Universal Shortcut Fixer
  • This is great, but I have a problem. Pressing Save doesn't actually do anything at all. It just stays on the same screen and doesn't give me a popup box. Pressing Save, then Cancel closes the script but no changes has been made.

I have manually edited the keyboard shortcut .txt before. Could that be a problem?
  • This is great, but I have a problem. Pressing Save doesn't actually do anything at all. It just stays on the same screen and doesn't give me a popup box. Pressing Save, then Cancel closes the script but no changes has been made.

I have manually edited the keyboard shortcut .txt before. Could that be a problem?
    USF should work even if you have edited your shortcut.txt file as it only replaces characters. This is a bug that sometimes happens in After Effects, meaning it has nothing to do with the script itself. To solve it, reset your preferences. This bug has been reported to Adobe.
  • Finaly, a easier way to change the buttons in Adobe After Effects.  Works perfect with AE CC 2017!

USF should work even if you have edited your shortcut.txt file as it only replaces characters. This is a bug that sometimes happens in After Effects, meaning it has nothing to do with the script itself. To solve it, reset your preferences. This bug has bin reported to Adobe.
    Same problem. Resetting preferences and also resetting shotcuts (ctrl+alt+shift, and then alt+click in ok) didn´t work. AE 2017, windows 10. 
    Any ideas?
  • This would be a great thing if it worked. Pressing save and nothing happens. Restore makes a pop up window appear asking me for a file I don't know where to find. Also, the modifier keys are greyed out so it seems you can't use a key with a modifier key.

• Same problem. Resetting preferences and also resetting shotcuts (ctrl+alt+shift, and then alt+click in ok) didn´t work. AE 2017, windows 10. 
    Any ideas?

This would be a great thing if it worked. Pressing save and nothing happens. Restore makes a pop up window appear asking me for a file I don't know where to find. Also, the modifier keys are greyed out so it seems you can't use a key with a modifier key.

I just uploaded an update, 1.1, that should fix this problem for you!
    https://aescripts.com/universal-shortcut-fixer/
    Features:
    - Hold down ctrl/options and press a button to manually be able to type your wanted characters

Bugfixes:
    - Non-working Convert button should now work.
    - Fixed arrowkey-movement on OSX, should no longer move twice the steps
  • Same problem. Resetting preferences and also resetting shotcuts (ctrl+alt+shift, and then alt+click in ok) didn´t work. AE 2017, windows 10. 
    Any ideas?

This would be a great thing if it worked. Pressing save and nothing happens. Restore makes a pop up window appear asking me for a file I don't know where to find. Also, the modifier keys are greyed out so it seems you can't use a key with a modifier key.

I just uploaded an update, 1.1, that should fix this problem for you!
    https://aescripts.com/universal-shortcut-fixer/
    Features:
    - Hold down ctrl/options and press a button to manually be able to type your wanted characters

Bugfixes:
    - Non-working Convert button should now work.
    - Fixed arrowkey-movement on OSX, should no longer move twice the steps
    Thanks! But still not working for me.
    When I click "convert", nothing happens. After that when i close the script window i get this error: "Unable to execute script at line 375. k is undefined"

That only happens if I try to change a shortcut.
    If i dont change anything and close the window I dont have any error messages.
    If i don´t change anything and click on convert, I got the "installation succesfull message".

Hope this helps to fix it in a future update.
    Thanks again!

• Thanks! But still not working for me.
    When I click "convert", nothing happens. After that when i close the script window i get this error: "Unable to execute script at line 375. k is undefined"

That only happens if I try to change a shortcut.
    If i dont change anything and close the window I dont have any error messages.
    If i don´t change anything and click on convert, I got the "installation succesfull message".

Hope this helps to fix it in a future update.
    Thanks again!

Sorry for that. I have uploaded an update fixing the problem + added Desktop/Laptop layout to better mimic most keyboards. Try it out!

If you get any more problems, please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/ as I'll be able to help you much quicker!
  • I can't map the key left from Delete (Backspace) to "plus". A grey bar pops up at the bottom of the screen and the shortcut can't be changed. This happen only in After Effects, it's not caused by a 3rd party app. Other keys seem to work fine.

• I can't map the key left from Delete (Backspace) to "plus". A grey bar pops up at the bottom of the screen and the shortcut can't be changed. This happen only in After Effects, it's not caused by a 3rd party app. Other keys seem to work fine.

Hi! Please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/ and attach your image and what language you're trying to convert to.
  • Does a similar tool exist for Premiere Pro?