without shopping information.
    Plus, I would like to know if the license is available on several computer or is there a special price for purchasing it on several computer.
    Thank you for your answers

Hey Michael,

Glad to hear you're interested in GEOlayers! All Maps created with the default Server Profiles can be used for broadcast. All you need to do is attribute the map while you show it. Note that the TOUs of the map providers apply.(bing for example: https://www.microsoft.com/maps/product/broadcast-terms.html) You can find links to the providers' TOUs in the preferences' Server Profiles section.

What is shown on your map on street level depends on the Server Profile that you choose for the Mapcomp. So yes, thats possible.

Unfortunately, we only have Single User Licenses. Once you decide to buy a large number of licenses please contact us and we'll see if we can get you a quote.

Im playing with the trial and had a couple of questions.
    1, i noticed on the example images, you have a c4D project with buildings over the map. Is map data/camera data easily exportable to do this? i cannot find anything in the trial.

2, I downloaded the Monte Blanc file, and it works great. When I try to do my own 3D landscape (with MIR) it doesn't show any depth on the height map. Is this a limitation of the trial?

Hey Tyler,

All the screenshots are AE Projects. The 3D buildings are extruded shape layers using CC2017s CINEMA 4D renderer. There is going to be a tutorial on how to create them quick and easily. GEOlayers 2 does not have any feature to export stuff to C4D.

Oh thats my fault. I need to update the Sample Project. Thanks for letting me know! As allready said Mapzen changed some stuff in their API for the heightdata. Please download the new Server Profile import it in the prefs' Server Profiles section and apply it to the heightmap Mapcomp.

Hope that helped guys!

Best

Markus

• Hi Markus — I'm looking for details on how to do the Building Extrude. Is this in one of the tutorials? I've combed through all of them and connote find details on this technique. 
    Could you briefly write down the steps necessary? 
    thx! W.
  • Hi Markus — I'm looking for details on how to do the Building Extrude. Is this in one of the tutorials? I've combed through all of them and connote find details on this technique. 

Could you briefly write down the steps necessary? 
    thx! W.
    Hey William,

First you'll need to download the building features to you browser. You can check out the user guide tut part 05 to see how this works.
    Then create a data driven style where the extrusion is driven by the "height" property. Check tut part 05.2 for reference. After this just draw the features with the created style. I'll create a tutorial on the building workflow as soon as I've got some time. Hope that helps till then.

Best
    Markus
  • Hi Markus,
    Is there a way to enter GPS Lat/Lon coordinates into Geolayers?  The address search function has a hard time with many of the locations I'm looking for in other countries.
    Thasnk,
    Kevin
  • Hi Markus,
    Is there a way to enter GPS Lat/Lon coordinates into Geolayers?  The address search function has a hard time with many of the locations I'm looking for in other countries.
    Thasnk,
    Kevin
    Hey Kevin,

Sure you can type in coordinates into the searchbar (formatted like this: 12.3456, 51.245) The first result is a feature based on these coordinates. You can also paste lat and long values directly to the effect controls of the Mapcomp or a Marker/Label.

Best
    Markus
  • Thanks!  
    Hi Markus,
    Thasnk,
    Kevin
    Hey Kevin,

Sure you can type in coordinates into the searchbar (formatted like this: 12.3456, 51.245) The first result is a feature based on these coordinates. You can also paste lat and long values directly to the effect controls of the Mapcomp or a Marker/Label.

Best
    Markus

• Hello I just purchase GEOLAYERS 2.
    I have a problem uploading json files. I don't know how or where installing it.
    Thanks again for your help.
  • Hello I just purchase GEOLAYERS 2.
    I have a problem uploading json files. I don't know how or where installing it.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Hi Michael, What do you mean by uploading? And what kind of json files? You can import geojson to the Feature Browser. Have a look here:

Best
    Markus 
  • The current (newest) version you have listed in the VERSION HISTORY is: 

1.1.2  (Current version)  -  Mar 27, 2017

I already own GeoLayers2, and when I download from My Software & Licenses I get a November, 2016 version.

I'm a bit confused - again!
  • The current (newest) version you have listed in the VERSION HISTORY is: 

1.1.2  (Current version)  -  Mar 27, 2017

I already own GeoLayers2, and when I download from My Software & Licenses I get a November, 2016 version.

I'm a bit confused - again!
    please open a support ticket
  • I've been having problems the past couple of days finalizing comps. I've tried all server types but there is always the same error with the same number of tiles.

"Finalization Error

4 tiles couldn't be found even 3 zoomlevels below"

I've tried starting a new project and new comps but nothing seems to be working.
  • Any chance of a 3d spherical globe feature in future versions?
  • I've been having problems the past couple of days finalizing comps. I've tried all server types but there is always the same error with the same number of tiles.

"Finalization Error

4 tiles couldn't be found even 3 zoomlevels below"

I've tried starting a new project and new comps but nothing seems to be working.

hey Jamie,

I've seen you allready opened a Support Ticket. As I answered there you might have reached the maximum number of tiles the trial version is limited to. Gonna implement a notification that users know whats going on.

Any chance of a 3d spherical globe feature in future versions?

Hi Michael,

I bent my brain a lot figuring out a solution that would work. But nothing that suits for the completeness of Features the tool has. If I come up with a solution for different projections it would force me to sort of rebuild the core of GEOlayers 2. So unfortunately no way I can accomplish it in any release of V2, sorry!

If you don't need to zoom in a lot you could use a mesh warp effect to approximately get an equirectangular projection and use CC sphere.image

Hope that helps!

Best

Markus

• Hey there,

I was try to use trial before purchase but when I install by ZXP Installer but I can not see GEOlayers in extensions Menu. What happen? How I can use trial?

My PC: Win 8.1, AE CC 2015.

Please help me.

Thanks.
  • quen hoai said:
    Hey there,

I was try to use trial before purchase but when I install by ZXP Installer but I can not see GEOlayers in extensions Menu. What happen? How I can use trial?

Please help me.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Note that you need After Effects 13.6 or higher. The first release of CC 2015 is below that.

best

Markus

• quen hoai said:
    Hey there,

Please help me.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Note that you need After Effects 13.6 or higher. The first release of CC 2015 is below that.

best

Markus

Ohhh, I need upgrade AE. 

Thanks Markus
  • This is an amazing plugin, so first let me say thank you so much for this new capability.  I'm blown away at just a few of the possibilities!  
    I couldn't find the previous comment about night imagery, so thought I'd ask too: is there a way to get nighttime maps?  Thanks!

Charlie
  • Hi Markus, how do we get the mask outline shape of each country to be extruded in e3d for example, like in the 19th second of the Geolayers promo video? I could only draw shapes of the inner part of the country but not the outer part, as from the tutorial i have to add a Land mask to luma matte on it. Is there a more straightforward way? Thank you
    Hey Cheryl,

GEOlayers 2 only draws shapes no masks. The extrusion is done with the new C4D renderer in CC2017. Just set the containing comps renderer to CINEMA4D make your mapcomp a 3D layer, draw any feature and you can extrude it using the layers geometry options. You can use the countries from the default countries.geojson those are clipped to land.

Best
    Markus
    Look great to head that, could you show any guide to do?
  • Hi,

I'm using the trial version. The main feature that I'm looking for is to show routes between 2 cities, with animation.
    I don't find where I can add beautiful animated line between 2 cities as you do in your videos. Is-it include with your software or it it an AE effect ? 

Thank you
  • This is an amazing plugin, so first let me say thank you so much for this new capability.  I'm blown away at just a few of the possibilities!  
    I couldn't find the previous comment about night imagery, so thought I'd ask too: is there a way to get nighttime maps?  Thanks!

Charlie
    Hey Charlie, jep you can import this server profile in the prefs: NASA Night 2012. But it is only available up to zoomlevel 8

Look great to head that, could you show any guide to do?
    Hey Quen, I'm sorry there is no plain tutorial yet, but extrusion in styles is explined in this tutorial:

Hope that helps.

Hi,

I'm using the trial version. The main feature that I'm looking for is to show routes between 2 cities, with animation.
    I don't find where I can add beautiful animated line between 2 cities as you do in your videos. Is-it include with your software or it it an AE effect ? 

Thank you
    Hey Romain,
    check out this tut:

I'm showing how to add routes to the feature browser and draw them to an AE shape layer. You can then add a "trim paths" property to the shape layer to animate it. This is explained here pretty well:

Cheers
    Markus 
  • Step by step to learn plugin and vote five star for it. Now I still use trial and Could I change color of ocean in 3D landscape? 
  • quen hoai said:

Step by step to learn plugin and vote five star for it. Now I still use trial and Could I change color of ocean in 3D landscape? 

Hi there,
    Glad you like it! Yes, you can change the server profile of the texture mapcomp to fit your needs. Or create a land mask mapcomp to mask a solid layer for coloring the water. Check out the quick setup tutorial to see how it works.
    Best
    Markus
  • Hello,

Hey Vacher,

GEOlayers creates the Mapcomp in the size, duration, framerate... of the composition you have selected when you create the mapcomp. If none is selected a basic HD comp is taken as reference. You can also change the comp specs in AE afterwards.

Best

Markus

I'm trying out the plugin and this appears to be true for a regular mapcomp, but I can't get it to work with the 3D landscape comps. I'm trying to get a 4k Comp to work with it. The 3D Landscape button generates a 1920 x 1080 comp every time. If I change the comp and finalize linked It doesn't generate new frames or update any of the precomped layer sizes. Is it possible to get a 4K comp with 3D landscape w/ MIR?

Thanks,
    Aaron
  • Hi! Great plugin!
    But how can I rotate the view/ orientation of the map. I don't want the North to be on top, but slightly 45° to the right.
    Thanks!
    Regards
    Milton
  • Hi,
    Thanks for this great plugin! When you create 3d landscape, is there a way to choose between plexus or MIR for creating 3d? On my client's computer, it creates landscapes with plexus and he wishes MIR instead.
    Thanks

• arno man said:
    Hi,
    Thanks for this great plugin! When you create 3d landscape, is there a way to choose between plexus or MIR for creating 3d? On my client's computer, it creates landscapes with plexus and he wishes MIR instead.
    Thanks

Hello arno man,

you need minimum version 2 of Trapcode MIR. Older versions are not supported by GEOlayers 2. Please check if the right MIR version is installed. If it is installed, GEOlayers 2 should show it in the dropdown menu.

Best
    Nico

• Hi! Great plugin!
    But how can I rotate the view/ orientation of the map. I don't want the North to be on top, but slightly 45° to the right.
    Thanks!
    Regards
    Milton
    You could rotate the map comp directly in after effects with the rotation property. Please set up your map zoom first and the rotate the map, because the GEOlayers map controls won't recognize the rotation of the map and then it is a little bit tricky to get to the point on the map you want.
    Best
    Nico
  • thanks for your answer! 
    arno man said:
    Hi,
    Thanks

Hello arno man,

you need minimum version 2 of Trapcode MIR. Older versions are not supported by GEOlayers 2. Please check if the right MIR version is installed. If it is installed, GEOlayers 2 should show it in the dropdown menu.

Best
    Nico

• Hi everyone,

Another question as I am discovering geolayers 2, is there any tuto about making animated feature meshes like in the demo?
    Thanks
  • Looks like it was never answered below. I am wanting to do a 4K scene with 3D landscape but you don't get an option to choose resolution when you create the comp. Changing the comp settings after and trying to finalize doesn't work like in a regular map comp.
  • arno man said:
    Hi everyone,

Another question as I am discovering geolayers 2, is there any tuto about making animated feature meshes like in the demo?
    Thanks
    Hey Arno,

the animation of a feature is pretty simple. Once you've drawn it you can animate it with AEs trip paths property. Have a look here:

Looks like it was never answered below. I am wanting to do a 4K scene with 3D landscape but you don't get an option to choose resolution when you create the comp. Changing the comp settings after and trying to finalize doesn't work like in a regular map comp.
    Hey Coty,

Yes you'll need to do some more in this setup therefore...
    1. Change the resolution of "3D Landscape" to 4K
    2. Scale up the 3D Landscape in the plugin you're using or zoom in with the camera
    3. if the map seems too blurry for you you can increase the resolution of the following comps: "Texture", "Heightmap", "01 Texture", "02 Heightmap" (Be careful here. This can easily end up in huuuge amount of tiles, so don't crank it up too much)
    Hope that helps!

Best
    Markus
  • Hello. Thanks for what seems to be a great resource.

Im trying to animate the locator along a GPX track.
    But I keep getting:

"unable to execute script at line 714. After Effects error: unable to call "setValueAtTime" because of parameter 2. Value "undefined" of element 0 in the arrayis not a valid float."

I have previously been able to animate along a track, so I know how it should work, but I think this has something to do with the GPX file. I created it in garmin base camp. Is there anything I can do about that?
    What does the GPX file need to have?
  • I´m having another problem to.
    Im trying to create a new server profile, and everything seem to look good at the settings window. But when I create a new mapcopm, it splits my new map server into four different tiles.

Do you know why?
    Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 08.24.07.jpg
    1029 x 591 - 109K
    Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 12.04.48.jpg
    2524 x 1442 - 147K
    Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 12.04.48.jpg
    2524 x 1442 - 147K
  • Hello. Thanks for what seems to be a great resource.

Im trying to animate the locator along a GPX track.
    But I keep getting:

"unable to execute script at line 714. After Effects error: unable to call "setValueAtTime" because of parameter 2. Value "undefined" of element 0 in the arrayis not a valid float."

I have previously been able to animate along a track, so I know how it should work, but I think this has something to do with the GPX file. I created it in garmin base camp. Is there anything I can do about that?
    What does the GPX file need to have?

Hey Kilian, this is a known bug. Please try one of the Workarounds:

• create a Label template from your locator and use the "animate Label along Feature" function of the Feature browser
    • don't select a layer before you snap it to your map. GEOlayers will then create a null instead. You can the parent other layers to it.

I´m having another problem to.
    Im trying to create a new server profile, and everything seem to look good at the settings window. But when I create a new mapcopm, it splits my new map server into four different tiles.

Do you know why?

Please open a Support Ticket and attach the Server Profile. Thats the quickest way we can help you!

Best

Markus

• Hi there,

GEOlayer seems awesome but I can't figure if it is possible to make a zoom starting from the whole earth in 3D ?
    Like starting from space and going straight to a point...

— edit. Ok I've seen that we currently cannot zoom from the Earth globe, and that's what I need for now.
    That would be a great upgrade feature for GeoLayers 3, hopefully !

Thank you!

• Hi , I've downloaded the trial version but seems Google Map is not in the servers profile. Is it something that we can add manually by adding our API key or it's not supported any more ? ( it was available in your previous video tutorials)
  • Is there a list with compatible plugins which GEOlayer 2 can use (or combine)?

Plexus 3
    FreeForm Pro
    Trapcode Mir2

More?

• Is there a list with compatible plugins which GEOlayer 2 can use (or combine)?

Plexus 3
    FreeForm Pro
    Trapcode Mir2

More?

Hi Gavin,

No, these 3 Plugins are the ones that we support at the moment. Any wishes what else? We can have a look at it.

Best
    Markus
  • Hi 

Im trying to animate the track of a satellite tagged tiger shark with lat long data in a .csv file. I can generate the map and animate the positions as snap lable to feature but I can not work out how to animate a track using gps locations
  • Hi 

Im trying to animate the track of a satellite tagged tiger shark with lat long data in a .csv file. I can generate the map and animate the positions as snap lable to feature but I can not work out how to animate a track using gps locations
    Hello Richard, you could animate the path with after effect - trim path function. This is not a GEOlayers function. Best Nico
  • Hello,

when I draw several features the individual layers come in different scales. This wasn’t like that in the previous version. Is there an option to create all layers on 100% scale?

Thank you!
  • Hello,

when I draw several features the individual layers come in different scales. This wasn’t like that in the previous version. Is there an option to create all layers on 100% scale?

Thank you!
    Hey Florian,

Thats right. It is because of rendering issues. They occured using the same scale factor for worldview as for a street or a building. GEOlayers 2 now optimizes this. There is no workaround or setting yet, since we could't imagine any downside of this. Can you explain what you want to achieve a little more detailled? 

Best
    Markus
  • Hi Markus

I have imported my shark data track (see attached) I can open and see the track on the map - but I can not work out how to animate the track through the stroke function. 

Help please

Richard