• accidently i deleted kbar settings button ..
    how can i recreate it please ?
  • accidently i deleted kbar settings button ..
    how can i recreate it please ?
    Unfortunately this is a known bug.  There's no way to do that short of deleting the kbar file and starting from scratch.  You have to use the KBar menus.
  • Added  jpg version of problems since earlier QT attachment may not work.  I hope you can get this fixed ASAP because I've been hoping and waiting for a tool exactly like this for years.  Good luck!

Scott
    Kbar_probs_v1.03.jpg
    4835 x 1808 - 544K
  • Will it work with CC 2014??
  • sub rud said:
    Will it work with CC 2014??
    It only works with newer versions of AE
  • Loving KBAR but it would be great if you could invoke 'preferences' as a menu item, and anything therein e.g. 'grids & guides'.

invoke layer settings. if click on AE layers like null and solid it works. If click on layers like jpg and comp it says

"could not run menu item "layer settings..."

If i go back to click on AE layers like null and solid it will throw the error again. 

How to invoke 'purge' ? Managed to add it but clicking on it doesnt do anything.

#edit
    making a 'Scriptlet' with app.executeCommand(10200) works

So far so good with the script. Thank you.

• How can I create Shape Layer Presets? When I apply a preset with a button I must select a layer to function. But with shape layer presets I can't select a layer or it will apply the effects to the layer instead of creating the new shape.
  • FYI, I sent in the screen caps from the latest build you asked for....

S
  • How can I create Shape Layer Presets? When I apply a preset with a button I must select a layer to function. But with shape layer presets I can't select a layer or it will apply the effects to the layer instead of creating the new shape.

Hi Christian, unfortunately this is a limitation of how the After Effects API works.  I can't add a new preset to the project.  I can only apply it to the selection.  You'll need to write a scriptlet that adds a new shape first and then applies the desired preset on it.

• ben toh said:

invoke layer settings. if click on AE layers like null and solid it works. If click on layers like jpg and comp it says
    "could not run menu item "layer settings..."

If i go back to click on AE layers like null and solid it will throw the error again. 

How to invoke 'purge' ? Managed to add it but clicking on it doesnt do anything.

#edit
    making a 'Scriptlet' with app.executeCommand(10200) works

So far so good with the script. Thank you.

1)  Try the instructions on the help page (#3) https://bitbucket.org/khanyu/kbar/wiki/Buttons/Menu Command
    2)  Yeah, this is a known issue.

• hello,

i have problems installing kbar on my pc. once i've opened the file kbar.1.0.3.zxp, the extenssion manager gives me the following error while installing kbar: "Cannot find required data from database. the extension will not be installed". 

what can i do?

• Can you use quickkeys with buttons on this toolbar? Like can you assign quickkeys?
  • It was really easy to build my most most used scripts into the toolbar but I noticed it wasn't working with a plugin.
    I could not invoke menu item. Tried anyway hoping this error could be a clue how to solve it.

Could not run menu item "De-compose"
    Perhaps there was a typo? Error: Command Id for "De-compse" was not found.

Links:

Will follow up if I find a solution to this.
  • Is there a way to create a icon for DUIK Swing?
    Whenever I do it it only apply the effects without it's proper scripts related to the position, rotation, whatever is selected.
    Thanks.
  • So the question I have is what exactly is the attached error message referring to?  What folder is it trying to find?

Scott

kBar_error.png
    1013 x 502 - 31K
  • This bar is a huge time saver! By the way, I have a question. I created a button with a loop expression, but everytime I use it there's a lag and the KBar section resizes. I'm on Windows 10 and latest AE update.
  • Is there a way to make a button that adds a stroke path with trim paths already added? 

Thanks!
  • hi there! i can not install the extension. i've allready opened a support ticket. but this was 3 weeks ago and i dind't get any response. so maybe someone can help me here. 

in adobe extenssion manager i'm getting the following error while installing: "cannot find required data from database. the extension will not be installed".

any ideas what causing this problem? i'm working on a pc, win10.

thanks!
  • Hi great script!
    Can I update the icon list myself?
  • Florian, don't use the Adobe Extension Manager, it's not supported past CC 2015. Use the aescripts ZXP installer: https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/
    hi there! i can not install the extension. i've allready opened a support ticket. but this was 3 weeks ago and i dind't get any response. so maybe someone can help me here. 

in adobe extenssion manager i'm getting the following error while installing: "cannot find required data from database. the extension will not be installed".

any ideas what causing this problem? i'm working on a pc, win10.

thanks!

• Hi Guys ! 

I am considering buying this awesome tool.

But for now I just installed the trial version but it"s seem that the extension did not support the French version of Ae (menu items etc). Is there a way to use Kbar with a French version of Ae?

Thanks a lot ! 
  • Hi!
    Is there a way to get a "close other timeline panels"-button?
    Couldn't find it in regular menue items...

Thanks in advance!
  • Kbar is not seeing some basic effects. Like the Glow (standard Adobe) effect. The auto-fill search function seems to have some issue and a menu fly-out like ft_toolbar2 would be nice. Until then is there a way for me to add 'glow' without creating a blank animation preset first?

Thanks!
  • ft-toolbar has the option to use multiple functions on one button, like for example click gives you a wiggle(1,10) and alt-clicking it give you wiggle(2,20).
    Do you have this option with kbar?
  • Hi!
    Is there a way to get a "close other timeline panels"-button?
    Couldn't find it in regular menue items...

Thanks in advance!
    You could get "Malty: Closer" and add a button to open the script. 
  • Hey. I love the script. It's a HUGE time saver. But one effect I can't seem to access through it is "Fill." It won't show up when I try to put it in. Is there a way to correct for this?

Thanks!
  • It is impossible to add a non-standard item from AE menu, for example "Newton 2" or "Un-PreCompose". It finds only standard menu items.

Also, the window size of Kbar is reset when AE is reopened.
    If Kbar has an extension button and at the same time this extension is already open, then pressing the button does not make the extension window active if it was not selected.
    At my system De-compose.. has command id 5007. Invoke the number should work.

When you open the scripteditor in AE it gives the Command-id when you run this: alert(app.findMenuCommandId("insert menu command name"));
  • Is there a way to import my buddy's toolset while keeping my own? I keep getting everything overwritten when I import his toolset. Hoping there's an option to import separate tool bars!
  • Hi,

Just updated AE to 2018 but KBar is not showing?! Is it not compatible... ?
  • Hi, just updated AE to 2018 but all my scripts path gone away. Is that possible, to specify new path to scripts bin?
  • I have the trial version working in AE2018. I was using jt-toolbar and created icons for all my scripts...but when you load the thumbnails and move the icon slider all the way to the right it isn't actually "100%". I did a screen grab and the original icon size is 120x60 but the largest the icon will go is about 80x40. If you could fix that to allow thumbnails to display pixel for pixel I think that might push me over the edge to buy. I am kicking myself for not getting it at the discount when it first came out but I looked and already had the jt-toolbar (which I didn't actually use). Anyways...let me know if you can fix this and BAM! Consider this purchased! Joe
  • Would it be possible to add a toggle button in settings where you have the option of displaying all the toolbars at once? I would like to make different categories of scripts and not have to select from a dropdown list constantly. Display them all at once! (when you have a triple monitor setup it's a game to fill every bit of screen real estate up with menus).

Could you also tighten up the space between rows? or have "Button Spacing" and "Row Spacing".

Thanks!
    Joe
    KBARexample-featurerequest.png
    362 x 613 - 92K
  • I use to use ftToolbar and I had a duplicate of the script (with a different name) inside the UI Script folder so that I could have 2 toolbars visible while working.

Can something like this be done to the extension to be able to see more than one Kbar at a time?

Thanks!
    Oscar
  • Big BTW- I upgraded my machine to Mac OS 10.12 and KBar now works perfectly.

Scott
  • I looked and did not see the answer to this - sorry in advance if I missed it. When creating a button to apply a specific effect, is it possible to change the default setting of the effect - either after the fact or by pointing to an applied instance w/ the desired parameters? Thanks! 
  • I'd like to request an option in the preferences to launch scripts as dockable windows. Better yet, Opt+Clicking (or some modifier) would be cool to do it on a case-by-case basis.
  • Hello ! Thanks for this amazing script, is it possible to launch an adjustment layer with it ? It's the only button left ! Thanks !
  • I looked and did not see the answer to this - sorry in advance if I missed it. When creating a button to apply a specific effect, is it possible to change the default setting of the effect - either after the fact or by pointing to an applied instance w/ the desired parameters? Thanks! 
    You have to write a scriptlet to do this.

I'd like to request an option in the preferences to launch scripts as dockable windows. Better yet, Opt+Clicking (or some modifier) would be cool to do it on a case-by-case basis.
    Sadly this isn't supported by the AE API

• I use to use ftToolbar and I had a duplicate of the script (with a different name) inside the UI Script folder so that I could have 2 toolbars visible while working.

Can something like this be done to the extension to be able to see more than one Kbar at a time?

Thanks!
    Oscar
    Hi Oscar, this is slated for KBar 2.0.  It's a big update and will take a while.
  • Is there a way to import my buddy's toolset while keeping my own? I keep getting everything overwritten when I import his toolset. Hoping there's an option to import separate tool bars!
    Hi Amy, not yet.  I'm looking at allowing partial imports in the next version.  Keep an eye out for this feature in the next release.
  • Where does K Bar store it's data? If possible I want to sync it up between two computers.
  • I just updated the latest version and now my toolbar is gone... How can I re-import or link it?

I spent a lot of time setting mine up just right, I sure hope it's not gone for good!

• Joe Ski said:
    I just updated the latest version and now my toolbar is gone... How can I re-import or link it?

I spent a lot of time setting mine up just right, I sure hope it's not gone for good!

Hi Joe, I'm so so so sorry.  There's a bug in KBar causing some very very small number of users to lose their KBar settings file upon upgrade.  There's a small chance you still have your old KBar file.  It would be in:

Windows: %APPDATA%\aescripts\kbar
    OSX: ~/Library/Preferences/aescripts/kbar

• Hi, I've been getting an error every time KBar loads in CC 2018: "Unable to execute script at line 130. reflect is read only" which comes up twice each time.

Here's the sequence: Kbar screen loads to black, error comes up, I hit "OK", it starts loading the default Kbar so I can see Lens Blur and Wiggle buttons on screen, then it stops there and gives me the same error message -- I hit "OK" again, and it loads the default configuration again before it loads my personal configuration. Then the Kbar works fine, but I also get the same error again when I open Kbar settings.

I'm on a Mac (High Sierra), and I've reset the configuration, uninstalled and re-installed, and I still get the same error every time it loads. Any help would be appreciated!
  • Hi, I've been getting an error every time KBar loads in CC 2018: "Unable to execute script at line 130. reflect is read only" which comes up twice each time.

Here's the sequence: Kbar screen loads to black, error comes up, I hit "OK", it starts loading the default Kbar so I can see Lens Blur and Wiggle buttons on screen, then it stops there and gives me the same error message -- I hit "OK" again, and it loads the default configuration again before it loads my personal configuration. Then the Kbar works fine, but I also get the same error again when I open Kbar settings.

I'm on a Mac (High Sierra), and I've reset the configuration, uninstalled and re-installed, and I still get the same error every time it loads. Any help would be appreciated!
    Hi Jesse, can you please file a support ticket and if possible, a screen capture of the loading and error you're seeing?

Thanks!
  • Adding a button for the Menu Function "Reveal Layer Source in Project" doesn't seem to work.  Any ideas?  Thx.  Love this tool.
  • What's the status on fixing the window resizing bug? Every time I open AE, the Kbar window is resized.
  • What's the status on fixing the window resizing bug? Every time I open AE, the Kbar window is resized.
    Hi Jason, this is a bug in AE and how it manages workspaces.  Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about this.