SkyBox VR Player
  • Headset doesn't show up under playback devices... compatible with Oculus DK2?
  • Yes our VR Player supports DK2 - please read the manual. We explain the set-up there.

Let us know if all is good.

Cheers,
    Chris
    www.mettle.com
  • Thank you for sharing such a great tool with the VR community!

I downloaded the player from your website, Jan 17 built. When installing, it can not find any supported hosts in my system. I do have Affter Effects CC 12.1.0.168. Please help. Thank you again.
  • Hi,

I am trying to use your VR player with a DK2  and the latest Oculus drivers (SDK 1.3). The Oculus Rift is not showing up under the Playback Device menu. Seems that it is not detected. I followed every step in the manual, but there are no solutions for the device not showing in the drop down menu. It works to preview the content in the preview window, but not in the Rift. Any help would be appreviated.

Thanks and kind regards,
    Roland Hartmann

www.graphicinmotion.com
  • Hi,
    I'm running a mac with a flashed Titan X card would it be possible to use this plugin? I've read that there are various ways of getting the rift to work on Mac's with Nvidia cards. 
  • Hi Roland, 

If you're using the Oculus 1.3 SDK (mainly for the CV1) with your DK2, download the mettle vr player for CV1, not for the DK2. 

You will find the latest updates (07/14/2016) for CC2015.3 here: 
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/exeek6sp81n2ftx/AABMlrXVT1EwS5gdEC6Ye6qqa?dl=0
    Hi,

I am trying to use your VR player with a DK2  and the latest Oculus drivers (SDK 1.3). The Oculus Rift is not showing up under the Playback Device menu. Seems that it is not detected. I followed every step in the manual, but there are no solutions for the device not showing in the drop down menu. It works to preview the content in the preview window, but not in the Rift. Any help would be appreviated.

Thanks and kind regards,
    Roland Hartmann

www.graphicinmotion.com

• Hello, I am using the Oculus Rift (DK2Firmware_2_12), I downloaded it from here (Oculus Runtime for OS X V0.5.0.1-beta) with a MacPro and got it to work on the preview window of the plugin but it is not rendering to the Oculus Rift. 

Am I missing something? The demo from the Oculus Tool works well.

Thanks a lot
  • Does anyone know if this works with The Vive?
  • Does anyone know if this works with The Vive?

Yes through the "Revive" solution. However it broke at one point with one of the NVIDA drivers. I believe it is working again now.

We do plan on support int he Vibe natively in the future.

Yes our VR Player supports DK2 - please read the manual. We explain the set-up there.

Let us know if all is good.

Cheers,
    Chris
    www.mettle.com
  • Hello, I am using the Oculus Rift (DK2Firmware_2_12), I downloaded it from here (Oculus Runtime for OS X V0.5.0.1-beta) with a MacPro and got it to work on the preview window of the plugin but it is not rendering to the Oculus Rift. 

Am I missing something? The demo from the Oculus Tool works well.

Thanks a lot
    It could be you the GPU driver. Update your GPU driver from your GPU vendors site.

That said, we have not developed the Mac version much since Oculus dropped support for the Mac.

The WIN version of our VR Player is infinitely more robust and feature rich. We will re-visit the Mac version and bring it to the same level as the WIN version if Oculus supports the Mac again.
  • Onyx Lee said:
    Thank you for sharing such a great tool with the VR community!

I downloaded the player from your website, Jan 17 built. When installing, it can not find any supported hosts in my system. I do have Affter Effects CC 12.1.0.168. Please help. Thank you again.
    Please download the latest version of our VR Player form your account on aescripts. Let us now if all is good now.
  • Hi,
    I'm running a mac with a flashed Titan X card would it be possible to use this plugin? I've read that there are various ways of getting the rift to work on Mac's with Nvidia cards. 
    We never tried it with a flashed card... so not sure if it works or not. As I mention in another reply, we stopped developing the VR player on the Mac once Oculus dropped support for the Mac. Our WIN version is infinitely more robust and feature rich. we will revisit the Mac if Oculus decides to support it again.
  • Has anyone been able to get the Oculus DK2 to work on a late 2013 or newer mac pro with the most recent After Effects CC?

I'm considering buying a DK2 for use on my mac pro but I haven't been able to see any reports of Mettle's VR Player working for anyone on a Mac, even though it seems that it is "supported."

Thanks!
  • After installation with After Effects CC 2015.3 after loading up AE I get the error message (in German ->paraphrasing):

After Effects warning: The following Plug-ins couldn't be loaded. Re-install these plug-ing:
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-Ins\7.0\MediaCore\Mettle\VRPlayer.prm

Am I missing something?
    The Installer also only listed CS6 and CC, neither of which I still have. What am I missing here?
  • This is due to a recent OS update.

Remedy
    1) Please download and install the latest from the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account. 

2) Please make sure you have the latest GPU driver from the GPU vendors site. Including the openCL dll

3) Hold down the shift key next time you launch Premiere Pro
  • There is only "none" and "preview window" in playback device options
  • Henry Ou said:
    There is only "none" and "preview window" in playback device options

1) Please download and install the latest from the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account. 2) Please make sure you have the latest GPU driver form the GPU vendors site. Including the openCL dll 3) Makes sure you have the right version of the Oculus Runtime depending if you have the DK2 or the shipping version. 4) Hold down the shift key when you launch Premiere Pro
  • Worked perfectly for me, thx Chris and Lloyd! :)
  • Somehow the 360 mode doesn't work for me. Workspace mode works without problems, but when I switch to either 360 mode, my Rift just keeps flashing its hourglass icon instead of showing the panorama in my comp (which is set to 2000x1000).
  • Somehow the 360 mode doesn't work for me. Workspace mode works without problems, but when I switch to either 360 mode, my Rift just keeps flashing its hourglass icon instead of showing the panorama in my comp (which is set to 2000x1000).
    Please open a support ticket
    Please open a support ticket
    I've got it working in After Effects 2017... it wasn't working in AE 2014.
  • Hello Sir.
    I cannot activate skybox vr player 1.48
    I've tried also installing with "aescripts + aeplugins manager"  but no success
    I've tried all solutions suggested by Mettle and "aescripts + aeplugins manager" but no success.
    Would you please help me?
    Thank you very much

regards,
    Andres Pinilla