• imageBodymovin

An After Effects extension to export animations for web. Animations are exported as .json files that use the bodymovin.js player that comes along with the plugin. You can render animations in the browser on svg, canvas and html. It supports a subset of After Effects features.

https://aescripts.com/bodymovin/

• Hernan, this is awesome stuff. I've played a bit with your version from GitHub. I think moving to commercial product is a good move. I want to see you well-funded so you can continue to support the product!

Do you know where I could find some example files were I can see the javascript code for triggering the animations with mouse clicks or rollovers? I know only a little javascript.
  • Hello, just curious, we're getting an 'unable to execute script at line 1 .bm_compsmanager is undefined'. Any clue what might cause this? We used the zxp installer method. We wanted to check this out as it could become useful to us!

Thanks! 
  • Hi,

is it possible to use the plexus effect with bodymovin? We want to integrate a data cloud in our website, but it renders only the solid, not the effect.

greets
    Sylvia
  • Hernan, this is awesome stuff. I've played a bit with your version from GitHub. I think moving to commercial product is a good move. I want to see you well-funded so you can continue to support the product!

Do you know where I could find some example files were I can see the javascript code for triggering the animations with mouse clicks or rollovers? I know only a little javascript.
    I have some interactive examples in this collection
    If you have any questions, let me know.
  • Hello, just curious, we're getting an 'unable to execute script at line 1 .bm_compsmanager is undefined'. Any clue what might cause this? We used the zxp installer method. We wanted to check this out as it could become useful to us!

Thanks! 
    Can you write me an email at hernantorrisi[at]gmail.com with your os and AE version?
    I've heard a couple of people running into that issue, but I couldn't reproduce it.
  • Hi,

is it possible to use the plexus effect with bodymovin? We want to integrate a data cloud in our website, but it renders only the solid, not the effect.

greets
    Sylvia
    No, sorry the Plexus effect is not supported.

I have some interactive examples in this collection
    If you have any questions, let me know.
    Yes, I saw those. Cool stuff! The limitation with the examples at CodePen is that the JSON and SVG code with all the magic isn't accessible/viewable. I'd just like to see a couple of simple examples where onClick scripts have been added...maybe something for hover. I want to learn from example where to insert the code and the exact syntax.
  • hello,   

I have a question, 

does this plugin interfere or overwrite the bodymovin plugin, used for IOS , Android or React
    AirBNB introduced this plugin some months ago

I could use both, but I don't want this one to overwrite the bodymovin for native apps

or do they exist apart from each other?  

regards

• It's the same plugin. Airbnb relies on bodymovin for exporting animations from AE
    hello,   

I have a question, 

does this plugin interfere or overwrite the bodymovin plugin, used for IOS , Android or React
    AirBNB introduced this plugin some months ago

I could use both, but I don't want this one to overwrite the bodymovin for native apps

or do they exist apart from each other?  

regards

• Hello, This is a great stuff.
    Do you know how can it be added to a wordpress header / page ?
  • Ju Ju said:
    Hello, This is a great stuff.
    I've recently helped someone with this. I don't know much about Wordpress, but I think there is a plugin that allows you to include js files to your site in the header or footer.
    Where are you stuck?
  • Ju Ju said:
    Hello, This is a great stuff.
    I've recently helped someone with this. I don't know much about Wordpress, but I think there is a plugin that allows you to include js files to your site in the header or footer.
    Where are you stuck?
    I just don't know how to start because, there is some js / html code to add (i m integrator wordpress not web developer)
    If you know the process to make it otherwise I shall try with a plugin js
    Thanks
  • Hey there!

So first off...amazing extension.  Seriously, you guys knocked it out of the park.

We designed a variety of animations for our client's website, but are having an issue with consistent performance across browsers.  For example, all of our animations that utilize alpha and alpha inverted track mattes perform they desired masking effect in Firefox and Chrome, but do not function in IE.  Is that a result of BodyMovin? Or is this more a fault of the the browser's capabilities to display code?

Thank you!
  • Hey there!

So first off...amazing extension.  Seriously, you guys knocked it out of the park.

We designed a variety of animations for our client's website, but are having an issue with consistent performance across browsers.  For example, all of our animations that utilize alpha and alpha inverted track mattes perform they desired masking effect in Firefox and Chrome, but do not function in IE.  Is that a result of BodyMovin? Or is this more a fault of the the browser's capabilities to display code?

Thank you!
    Hi, Edge and IE don't support very well Alpha masks. Can you try using a normal mask instead? Regarding performance, on all browsers, regular masks would would much better.
    Luma masks are also a possibility, but don't perform that well.
  • Hi,

i make my first step and it's amazing, very simple.

However, I have a problem. I build a wordpress theme with animations. When i load bodymovin.js, all animations works in the index, but not in the other pages. It looks like a path problem, because it want to access to a new adress. Example, if i want to put an animation in the portfolio page, it add portfolio in the original adress where the animations should be. And if I create the folder portfolio, it doesn't work.

Do you know where is the problem ?

Kind regards.
  • Hi,

However, I have a problem. I build a wordpress theme with animations. When i load bodymovin.js, all animations works in the index, but not in the other pages. It looks like a path problem, because it want to access to a new adress. Example, if i want to put an animation in the portfolio page, it add portfolio in the original adress where the animations should be. And if I create the folder portfolio, it doesn't work.

Kind regards.
    Can you share a link so I can check what could be going on?
  • Hi,

Kind regards.
    Can you share a link so I can check what could be going on?
    It's impossible, i work in local host for the construction of the website. I found a solution for know with a absolute path, but it will be cool to have relative path.

When i put in online, i share you the link.

Kind regards.
  • Hello, i've  got a problem with animation in Firefox
    Hi! can you share the .aep?
  • hello Hernan,
    amazing tool—To the business,
    I am having issues installing v.4.9 through the extension manager, it claims that manifest.xml is invalid - please advise 

have a great Monday,
    rodrigo
  • hello Hernan,
    amazing tool—To the business,
    I am having issues installing v.4.9 through the extension manager, it claims that manifest.xml is invalid - please advise 

have a great Monday,
    rodrigo
    Hi, did previous versions work for you? What AE version are you using?
  • I hadn't seen that before. It seems that masked strokes don't work well in firefox. Instead of using a track matte alpha mask, can you use a regular AE mask? I've just tried it on a single layer in your animation and it seems to work fine. Also it's going to be much more performant and compatible with Lottie.

• It is possible to use bodymovin on wordpress?
    if yes, how?

if yes, how?
    I would also love to know if anyone has found a workable way to use the animations on wordpress. I've been totally unable to find a solution. I *did* manage to get it working by using iFrames, but it didn't work properly and I couldnt get it to go where it was meant to be. 

if yes, how?
    I would also love to know if anyone has found a workable way to use the animations on wordpress. I've been totally unable to find a solution. I *did* manage to get it working by using iFrames, but it didn't work properly and I couldnt get it to go where it was meant to be. 
    It should be possible as long as you can load .js files in it.
  • Hello!

Congratulations on the plugin, it works fine,  but yesterday I tried to create an animation and export it but it gave me an error. I'm working an animation with shape layers and trim paths animation, very simple, but when rendering with the plugin the lines are broken and all the elements are deformed, Please could you help me?
  • Having troubles installing bodymovin through aescripts + aeplugins manager for After Effects 2017. It says I have no compatible host applications...
  • Hello!

Congratulations on the plugin, it works fine,  but yesterday I tried to create an animation and export it but it gave me an error. I'm working an animation with shape layers and trim paths animation, very simple, but when rendering with the plugin the lines are broken and all the elements are deformed, Please could you help me?
    Can you send me the project to hernantorrisi[at]gmail.com?
  • Having troubles installing bodymovin through aescripts + aeplugins manager for After Effects 2017. It says I have no compatible host applications...
    Can you try installing it manually with the ZXPInstaller https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/ or contact aescripts for support?
  • I have tried exporting a simple comp using two layers with one that has an alpha matte. It is properly matted in AE but when I export the layer is not matted in HTML, I just get the original shape. I have tried exporting with both the "hidden": setting on and off but to no avail. Any ideas? 
    Can you try installing it manually with the ZXPInstaller https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/ or contact aescripts for support?
    The plugin is installed correctly with the most up to date version. I can export all animation types sucessfully except those with alpha track mattes/
  • I have tried exporting a simple comp using two layers with one that has an alpha matte. It is properly matted in AE but when I export the layer is not matted in HTML, I just get the original shape. I have tried exporting with both the "hidden": setting on and off but to no avail. Any ideas? 
    Can you attach or email me the .aep so I can take a look?
    hernantorrisi[at]gmail.com
  • Hi,
     It is possible to have svg file on output?
  • El Native said:
    Hi,
     It is possible to have svg file on output?
    svg can't be animated correctly without javascript. What is your use case?
  • Hello, I just installed (through CMD) and I cant even try it, it says:

Unable to execute script at line 319. p is undefined.

=S

Thank you!

Edit:By the way this is in CC 2015.3 I have installed the CC 2014 and it seems to work there.
  • Hi Bodymovin,

Few questions.

1. How do I export to canvas? You have in your description "You can render animations in the browser on svg, canvas and html", but there's no mention of it anywhere else, not even on the pluggin in AE.

2. Same issue with exporting to SVG. How do I do this?

Thanks,
    Sam
  • Hi Bodymovin,

Few questions.

1. How do I export to canvas? You have in your description "You can render animations in the browser on svg, canvas and html", but there's no mention of it anywhere else, not even on the pluggin in AE.

2. Same issue with exporting to SVG. How do I do this?

Thanks,
    Sam
    1_ the export is the same. What you have to do is set the renderer as "canvas" instead of "svg" when loading the animation. Keep in mind that canvas supports less features than svg.
    2_ the json file works both for svg and canvas. It's the renderer that will reproduce it on any of those technologies.
  • When I "Get the Player" it is lottie.js. But in the vid tutorial it says it's Bodymovin.js
    My animation isn't playing, and I've gone over the video a few times.
    zip
    zip
    Archive.zip
  • When I "Get the Player" it is lottie.js. But in the vid tutorial it says it's Bodymovin.js
    My animation isn't playing, and I've gone over the video a few times.
    Yes, the player has been renamed to lottie, but the process is the same as before using lottie instead of bodymovin.
  • Ehi! Great Tool, I'm testing it and it's incredible! 
    I'm wondering why the resulting animation is shifted 50% top and left (see it here https://snag.gy/HlkzFW.jpg). Despite the anchor point in AFX is set to the center or on the top / left corner, the animation is always rendered with this strange offset.
    thank you in advance for your support,
    matteo

• Hi,

I have a question. Is it possible to use puppet pin tool with bodymovin? Thank's
  • Hey,
    does Bodymovin support also 3D shape layers?
  • Hi,

I have a question. Is it possible to use puppet pin tool with bodymovin? Thank's
    No, unfortunately it is not supported

Hey,
    does Bodymovin support also 3D shape layers?
    Hi, what do you mean by 3d shape layers? Regular shape layers with 3d applied to them?
  • I'm having an issue where BodyMovin is converting my layers to alpha channels but not including my layers. Is this a common issue or am I just effed in the A? I am also building these from layered AI files.
    zip
    zip
    5-2.zip
  • Hi,

Does bodymovin and lottie work with CreateNullsFromPath new After Effects 2018 script ?

Thank you for your great work !! :)
  • Hi,

Does bodymovin and lottie work with CreateNullsFromPath new After Effects 2018 script ?

Thank you for your great work !! :)
    Hi, it should work fine.
    Can you share an .aep that I can check if there is something that's not working?
  • Amazing extension, can't believe how cool/useful this is.
  • im having trouble creating a gradient that will actually show up, im using generate - gradient ramp 

i have most recent version of bodymove

have tried in both 2017 and 2018

using the following version of 2018 15.1.0

im just looking to create a simple gradient background what is the best way to do this ?

great plugin by the way 
  • im having trouble creating a gradient that will actually show up, im using generate - gradient ramp 

i have most recent version of bodymove

have tried in both 2017 and 2018

using the following version of 2018 15.1.0

im just looking to create a simple gradient background what is the best way to do this ?

great plugin by the way 
    Hi, gradient ramp is not supported by the plugin.
    Can you use the gradient fill property from a shape layer instead?