• great plugin and works fine, I wish better CUDA support in new versions because time is money 
  • great plugin and works fine, I wish better CUDA support in new versions because time is money 

If anything feels slower then expected please open a support ticket and let us know.. 
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
  • Hello. When using a texture as a particle shape, I am unable to set it's colour. It retains the colour from the precomp. Is this a bug? It works when using a circle... Thanks
  • Hello. When using a texture as a particle shape, I am unable to set it's colour. It retains the colour from the precomp. Is this a bug? It works when using a circle... Thanks
    Hi, using a textured particle alpha/lightness only(it's like a AE colour / luminosity mode) isn't available in the current version, but it was added to next mini-update, should be available very soon.
  • I noticed a problem regarding hold keyframes on time remapped comps containing a stardust layer.
    As soon as i place a hold keyframe on the time remap of the comp containing a stardust particle layer,
    the viewport gets stuck on that frame and stops working. Regular keyframe work find but holds break the viewport and freeze AE.
    I can still save and do other things in AE but the viewport is frozen and then goes black. If I save and reopen or remove the time remap the preview
    remains black and does not seem to go back. AE eventually freezes or complains about memory for
    rendering the frame.

I tried this on a clean scene with the default stardust presets to make sure it wasn't some scene specific rendering issue.
    I tried the same hold keyframe on the time remap of a fresh comp containing a Particular layer and the holds worked as expected.
    Great job though, other than this its been a very intuitive alternative to other particle plugins!

Specs:
    AE: CC 2017 Version 14.1.0.57
    iMac: 3.2 Ghz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB

• I noticed a problem regarding hold keyframes on time remapped comps containing a stardust layer.
    As soon as i place a hold keyframe on the time remap of the comp containing a stardust particle layer,
    the viewport gets stuck on that frame and stops working. Regular keyframe work find but holds break the viewport and freeze AE.
    I can still save and do other things in AE but the viewport is frozen and then goes black. If I save and reopen or remove the time remap the preview
    remains black and does not seem to go back. AE eventually freezes or complains about memory for
    rendering the frame.

I tried this on a clean scene with the default stardust presets to make sure it wasn't some scene specific rendering issue.
    I tried the same hold keyframe on the time remap of a fresh comp containing a Particular layer and the holds worked as expected.
    Great job though, other than this its been a very intuitive alternative to other particle plugins!

Specs:
    AE: CC 2017 Version 14.1.0.57
    iMac: 3.2 Ghz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB

Hi, We are aware of an issue with time remapped Stardust comps, a fix should be available in the next update(that should be within days), but please also open a support ticket, so we could get more details about this issue.

• Was experimenting with the grid emitter to see how it holds up with other plugins and id say i am very impressed with its potential. Keep up the great work!

• hello
    great plug in
    but why there is so little video tutorials available?

it is a complex plugin and it will be very helpful with some more guides to explain the various options so that we can take advantage of the power of the software

thank you!
  • HI, i'm having problem with particles color, 
    when i modify the color gradient, the particles color doesn't update, not even when i purged the cache.

this happens every time , when i load a preset color gradient and edited it.

thankyou, Amazing plugin. :)
    saving customized color gradients feature will be helpful.

• HI, i'm having problem with particles color, 
    when i modify the color gradient, the particles color doesn't update, not even when i purged the cache.

this happens every time , when i load a preset color gradient and edited it.

thankyou, Amazing plugin. :)
    saving customized color gradients feature will be helpful.

Hi, we are aware of this issue and a fix should be available soon, a workaround is to drag any of the points post changing.

• hello
    great plug in

it is a complex plugin and it will be very helpful with some more guides to explain the various options so that we can take advantage of the power of the software

thank you!
    Hi, there is a user-guide on our website : superluminal.tv and some more tutorials, and you can load one of our many presets to see how the different modules work. Also we are in the process of making some more video tutorials.

• Hi

I've set my particles as a texture and to sample the pre comp as random stills, but for some insane reason, it's only sampling the first and last texture but nothing in between. I have 4 textures, 1 frame each in a 4 frame precomp at 30 fps. My main comp is 30 fps. 

In Particular, this would yield an expected result where all 4 textures would randomly populate the emitter but no matter what I tried, including changing frame rates, shuffling layers, even trying to get layers in between frames, the same result happens... I only see 2 out of my 4 particles. This seems like a major bug unless I'm doing something wrong on my part.

Please advise!!!!
    Hi David,
    Could you please open a support ticket so we could have more info

• Hello I need to do a project with coffee beans my question is can I use images for create a shape I mean coffee beans are going to be the particle.
  • Hello I need to do a project with coffee beans my question is can I use images for create a shape I mean coffee beans are going to be the particle.
    Yes, you can use AE layers as source textures for the particles,  for a quick start you can load any texture preset and replace with your own texture.
  • I have an AE render farm and use just the render engine on the individual nodes of the farm.  Would I need to purchase a license for each computer in the render farm, or will the plugin work on the render nodes as long as I don't need access to the interface?

Thanks!
  • Is it possible to have a Box larger than 10,000x10,000x10,000?
  • Is it possible to have a Box larger than 10,000x10,000x10,000?
    You can have multiple box emitters, to create a larger box size . We will up the max value with future updates.

• hello
    great plug in

thank you!
    I agree. I think this plugin is super awesome but I wish there were more tutorials out there for us mere mortals, and no there really aren't many on their site. Their site has a lot of great examples of what you could do with it, but I'd love to see some examples of how to put it into practice. I wish they'd take some inspiration from the folks who make Plexus and GeoLayers. They both offer a good variety of lessons that get you into the plugin.

• hello
    great plug in

thank you!
    I agree. I think this plugin is super awesome but I wish there were more tutorials out there for us mere mortals, and no there really aren't many on their site. Their site has a lot of great examples of what you could do with it, but I'd love to see some examples of how to put it into practice. I wish they'd take some inspiration from the folks who make Plexus and GeoLayers. They both offer a good variety of lessons that get you into the plugin.
    We are working to produce more tutorials, and you are always welcome to open a ticket and ask specific questions.  https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
  • For some reason I have to re-enter my license almost every time I use this plugin. 

Even if I open old files, I'll get the eval watermark.  What can I do to fix this?

• For some reason I have to re-enter my license almost every time I use this plugin. 

Even if I open old files, I'll get the eval watermark.  What can I do to fix this?

Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
  • When i start AE CC2017 and run the stardust plugin and dont do anything (for example only click on info to check if the activation works).

But when i quit AE i got (every time) an error message like (its german translated):

After Effects-Error: After Effects is crashed during the effect-plugin 'p1'.

The Windows 8.1 64bit-pro error message is:

Problemsignatur:
      Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH
      Anwendungsname:    AfterFX.exe
      Anwendungsversion:    14.2.0.198
      Anwendungszeitstempel:    58edc138
      Fehlermodulname:    Stardust_controls_emitter.aex
      Fehlermodulversion:    0.0.0.0
      Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    58fe062d
      Ausnahmecode:    c0000005
      Ausnahmeoffset:    0000000000040426
      Betriebsystemversion:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
      Gebietsschema-ID:    1031
      Zusatzinformation 1:    d240
      Zusatzinformation 2:    d24007525120af47431685effeb178ed
      Zusatzinformation 3:    7b03
      Zusatzinformation 4:    7b03c6517d1cb6f2dc851288b98845ad

System is a fresh install - thanks for help!

i7-6950X
    Asus Rampage Extreme V10
    Kingston 128GB RAM DDR4 2.666Mhz
    3-way-sli Evga GTX Titan Black SC

Edit:

same problem on a second pc with windows 10 pro 64-bit
    4790K+32GB RAM+GTX980TI
  • When i start AE CC2017 and run the stardust plugin and dont do anything (for example only click on info to check if the activation works).

But when i quit AE i got (every time) an error message like (its german translated):

Problemsignatur:

i7-6950X
    Asus Rampage Extreme V10

Edit:

4790K+32GB RAM+GTX980TI
    Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL

Problemsignatur:

i7-6950X
    Asus Rampage Extreme V10

Edit:

4790K+32GB RAM+GTX980TI
    Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
    I wrote serveral emails to the dev and they sent me some replacement files for testing and creating report files.
    The fix will be in the next update (i already got the version which works).

Good work - thanks!
  • :(
    "After Effects error: crash occured while invoking effect plug-in "Stardust".
    imageimage
  • After Effects error: crash occured while invoking effect plug-in "Stardust".

Could you please open a support ticket so we can help you directly
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
  • Wow, looks really nice! Trapcode who? Has Red Giant started sending you death threats yet, haha!

Going to pick this up soon! Question though: what hardware does the plug-in use to render? Is it CPU or GPU heavy?
  • Nice!  Trying out the demo right now, but I will be buying shortly.  The only problem I am having so far is the navigation box in the node editor will not disappear no matter what.  In one of the tutorials you said it would disappear if there was enough room to fit the node tree but it always stays in my case.
  • Nice!  Trying out the demo right now, but I will be buying shortly.  The only problem I am having so far is the navigation box in the node editor will not disappear no matter what.  In one of the tutorials you said it would disappear if there was enough room to fit the node tree but it always stays in my case.
    It should disappear, we will look into it. thanks.

• I have a desktop and laptop. Does Stardust allow me to use Stardust on both computers (me/single user using Stardust)?
  • I have a desktop and laptop. Does Stardust allow me to use Stardust on both computers (me/single user using Stardust)?
    Yes, one machine at the time, the license is floating.
  • Hey there,

When I try to follow a tutorial with the trial version I get very different results. Is this a limitation of the trial version? 
  • So, Stardust is all kinds of awesome.
    BUT one thing disappointed me, as a fan of 32 bit comping, the additive mode doesn't allow for brighter than white values. Do you think you can add a "HDR" checkbox to the rendering options? That would make me so very happy.
  • Hey there,

When I try to follow a tutorial with the trial version I get very different results. Is this a limitation of the trial version? 
    no, please open  a support ticket so we can assist you
  • So, Stardust is all kinds of awesome.
    BUT one thing disappointed me, as a fan of 32 bit comping, the additive mode doesn't allow for brighter than white values. Do you think you can add a "HDR" checkbox to the rendering options? That would make me so very happy.
    noted, thanks.
  • are you going to make it compatible with CS6?
  • When are we going to see the new update for Windows? It looks fantastic and GPU-support also. Very nice.
  • When are we going to see the new update for Windows? It looks fantastic and GPU-support also. Very nice.
    Thanks. Windows will follow in October.
    Thanks. Windows will follow in October.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds good :-). Patience then.
  • hi ~
    Is there a way to use more than one light in Stardust's motion node with the motion type as the light path?
  • Hi guys, a little help please.
    Every time I apply Stardust, the point of origin for the particle system its not centered and also canot change the channel depth or it will crash inmediatly. Besides that, Stardus its a very useful plugin and runs great.

• Hi guys, a little help please.
    Every time I apply Stardust, the point of origin for the particle system its not centered and also canot change the channel depth or it will crash inmediatly. Besides that, Stardus its a very useful plugin and runs great.

please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
  • Updated Stardust, most recent release of AE (October)
    SD is very funky in timeline and efx panel. not showing plugin sometimes,

Anyone else having such or other strangeness?\
  • hi
    I was update after effect new version in cc 2018 and cannot install the stardust plugin.
    help me please.

• hi
    I was update after effect new version in cc 2018 and cannot install the stardust plugin.
    help me please.

Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL
  • Updated Stardust, most recent release of AE (October)
    SD is very funky in timeline and efx panel. not showing plugin sometimes,

Anyone else having such or other strangeness?\
  • Hi Sirs.

Starting from
    Stardust is super amazing !!

please more tutorials, simple, short exercises!!

Tutorials about the new features individually :

" Some of the new features: "

• 3D Models and Primitives as particle instances
    • HDR Image-based lighting
    • Physical materials
    • Ambient occlusion
    • Extrude Text and Masks
    • GPU Powered
    • Workflow enhancements
    please
  • licensing question:
     Are licenses node locked, or can you have it installed on two machines, (but not use simultaneously)?
  • I just updated my OS to 10.13.1 and now Stardust is super slow and takes for ever to do previews.  This is the only script that is having this issue and I am wondering if there are any suggestions on how to increase the playback time of projects.