• Hi, I'm trying to apply typography from other sources however I failed due to the missing "Metrix" layers in each character's composition. I do notice I can fix this by replacing all the characters one by one. Are there any one-click tricks?
  • How do I choose which version of an animated glyph is used in a word? (I'm using an Animography typeface.) 

Thanks,
    Tom
  • Thomas Alberti said: How do I choose which version of an animated glyph is used in a word? (I'm using an Animography typeface.) 
    Thanks,Tom We will add versions and terminals support in next version of Font Manager that would be released
    really soon.
  • Hi, I'm trying to apply typography from other sources however I failed due to the missing "Metrix" layers in each character's composition. I do notice I can fix this by replacing all the characters one by one. Are there any one-click tricks?
    Sorry for a delay in reply. I'm working on the tutorial that will describe how to add metrics to all typefaces. It would be released at the beginning of September.
  • I would love to buy it. It's really looks an amazing tool. But the tutorials show us a very simple typeface been made, and a simple copy and paste effects would give a very similiar results. If you could show us how we can make a more complex animation, like it was made in the logo "Font Manager", I'll definetly buy it.
  • Hi and thanks for your great tool Font Manager!
    I just have a problem today.. Impossible to start the plugin who tell me about an error at the line 275 (customPunctuation.split) "impossible to execute the script at line 275. The function customPunctuation.split is not defined". I have tried to uninstall, re-install, restart my Mac but i have always the same error.. What can i do? Thanks in advance.
  • Hi and thanks for your great tool Font Manager!
    I just have a problem today.. Impossible to start the plugin who tell me about an error at the line 275 (customPunctuation.split) "impossible to execute the script at line 275. The function customPunctuation.split is not defined". I have tried to uninstall, re-install, restart my Mac but i have always the same error.. What can i do? Thanks in advance.
    Hi,
    Sorry about having that issue.
    Please, open support ticket here:
  • I bought this a while ago along with Data Damage and Line Dash. I've added comments and changed the names of metrics folders but I still get error after error. What's the secret to tricking this script to work? Can we get all animated typefaces to come with the correct comments and filenames or have Font Manager work without all of this trickery?
  • I bought this a while ago along with Data Damage and Line Dash. I've added comments and changed the names of metrics folders but I still get error after error. What's the secret to tricking this script to work? Can we get all animated typefaces to come with the correct comments and filenames or have Font Manager work without all of this trickery?
    Hi Rick,
    Sorry for delay in my reply. Do you want to use animated typefaces from Animography or any other?
  • Hi Rick,
    Sorry for delay in my reply. Do you want to use animated typefaces from Animography or any other?
    Specifically working with Data Damage and Line Dash but I see neither was created by Animography nor do they promise to play nice with Font Manager. I should have check that first. Forgive my frustrated outburst.

I don't suppose you're familiar with getting animated typefaces like this to work with Font Manager? 
  • I can help you to setup these typefaces to work with the Font Manager. Please open the support ticket here:
    And I will contact the author to add the native support of FM.
  • Can I not just type in the text in Font Manager and start using it. I am getting a pop up that says I need to download something. 

The video made it appear that you can just type the text into the panel and go from there.

Am I missing something?

I thought this was an application to make animating text faster.
  • Can I not just type in the text in Font Manager and start using it. I am getting a pop up that says I need to download something. 

The video made it appear that you can just type the text into the panel and go from there.

Am I missing something?

I thought this was an application to make animating text faster.
    It is, but you have to add you own animation to the letters.
    Check out this tutorial:

• I believe this is poorly marketed - from the majority of questions in the comments below (myself included) this looks like an app that will animate any font you want to use from your own fonts folder (eg: Helvetica, Univers, Futura etc) and the font manager will apply the animation to that animography font.

Which obviously is not the case.

This is basically a animography editor for existing and therefore locked/specific fonts.

Yes you can build your own animated fonts and use this program but I guarantee the majority of people here are looking to take pre-existing animated fonts and apply a font of their liking to it.

It may seem obvious to you but this does not present itself clearly enough. 
  • this looks like an app that will animate any font you want to use from your own fonts folder (eg: Helvetica, Univers, Futura etc) and the font manager will apply the animation to that animography font.
    You can do exactly this. Please see this tutorial:

This is basically a animography editor for existing and therefore locked/specific fonts.
    It can do this as well!
    but I guarantee the majority of people here are looking to take pre-existing animated fonts and apply a font of their liking to it.
    Maybe once A.I. is more advanced something like this might be possible but don't think you can do this yet with today's technology. We do agree though that this would be pretty awesome!
  • I believe this is poorly marketed - from the majority of questions in the comments below (myself included) this looks like an app that will animate any font you want to use from your own fonts folder (eg: Helvetica, Univers, Futura etc) and the font manager will apply the animation to that animography font.

Which obviously is not the case.

Yes you can build your own animated fonts and use this program but I guarantee the majority of people here are looking to take pre-existing animated fonts and apply a font of their liking to it.

It may seem obvious to you but this does not present itself clearly enough. 
    You can create pre-existing animation and apply to the characters as in the tutorial that Lloyd linked.
    We are currently working on the presets for the Font Manager, that you could just select your font, choose language, animation, and the rest FM will do for you.
  • Hello Font Manger!!  

How do I get Font Manager to do special characters?  I know that the font (Trade Gothic) has the characters I need but Font Manager did not create them.  Specifically different accent marks different languages, like French.

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • Hello Font Manger!!  

How do I get Font Manager to do special characters?  I know that the font (Trade Gothic) has the characters I need but Font Manager did not create them.  Specifically different accent marks different languages, like French.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Hi Kevin,
    Open FM and go to Setup -> click "Customize char set" > under the "Add" field add your custom characters. And then create you animated typeface with "Create Typeface layers" or "New Typeface template"
  • Hi Kevin,
    Open FM and go to Setup -> click "Customize char set" > under the "Add" field add your custom characters. And then create you animated typeface with "Create Typeface layers" or "New Typeface template"
    Awesome!!  Thanks
  • Awesome!!  Thanks
    So... I followed this instructions but had no success.  Font Manager did not recognized the characters I added, then added them all on one layer.  I've reduced the number of characters and looks that may cover me.  Working through and figuring this out, I've deleted the default glyphs for English under the Customize Characters.  How do I reset?
  • Please, open the support ticket and attach the characters you've tried to add. I'll help you.
  • I'm trying to use Font Manager in AE 2017.2 and 2018.

Using the Quick Start Menu, once I get to the SETUP KERNING AND METRICS window, I select "Add quick metrics" then "NEXT" , it seems to process and appears to work however the next Quick Menu Window should be the PARENT PROPERTIES window. That window never appears and it remains on the SETUP KERNING AND METRICS window.  The plugin does not advance for me.  I was following Dope Motion's Font Manager video. For reference, my problem exists around 6:35 of his video and the plugin does not advance.

Please help!
  • Greg Hand said:
    I'm trying to use Font Manager in AE 2017.2 and 2018.

Using the Quick Start Menu, once I get to the SETUP KERNING AND METRICS window, I select "Add quick metrics" then "NEXT" , it seems to process and appears to work however the next Quick Menu Window should be the PARENT PROPERTIES window. That window never appears and it remains on the SETUP KERNING AND METRICS window.  The plugin does not advance for me.  I was following Dope Motion's Font Manager video. For reference, my problem exists around 6:35 of his video and the plugin does not advance.

Please help!
    Open a support ticket
  • Hello,

I have just buy the script, and didn't find any advanced tutorial, for make new kerning rules for example. There is another tutorials ? I didn't find on google.

Thank you,

Kind regards.
  • Hello,

I have just buy the script, and didn't find any advanced tutorial, for make new kerning rules for example. There is another tutorials ? I didn't find on google.

Thank you,

Kind regards.
    Hi Adrien,
    I'm currently working on the advanced tutorial and will release it in a week or two.
    Until then you can use "QUICK START" button and follow the instructions or open a support ticket and I will help you there.
  • Hello,

Thank you,

Kind regards.
    Hi Adrien,
    I'm currently working on the advanced tutorial and will release it in a week or two.
    Until then you can use "QUICK START" button and follow the instructions or open a support ticket and I will help you there.
    Cool! It's ok, I can wait a couple of weeks.

Thank you very much.
  • The Animography typeface "Magnus" doesn't seem to work as well as the others I've been using. Colors don't parent, line weights don't, slanting either... and when I type "url.com/50", only "url.com" ends up being included in the comp.
    Is there a bug when using forward slashes?

• The Animography typeface "Magnus" doesn't seem to work as well as the others I've been using. Colors don't parent, line weights don't, slanting either... and when I type "url.com/50", only "url.com" ends up being included in the comp.
    Is there a bug when using forward slashes?

open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Good day.

I have followed the Motion Land tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FLCTWFz4kw) on how to create an animated typeface step by step (around 12 times) and I get the same result no matter what font I attempt to use.

"Can't find 'name of created animated font metrics' composition. Make sure you have 'name of created animated font metrics' composition or it's typed right. You can also add Metrics using 'QUICK START' menu, under the Settings tab."

I do have the mentioned composition and it is spelled correctly. Usually I do not purchased any item, I try them first but your trial version does not allow me to test creating an animated font. Please help. Thanks.

Eddie
  • Good day.

I have followed the Motion Land tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FLCTWFz4kw) on how to create an animated typeface step by step (around 12 times) and I get the same result no matter what font I attempt to use.

"Can't find 'name of created animated font metrics' composition. Make sure you have 'name of created animated font metrics' composition or it's typed right. You can also add Metrics using 'QUICK START' menu, under the Settings tab."

I do have the mentioned composition and it is spelled correctly. Usually I do not purchased any item, I try them first but your trial version does not allow me to test creating an animated font. Please help. Thanks.

Eddie
    open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hello the script worked perfect, but I had to reinstall After Effects and now it does not work, when I boot it I get an errror message: "Unable to execute script at line 136. undefined is not an object" Could you help me? Thank you!
  • Hello

the script worked perfect, but I had to reinstall After Effects and now it does not work, when I boot it I get an errror message:

"Unable to execute script at line 136. undefined is not an object"

Could you help me? Thank you!

open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hello, I've download the trial, but when I try to run the script either ways from the menu>Runscript, or from >Windows,
    The script start loading and then AE just freeze. 
    Using the last version of AE CC 2018 on mac OS.

Anyone can help? Thanks.
  • Hello, I've download the trial, but when I try to run the script either ways from the menu>Runscript, or from >Windows,
    The script start loading and then AE just freeze. 
    Using the last version of AE CC 2018 on mac OS.

Anyone can help? Thanks.
    Hi, please open a support ticket  and include screenshots https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Will this script work with this typeface

.../gotham-pro-font-animation/21989909

• Will this script work with this typeface

Hi, I'm not sure about that, but you can ask the typeface author.
    If it doesn't compatible, with Font Manager they can easily to it.
  • Hi, in the following usecase:
    - create animated font
    - make animations inside the character comps
    - write text >> everything works ok
    - adjust animations inside character comps comps >> written text does not update because it works with duplicated comps. 

Is there a way to configure the plugin so it doesn't make duplicates everytime you write something?
    Or does the user have to rewrite all the text already there if an adjustment is made to a character comp?

• Hi, in the following usecase:
    - create animated font
    - make animations inside the character comps
    - write text >> everything works ok
    - adjust animations inside character comps comps >> written text does not update because it works with duplicated comps. 

Is there a way to configure the plugin so it doesn't make duplicates everytime you write something?
    Or does the user have to rewrite all the text already there if an adjustment is made to a character comp?

Hi Emile,
    Thank you for using Font Manager.
    So far, there is no way to avoid duplication but I will consider that feature for the future release.
  • Good afternoon, I am very interested in buying this script but I have a doubt ... in the demo version it does not recognize character with the cent ~ that in Portuguese is very used ... in the full version it recognizes words like Mãe (Mother) ???
    Thank you!
  • Thank you for answering my previous question! Another question: Is there a way to have multiple animations for the same letter, and have the plugin pick one at random? So if you would write "banana", you make 3 different animations for the character "a" and the a is shown in 2/3 different ways? 
  • Good afternoon, I am very interested in buying this script but I have a doubt ... in the demo version it does not recognize character with the cent ~ that in Portuguese is very used ... in the full version it recognizes words like Mãe (Mother) ???
    Thank you!
    Hi,
    I will check that and it that bug is there, I will fix that in the forthcoming release.
    Sorry for the inconveniene.
  • Thank you for answering my previous question! Another question: Is there a way to have multiple animations for the same letter, and have the plugin pick one at random? So if you would write "banana", you make 3 different animations for the character "a" and the a is shown in 2/3 different ways? 
    Hi Emile,

You can create a several version of each of the character by duplicating compositions and adding a postfix to the names, like A, A_2, A_3 and etc.
    Then under Font Manager settings choose "Import available Stylistic Alternates" and set them to "Use Random version".

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 16.00.19.png
    944 x 1256 - 307K
  • expression error when i push write text button.
  • expression error when i push write text button.

open a support ticket and provide screenshots https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

• PLEASE HELP!  I have purchased the Font Manager and one typeface (Multicolore). The install tutorial says there should be a "Font Manager Library" FOLDER in "ScriptsUIPanels".  I don't see one in the download.  Should I simply create one?  Please clear this up, the install instruction is terribly lacking detail about the install.
  • PLEASE HELP!  I have purchased the Font Manager and one typeface (Multicolore). The install tutorial says there should be a "Font Manager Library" FOLDER in "ScriptsUIPanels".  I don't see one in the download.  Should I simply create one?  Please clear this up, the install instruction is terribly lacking detail about the install.
    Hi, sorry for a confusion. Yes, you need to create that folder manually.
  • Hi all,

great script. I have on e question: When I write some words, the controller for the colors is placed on each letter instead of one global controller. So I have fonts with 3 colors, so to change, I have to grab every letter and change which is annoying, or copy this to each letter. Is there a global possibility?

Thank you.

Regards
  • Hi all,

great script. I have on e question: When I write some words, the controller for the colors is placed on each letter instead of one global controller. So I have fonts with 3 colors, so to change, I have to grab every letter and change which is annoying, or copy this to each letter. Is there a global possibility?

Thank you.

Regards
    Hi,
    Please make sure that you have enabled "Toggle parent" option.
    Screenshot 2018-12-21 at 16.02.55.png
    368 x 620 - 73K
  • Hi,
    Please make sure that you have enabled "Toggle parent" option.
    Thank you, this was it, thought to go over the setup menu…
  • Hi there ,,, every time i try to write text, i get the script alert.
    This script requies to access to write files.
    go to the General panael and  make sure that allow script is checked...

And am sure it's Checked...
    what can i do ..