• Hi,

I update my After effects to latest versions 2018 

and I've installed the latest version from Quick Menu, But the problem is that the shortcut file not found, can you help me?

Hi Basem,

You should use the new Visual Keyboard Shortcut Editor to assign a shortcut to QM it seems to be that ADOBE has changed a lot of things. You can find more info about this new feature here.

• I am having the same problem, QuickMenu cannot find a shortcut file because I don't have one or know how to create one.

Edit: Ah ha! Quick Menu does appear in the Visual Keyboard Shortcut Editor you just have to search for it on the left!
  • I am having the same problem, QuickMenu cannot find a shortcut file because I don't have one or know how to create one.
    Hi Andrew,

Please use the new Visual Keyboard Shortcut Editor to assign a shortcut to QM

Cheers,
    Edgar
    Hi Andrew,

Please use the new Visual Keyboard Shortcut Editor to assign a shortcut to QM

Cheers,
    Edgar
    but how to assign ? 

it keeps saying that is a shortcuts file but it does not correspond to the current after effects version 15.0 please make sure you select the one that belongs to the current after effects version you are using

Edit: Ah ha! Quick Menu does appear in the Visual Keyboard Shortcut Editor you just have to search for it on the left!
    Hi Andres,
    Please don't use QM's Setting Window to assing a shortcut to it. You should use the new Visual Keyboard Shortcut Editor.

More info about this new feature here
    https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/keyboard-shortcuts-reference.html#main-pars_header_1698661027

Cheers,
    Edgar

Hi Andres, Please don't use QM's Setting Window to assing a shortcut to it. You should use the new Visual Keyboard Shortcut Editor. Cheers, Edgar
    but how to do that? its very confusing the Visual Keyboard Shortcut Editor guide.. honestly, a little tutorial on how to do that would be really handy
  • Andres,

Unfortunately right now I don't have access to a machine that has AE CC 2018 but I just found this other script that has the same problem please look at the end of the comments there is little video showing how to assing a shortcut to a script with the new feature.

Link here:
    https://aescripts.com/forums/discussion/1512/keyboard#latest
  • hello. 

Ae CC2018

1.it seems quickmenu is "always on top" even if I move from the Ae interface. is this intentional? 
    2. you can't move the window... 
    3. it would be nice if the window would appear anywhere your cursor is like the miniflowchart window.
    4. if possible, please add Contextual Menus (like right clicking on layer)
  • hello. 

Ae CC2018

1.it seems quickmenu is "always on top" even if I move from the Ae interface. is this intentional? 
    2. you can't move the window... 
    3. it would be nice if the window would appear anywhere your cursor is like the miniflowchart window.
    4. if possible, please add Contextual Menus (like right clicking on layer)
    please open a support ticket
  • I purchased Quick Menu but have no idea how to register it. I have the license code. Where do I enter it? Also, in AE 2018 there is no file for shortcuts.... 

• I purchased Quick Menu but have no idea how to register it. I have the license code. Where do I enter it?
    Please use our manager app to license it: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/ ;

• I just purchased and I'm baffled that I need the manager app to register. I'm on a non-administrator account (the app requires admin privileges)  and getting access is a headache/run-around with IT.

How was the plug-in registered before the creation of the manager?

UPDATE: Pressing enter on the '......' inside the window brought me to the licensing dialog.
  • I just purchased and I'm baffled that I need the manager app to register. I'm on a non-administrator account (the app requires admin privileges)  and getting access is a headache/run-around with IT.

How was the plug-in registered before the creation of the manager?

UPDATE: Pressing enter on the '......' inside the window brought me to the licensing dialog.
    Glad you figured it out, the manager app is not required, it's only inteded to make things easier :)
  • Hi, mostly loving the script, bit weird if I accidentally type an effect with a capital letter (ie Real Glow not real glow) the search isn't picking up any results.
  • Hi, mostly loving the script, bit weird if I accidentally type an effect with a capital letter (ie Real Glow not real glow) the search isn't picking up any results.
    Hi Jason,
    That's been fixed in QM 2.0, which I hope to release soon.
  • Hey! 

Great script, but one thing that would make it a lot better (for me at least) is by changing the way the search behaves. Right now, the search returns effects, presets, etc. that start with the given characters rather than return items that contain the given characters.

For example, I have a preset named “Shape trim”, I don't always remember it's called “Shape trim” and sometimes want to write only “trim” and have it come up.

I understand there might be performance issues with searching things this way, but FX console seem to have this part work with presets. I just love that your script goes beyond only presets and can apply stuff to multiple layers at the same time.

Anyways, good job and keep up the good work
  • Hey! 

Great script, but one thing that would make it a lot better (for me at least) is by changing the way the search behaves. Right now, the search returns effects, presets, etc. that start with the given characters rather than return items that contain the given characters.

For example, I have a preset named “Shape trim”, I don't always remember it's called “Shape trim” and sometimes want to write only “trim” and have it come up.

I understand there might be performance issues with searching things this way, but FX console seem to have this part work with presets. I just love that your script goes beyond only presets and can apply stuff to multiple layers at the same time.

Hi Sébastien

That's been implemented in QM 2.0. Please give us a little more time to relese it.

• Okay great! :)
    Hey! 

Hi Sébastien

That's been implemented in QM 2.0. Please give us a little more time to relese it.